Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
biblegirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,462
Likes: 5 (4 Posts)
Default Vampire Barbie Doll In Wal-Mart

Saw this "Edward" doll in the little girls toy section/ Barbie doll aisle at Wal-Mart:





Twilight: Rated PG-13 for some violence and a scene of sensuality

So why is this toy in the childrens toy section!! It grosses me out when they market crap like this to kids. Do they maybe want little girls role-playing romances between their Barbies and a vampire? Eww.

P.S. All the toys in this pic are messed up. The ones on the right look like creepy alien toys, not cute lil pets. I do like the Zorro doll though .
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
metacomet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,865
Likes: 23 (14 Posts)
Default

That was in the girls barbie doll aisle?! Totally bizarre and wrong. That movie is meant for teenage girls, who don't really play with barbie dolls anymore.

This is alot like 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' dolls for little girls and lots of other bizarre marketing to children of adult stories and movies...

Twilight isn't necessarily 'hardcore' but it shouldn't be for children. I think the boundary of that issue has been progressively pushed in a dark direction for quite a while however... and it's becoming a little too obvious.

This stuff isn't for little girls:



Or is it?


And so the line is blurred.
metacomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
metacomet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,865
Likes: 23 (14 Posts)
Default

These were vampire dolls released for 'buffy the vampire slayer'... a movie that had a ton of blood and violence. They don't seem so much like toys as strange figurines... kind of drab like the Edward doll (who looks as exciting as a math teacher doll).









metacomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
christ4life
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 17 (9 Posts)
Default

These dolls are creepy I can see why my daughter never liked dolls. The big head small bodies on these dolls are made so kids will feel comfortable when the alien/demons show up.
christ4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
metacomet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,865
Likes: 23 (14 Posts)
Default

Even more toys from the adult/teenage series...

Teenagers don't play with toys... so why are these even made? Because they want children to watch this movie.





metacomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
biblegirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,462
Likes: 5 (4 Posts)
Default

wow thanks for posting those metacomet, those are just wrong eww

also i noticed how with the "edward and bella" set, her neck is conspicuously exposed while he looks like an evil killer...what a lovely couple they make

Last edited by biblegirl; 28-01-2010 at 09:06 PM.
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
connection
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 842
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Smile

That picture from the movie was actually of Edward saving Bella's life, and he's not an evil character.

The dolls look like the actors/actresses, not the characters. The books are different to the films and not that violent.

Oh and Alice is Edward's sister... they're not a couple. And they're from rare coven who DON'T suck the blood of humans.

Of course, the horrific element of the general themes of Twilight aimed at children is wrong and should not have been a product such as a doll for young children.

Also - the Littlest Pet Shop products are big-headed, big-eyed and looking like that for a reason! It's to mimic the 'baby' and 'vulnerable' look to attract kids and reach out to their maternal feelings.

Aliens aren't cute!

Last edited by connection; 28-01-2010 at 09:06 PM.
connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
biblegirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,462
Likes: 5 (4 Posts)
Default

oops i just edited it, i was talking about the edward and bella set

connection, i have seen the movie, but i think the suggestion that a romance with a vampire who craves your blood and struggles to keep from killing you, is disturbing at the very least
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #9
biblegirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,462
Likes: 5 (4 Posts)
Default a commentary on the twilight sequel "new moon"

i thought this was a very good commentary on the motives behind these movies:

this from "Breakpoint":

Quote:


Flirting with Danger
New Moon

December 11, 2009

You may remember that last year, Mark Earley on BreakPoint reviewed the film Twilight, which was all the rage. Now there’s a Twilight sequel, which is drawing millions to the box office.

I can’t tell you to just go back and read that earlier review because New Moon, the second entry in the series, has a brand-new set of disturbing and possibly even dangerous messages for young girls.

If the story in Twilight was a textbook case of an unhealthy relationship, New Moon is a study in how not to break up. At the beginning, the vampire Edward leaves town with his family, leaving behind his teenage girlfriend, Bella, for her own protection.

Bella responds by going nearly catatonic for three months, withdrawing from family, friends, and classmates. From there, she goes steadily downhill.

Bella discovers that every time she does something dangerous, she has a vision of Edward scolding her. So she proceeds to go for a motorcycle ride with a biker she meets on the street. She tries driving a motorcycle herself with no instruction, thus resulting in a bad accident. And finally, she nearly drowns herself while cliff jumping in a lonely spot.

Do I even need to point out what’s wrong with this picture?

In fact, both Bella and Edward show an appalling disregard for their own lives, not to mention for the way their actions might affect others. Edward romanticizes the idea of suicide, repeatedly stating his determination to kill himself if anything bad ever happens to Bella, and telling her, “You’re my only reason to stay alive.”

Bella herself has an abnormal fear of aging, longing to remain eternally young like Edward. She’s so afraid of growing old that she panics on her 18th birthday. And she doesn’t care that becoming a vampire might deprive her of her own soul; instead, she tells Edward, “Take it, I don’t want it.”

My colleague Molly Wyer has written an excellent study guide on Twilight, which you can find at BreakPoint.org. She writes that “even though Bella knows that Edward is...constantly tempted to drink her blood, she does not pull back from the danger. Instead, this terrifying possibility seems almost to add an edge of excitement and danger to their relationship. While Edward’s vampiric attraction to blood is clearly wrong...Bella wants to become a vampire as well. She longs for what is forbidden.”

Yet another troubling aspect of the story centers on Jacob, a rival for Bella’s affections. New Moon reveals that Jacob is a werewolf, meaning that, just like Edward, he could seriously endanger Bella if he ever lost control of himself for a moment.

Essentially, this means Bella has to spend her life walking on eggshells around both of her romantic interests, not daring to make either one of them upset.

Do we really want to be presenting what looks like a classic abuse victim as a role model for young girls?

If your kids are at even remotely interested in the Twilight craze, or if they read about it or get involved with their friends, you need to sit them down and talk to them about some of these issues. Teenagers swept off their feet by New Moon need to know that in real life, danger isn’t romantic or glamorous.

It’s just plain dangerous.
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
connection
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 842
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I know the theme is disturbing, but you'd have to read the books to see my angle. She loves Edward and he loves her, a connection that's deeper than the normal boy-meets-girl...

She is with her best friend Jacob on the motorbike, which is much less sinister and disturbing, Bella wouldn't go as far as being with a stranger to get the hallucination of Edward's voice in her mind.

She also wants to be a vampire so that she can be with Edward forever, they are like soulmates, and she is in no way forced to love Edward and continues out of choice, he keeps trying to pull away for her own sake.

He controls his craving for blood around Bella, even though she, later in the saga, is described as his 'singer', meaning her blood 'sings' for him, but because he loves her so, and they ARE soulmates and he would never hurt her, he controls it and then has no craving what-so-ever. Edward says himself: 'It's just mind over matter'.

Last edited by connection; 28-01-2010 at 09:50 PM.
connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
sheep_o_lata
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Kryp Kiddies

I think those Twilight dolls are mild compared to this lot :

http://www.kryptkiddies.com/

Bloody awful!




People create whole "families" with those!
sheep_o_lata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
biblegirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,462
Likes: 5 (4 Posts)
Default

what...the....crap...
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #13
metacomet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,865
Likes: 23 (14 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by connection View Post
I know the theme is disturbing, but you'd have to read the books to see my angle.
Nooo.... we'd have to read the book and fall in love with it and become a fan to see it from your angle.

We already know the angle of the book. Girl loves vampire even though he must fight the urge to steal her soul and bite her... Vampire loves girl, so he bites her to save her from blah blah blah.

Quote:
She loves Edward and he loves her, a connection that's deeper than the normal boy-meets-girl...
That's really not deeper than any real love... the reason you say that is because you (like many people) are easily persuaded by novelty. If a relationship seems novel, or neat, or somehow different - it is suddenly 'more real' than any other love.

Being in love with a bad boy, someone who is dangerous (like werewolves or vampires) is the novelty angle played by this series, and female fans gobble it up!

This is the same culture that is breeding so many tools in the male sex... so many of us are wearing black, getting tattoos, piercings, and generally doing whatever we can to seem dark and edgy so that you females will think we are cool or dangerous. That's really all the 'Twilight' series is... girls falling in love with bad boys.

It's actually insulting to those of who were literally 'bad boys' growing up, because there really is no such reward for going your own way.

In any case, that is all something worth debating in a 'Twilight' thread maybe...
metacomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #14
connection
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 842
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacomet View Post
Nooo.... we'd have to read the book and fall in love with it and become a fan to see it from your angle.

We already know the angle of the book. Girl loves vampire even though he must fight the urge to steal her soul and bite her... Vampire loves girl, so he bites her to save her.
You wouldn't have to become a fan to see my angle, actually. Why don't you read the books and see what I mean?

Edward is the prime example of a person fighting against their demons, and he's taking control of his vampire desires for blood. Bella doesn't find that exciting, but she is unperturbed by it because he is her soulmate. Stephenie makes it clear Bella was never a normal human anyway.He doesn't bite her to save her from himself, he wanted more than anything for Bella to remain human! But he wants her to be happy, no matter what her choice.


Quote:
That's really not deeper than any real love... the reason you say that is because you (like many people) are easily persuaded by novelty. If a relationship seems novel, or neat, or somehow different - it is suddenly 'more real' than any other love.
No, my own opinion of Bella & Edward is that they are soulmates, and therefore that is deeper than 'any real love', depending on what you mean by real love. I'm not persuaded by novelty, and you don't know all of my opinions, so don't assume anything can suck me in, this is ONE topic I'm discussing.

I'm not denying that vampirism is a horrific theme, but in this case they aren't violent.

Quote:
Being in love with a bad boy, someone who is dangerous (like werewolves or vampires) is the novelty angle played by this series, and female fans gobble it up!
Generalisations with 'female fans', but the saga is aimed at teens and describes the characters perfectly, so of course it would attract female attention, like anything else! Males get all the same images yet do we blink an eyelid? No.

And it's not about being with a bad boy, it's about being your soulmate, no matter if they are battling with their demons, which Edward does extremely well, despite all the odds. The Cullens (Edward's vampire family) DID NOT choose to be vampires. Edward was a dying human baby and his dying mother's last wish was for Carlisle to do anything in his power to keep him alive. It was death or immortality. The Cullens have never wanted to hunt humans or kill, and call themselves 'vegetarians' as their little joke as to eating only animal meat, of which humans do all the time!

Quote:
This is the same culture that is breeding so many tools in the male sex... so many of us are wearing black, getting tattoos, piercings, and generally doing whatever we can to seem dark and edgy so that you females will think we are cool or dangerous. That's really all the 'Twilight' series is... girls falling in love with bad boys.
Well that's your opinion. You've probably not seen the films or read the books and taking that information from secondary sources. Why don't you find out yourself?

And those things listed can be out of choice, not always to get the look you mean. And it's not about females finding the dark side attractive! It's about how the characters are described.

Quote:
It's actually insulting to those of who were literally 'bad boys' growing up, because there really is no such reward for going your own way.
Not at all. They aren't bad boys. The whole point of Twilight is that they are fighting to NOT be bad boys! They did not choose any of this.

Quote:
In any case, that is all something worth debating in a 'Twilight' thread maybe...
Sure, if you want to continue arguing on the basis of other people's reviews and not find out for yourself, I might just go and start a Twilight thread. Enjoy yourself, okay?

Last edited by connection; 29-01-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: oh and by the waaaay, the mentioned thread is in General. Knock urself out
connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #15
agruvchic
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 88
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

The baseline story of Bella and Edward plays up the idea that their love is special and above normal love. Think for a second from the vantage point of the target demographic for these books...teens. Even without this series, teens "fall in love" and think that their latest boyfriend or girlfriend is the love of their lives and that their love transcends everything else. This series plays up on that thought and takes it WAY into a realm beyond what is rational, normal and logical. The fact is...these are fictional characters, a fictional story and an unrealistic view of love.

To be caught up and captured by the lore of this story, really means that you have lost control of yourself. This is the same idea of crying over the movie Wall-E. Not real, not based on reality and emotion projected onto the character as if they are real. They books and especially the movies, portray Bella and Edward as the vampire version of real life teen issues. Their characters are revered and emulated by teens (and some adults) as if their love and their relationship is something to seek to attain. They are cultural role models being presented to this demographic for the purposes of shaping a cultural norm and it doesn't matter how one spins it...they are glorifying death, the Romeo and Juliet story...only death is not the end, in this case.

This series wraps an unrealistic love story around demonic reality. It's the reworking of negative subtext within an emotional evoking storyline. I cannot tell you how many people, young and old that say that they want a guy like Edward or Jacob or want to be like Bella. The hook is the first two books/movies....The dark and demonic stuff comes in on the last two...and seeing how the market has become SOOOO large for these films, books and characters, everyone has already been sold the love story and will accept the nefarious conclusions of the latter two as a result.

This is NO different than all the pop stars hitting the scene as bubble-gum "innocent" and later flip the script, quite literally into dark, occultist and demonic content after they have built the fan base and marketed THAT to the audience. It's all part of the death cult and to see it any differently is to view it through the veil of illusion that was sold to you by intention.

To say that Bella and Edward are soulmates is oxymoronic at best. Not really sure that vampires, in their mythos has a soul. I could totally be wrong, but...again, I will say...Edward and Wall-E possess the same "soul animation."
agruvchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #16
betha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 124
Likes: 13 (11 Posts)
Default

If we discuss the twilight saga we can research from many angles, from literature, the movie and above all the effect, the result and it is called propaganda, which does not mean necessarily some conspiracy theories, but it is very sick to see all these teenagers who love the FICTION, and it seems that many people lately are escaping their " reality ".

Betha
betha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #17
burial
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hell (usa)
Posts: 428
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Some teens, and adults, play with/collect toys...its not shocking.

If you have a problem with where the toy is then complain to the store.
__________________
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
burial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #18
amercury
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: coastal plain
Posts: 860
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agruvchic View Post
The fact is...these are fictional characters, a fictional story and an unrealistic view of love.
Their characters are revered and emulated by teens (and some adults) as if their love and their relationship is something to seek to attain. They are cultural role models being presented to this demographic for the purposes of shaping a cultural norm
It's all part of the death cult and to see it any differently is to view it through the veil of illusion that was sold to you by intention.

Well put agruvchc. This is the truth that really bothers me about the Twilight series.

This hype is targted toward tweens and teens, yet adults are falling for it and the hype also trickles down to really young children. (hence the edward doll next to young childrens toys)

The woman who wrote this crap has just ruined millions of young girls around the world....they have fallen for it and no man will ever measure up to Edward!
amercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #19
amercury
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: coastal plain
Posts: 860
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheep_o_lata View Post
I think those Twilight dolls are mild compared to this lot :

http://www.kryptkiddies.com/

Bloody awful!




People create whole "families" with those!
Oh that is so wrong
amercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #20
brainfreeze
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In Love
Posts: 3,941
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheep_o_lata View Post
I think those Twilight dolls are mild compared to this lot :

http://www.kryptkiddies.com/

Bloody awful!




People create whole "families" with those!
I don't know why, maybe I am mind controlled or something, but these dolls made me laugh. I doubt any parent in their right minds would buy them for their child, they gave me a giggle. I'd use them at Halloween.
brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
barbie, sick and twisted, toy, twilight, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.