Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 18-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #81
jondoeuk
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eibsnews View Post
I currently live out in the sticks and although its quite unlikely that anyone will come this way in a SHTF situation, I'am still quite concerned about possible break ins.

A cottage half a mile away from us got broken into the other year and things were taken from downstairs whilst the older couple were still upstairs in the house. This makes me a bit concerned for our safety, especially for my missus as she is only tiny.

Anyway, I was considering buying a half decent crossbow with some hunting tips. If that doesn't have the desired visible deterrent then it sure as hell has the stopping power. I would actually rather be shot with a 9mm than a 300Ib crossbow at short range with hunting tips.

Other than that, all jokes aside, I was actually thinking of getting a spear. I know it sounds retarded but if someone has a knife you want to keep them as far away from you as possible. A spear can do that well, and if you want the offensive you can even throw the thing if need be.
The best way to stop this is using an alarm wired to the police/security company, CCTV, flood lights and strong shutters covering all windows and doors. Also adding a good torch and laser dot to a crossbow is always a good thing too. You can also get torches which are blinding, some are over 10 million candle power
jondoeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #82
mr insane

I personally carry around a pocket sized pepper spray, concealed so no one will give you any bother for it, and it will surprise the attacker. I live in the uk, and they are illegal over here but I don't give a crap, its either me or the scum.
mr insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:11 AM   #83
motleyhoo

I don't know how you guys do it and not go insane. I have a carry and conceal permit, a S&W M&P 9mm, and an AR-15. If the govt suddenly passed a law to take these away and make them illegal I would feel almost helpless.

Otherwise, I think the best defense would be to learn a basic self-defense system like the US Marines fighting skillset. And maybe carry around something that can up your impact, like a roll of coins to make a fist around, and one of those telescoping clubs. The thing is tho, you have to constantly practice and use visualization to keep your skills sharp.

What do you do tho when you start to get old and slow?

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #84
stickwhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by motleyhoo View Post

What do you do tho when you start to get old and slow?

Cheat!
I mean use experience!
Walking cane/stick - in hand item, ready to go,
goes anywhere in plain sight.

Become more aware of what is going on around you,
avoiding what your body cannot deal with anymore
eg running 100 yards in 12 seconds is no longer an option.

Back to cheating.
Small items in pockets that weigh eg 8oz minimum and
sound like a card game name.
Lead fishing weights on a wire always being left in pockets
by accident whilst just popping down to the shops:
"Sorry ... I forgot it was there officer/son/whatever strokes their ego." Disarming smile

Judged by 12 -v- carried by 6.
What are the percentage chances of being stopped
and searched (awareness of situation) -v- using that item
to defend yourself?
Remember: When seconds count - the police are only minutes away!

Besides I like the adage.
"If ever I get in a fair fight, it means that I've seriously
underestimated the opposition!"
Why get out of your car to argue with somebody?
After all it weighs a lot more than they do,
and a careless driving charge is a small change fine
and doesn't physically hurt to apply - "Sorry about that,
foot slipped on wet pedal" ... " Yes, yes, I just needed to check
it wouldn't hurt you more to drive it off you - wouldn't want to
aggravate any injuries by moving it. Should we wait for an ambulance to
attend anyway?"

What ever works for you using your experiences/knowledge of life.
Did I mention cheating?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #85
tekamin

i live in the philippines in a ghetto like area with a lot of addicts, prostitutes and so on.
i was in the favelas in rio de janero.
i never had any kind of problems. when, then only little ones. word fights.
having a weapon ready in my pocket, a sticky umbrella or a knive or stones to throw...law of attraction i can just say.

still, as my grandfather said, better once be a coward than a lifetime dead.
be cool, everybody be cool. learn to cool other people down in a kind of nlp way so that they dont really get it first but trick them mentally. do something funny, or run, or pretend you got ebola cause you just retourned from zimbabwe and cough cough cough
tekamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #86
killswithchengage
Inactive

Been into 'self preservation' for many years now, always felt I needed an 'equalizer' as most thugs dont go round on their own and are rarely unarmed.

Kubotans are quite good and legal - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ku...Q&ved=0CCsQsAQ

I've recently made my own weapon, a 'hands free' knife, by this I mean a knife that has a skeltonized handle which I can put two fingers through, this compliments my Aikido and Judo..so I can do chokes, locks and throws while having a small blade at hand.

Also helps with my environmental work - climbing trees to cut out plastic bags lol.

Stay safe

Last edited by killswithchengage; 05-11-2014 at 02:27 PM.
killswithchengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #87
maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhammer View Post
No good if the lighter fails
It worked for the guy who burnt the poppy seller!

Wasn't you - was it?

Last edited by maxine; 05-11-2014 at 05:15 PM.
maxine is offline   Reply With Quote