Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Hidden Science & Advanced Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #21
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
I think they will have licenses available soon for any one who wants to commercialize.all is here http://www.steorn.com/orbo/licensing/
the last parts of the latest videos on the website explain a fair bit.
i know one of the developers forum members and had the luck to meet one of the engineers in dublin.

steorns latest

http://www.steorn.com/
The fact that they are marketing home experiment kits rather than selling a working power source themselves should speak volumes about whether or not this actually works.

Trevor Bayliss was incorrectly told his wind-up radios would run out of energy too quickly to be useful. Did he waste years doing youtube demos and offering to sell you an experiment kit so you could 'prove to yourself that his idea worked?'

No, he just produced a working clockwork radio and said 'see it works, buy them!' and then sat back safely in the knowledge that the engineering professor who told him it would run down too fast had got his calculations wrong.

Steorn can't do that because they're claiming, in effect, to violate fundamental laws of thermodynamics with a simple electro-mechanical device. They can't, and that's why they can't actually generate more energy than is put in to one of their device and sell the resulting power to the national grid. It's nuts. Classic perpetual motion scam.

Last edited by foobar; 22-01-2010 at 12:57 PM.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #22
h2pogo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,650
Likes: 1,189 (670 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
The fact that they are marketing home experiment kits rather than selling a working power source themselves should speak volumes about whether or not this actually works.

Trevor Bayliss was incorrectly told his wind-up radios would run out of energy too quickly to be useful. Did he waste years doing youtube demos and offering to sell you an experiment kit so you could 'prove to yourself that his idea worked?'

No, he just produced a working clockwork radio and said 'see it works, buy them!' and then sat back safely in the knowledge that the engineering professor who told him it would run down too fast had got his calculations wrong.

Steorn can't do that because they're claiming, in effect, to violate fundamental laws of thermodynamics with a simple electro-mechanical device. They can't, and that's why they can't actually generate more energy than is put in to one of their device and sell the resulting power to the national grid. It's nuts. Classic perpetual motion scam.
Steorn are welcoming people to bring their own testing equipment to the next demo to test for themselves.
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #23
griswald
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,083
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
The fact that they are marketing home experiment kits rather than selling a working power source themselves should speak volumes about whether or not this actually works.

Trevor Bayliss was incorrectly told his wind-up radios would run out of energy too quickly to be useful. Did he waste years doing youtube demos and offering to sell you an experiment kit so you could 'prove to yourself that his idea worked?'

No, he just produced a working clockwork radio and said 'see it works, buy them!' and then sat back safely in the knowledge that the engineering professor who told him it would run down too fast had got his calculations wrong.

Steorn can't do that because they're claiming, in effect, to violate fundamental laws of thermodynamics with a simple electro-mechanical device. They can't, and that's why they can't actually generate more energy than is put in to one of their device and sell the resulting power to the national grid. It's nuts. Classic perpetual motion scam.
If you can publicly disprove what they are claiming. Dont waste your energy blowing your stack here....get your arse in to Dublin, and prove them wrong in public, and make a name for your self. The oil companies will love you, and the energy companies will hail you as a hero, and no doubt you will become a wealthy man.

And if you cant disprove them in public............maybe that proves something else entirely

griswald
__________________
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

Dont ever argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Warning duely received and noted. Thankyou. gris..
griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #24
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griswald View Post
If you can publicly disprove what they are claiming. Dont waste your energy blowing your stack here....get your arse in to Dublin, and prove them wrong in public, and make a name for your self. The oil companies will love you, and the energy companies will hail you as a hero, and no doubt you will become a wealthy man.

And if you cant disprove them in public............maybe that proves something else entirely

griswald
I don't think you understand. Nobody outside conspiracy websites takes this seriously. Oil companies don't care because they know it's insane. They're not hostile to it. They're not planning in secret to have it debunked. They simply don't care because it's obviously nuts. Nobody would become wealthy for proving a little Irish company's touted perpetual motion machine was, in fact, silly deluded bunk.

The onus of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim. Where is the Steorn generator ?

Last edited by foobar; 23-01-2010 at 08:26 PM.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #25
h2pogo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,650
Likes: 1,189 (670 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
The onus of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim. Where is the Steorn generator ?
er its in dublin..go along with a multimeter..
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #26
griswald
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,083
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
I don't think you understand. Nobody outside conspiracy websites takes this seriously. Oil companies don't care because they know it's insane. They're not hostile to it. They're not planning in secret to have it debunked. They simply don't care because it's obviously nuts. Nobody would become wealthy for proving a little Irish company's touted perpetual motion machine was, in fact, silly deluded bunk.

The onus of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim. Where is the Steorn generator ?
So you are quite happy to spend your time here, with a load of nutters

Rather than going to Dublin to prove them wrong yourself. If you are convinced its rubbish, get there and prove it.

griswald
__________________
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

Dont ever argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Warning duely received and noted. Thankyou. gris..
griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 04:37 AM   #27
tabea_blumenschein
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 984
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

An "over-unity" device -- if it were possible to build one in the first place -- wouldn't need a battery, and it would be able to provide power to an external component continuously without running down.

Ditch the battery, connect the device to a light bulb, and let's see how long it can continue to provide power.

When Steorn does that, then we'll talk. Not before.

When P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute", he could well have been talking about "free-energy" claims.
__________________
De mortuis nil nisi bonum; of the living speak nothing but evil.

- Heinrich Heine
tabea_blumenschein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #28
h2pogo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,650
Likes: 1,189 (670 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabea_blumenschein View Post
An "over-unity" device -- if it were possible to build one in the first place -- wouldn't need a battery, and it would be able to provide power to an external component continuously without running down.

Ditch the battery, connect the device to a light bulb, and let's see how long it can continue to provide power.

When Steorn does that, then we'll talk. Not before.

When P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute", he could well have been talking about "free-energy" claims.
it needs power to ignite the coils..its claimed to be overunity not perpetual motion.
there is a sucker born every day that believes the laws of thermodynamics are the only laws that govern physics..
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #29
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
it needs power to ignite the coils..its claimed to be overunity not perpetual motion.
The claims about back EMF being eliminated allowing it to produce more energy than put in are perpetual motion claims.

It can't keep itself running without an external source and have power left to spare. That means it's not an overunity device.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #30
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griswald View Post
So you are quite happy to spend your time here, with a load of nutters

Rather than going to Dublin to prove them wrong yourself. If you are convinced its rubbish, get there and prove it.

griswald
I'm not going to waste my time and money flying around the world demonstrating that nutters are in fact nuts.

When you claim to have invented something the onus is on you to demonstrate that it works if you want it to be taken seriously. Steorn have a Heath-Robinson little electromechanical device that they claim produces more energy than is put into it. Except they can't do away with the external power source and have it produce more energy than it takes to keep it running.

Steorn themselves appointed 22 independent experts to investigate whether free energy was being produced, and after 2 years their answer was a resounding, unanimous 'no, there is no free energy being produced'.

http://stjury.ning.com/forum/topics/jury-announcement

What earthly reason would anybody now have for believing their claims that they'd invented an overunity device?

This is just another silly free energy scam that's managed to take in some credulous people.

Last edited by foobar; 24-01-2010 at 02:26 PM.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #31
h2pogo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,650
Likes: 1,189 (670 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
The claims about back EMF being eliminated allowing it to produce more energy than put in are perpetual motion claims.

It can't keep itself running without an external source and have power left to spare. That means it's not an overunity device.
it does need to be energized with an external source..i thought perpetual motion was when it didnt need an external source
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #32
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
it does need to be energized with an external source..i thought perpetual motion was when it didnt need an external source
Some things to remember :-

i) Perpetual motion that requires no external source doesn't exist. All proposed perpetual motion devices require energy input allegedly 'just to get them started'.

ii) When analysed in depth by people who know what they're doing, The amount of energy put in 'just to start it up' turns out to be more than the device ever outputs. That's exactly what was found to be the case with Steorn's Orbo. It should come as no surprise really. Nobody's going to discover some amazing energy source messing about with some mechanical arrangement of household magnets.

iii) We're now in the final stage where the 'inventors' and a remnant credulous section of the public who just desperately want free energy to exist are now making excuses. This could carry on for years, with most people with any background in hard sciences or engineering paying less and less attention to them. But at no point will they actually create a working generator producing energy they can sell to the national grid at a profit.

The folks at Steorn have come up with an interesting twist on this oft repeated story by offering to sell 'experimental kits'. People will buy them thinking that they're part of some great grass roots free-energy revolution, and democratizing science away from stuffy, arrogant 'gate-keepers'. But in reality, this is actually just a way of making money from people without having to actually generate surplus energy themselves. It's quite likely that Steorn's proprietor is quite intelligent enough to know that this orbo junk doesn't really work, and is just willingly conning people out of money.

The 'stuffy arrogant gatekeepers' who have a key role in many 'free energy is being covered up' delusions, and put this stuff down or ignore it, aren't doing so because some oil company slush fund is paying them to prevent the masses getting access to free energy. They do it because they know more about physics and engineering than the average person, having studied them for years, and they know that Steorn are talking rubbish. Like I said, the vast majority won't even make comment on Steorn.

Not because they received some secret memo to cover up Steorn, but because if anybody mentioned it to them, or they stumbled across it on the web, they'd just groan with frustration and mumble something like 'not this crap again. when will people learn?' before moving on to something that isn't a complete waste of their time.

Last edited by foobar; 25-01-2010 at 12:47 AM.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #33
h2pogo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,650
Likes: 1,189 (670 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
Some things to remember :-

i) Perpetual motion that requires no external source doesn't exist. All proposed perpetual motion devices require energy input allegedly 'just to get them started'.

ii) When analysed in depth by people who know what they're doing, The amount of energy put in 'just to start it up' turns out to be more than the device ever outputs. That's exactly what was found to be the case with Steorn's Orbo. It should come as no surprise really. Nobody's going to discover some amazing energy source messing about with some mechanical arrangement of household magnets.

iii) We're now in the final stage where the 'inventors' and a remnant credulous section of the public who just desperately want free energy to exist are now making excuses. This could carry on for years, with most people with any background in hard sciences or engineering paying less and less attention to them. But at no point will they actually create a working generator producing energy they can sell to the national grid at a profit.

The folks at Steorn have come up with an interesting twist on this oft repeated story by offering to sell 'experimental kits'. People will buy them thinking that they're part of some great grass roots free-energy revolution, and democratizing science away from stuffy, arrogant 'gate-keepers'. But in reality, this is actually just a way of making money from people without having to actually generate surplus energy themselves. It's quite likely that Steorn's proprietor is quite intelligent enough to know that this orbo junk doesn't really work, and is just willingly conning people out of money.

The 'stuffy arrogant gatekeepers' who have a key role in many 'free energy is being covered up' delusions, and put this stuff down or ignore it, aren't doing so because some oil company slush fund is paying them to prevent the masses getting access to free energy. They do it because they know more about physics and engineering than the average person, having studied them for years, and they know that Steorn are talking rubbish. Like I said, the vast majority won't even make comment on Steorn.

Not because they received some secret memo to cover up Steorn, but because if anybody mentioned it to them, or they stumbled across it on the web, they'd just groan with frustration and mumble something like 'not this crap again. when will people learn?' before moving on to something that isn't a complete waste of their time.
this is a paradigm tesla was up against..he proved there are laws todo with resonant frequencies that surpassed the laws of thermodynamics..
I hope the next video steorn make will prove you wrong..
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #34
theodoric
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 30
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

E=MCsquared
theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #35
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
this is a paradigm tesla was up against..he proved there are laws todo with resonant frequencies that surpassed the laws of thermodynamics..
No he didn't. He didn't produce any free energy, or claim to do so. He produced a means of wirelessly transmitting energy from a finite source, not a means of creating energy 'for free'.

Quote:
I hope the next video steorn make will prove you wrong..
Don't hold your breath. Would you like to place wager ?

Last edited by foobar; 25-01-2010 at 03:03 PM.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #36
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodoric View Post
E=MCsquared
Are you suggesting that Steorn are converting matter into energy with some low-powered rotating magnets?
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #37
griswald
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,083
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Orbo Technology Update

The Final Demo:
Proving Overunity

Steorn is pleased to announce that the final pre-launch demonstration of its Orbo technology, “Proving Overunity” will take place at 1600 GMT on Saturday January 30th.

Steorn invites you to view the demonstration streamed live at www.steorn.com or attend in person at the Waterways Ireland Visitor Centre, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 4, Ireland.

Directions: http://www.steorn.com/demo/

Description:

Sean McCarthy, CEO of Steorn, will demonstrate and prove that Orbo is an overunity technology.

Who should attend:

Anyone interested in understanding Orbo Technology or taking up an Orbo Technology Developer License.

griswald
__________________
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

Dont ever argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Warning duely received and noted. Thankyou. gris..
griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #38
h2pogo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,650
Likes: 1,189 (670 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
No he didn't. He didn't produce any free energy, or claim to do so. He produced a means of wirelessly transmitting energy from a finite source, not a means of creating energy 'for free'.
It was claimed to be over unity..which is pretty much the same thing..
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #39
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
It was claimed to be over unity..which is pretty much the same thing..
Not by Tesla it wasn't. You've picked this up from a fringe 'free power' website written by people who don't understand basic concepts of electromagnetism.

Something that transmits power by induction is no more an 'overunity' device than any other radio transmitter.

Last edited by foobar; 25-01-2010 at 07:51 PM.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #40
foobar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griswald View Post
griswald
He's already had 22 scientists study it for 2 years to tell him 'no, it doesn't work'. Nobody with half a brain is going to be convinced by a presentation over webcam done using Steorn's equipment.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.