Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing

Old 22-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
wehrmacht

Default The word "consume"

I watched the movie "They Live" and read various accounts of subliminal reports and all say that "consume" is sort of brainwashing word. Suddenly I noticed something really interesting, I am from Croatia, and the largest supermarket chain here is called "KONZUM" (Croatian version of the word "consume"), so you can see their logo and that word everywhere (on TV commercials, billboards and offcourse on hundreds of stores, their products etc). Their logo is red so it can't go unnoticed and in some cases it is white on red background, again it is very striking. I find this very interesting, because it is not even subliminal but blatantly put before us every single day of our lives

Here are the examples of logo on their stores:

More about the store chain you can find here:

And about its owner (one of the richest people in Croatia):

Last edited by wehrmacht; 22-09-2011 at 10:13 AM.
wehrmacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
steppenwolf
Inactive

Location: In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines

I find it interesting. Especially some of the definitions for the word "consume"- which do vary depending on the source.

con·sume   [kuhn-soom] Show IPA verb, -sumed, -sum·ing.
verb (used with object)
to destroy or expend by use; use up.
to eat or drink up; devour.
to destroy, as by decomposition or burning: Fire consumed the forest.
to spend (money, time, etc.) wastefully.
to absorb; engross: consumed with curiosity.

It seems that consumption helps keep the vicious cycle going. Work, work, work- Buy, buy, buy.
People are consumed with meaningless "stuff", celebrities, media, and all sorts of bullshit that does not enrich one's life. I guess it's all part of the programming which I know I've fallen victim to in my own life- so I'm not pointing fingers!

The logo is pretty "In-your-face", almost reminds me of something that would be in a satire. Sort of like the drug store in Natural Born Killers.

I mean, it's different but hopefully you get what I'm saying(very few people ever do).
The logo you posted is so bold, it's like an order. CONSUME! YOU STUPID HUMANS! THAT'S YOUR PURPOSE!
steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
driscol

Does seem pretty obvious. Seems different symbols and subliminals are used for different products. A store linked to "consume" makes perfect sense.
It's a word more effective than "eat" or "buy" at least for me. It conjures images of fulfillment through feeding or buying. Taking in as much as possible. Pleasure through complacency.

EDIT: A bit off topic but I think it's kind of funny I was writing a fictional story involving a drug sold in stores called "cunsoom" that turns people into gluttons and makes repetitive crap on tv fascinating. Find this just a few days after writing that portion of it XP

Last edited by driscol; 22-09-2011 at 07:46 PM.
driscol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
steppenwolf
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by driscol View Post
Does seem pretty obvious. Seems different symbols and subliminals are used for different products. A store linked to "consume" makes perfect sense.
It's a word more effective than "eat" or "buy" at least for me. It conjures images of fulfillment through feeding or buying. Taking in as much as possible. Pleasure through complacency.

EDIT: A bit off topic but I think it's kind of funny I was writing a fictional story involving a drug sold in stores called "cunsoom" that turns people into gluttons and makes repetitive crap on tv fascinating. Find this just a few days after writing that portion of it XP

I like your story idea. Are you sure it's fiction?
Old 24-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
phemohilia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppenwolf View Post
The logo is pretty "In-your-face", almost reminds me of something that would be in a satire. Sort of like the drug store in Natural Born Killers.

Bahhahahahaa, that's EXACTLY what I thought when I first saw the picture, that's hilarious!! The pics below are from when they were in the drug store looking for anti-venom.

phemohilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
phemohilia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht View Post
Here are the examples of logo on their stores:

Quote:
Red

Red can symbolize many things; from blood, to love, to infatuation. Basically red symbolizes strong emotions, or things of strong emotions rather than intellectual ideas. For example, red can symbolize excitement, energy, speed, strength, danger, passion, and aggression.

According to Henry Dreyfus, it is popularly felt that red, the color of blood and fire, represents life and vitality. Red also signifies the color of the sun: a symbol of energy, radiating its vitalizing life-force into human beings. Red is also looked upon as a sensual color, and can be associated with man's most profound urges and impulses. Ironically, red cats symbolize bad luck.

http://www.three-musketeers.net/mike/colors.html

Hmmm.... Looks like somebody wants people to feel all jacked-up and in a frenzy when they do their impulse-shopping/buying!! And don't get me started on the food/sex associations implied here....
Old 24-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
steppenwolf
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by phemohilia View Post
http://www.three-musketeers.net/mike/colors.html

Hmmm.... Looks like somebody wants people to feel all jacked-up and in a frenzy when they do their impulse-shopping/buying!! And don't get me started on the food/sex associations implied here....
Good point & I like the link on the colors.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of the fact that they were looking for antivenom in NBK!
Old 24-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
phemohilia
Banned

Quote:
Good point & I like the link on the colors.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of the fact that they were looking for antivenom in NBK!
Aside from the gratuitous violence, which was almost cartoonish in frequency & severity, there are some good "messages" in that flick, at least in the scene where they visit the Navajo healer played by Russell Means.
Old 24-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
steppenwolf
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Aside from the gratuitous violence, which was almost cartoonish in frequency & severity, there are some good "messages" in that flick, at least in the scene where they visit the Navajo healer played by Russell Means.

I always loved that story! It's a good lesson.
Old 25-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #10
driscol

Quote:
I like your story idea. Are you sure it's fiction?
I write the reality I perceive, experience, and theorize. If it is true, great. If I am just a nut, then nobody can call me on it because it's labeled fiction.

I don't know that reptiles have a direct line to the dream world and that everything on television is touched and tweaked by a devilish entity, but I honestly believe it more and more every day.

Of course, bottom line it is fiction because the main character is a metaphor and creation of the mind, an avatar for the spectator to see the world through. I can send you a copy of it when I finish an act if you want.

The basic idea is reality IMO. Our idea of "civilized" world is the control of humans by getting them addicted. Addicted to power in the form of money, good feelings in the form of drugs (in all forms) and of our morality and ideas through television.
Old 25-09-2011, 01:22 AM   #11
driscol

Quote:
I can see what people mean but I almost found it to be a realistic portrayal of perception.
Yes nobody ever gets into a violent fight or shootout that is this stylized and nutty but to the person inflicting the violence it will often look something like this. I have never killed someone but I have been in enough very emotional, violent, and rage driven fights to know how strange it can get. Colors get exaggerated. People talk about seeing red but it never was like that for me. My world usually became "bluish" when I understood one very level of myself that I was about to be in a fight. During the fight every color appears very vivid, as if everything with color is projecting light, and all the colors almost become baseline. Light green or dark green are now just vibrant green and dark red or light red is just red.
The fight itself is never as I experience it. Everything is just exaggerated for some reason, like a waking dream. I remember in one I was punching a guy in the face and I swear I saw layers of flesh being torn out of him with no blood, as if he was filled with skin. It all seemed natural at the time but afterwords I was worried I really messed him up and I saw him. He didn't have a visible mark of any kind, I didn't even break his skin just kind of bruised him. I guess the mind fills in the blanks when things get crazy.

Just my experience, maybe other people have a different perception of the thing. Personally I think the idea to make the violence unrealistic almost makes it realistic if you want the spectator to view the movie from the eyes of the killers.

Last edited by driscol; 25-09-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 28-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
steppenwolf
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by driscol View Post
I write the reality I perceive, experience, and theorize. If it is true, great. If I am just a nut, then nobody can call me on it because it's labeled fiction.

I don't know that reptiles have a direct line to the dream world and that everything on television is touched and tweaked by a devilish entity, but I honestly believe it more and more every day.

Of course, bottom line it is fiction because the main character is a metaphor and creation of the mind, an avatar for the spectator to see the world through. I can send you a copy of it when I finish an act if you want.

The basic idea is reality IMO. Our idea of "civilized" world is the control of humans by getting them addicted. Addicted to power in the form of money, good feelings in the form of drugs (in all forms) and of our morality and ideas through television.

Cool concept! I'd love to hear more!
Old 17-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #13
driscol

Quote:
Cool concept! I'd love to hear more!
Thanks, I'll send you a copy of it when I get a good portion finished