Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 04-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #21
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
This is fascinating! I haven't listened to the interviews yet but I'm just reading about it on various sites.
It's an incredible story. I didn't buy it at first, but later on I did. I'm 95% sure it's real.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #22
measle_weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
I wonder whether the line itself could support its own weight if he really extended it to 80,000 feet. Even if it could would the knots where he tied them together hold? I think he said he used ordinary fishing lines that he used to use to catch sharks.

If the sheep story is true... God what does it mean!?
Yep, used 20 pound test line. Though, 20 pounds is not the absolute maximum such a line can take before breaking. Its only the weight that it should always be able to take without breaking. But it can usually take more.

I just had a thought (happens from time to time). What if the hole goes into a network of caverns where there is a draft? Such a light line could be swept through the caverns by the draft, and the more line released, just lets the bottom of the line go sideways, not actually further down. If the weight at the end came off somehow, the line would be free to move with even the slightest breeze.

Everyone knows the world is full of stupid people

Knowledge, what is it? Do you have it?
measle_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #23
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by measle_weasel View Post
Yep, used 20 pound test line. Though, 20 pounds is not the absolute maximum such a line can take before breaking. Its only the weight that it should always be able to take without breaking. But it can usually take more.

I just had a thought (happens from time to time). What if the hole goes into a network of caverns where there is a draft? Such a light line could be swept through the caverns by the draft, and the more line released, just lets the bottom of the line go sideways, not actually further down. If the weight at the end came off somehow, the line would be free to move with even the slightest breeze.
I know I said I'd volunteer to go down there in a cage, but not after hearing the sheep bit. I don't want my liver turning into a homunculus!

Yes, the 1 lb weight would be withini the line's limit, but it's more than that. It's 1 lb plus the weight of the rest of the line itself.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #24
measle_weasel

Deffinitely possible it could have broken off at some point. Who knows, maybe the weighted end grazed up against a sharp piece of rock, and cut the line, but the weight lost was to insignificant to notice at the top without a scale.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #25
lordreptoid
Banned

I remember watching the common main-stream news YEARS ago about a group of Japaneese scientists who were studying an island somewhere (no idea now) where (...get this...) GRAVITY is on an ANGLE!? Highly unusual. I watched flat areas with trees all standing on a slight angle and water around the island "flowing" slightly like a slow river or stream on all sides... the strangest thing and I was HOOKED on the idea that gravity is not "smooth" but "globular" or "bumpy" (full of uneven anomalies here and there, which explains grid points, black holes, everything). You can guess what happened after that... that's right... NOTHING. No follow-up stories, no mention of it ever again... but at least back in the 80's news like that sometimes got to air on some local news channels before being "vanished". Hmmm. Imagine that, gravity around the planet having "strange effects" above, under and on the planet. Where have we heard that before? Would not gravity anomalies relate also to other quantum doorways into "the twillight zone"? *Plays the theme for effect and smirks*
lordreptoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #26
measle_weasel

Very interesting LR. I have not heard of that story before, but do believe its possible that gravity acts in ways we do not think it should normally act.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #27
octopusrex

Looks familiar.
octopusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #28
white horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
Upto 10 now,I found it a bit strange that he took no photo's or film even though he could have,especially at the second hole.Fair enough if he's spiritual and hard evidence doesn't mean anything too him,but a photo of the seal type creature would have been good,Hope i'm not on gullible's travels again.I wonder if this hole goes back to the beginning of the earth or mankinds creation,aliens landing whatever.When he said about the tumour in the dead sheep being linked to his own cancer and the way he treated the creature inside kindly makes you wonder if it's a reality you can interact with some,sort of creational force inside to do with your own conciousness.Not much good for the sheep though.Maybe the hole thought the sheep was mel's offering and it returned the favour.Blimey i need a lie down already.
Mate... Day One I'd have set up a winch, strapped a bloody big light to a camera and lowered it down...

Anyone else...?
white horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #29
lordreptoid
Banned

Didn't Mel say in the first interview that by that time there'd already been a little too much attention around this anomaly from locals and others "dropping in"? (Dark humour, yes, I know) I think I also remember him saying it's a bit of a hike to the place and it's not right by his house for instance. What I'm getting at is getting there with gear and having to deal with other people might have rather worn out the interest of further investigation on his "own" and that's why he risked going public on coast 2 coast to see if anyone serious would jump on a jet and do a documentary and figure this thing out sooner rather than later... and we know the result of that. Feds at the door and the choice of big cash and "get lost in Oz" or jail for 25 years for "finding a meth lab on your property". He was right at that point of "I've had enough of this slow going fiddling around and I want answers that not even the local natives will provide me." Just my thoughts imagining and remembering the first time I heard this that fateful night... glad I was listening then.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #30
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by measle_weasel View Post
Deffinitely possible it could have broken off at some point. Who knows, maybe the weighted end grazed up against a sharp piece of rock,
If... there is any rock down there...

Old 08-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #31
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordreptoid View Post
Didn't Mel say in the first interview that by that time there'd already been a little too much attention around this anomaly from locals and others "dropping in"? (Dark humour, yes, I know) I think I also remember him saying it's a bit of a hike to the place and it's not right by his house for instance. What I'm getting at is getting there with gear and having to deal with other people might have rather worn out the interest of further investigation on his "own" and that's why he risked going public on coast 2 coast to see if anyone serious would jump on a jet and do a documentary and figure this thing out sooner rather than later... and we know the result of that. Feds at the door and the choice of big cash and "get lost in Oz" or jail for 25 years for "finding a meth lab on your property". He was right at that point of "I've had enough of this slow going fiddling around and I want answers that not even the local natives will provide me." Just my thoughts imagining and remembering the first time I heard this that fateful night... glad I was listening then.
Well Mel certaily paid a price for his action. It was brave of him to go public. The fact that the govt did acquire the land and seal it off lends credence to Mel's story.

Did you hear the original radio show live?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #32
hagbard_celine

What do you reckon to this!?

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52992

Old 08-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #33
lordreptoid
Banned

Quote:
I think the 20-30km of the earths crust is probably like swiss cheese.
Obviously very true as proven (caves) - Ever been to Carlsbad caves? It's public and you can fit whole towns of people in them, easily... and the "closed to the public" areas are even more bizarre. Worth looking into such DEEP caves.... watch this...

http://geocities.com/COHRAinfo/Article19.html

Bonnie Crystal
Cave explorer and technologist

Although she has removed the photos of the footprints, from her web site, she has found biped Reptilian footprints, on the sandy banks of deep underground rivers.

http://www.caves.org/soapbox/showpos...82&postcount=1

Underground communications

After good success in California's Bigfoot Cave System using 7MHz SSB to communicate cave-to-cave through karst rock over a distance of about 1 kilometer, 7MHz SSB HTs will be used for deep vertical pit and cave communication during the Expedition.

www.caves.org/soapbox/member.php?u=269

Bonnie Crystal. Cave explorer and technologist.

Traveling to remote areas of the globe in search of unknown portals into the underground world, she is in the forefront of a new generation of wilderness explorers, as comfortable with satellite communications as she is with trekking through dense jungle, climbing the sheer face of a cliff, or descending down a thousand foot rope into the darkness of an unknown abyss.

Bonnie's website: www.expeditioncave.com

Now on a 2-month-long expedition in the land of the ancient Chachapoyan cloud people of Peru, in a distant mountain range near the Amazon jungle, Bonnie Crystal has just discovered an area filled with thousands of caves. Deep caves.

She is on a quest to explore these vast chasms inside the earth.

Truth, honour, respect, knowledge, awareness, compassion, spirit.

--

I know some very interesting people and have enough data to speak this truth with some authority. Enjoy the quest for the inner-earth.

Last edited by lordreptoid; 08-02-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #34
hagbard_celine

Swiss cheese is a good analogy. We traditionally think of the Earth's surface as being a sharp border between the gaseous air of the atmosphere and the solid unbroken rock of the ground, but this is a false view. The change from one to the other is much more like the head on a glass of beer. There's a transitional zone of half-rock-half-air, what we call caves and tunnels, until the solid interior of the Earth takes over.

However I suspect Mel's Hole is something entirely different. It may look like a hole, but it's far more than that. No hole or cave can bring a dog back to life or turn a sheep's liver into a golem.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #35
halleyscomet

Quote:
However I suspect Mel's Hole is something entirely different. It may look like a hole, but it's far more than that. No hole or cave can bring a dog back to life or turn a sheep's liver into a golem.
The claim that it brought a dog back to life is based on the claim that a guy saw his "dead" dog hunting with someone else. It's far more likely that the guy just saw a similar dog and got confused.
halleyscomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #36
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
The claim that it brought a dog back to life is based on the claim that a guy saw his "dead" dog hunting with someone else. It's far more likely that the guy just saw a similar dog and got confused.

Could be, but put together with the other stories...

Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #37
halleyscomet

Quote:
Could be, but put together with the other stories...
Put together with the other stories you have a string of tall tales bound together by a vague reference to a mythical location one guy claims to have seen.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 10-02-2009 at 05:30 PM.
halleyscomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #38
lordreptoid
Banned

Quote:
I see you didn't hear the actual interview. Same dog, same collar, SAME TAG. Listen for yourself... stop guessing.

It's not the only "hole" in space-time around, natural or otherwise... Montauk point / "Philadelphia experiment" is worth studying also. Tesla technology had a lot to do with these being "tampered with".

Last edited by lordreptoid; 10-02-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #39
metacomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordreptoid View Post
I see you didn't hear the actual interview. Same dog, same collar, SAME TAG. Listen for yourself... stop guessing.
Shhhh... you're interrupting his rationality.

There is always a rational explanation and he will always find it
metacomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #40
jonbongjovi

I love these sort of mysteries. Interesting stuff. Wonder where Mel is today.
jonbongjovi is offline   Reply With Quote