Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies / Satanic Cults / Occult Secrets

Old 07-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
i agree with that, but i was speaking historically, but in current context, yes, i'd very much agree

i was under the impression that initaiate mason's are asked 'To who do you put your trust in' - and that the appropriate answer is 'i put my trust in God' - is that not a maxim of joining the masonic order?
You do have to believe in God but there is no requirement for that to be jesus, Jehovah, or Allah. A person could believe in Krishna and it would be OK. In this respect trying to tie them down with dogmatic questions about christianity is quite wrong
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #22
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyking View Post
You might enjoy this read:
Already aware of what material he used, I have read many of his books!!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #23
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Abrahamic religions

The three religions have been intertwined throughout their histories. They are considered inextricably linked to one another because of a 'family likeness' and a certain commonality in theology: all three claim to be monotheistic (although both Judaism and Islam doubt Christianity's right to this description), and conceive God to be a transcendent Creator-figure and the source of moral law. They are faiths that recognize a spiritual tradition identified with Abraham. The sacred narratives of all three of these religions feature many of the same figures, histories and places in each, although they often present them with different roles, perspectives and meanings.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nSymbolAbr.PNG
Symbols of the Abrahamic religions: Judaism represented by the Star of David (top), Christianity represented by the Cross (left), and Islam represented by the Arabic calligraphy of God's Name (Allah) (right).

All the major Abrahamic religions claim a direct lineage to Abraham.

* Abraham is recorded in the Torah as the ancestor of the Israelites through his son Isaac, born to Sarah through a promise made in Genesis.[Gen. 17:16] All variants of Judaism through the early twentieth century (prophetic, rabbinic, reform, and conservative) were founded by Israelite descendants.
* Christianity is sourced from Christ, known to be Jewish, and therefore making the same ancestry claim as above.
* Muslims have a tradition that Muhammed, as a Mecca-region Arab, descends from Abraham's son Ishmael.

Other terms sometimes used include Abrahamic faiths, Abrahamic traditions, religions of Abraham, Abrahamic monotheistic religions, semitic religions, Semitic monotheistic religions, and Semitic one god religions.

However, the term 'Abrahamic faiths,' while helpful, is also misleading. It conveys an unspecified historical and theological commonality that is problematic on closer examination. While there is commonality among the religions, in large measure their shared ancestry is peripheral to their respective foundational beliefs and thus eclipse crucial differences. For example, the core Christian beliefs of Incarnation, Trinity, and Jesus' Resurrection are categorically denied by Judaism and Islam (see for example Islamic view of Jesus' death.) There are key beliefs in both Islam and Judaism that are not shared by Christianity, and so on.
Some people believe the origin of their monotheism is in the Egyptian worship of Aten. It is a known fact that many hyms to Aten parallel biblical texts
Old 07-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #24
dreampower

Hello lightgiver.

Do you mind if I ask you a question?

Do you think you are wiser than the 'majority' due to the fact that you have read some books or watched videos that have contained information that is not etched within the mentality of those whom have not read/watched the same books/videos as yourself?

If so, why?

If not so, why?

Last edited by dreampower; 07-11-2010 at 07:14 PM.
dreampower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #25
lightgiver

Default Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampower View Post
Hello lightgiver.

Do you think you are wiser than the 'majority' due to the fact that you have read some books or watched videos that have contained information that is not etched within the mentality of those whom have not read/watched the same books/videos as yourself?

If so, why?

If not so, why?
What makes you think that I think that I am wiser than others?
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #26
dreampower

I never actually made a statement which implied that you are wiser than the majority. I asked you a question based upon logic which you appear to have misunderstood, for whatever reason that maybe.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #27
lightgiver

Default wiser than the majority

Quote:
I never actually made a statement which implied that you are wiser than the majority. I asked you a question based upon logic which you appear to have misunderstood, for whatever reason that maybe.
why then ask the question in the first place.

Quote:
Hello lightgiver.

Last edited by lightgiver; 07-11-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #28
dreampower

I ask the question in the first place due to my purpose for posting on this forum, which is to provide 'food for thought' for those who take a passing interest into all topics which we could be appropriately define as 'unclear'.

If you would answer the question that would be most helpful.

Last edited by dreampower; 07-11-2010 at 07:44 PM.
dreampower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #29
lightgiver

Default Question

Quote:
I ask the question in the first place due to my purpose for posting on this forum, which is to provide 'food for thought' for those who take a passing interest into all topics which we could be appropriately define as 'unclear'.

If you would answer the question that would be most helpful.
Maybe you need to re phrase the question.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #30
dreampower

Well, I could quite easily answer the question I proposed, why carn't you?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #31
decim

The space between the pillars...the third pillar...Light..

Quote:
Consider that the Enochian lineage based their faith and 'rule' on the concepts of two pillars being united under God, as depicted in the trilathon imagery:

The spiritual leader and the divine leader existing as equals under God: so that the structure of faith was a consideration of the voice of Divinity and the voice of the people joined together by God.

Jesus took on both pillars.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #32
lightgiver

Default Egyptian/Biblical Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Some people believe the origin of their monotheism is in the Egyptian worship of Aten. It is a known fact that many hyms to Aten parallel biblical texts
Indeed,

"Hymn to the Seven Hathor"

Music in the Age of the Pyramids represents the first attempt at a reconstruction of the music of Ancient Egypt.
In collaboration with Syra Bonet, musicologist Rafael Perez Arroyo has just released the first fruit of many years of research into the music of Ancient Egypt.
The result is this spectacular entitled Music in the Age of Pyramids, performed by Arroyo's Hathor Ensemble. Realization of the music by Arroyo was based on study of the metric structure of hymns which survive in writing, discussion of music theory from heiroglyphics, sonic descriptions by ancient authors, and iconography. Arroyo has also made an effort at decoding a partial chironomy (hand gestures, the same source claimed for Biblical music), and discovered three basic modes for Ancient Egyptian music.

Carnatic music is considered one of the oldest systems of music in the world. Carnatic music is a very complex system of music that requires much thought, both artistically and technically. The basis of Carnatic music is the system of ragas (melodic scales) and talas (rhythmic cycles). There are seven rhythmic cycles and 72 fundamental ragas. All other ragas are considered to have originated from these. An elaborate pattern exists for identifying these scales, known as the 72 Melakarta Ragas.

The basic idea behind indian music compositions has been to see and seek the ultimate brahman or God. In fact, it has been told in Hindu scriptures that the easiest and best way to attain salvation is to sing the greatness of the Divine power. In Hindu scriptures, music and God have always been depicted together. Many deities have their own musical instruments and are all portrayed as lovers of music. Lord Siva or rudra is the embodiment of Nada (cosmic music) which is the first form of music.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #33
lizzyking

Quote:
But which Jesus? Jesus the Son of God / spiritual leader, or Jesus the son of Mary the Divine provenance to the throne?

Or JC? http://www.carotta.de/subseite/texte/esumma.html

Quote:
Controversy with the Herodians, 22:15-22

The Pharisees, after taking counsel, decided they would send some of their number, accompanied by the Herodians, to attempt another encounter with Jesus (Mk 12:13-17; Lk 20:20-26). The Herodians, a political party who supported the dynasty of Herod, probably cut across the religious lines of both the Pharisees and the Sadducees. They came to Him with the subtle strategy, “Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men” (Mt 22:16). All of this, of course, was double-talk, as they did not really believe in Jesus.

The Herodians, having paved the way in a manner that they regarded as disarming Christ, then said, “Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?” (v. 17). As political experts, the Herodians thought that they had Jesus on the horns of a dilemma. If He said it was lawful to give tribute to Caesar, He could be accused of siding with the Romans as opposed to the Jews. If He denied that it was right to give tribute to Caesar, then He could be accused of rebellion against Roman law.

In this encounter, as in all others, Jesus easily handled the problem. The tax they were referring to was the poll tax, a small tax levied on women aged twelve to sixty-five and men aged fourteen to sixty-five. It was a relatively small tax, as the Romans also exacted a ten-percent tax on grain and a twenty-percent tax on wine and fruit, as well as other taxes for road and bridge improvements. The Pharisees had chosen the least of the taxes, but to pay it was to recognize Roman oppression, which was most unpopular with the Jews.

Jesus easily saw through their hypocrisy and said to them, “Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?” Jesus asked them to bring Him a piece of money suitable for tribute, and they brought Him a penny, or a Roman denarius, worth about sixteen cents. He then asked, “Whose is this image and superscription?” The answer was obvious, and they said, “Caesar’s.” Jesus then gave them an answer, “Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.” As they heard His answer, they marveled at the adroit way in which He had solved their problem, and they had nothing more to say. If they used Roman coins, then they were subject to Roman tax. The Herodians went away defeated in their intent to compromise Jesus on this issue.
lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #34
lizzyking

lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #35
dreampower

Apologies lightgiver... upon review my question was quite pointless, it always tends to happen after two bottles of wine.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #36
lightgiver

Default Starry Starry Night

Quote:
Apologies lightgiver... upon review my question was quite pointless, it always tends to happen after two bottles of wine.
Did you mix white with red

Old 12-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #37
lightgiver

Default Masonic Messiah

Interesting link below,no doubt some of you have read but for those who have not,what do you think?

"Behold the object, the end, the result, of the great speculation and logomachies of antiquity; the ultimate annihilation of evil, and restoration of Man to his first estate, by a Redeemer, a Masayah, a Christos, the incarnate Word, Reason, or Power of Diety." General Albert Pike, the Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite (1859-91)

Freemasonry is a modern expression of an ancient religion commonly called Gnosticism that, in essence, is a form of the ancient religion of Illuminism called Luciferianism.

Thus, we find in Freemasonic literature and ritual an oft repeated claim that "Jesus was a Freemason."

http://www.overlordsofchaos.com/html...he_masoni.html
Old 13-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #38
kadosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Thus, we find in Freemasonic literature and ritual an oft repeated claim that "Jesus was a Freemason."
Really! Please provide a reputable list that contain that claim.
kadosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #39
psquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadosh View Post
Really! Please provide a reputable list that contain that claim.
YouTube video to follow.
psquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #40
sofa king

Quote:

i was under the impression that initaiate mason's are asked 'To who do you put your trust in' - and that the appropriate answer is 'i put my trust in God' - is that not a maxim of joining the masonic order?

Let me put a caveat on this. There are different types of rituals in masonry. Which means that in some jurisdictions 90% of the ritual is the same as another, but the wording is a little different. In the "Emulation" ritual, which is practiced in many jurisdictions of North America the question you quote in your post is indeed asked and with the exact words you used.

There are some other jurisdictions that use different flavour of ritual where this is asked, but in different terms that I am not 100% familiar with (so I can't provide that)
sofa king is offline   Reply With Quote