Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 14-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #41
chattanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrist0 View Post
Those orbs remind me of the orb footage captured by the nasa shuttle STS crew when they were trying to deploy a satellite on a 30 mile tether while in orbit.

The tether snapped and the crew were filming it from 100miles away as it floated off. A rather large amount of orbs swarmed around the tether.

When mission control asked the crew to describe what they were seeing there was a long pause...all they could say it was debris of some kind...
Hey, welcome onboard morrist0 . yes we know what you mean http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7546, very interesting.

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #42
morrist0

Thanks Chattanova.

Wow I see those orbs have already been well covered !
morrist0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #43
chattanova

'The Most Mysterious House Ever Built'
Quote:

The Winchester House began with a curse, was built under the guidance of "spirits" and has the creepiest architecture of any American home.
William Wirt Winchester was the son of famed gun manufacturer Oliver Winchester and heir to his substantial fortune. The Winchester rifle - the famed Henry Rifle - was a revolution in gun design and was dubbed "the rifle that won the West." At the outset of the Civil War, the Winchester Repeating Arms Company began to amass an incredible fortune from government contracts. And such was the beginning, some say, of a family curse that has resulted in a bizarre architectural legacy that stands to this day.
In September of 1862, at the height of the war between the states, the Winchester family of New Haven, Connecticut, hosted an elaborate wedding for William who took as his bride Sarah Pardee. Small in stature but full of charm and charisma, Sarah was the belle of New Haven and the light of the city's social scene.
It was Sarah Pardee Winchester who built the now-famous - some would say infamous - Winchester House. But it was not for her prestigious family that the house was constructed. Sarah had entirely different and superstitious reasons for building the great house, and it was these reasons that has given the Winchester House its extraordinary design and its paranormal reputation.

The Curse

In July 1866, Sarah gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter they named Annie. The blessing would soon be darkened by tragedy, however, when Annie contracted a children's disease and died. This, for Sarah, would be the beginning of what she would later think of as a curse on her family. Traumatized by her child's death, Sarah slipped dangerously close to madness, shunning society and withdrawing into sorrow. The Winchesters never had another child.
Eventually Sarah returned to her home and husband and tried to resume a normal life, but then tragedy struck again. William was stricken with tuberculosis and died in March of 1881. As William's widow, Sarah inherited the then-incredible sun of $20 million and nearly half ownership of the still successful gun manufacturing company. But the money did little to sooth the anguish Sarah felt over the deaths of the two people she loved most in the world. She was so distraught and nearly inconsolable that a friend recommended she seek the counsel of a medium. Spiritualism was extremely popular during this period of American history, and so for a person of Sarah's position and resources, this was not an unusual recourse.
Sarah's visit to this medium would, however, reinforce in her mind the idea that the Winchester family was cursed, and would change her life forever.

The Medium

Through a friend, Sarah was put in contact with a medium who agreed to conduct a séance for the rich widow. In a darkened room, the medium fell into a trance and announced that Sarah's husband, William, was present - and that he knew the cause of the awful curse that seemed to befall her. The medium, supposedly relating what was being told by William's spirit, said that there was a curse on the Winchester family, brought about by their guns that had taken the lives of so many people. The spirits of the dead, the medium said, had exacted their revenge by taking the life of William and their infant daughter.
What could stop the curse? Sarah was instructed to sell her home in New Haven and follow the setting sun to the west. There, she was told, her husband's spirit would guide her in finding a new home for herself and the spirits that were haunting her life. When she found the home, the medium said, Sarah should buy it and continually build upon it. "If you continue building you will live," some legends quote the medium as saying. "Stop and you will die."
Sarah promptly sold her New Haven home and headed west, eventually reaching her destination in the Santa Clara Valley, which is today about an hour's drive south of San Francisco. She found a 17-room home, owned by a doctor, under construction and negotiated its purchase from him, which included the 162 acres of land on which it sat. With no formal plans, Sarah took over construction of the house and, in keeping with the medium's advice, continually built upon it until her death.
It remains today one of the most bizarre - and some say haunted - houses ever built.

The House

It was said that the new Winchester House contained a séance room in which Sarah regularly consulted with good spirits about the home's continued construction. Its many oddities were designed, it is reputed, to confuse and repel the evil spirits that were responsible for the curse on the Winchester family.
Sarah hired several building contractors who worked on the house literally day and night, all year 'round. She would provide them with crude plans she had hand drawn, and the builders would go about their job constructing every strange element, no matter how illogical. They would build rooms, tear them apart at Sarah's instruction and rebuild them. Eventually, the home would reach a height of seven stories and contain a bewildering maze of 40 bedrooms, 13 bathrooms, five or six kitchens, two ballrooms and much more. Here are some of the more eccentric characteristics of the house, many of which were dictated by Sarah's obsession with the number 13:

* 40 staircases, several of which lead absolutely nowhere, ending at a ceiling.
* Some of the stairways have 13 steps.
* One room features a window in the floor.
* Two closet doors open to blank walls.
* One door opens to an eight-foot drop to a kitchen sink.
* The door of another room opens to an 14-foot drop to an outdoor garden.
* There are 47 fireplaces, four of which have flues that go nowhere (Sarah might have believed that ghosts could enter and leave a house through its chimneys).
* Many of the bathrooms have glass doors.
* Most windows have 13 panes, many walls have 13 panels and some rooms have 13 windows.

The Winchester House was somewhat damaged in the "Great San Francisco Earthquake" of 1906 and lost a few of its top floors, but it was quickly rebuilt to its present size: an astonishing 160 rooms covering 4.5 acres. (The room count is only an estimate because the house is so convoluted and confusing that an accurate room count has proved virtually impossible.)
Sarah didn't die when work on the house stopped, yet it didn't stop until she died on her sleep in 1922 at the age of 82.
Today, officially known as "The Winchester Mystery House" in San Jose, California, the mansion is a tourist attraction that offers a variety of tours of its many eccentricities. There are even, occasionally, "flashlight tours" of the house, usually conducted around Halloween. Despite its many bizarre features and spiritualist history, is the Winchester House haunted? If you ever get to San Jose, visit the house and you can find out for yourself.

http://mysterytopia.com/search/label/Bizarre

Old 24-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #44
notthisshitagain
Inactive

notthisshitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #45
chattanova

Ghost of a Cat seen on Photo

Quote:
My friend's cat, Squeak, died on New Year's Eve 2007. She was a well loved pet and her passing was very hard on them. The next day her daughter was testing the camera on her new cell phone and decided to take a photo of the chair where her cat had loved to sit. When she reviewed the photo she found this image. They were very surprised, but also comforted that Squeak seemed to still be with them.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/pa...ml?theme=light

Old 02-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #46
chattanova

Hearse Ghost

Quote:
My fiancé Jerry and I took my 7 year old daughter and 2 of her girlfriends out for her bday to Virginia City, the first city in Montana, old gold mining town. Had a lot of Chinese men to build the railroad. These buildings are all from the mid-late 1800's. They had a whole town full of old goods from that era as well as all the old wagons and hearses. I took a picture of a child's hearse as I went around and thought nothing of it.

We looked at them when we got home and saw something odd in the picture I just mentioned. See if you see it-- a face on the wood panel on the right side of the photo. This was taken with a HP digital E317 Photosmart & it is my first ghost picture!!!!!!!! I would like to see if any one else sees what we see!

Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #47
chattanova

New Video of Ghost caught on Tape

Quote:
VIDEO http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2229774.ece

new and possibly the best ghost footage on film http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread436327/pg1

Terrified Reece Pitman, 12, heard whistling — and used his mobile to film the shadowy being.

It came days after his nine-year-old sister complained that someone was mysteriously finishing her jigsaws at night.

Tonia, of Solihull, Birmingham, said she consulted a psychic who told her the ghost could be friendly.

Sales assistant Tonia said: “I’ve had a tough time recently as my husband left me. I didn’t believe in ghosts — but I’m thinking of the spectre as my guardian angel.”

Julian Banks of the British Paranormal Society said the film was “potentially the best image of a ghost in years”.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2229774.ece

Old 15-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #48
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post

Interesting, if it's true. The problem is that photoshopping is so good nowadays that image analysis has become almost pointless. I think all the most convincing ghost films are the ones that have already been shot before this technology was commonly available.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #49
chattanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
Interesting, if it's true. The problem is that photoshopping is so good nowadays that image analysis has become almost pointless. I think all the most convincing ghost films are the ones that have already been shot before this technology was commonly available.
Yes, sadly that's the way it's become..

Old 15-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #50
jojo

Quote:
blimey. thats crazy. she must have been plagued by spiritual attack and madness. But, as well as keeping the spirits of the dead out as per her madness, it also acts as a giant energy trap.

I would not like to go visit there thats for sure.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #51
jojo

Quote:
Hearse Ghost
looks like a smudge on the paintwork to me.
Old 15-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #52
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Yes, sadly that's the way it's become..
Luckily there is some very good ghost footage from long ago that looks very like this new one, which makes it more likely that the new one is true. The kid's voice sounds convincing too. He did seem genuinly alarmed and he's too young to be able to fake it convincingly.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #53
jojo

Quote:
wow, thats real. . hope the boy is ok though.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #54
timelord

Quote:
Hearse Ghost
Great photo, but it's definately simulacra as you can see that the nose is part of the vehicle!
timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #55
chattanova

Photo From Cemetery Shows a Ghost ? Springfield, Missouri, -USA

Quote:
I took this photo, I believe in 1991, at Maple Park Cemetery located in Springfield, Missouri. It was a cold fall day, just after an ice storm. I took the photo with a Canon Pelix 35mm. I was scanning my old photos, and for the first time got a good close up view of several pics I took in the cemetery that day. In the first view I could hardly see the figure standing near a headstone in the upper right of the photo, but as I zoomed in the figure became much more visible. It really creeps me out... I thought I was alone!

--Mark

Old 28-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #56
chattanova

Scotland ghost photo baffles experts
Quote:
AN eerie image of a figure at a Scottish castle has got ghost experts spooked.

article/photo(copyright) http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2343015.ece

Old 02-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #57
the itinerant shrubber

Quote:
I remember something about that house on TV. I would love to live there.
the itinerant shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #58
jojo

Quote:
Photo From Cemetery Shows a Ghost ? Springfield, Missouri, -USA
tiny wee ghostie that one!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #59
coco

I apologize if this has already been posted - if so please ignore.

I recently read this story about an alleged ghost caught on film by a tourist visiting a Scottish castle. What make you of it?

(Since AOL prevents copying photos you will have to click on the link if you wish to actually see the photo but here is the story)

http://news.aol.com/article/eerie-fi...-castle/402383

March 27 - The figure peers down silently from an upper floor of the ruins of a Scottish castle, wearing what looks like an outfit from the Middle Ages. Could this be a long-dead Scottish earl, or just a random, modern-day visitor?
The eerie image is captured in a photograph taken by tourist Christopher Aitchison in May 2008 at Tantallon Castle, which sits on a rocky outcrop along the Scottish coast, east of Edinburgh. The "person" appears to be wearing an old-style greenish ruff around the neck.

More Than Meets the Eye?Christopher Aitchison8 photos Experts on the paranormal are scratching their heads over this image, showing an odd figure apparently wearing period clothes and peering from a window in a Scottish castle. The shot was taken by a tourist in May of last year and made public Friday by scholar Richard Wiseman, who received it when he invited people from around the world to send him their photos of ghosts.

Aitchison insists he did not tamper with the image and cannot explain it.
"I was not aware of anyone, or anything, being present in my picture, only noticing the anomaly when I got home," Aitchison said. "Staff have verified that there were no sinister dummies in period costume or historical reenactments going on that day at the castle. I did not notice any nice old ladies wearing ruffs walking around the stairs!"
The picture was made public Friday by Richard Wiseman, a professor of psychology at the University of Hertfordshire who also studies the paranormal. Wiseman said he was looking for "photographic evidence for ghosts" ahead of a session on the subject at the Edinburgh International Science Festival next week.

Wiseman solicited such photos from around the world and collated them for the conference. He said the majority of images showed mysterious-looking orbs, mists, figures and faces.

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
http://www.uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi

Last edited by coco; 02-04-2009 at 08:58 PM.
coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #60
coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
Could it be that the belief in the word itself is what's needed? I know that I can agree to myself that someone can't effect me, and they cant.

When I was following Christianity it was said to me that I must not 'follow' ghosts, or rather to think that they are real. I was not told that they did not exist, only that their images are a work of the devil and cannot be trusted.

In my opinion, if one is to at least acknowledge the chance that there is more to life than what we see for the first 100 years before 'death', and that Icke and others might be right in saying that there is far more to us mentally or spiritually than what we think we are, and that when we have left this earth (not getting preachy I hope ) we could 'become' something else, then I would have to conclude that a new understanding is acquired just like any other living being and that this knowledge would be different than what you or I know now.

So I think that a mere change of words could also work, as the 'thing' or ghost can relate the two seperate words.

Tom.
Matthew 22:32
'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

Yes, I was taught the same. A different interpretation you may wish to consider is 'the dead' are those without life in them - not a dead body but rather a person who does not have the Spirit in him - chooses not to recognize and embrace God - I'm not trying to go off topic but that is just my personal take only. The spiritually dead, IMO.

Yes, I appreciate there are other threads for such a discussion. I was throwing in my thoughts about Tom's remark only. Thank you.

Back to the ghosties!!

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
http://www.uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi

Last edited by coco; 02-04-2009 at 09:39 PM.
coco is offline   Reply With Quote