Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 15-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
saty

Exclamation Fluorescent light bulbs CAUTION!!

Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Unscrewed: A Triple Threat to Your Health and Environment (Part 1)

compact fluorescent light bulbIf there’s one thing that gets under my skin, it’s the one sided truth about compact fluorescent light bulbs.

And if you’re fed up with skyrocketing energy bills or the damage inflicted on our environment, I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of hype for these light bulbs.

These “energy efficient light bulbs” are supposed to drastically reduce your power bills and green house gas emissions that are linked with “global warming”.

Don’t get me wrong. I do like lower power bills and a sustainable planet for my children and future generations.

But the simple fact is…

There’s a dark shadow cast by compact fluorescent light bulbs on your health and the environment that you should know about!

Before I tell you all about it let’s quickly go over the benefits of CFLs that we’ve been force fed by the media, industry, and governments.

By now you and I have been led to believe compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs are great! After all, they use 75% less electricity. They’re four times more efficient than incandescent light bulbs, meaning a 13 Watt CFL would give off as much light as a 60 Watt incandescent. Prices have dropped so much over the last few years that CFL bulbs are a bargain compared to the cost of incandescent bulbs. Heck they even last up to ten times longer than incandescent bulbs.

This is great for the environment because it reduces greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants created by fossil-fuel power plants. As an added bonus you save money by having to purchase less CFL bulbs compared to incandescent bulbs. Plus, your electric bill is reduced too!

Governments are mandating CFL use and banning incandescent light bulbs. Media, industry, and governments have “screwed” the benefits of CFL bulbs into the deepest sockets of our mind.

In a nutshell, we have been led to believe CFL bulbs are good for the environment, the energy crisis, our bank account, and global warming, right?

I thought so until I heard this…

Investigation Announced into Potential Dangers of Compact Florescent Lights

Always believing CFLs were a good thing, I was surprised to hear my local radio station, AM800 CKLW in Windsor Ontario, announce Health Canada was measuring exposure levels of CFL bulb’s potentially harmful electromagnetic-field and ultraviolet radiation levels.

I decided to investigate energy-saving compact fluorescent light bulbs to uncover the truth.

My Research Into Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Was Shocking

In the end I discovered there’s a dark side to compact fluorescent light bulbs.

You will soon see three areas of concern to your health and the environment. The question is have they been downplayed. They include toxic mercury, ultraviolet radiation, and electromagnetic fields. These are what I call “CFLs Triple Threat”.

As you continue reading, I’ll explain what I found about each threat in more detail. But before doing so you should know…

Lots of people are reporting serious health problems they are convinced come from compact fluorescent light bulbs

Some symptoms they complain about include…

Mild to severe Headaches (Migraines)

Skin Irritation, redness, burning sensations, and or itchiness

Dizziness and Nausea

Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and Earaches

Numbness and Tingling sensations

Tired, Weak and Fatigued

Difficulty Sleeping / Restlessness

Chest Pains / Heart Problems

Poor Memory and Concentration

Irritability

Feelings of Stress and Anxiety

Depression and Mood Swings

Difficulty breathing

Muscle and joint pain

Pain and pressure in the eyes

p.s. THIS IS DONE BY DESIGN.DON'T BYE FLUORESCENT LIGHT BULBS!!

Last edited by saty; 15-06-2011 at 05:07 PM.
saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
godner

I'd rather use a candle than one of those CFL monstrosities.

Luckily I have a large stash of 40W-150W tungsten lamps, the 60W examples still just about available too, if you know where to look.

Don't try B&Q though! They've swallowed the 'green' mantra hook line and sinker.
Hardly an incandescent lamp to be found in there last time I visited.
Apart from those miniature candle-shaped examples with a smaller than standard BC fitting.
No use to man or beast.
godner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
lulushka8

and to think i used to work in a lighting showroom surrounded by them.

i took the one in my room out last month as i'd rather use a candle as well. i brought the old style one instead and my wellbeing's improved so much.
lulushka8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
sphoenix

I became really interested in this subject once it started hitting the mainstream, finally convinced my mum to swap out these energy saving ones for the old fashioned bulbs.

But it turns out these new block of flats have a specific type of 4-pin bulb which only comes in 13-15 W packages! So I literally can't change it unless I get an electrician to swap out the entire wires. Maybe candles will have to do...
sphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
gnosis_dub

Fluorescent light bulbs are known to drain vitamin A.

Also, fluorescent light exposure increases your chances of skin cancer.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._at.html?cat=5

Fluorescent light strobe effect can hurt your eyes and mind.
http://www.jinsencn.com/en/forum_detail.php?q=34
gnosis_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
admajic

So what about the newer style LED lights now showing up any better?
admajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #7
sylph

As a child our kitchen used to have a flickering tube flourescent light bulb.
OMG how my head used to hurt soooo much at breakfast, I used to eat with my eyes closed, even after it was fixed I still couldn't open my eyes as the light hurt them and my head....Ouch...

Why didn't my parents realise there was something up, did everyone have blind faith in the system in the 70/80's or what?
sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #8
lizzyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by admajic View Post
So what about the newer style LED lights now showing up any better?
Good LED systems are pricey but they rock. Fluorescent manufacturers lobbied the gov't to protect their gravy train.
lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #9
coco

I have asked before with genuine, naive curiosity; we went to school with those lights, they are in stores and where we work. Please, can someone tell me what harm has been realized. I truly wish to know with sincerity.

I'm not intending to be contrary, but I would really like to know what the recent fuss is about.

Thank you.

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
http://www.uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi
coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #10
admajic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyking View Post
Good LED systems are pricey but they rock. Fluorescent manufacturers lobbied the gov't to protect their gravy train.
Just got 3 LEDs put in the bedroom costly at $80 ozzie a pop!
admajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 02:00 AM   #11
coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
I have asked before with genuine, naive curiosity; we went to school with those lights, they are in stores and where we work. Please, can someone tell me what harm has been realized. I truly wish to know with sincerity.

I'm not intending to be contrary, but I would really like to know what the recent fuss is about.

Thank you.
No answer again, disappointing, but not unexpected. All I ask is why the recent fuss when these lights have been in schools, stores and offices for many decades? I'm really not intending to contrary, but I wish to know.

Call me stupid, I don't know.

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
Old 16-06-2011, 02:16 AM   #12
lizzyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by admajic View Post
Just got 3 LEDs put in the bedroom costly at $80 ozzie a pop!

Good move Intial investment can be an ouch, but I'm sure you did the math and you are aware you'll save money in the long run between the energy savings and the longevity of a well designed LED system that rarely needs replacing. How many bureaucrats does it take to change an LED?
lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 02:35 AM   #13
lizzy

Quote:
No answer again, disappointing, but not unexpected. All I ask is why the recent fuss when these lights have been in schools, stores and offices for many decades? I'm really not intending to contrary, but I wish to know.

hi coco....

got to admit, I don't know either.....the ones that are mercury free are supposed to be ok....but still think fluorescent light might have some negative effects.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #14
coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
hi coco....

got to admit, I don't know either.....the ones that are mercury free are supposed to be ok....but still think fluorescent light might have some negative effects.
I truly appreciate your response, Lizzy. I'm genuinely curious, yet no one has answered the question I've asked for a couple of years. Honesty, I'm not intending to be a 'troll', but am asking for information.

Old 16-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #15
sylph

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
hi coco....

I'd like to know too, they used to make me feel physically sick
sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
curtaincat
Banned

Quote:

I remember reading about ten years ago, how these lights bring on pre-pubescent girls into having adolescence way too early, such as at the age of ten years old, and it is worse for girls of the afro-american girls.

It messes up the hormones.

I dont remember the article, but it would be somewhere on googleshite or the search of your choice.

Fluro lights are bad for everyone.

This was known back b4 2000 , I think. It is old news.. but the msm keeps it out of reach.

hope this helps a bit, and dont call uself stupid, lol, u are the complete opposite!

curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #17
coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtaincat View Post
I remember reading about ten years ago, how these lights bring on pre-pubescent girls into having adolescence way too early, such as at the age of ten years old, and it is worse for girls of the afro-american girls.

It messes up the hormones.

I dont remember the article, but it would be somewhere on googleshite or the search of your choice.

Fluro lights are bad for everyone.

This was known back b4 2000 , I think. It is old news.. but the msm keeps it out of reach.

hope this helps a bit, and dont call uself stupid, lol, u are the complete opposite!

Thank you, Curtaincat, now I have something to 'go on' and shall research this.

Last edited by coco; 18-06-2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #18
ustane

I have just got an LED bulb from IKEA after having carefully read & compared them, as it said in the lighting options booklet on the shelf that LED's don't contain mercury or other toxins - BUT, the packet bore the symbol of a wheelie bin crossed out, which according to the booklet, that symbol means 'this bulb needs special waste handling as it contains mercury'. That's a contradiction. Are LED's safe then? Confused, want to check this out cos otherwise I will take it back to the shop
ustane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #19
princessofwands

Candles are not much better because the cheap ones are made of petroleum products and they release noxious fumes too. You need to invest in quality candles made of things like bees wax.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #20
quietgirl
Inactive

I really don't like these energy-efficient light-bulbs - I can barely see to read by them and now have to have 3 lamps blazing away where I used to have just one!

Mandy
quietgirl is offline   Reply With Quote