Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 14-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #21
decode reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooey View Post
lol the king is this movie is probably a transgender
According to this article, the LGBTQ aspect has actually been downplayed in the film, much to the irritation of this article's author:

"Marvel Misses Another Easy Opportunity for LGBTQ Representation With Black Panther"

https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-misse...y-w-1822929417
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 08:33 PM   #22
iamawaveofthesea

whats interesting about this movie from jewish hollywood is how it depicts 'afrofuturism' which seems to be centred in africa except the target audience of this movie is probably mostly outside africa

The concept of 'afrofuturism' seems to encourage people to envision a future where the future is black and that would make sense if the target audience were in africa which is predominantly of black ethnicity

however if it is asking a black target audience in a country that is predominatly of white ethnicity to envision a future without white people then that is a little concerning

lets imagine someone made a movie based on what they called 'eurofuturism' that was about a europe of the future that was technologically advanced and without black people

how would that go down?

the point i'm making is that shouldn't equality be about envisioning a future where black people and white people are living together in peace?

So i change my earlier verdict about this movie. Even though it is patriarchal and nationalistic and lacking in diversity if it does indeed seek to imagineer a future without white people then it would score full points on the political correctness scale after all that does seem to be the PC agenda

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 15-02-2018 at 08:43 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #23
decode reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
whats interesting about this movie from jewish hollywood is how it depicts 'afrofuturism' which seems to be centred in africa except the target audience of this movie is probably mostly outside africa

The concept of 'afrofuturism' seems to encourage people to envision a future where the future is black and that would make sense if the target audience were in africa which is predominantly of black ethnicity

however if it is asking a black target audience in a country that is predominatly of white ethnicity to envision a future without white people then that is a little concerning

lets imagine someone made a movie based on what they called 'eurofuturism' that was about a europe of the future that was technologically advanced and without black people

how would that go down?

the point i'm making is that shouldn't equality be about envisioning a future where black people and white people are living together in peace?

So i change my earlier verdict about this movie. Even though it is patriarchal and nationalistic and lacking in diversity if it does indeed seek to imagineer a future without white people then it would score full points on the political correctness scale after all that does seem to be the PC agenda
Here's another way to look at it.

I remember something Vernon Reid from the band Living Colour said in an interview back in 1990. He was saying that he'd always loved science fiction, yet one of the things that disturbed him was that black people are absent in much of sci-fi's depiction of the future. In a sense, 'Eurofuturism' - without explicitly naming it as such - has been the perennial defining image of sci-fi. (Although that began to be changed with Star Trek.)

So this is really what Afrofuturism partly seeks to address. It's been a marginal, underground thing that was started by African American visual artists and authors in the 90s or thereabouts. Quite an artsy, bohemian movement, but it's begun to cross over into popular culture with the likes of Janelle Monae and more recently Beyonce and her sister Solange drawing upon the themes in their work.

It's a term that someone coined that has become quite trendy. It really began with the musician Sun Ra. He didn't call what he was doing 'afrofuturism' but he was dealing with many of these themes back in the 1950s. He was also the first jazz musician to really incorporate electronic instruments. There's a lineage that goes from him to the likes of George Clinton, Earth Wind and Fire and others, so he was hugely influential.

I've yet to see the film but a good friend of mine who's very conscious checked it out yesterday, so I'll get his review. Going by the press previews, what Hollywood is doing here is fictionalising the historical reality that there were advanced societies in ancient Africa prior to European contact, the best-known example being those in north east Africa such as Egypt. Anyone who's studied the ancient history of Africa would home in on that, but I surmise that Hollywood is hinting towards it.
Old 16-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #24
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Here's another way to look at it.

I remember something Vernon Reid from the band Living Colour said in an interview back in 1990. He was saying that he'd always loved science fiction, yet one of the things that disturbed him was that black people are absent in much of sci-fi's depiction of the future. In a sense, 'Eurofuturism' - without explicitly naming it as such - has been the perennial defining image of sci-fi. (Although that began to be changed with Star Trek.)

So this is really what Afrofuturism partly seeks to address. It's been a marginal, underground thing that was started by African American visual artists and authors in the 90s or thereabouts. Quite an artsy, bohemian movement, but it's begun to cross over into popular culture with the likes of Janelle Monae and more recently Beyonce and her sister Solange drawing upon the themes in their work.

It's a term that someone coined that has become quite trendy. It really began with the musician Sun Ra. He didn't call what he was doing 'afrofuturism' but he was dealing with many of these themes back in the 1950s. He was also the first jazz musician to really incorporate electronic instruments. There's a lineage that goes from him to the likes of George Clinton, Earth Wind and Fire and others, so he was hugely influential.

I've yet to see the film but a good friend of mine who's very conscious checked it out yesterday, so I'll get his review. Going by the press previews, what Hollywood is doing here is fictionalising the historical reality that there were advanced societies in ancient Africa prior to European contact, the best-known example being those in north east Africa such as Egypt. Anyone who's studied the ancient history of Africa would home in on that, but I surmise that Hollywood is hinting towards it.
yeah sun ra who said he was an emissary from saturn!

lets keep the bigger picture in mind here and ask ourselves ''why is jewish hollywood promoting the concept of 'afrofuturism' at this time?''

Imagine you weren't a human....imagine you were a martian and you were hovering above earth in your spaceship watching all this with a detached eye and therefore had nothing invested in any of this

You'd begin to discearn patterns and also strategies behind things

Some people with very dull minds might say ''well yes it is all about making money'' but many of us know better then that. That's not to say money isn't a factor but to the people socially engineering society money is not in short supply as they control the money supply. they can print money and have a near bottomless war chest...well for as long as the dollar has value anyway

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 16-02-2018 at 06:03 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #25
decode reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
yeah sun ra who said he was an emissary from saturn!

lets keep the bigger picture in mind here and ask ourselves ''why is jewish hollywood promoting the concept of 'afrofuturism' at this time?''

Imagine you weren't a human....imagine you were a martian and you were hovering above earth in your spaceship watching all this with a detached eye and therefore had nothing invested in any of this

You'd begin to discearn patterns and also strategies behind things

Some people with very dull minds might say ''well yes it is all about making money'' but many of us know better then that. That's not to say money isn't a factor but to the people socially engineering society money is not in short supply as they control the money supply. they can print money and have a near bottomless war chest...well for as long as the dollar has value anyway
I understand Hollywood's precedents for this film aren't good ones. Though based on what I've seen of the media build-up to the film, I honestly can't discern what their motive might be. I'm also open to the possibility that there isn't a darker hidden subtext.

It may be brilliant, it might be a gem that's slipped through the filter. Or it may be a load of rubbish, the same old thing dressed as something else. We'll see.

Last edited by decode reality; 17-02-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 16-02-2018, 08:39 PM   #26
greenhulk40

Rotten tomatoes have scored Black Panther 98% which is a higher score than Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, I'm not a fan of the current Disney Marvel movies and the current DC garbage, does Black Panther deserve a 98% score ?
greenhulk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #27
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhulk40 View Post
Rotten tomatoes have scored Black Panther 98% which is a higher score than Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, I'm not a fan of the current Disney Marvel movies and the current DC garbage, does Black Panther deserve a 98% score ?
98% Political Correctness score