Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media

Old 29-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #41
deadhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1033 View Post
I agree i doubt it has that rawness it had during the 1990's today.
even back then they were borrowing keyboard vibes from Hawkwind, Tomital, Rush, Gong and the likes who told the record companies to fuck off (to a certain degree), and when the zoomers on E got older they all ended up spacerock or reggae fans.
a real raver doesn't tend to go to raves anymore cause you'll get Venga Boys and Aqua played ironically at them and that crap brings ya down.

obviously the real thing still exists old style- but like all genres of music it'll be one ore two guys trying to keep the old flame burning and only those who gained a soulful joy through understanding that the music in the vibe of techno is critical of the machine age will know about it and attend.

this theory can be proven - techno is not listened to, it is experienced, thus the popularists dunno what they like - wont play a whole track of anything without the E in their brains.

1993 - LIZA N ELIAZ RAVE - HARDCORE ACID UNDERGROUND TECHNO
featuring Hawkwind's Sonic Attack (1976)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7OfVNZglIE
it's exactly 45:45 so if ya hate techno and canny stand rave don't listen.....eh, no actually, give it an ear, check out the jazz and blues veins runnin through the bastard!!

edit2 it's not just sonic attack there are traces of at least three hawkwind tracks in there

Last edited by deadhawk; 30-08-2014 at 03:18 AM. Reason: punctuational anomolies
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #42
fishonwheels

^No idea but I'll check it out. Ty.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #43
newjersey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfp_Q-YB1p4

Those were the days, but to war mongering governments there is nothing more dangerous than a loved up public.
newjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #44
porridge
Banned

Quote:

Me personally liked the white peoples version of rave music, which was like i said hardcore versions. Black peoples rave scene are based on low toned music, like they used to call drum and bass(do not know what they call it now).
I know what you are saying about Drum & bass or Jungle being more black orientated, being the breaks mainly originated from Reggae dub the original drum & bass. But I dont think you can classify rave music as black or white.
House & techno originated form black artists like Frankie Knuckles or Frankie Bones, Lil Louie, Lenny Dee, Derrick May...all black.

This is where the original acid house sound comes from & happy hardcore was mainly samples from original slower vocal tracks speeded up.

Maybe is the cheesieness of it why was popular amongst white people I dunno, but the parties I used to go to was a mix crowd of anybody.

I do think the Ragga Junglist element helped to fuck the rave scene bringing in lots of yardie gangsters mugging & selling shit pills around 1991 it took a nose dive & the loved up stuff went out the window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADoBW0c-18
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #45
fishonwheels

Candy ravers didn't die out around here till 2000's.
Old 29-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #46
dentedarthur
Banned

dentedarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #47
nattnatt
Inactive

It's not everyday I see people on this forum talk about this kind of music so excuse my shameless promotion. Im one of those trying to follow my own path when it comes to making music. I will not try to please anyone but myself. But hopefully there will be others out there who can enjoy it as much as I do.

Im trying to melt the old with the new. This is just one of the tunes I got leying around, still unmastered though. Maybe it's to cheesy for u hardcore UK ravers

nattnatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #48
serpentine energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by porridge View Post
I know what you are saying about Drum & bass or Jungle being more black orientated, being the breaks mainly originated from Reggae dub the original drum & bass. But I dont think you can classify rave music as black or white.
House & techno originated form black artists like Frankie Knuckles or Frankie Bones, Lil Louie, Lenny Dee, Derrick May...all black.

This is where the original acid house sound comes from & happy hardcore was mainly samples from original slower vocal tracks speeded up.

Maybe is the cheesieness of it why was popular amongst white people I dunno, but the parties I used to go to was a mix crowd of anybody.

I do think the Ragga Junglist element helped to fuck the rave scene bringing in lots of yardie gangsters mugging & selling shit pills around 1991 it took a nose dive & the loved up stuff went out the window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADoBW0c-18
Disagree about ragga jungle, it started getting dark and nasty around 1993 and that's when hardcore/jungle was at it's best.
serpentine energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #49
nattnatt
Inactive

I don't know much about the UK scene. But here in Sweden the government
seemed to be scared to death about the rave scene. To much happy people in the same place. Couldnt have that. They raided every party they could. Let the big companys take over, wrapped it up in a plastic bag of shit and served it to the big masses.
Old 29-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #50
fishonwheels

Europe outside Uk will save rave. But it's strange how everything that came out of there seemed to be trance.
Old 29-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #51
porridge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine energy View Post
Disagree about ragga jungle, it started getting dark and nasty around 1993 and that's when hardcore/jungle was at it's best.
I didnt mind a bit of Grooverider & Fabio to start, but all that bollocks saturated the rave scene.

From my perspective it went down hill in 91 & the ragga vibes definitely a big factor to why it went to shit.

All the Top Buzz crack heads moved in on the cheesy quavers

Also establishment criminals pumping in dodgy pills played the biggest factor.
porridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 02:21 AM   #52
rooey

Quote:
Raving is the same thing done in voodoo ceremonies.

Thats all it does, and its practically the same. Some people get lost into it, as are more sensitive than others.

The only thing wrong with raves was people.

The rest of it was great, lights, music, and dancing. Happy hardcore was my fav in 90's when i was young. Today its got another name i see, but its probably not the same.

People are what make it rubbish in the end, they cannot do there own thing.

The rave scene is same as voodoo ceremonies, that is what is behind it. The ptb getting you all into occult, or getting you lost. Every group of people had there version of voodoo.

Shame i had to stop going dancing at raves at 22, people are scum. But thats life.

All the rave scene came from voodoo ceremonies, same thing. Nothing new under the sun.
Andy is right, people have and always will be dancing. Hence the massive attempt at control over the scenes & movements in every country and almost every level.

NEW ORDER, Human league, Joy Division, Gary NUMAN, softCELL, Kraftwerk (craftwork) being the inspirations behind dance and TRANCE.. Then you had hits like 'Mu Mu Land' by the KLF.. in the 70s you had .. "The mid-1970s saw the rise of electronic art musicians such as Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, and Tomita, who with Brian Eno were a significant influence on the development of new-age music.[32]"

they coalesce across boarders, because the scenes have bounced growth wise inbetween the dutch, german and the UK, now spread through the world. It's easier to get the people they want into the scene because all they have to be is hedonists who just want to take lots of drugs and party hard, have sex.. people are lining up.

" the first incarnation of The Human League released their début single "Being Boiled"

Depeche mode another trance/dance inspiration released an album called "Speak and Spell (1981)"

Well rooey could make a whole long ass post linking it up today, but seeing how wide spread it is and how many fucking examples there, it would be ridiculously fucking long. sorry for the swearing, rooey is not that sober this morning lol

Last edited by rooey; 30-08-2014 at 02:22 AM.
rooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 02:56 AM   #53
deadhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjersey View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfp_Q-YB1p4

Those were the days, but to war mongering governments there is nothing more dangerous than a loved up public.
ahhhh, yeh
bangin' drums
bouncin' bass
the vibe in those early rave days was beautiful
TPTB hated it.
Old 30-08-2014, 02:57 AM   #54
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooey View Post
Andy is right, people have and always will be dancing. Hence the massive attempt at control over the scenes & movements in every country and almost every level.

NEW ORDER, Human league, Joy Division, Gary NUMAN, softCELL, Kraftwerk (craftwork) being the inspirations behind dance and TRANCE.. Then you had hits like 'Mu Mu Land' by the KLF.. in the 70s you had .. "The mid-1970s saw the rise of electronic art musicians such as Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, and Tomita, who with Brian Eno were a significant influence on the development of new-age music.[32]"

they coalesce across boarders, because the scenes have bounced growth wise inbetween the dutch, german and the UK, now spread through the world. It's easier to get the people they want into the scene because all they have to be is hedonists who just want to take lots of drugs and party hard, have sex.. people are lining up.

" the first incarnation of The Human League released their début single "Being Boiled"

Depeche mode another trance/dance inspiration released an album called "Speak and Spell (1981)"

Well rooey could make a whole long ass post linking it up today, but seeing how wide spread it is and how many fucking examples there, it would be ridiculously fucking long. sorry for the swearing, rooey is not that sober this morning lol
You forgot this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ukfGAd8T4
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 03:02 AM   #55
deadhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattnatt View Post
It's not everyday I see people on this forum talk about this kind of music so excuse my shameless promotion. Im one of those trying to follow my own path when it comes to making music. I will not try to please anyone but myself. But hopefully there will be others out there who can enjoy it as much as I do.

Im trying to melt the old with the new. This is just one of the tunes I got leying around, still unmastered though. Maybe it's to cheesy for u hardcore UK ravers

well i spent a couple o years as what they called a "techno-hippy" so it's cool for me nothin wrong with cheese
it's the fake cheese that's passed of as not cheese i don't like

the bit at 5:10 to 6:55 is the bits i went to raves for those magic wee spacey bits are there for the trippers

Last edited by deadhawk; 30-08-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 30-08-2014, 03:26 AM   #56
rooey

Default this track spells out the situation

rooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 04:02 AM   #57
deadhawk

^^wow that's great
never heard it before
very real

Last edited by deadhawk; 30-08-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 30-08-2014, 05:03 AM   #58
eponatherapy

Dance/Techno/Happyhardcore whatever you young un's like to call it all make my ears bleed. It's not organic and literally makes me feel ill/on a downer.......

I do remember getting dragged along to some dance thing once and hating it because I was also slightly pregnant at the time thus straight and sober. Some passing madferrit off his tits sweaty raver bloke caught the energy off my belly and stopped, looked at me in wonder, like I was the holy mother herself and kind of bowed at me with his heads outstretched in the general direction of the foetus and mouthed 'WOW! You're pregnant!'
Mildly amusing

I used to go to Friday night 'Thrash Raves' at Leeds Uni in the 80's... They were fun
eponatherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 05:11 AM   #59
bubbazenetti

Rhythm is a dancer, I've got the key I've got the secret, there's no limit!!

God some shite tunes existed in the mainstream back then. I do look back though on '91 and '92 necking 2 white doves of a summers evening thinking I was god. Good times but crazy. I do miss my old mix cassettes. Bet they would be terrible listening to the now.
bubbazenetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #60
nattnatt
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhawk View Post
well i spent a couple o years as what they called a "techno-hippy" so it's cool for me nothin wrong with cheese
it's the fake cheese that's passed of as not cheese i don't like

the bit at 5:10 to 6:55 is the bits i went to raves for those magic wee spacey bits are there for the trippers

Yes, its fun to create something strange and atmospheric that will take people on a colorful journey