Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient & Forbidden Knowledge / False History

Old 17-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
lupa

Default ancient earth work mounds

i walk my dog regularly over some land across the road from where i live and recently i found out what these mounds were. they are pre historic earth work mounds although some historians believe them to be from around the time of the knights Templars where they comprise the remains of a Preceptory monastery house.

if they are pre-historic or from the time of the Templars, would that be the site of a ley line? really interested in finding out if anyone can help with this subject?

it's quite a lovely area although further down one of the tracks there is a small copse of trees which looks very much like a tree circle(always have a funny feeling when i've been near it so i avoid it as a rule as it gives me the creeps) but any help would be great

here's some info from the leicester city council website

Beaumont Leys Medieval Earthworks (Castle Hill): Description of the Monument

The Beaumont Leys Medieval Earthworks are located on a small plateau called Castle Hill to the north of Astill Lodge Road, on land to the west of Kingsbridge Crescent and Cherrybrook Close. They comprise the remains of a Preceptory (monastery house of the Knights Templars), boundary, two mounds, fishpond and dam). The Monument is not located within a Conservation Area. National Monument Number 17095. Grid reference: SK56500926.

Description

A large rectangular platform containing several other earthworks, standing in a pasture field. The main enclosure lies on the edge of Beaumont Leys plateau overlooking Anstey. The land fails away steeply to the north, west and south. The enclosure is rectangular measuring 160 metres by 120 metres with a bank and external ditch which disappears on the west side.

The site was disturbed considerably in the 19th century when it was used by the City of Leicester for sewerage purposes, making it difficult to identify original features, although two mounds and a small pond in the south-east corner appear to be ancient. The site is likened to one at South Witham i.e. with buildings around the perimeter of the enclosure leaving a courtyard with an inner court in one corner for the main hall chambers and chapel. To the east is another bank possibly for enclosure of stock, to the north a fishpond was produced by a great earthen dam about 4 metres high, blocking the Valley of the brook.

History

The function of this site has been discussed widely since attention was first drawn to it in 1891. Originally it was believed to be Pre-historic although the existence of the fishpond adjacent led some historians to believe it to be of a much later date. The site formed part of the woodland area known as Leicester Forest.

Around the time of the Domesday Book (1086), it became the property of Hugh de Grentmesnil and descended from him to the Earls of Leicester. In 1252 Simon De Montfort gave land to the south-east of Beaumont Leys to Leicester Abbey and it may be that at the same time he gave Beaumont Leys itself to the Knights Templars (a religious order formed during the Crusades). The Order fell foul of the Pope, was dissolved and the lands acquired by the King in 1308.

In due course the land was granted to the Knights Hospitallers and it remained in their custody until 1482, when they exchanged it with the King for the Rectory of Boston. By 1530 it was described as pasture and remained as such until used for sewerage purposes in the 19th century.
Your shadow is your biggest teacher and ally and yet you enjoy kicking it in the guts as it lies on the floor with you yelling furiously through tears of desperation: "Love and light! Love and light! Fucking love and light!!” Screaming and scrunching your eyes shut trying to demolish your demonic self, like it can be destroyed by the sheer willpower of pretending you are a "figure of light".
lupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
lupa

Default ley stones energy lines and earth works

hey guys just thought id bump this again. grabbed some pics today of the area around me and the standing, ley stones and monuments which have alot of energy to them. i'll grab some pics of Bradgate parks stone circle when i nip up again. but heres a few piccies to start.

the second field is the earth works however its way older than that its actually neolithic in orogin as one of the park wardens informed me that he has found flint arrow heads over there, and are trying to get Time Team over for a programme. if they come? i'd love to take part in a dig to see what we can un-earth..Time Team take note, come over! It looks flat from the photo, however this is far from the case it has levels, and dips and you can tell something big was built here once upon a time.

heres one of the signs at castle hill

and another

further down in Anstey just off the A46 is Mill Hill Farm which has the Anstey ley Standing stone. I could have got closer after asking the lady who owns the farm but not the right footwear and the ground was really boggy but theres a gap in the hedge blocked by a metal railing fence so you can see it from the road side.

Further into Anstey you have St. Marys church, on the left hand side is where the line runs through see the position of those gates? follow that line as it hts the corner of the church

somewhere else in anstey is this stone, and i can't reveal where that is as i promised the person who has this within his property he's a decent chap and as he doesn't want lots of folks knocking his door all the time asking about the stone, he has a life and we should respect that but it is a stone with energy pointing the way. however i was pointed in a certain direction to another so its up to me to find that which i will try to do

more to come
Your shadow is your biggest teacher and ally and yet you enjoy kicking it in the guts as it lies on the floor with you yelling furiously through tears of desperation: "Love and light! Love and light! Fucking love and light!!” Screaming and scrunching your eyes shut trying to demolish your demonic self, like it can be destroyed by the sheer willpower of pretending you are a "figure of light".

Last edited by lupa; 21-10-2010 at 06:55 PM.
lupa is offline   Reply With Quote