Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 30-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #21
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
People are more than ready to acknowledge the posibility or speculate or even claim that dogmen or werewolves or shapeshifters or all sorts of other bizarre monsters exist, and even enjoy reading eyewitness reports of such encounters...

...yet the idea that anything like that could ever be caught on film causes endless doubts at best, and meets with ridicule, irrational skepticism, deliberate distortion/evasion of facts, or outright hostility at worst.
Talking about dogmen, or fantasising about the phenomenon by vicariously experiencing it through other people's accounts is a very pleasurable and safe thing to do.

But seeing a 'dogman' with your own eyes generally seems to be a pretty terrifying or uncomfortable experience based on eyewitness testimonies. Usually the people who claim to have seen these things have one overwhelming urge : to get the hell outta there, i.e. remove themselves physically from the vicinity of the thing that they're seeing.

We can view the Gable Film footage removed from any real danger in the safety of our own homes, but still, seeing the animal at the end of the film charge the camera can be a spooky or unnerving experience despite knowing that we can't be harmed by it.

Whatever that thing is, it's undeniably present, front on and comes right up into our faces. Is the impulse to get the hell outta there in the face of something utterly bizarre, new and threatening to our pre-existing understanding of reality still directing us on some primal or subconscious level?

It doesn't look or move like anything else ever caught on film but you only have to consider some of the completely implausible explanations that people have thrown up in the past in an attempt to account for it in a safe, mundane manner to see that this surely happens: a bear, a gorilla, a domesticated dog,
a * cough * man in a suit...

Last edited by size_of_light; 30-04-2010 at 07:03 PM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #22
size_of_light

If this guy turned to look at the camera front on and had a dog's face, there'd no longer be any psychological escape clause or crutch to rationalise what we're seeing in our own minds by claiming it's just the fringe of his hair creating an illusory effect. What would then be your first reaction to seeing that?

I can tell you what mine would be: that's got to be a mask or CGI!

Last edited by size_of_light; 30-04-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 30-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
size_of_light

Quote:

If this guy turned to look at the camera front on and had a dog's face, there'd no longer be any psychological escape clause or crutch to rationalise what we're seeing in our own minds by claiming it's just the fringe of his hair creating an illusory effect. What would then be your first reaction to seeing that?

I can tell you what mine would be: that's got to be a mask or CGI!
Why would I think that?

I believe that anyone honest with themselves would surely admit to having the same initial reaction too.

Once again there's that automatic, instinctive tendency to search for a way to rationalise what we're seeing and integrate it into current understanding of what's possible by explaining it away in conventional terms.

Even though I'm very familiar with accounts from ancient to modern times of theriantrophic beings and shapeshifters and extraterrestrials and open to the reality of all those things, seeing a man with a dog's head for real, in my world, causes me to immediately try to seek another interpretation of what I'm seeing because things like that can't be seen.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the key right there:

Things like that can't be seen.

Last edited by size_of_light; 30-04-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 30-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #24
size_of_light

Now most of the boring but important preliminary groundwork is out of the way and you can reflect on all that shit I've written or not, but if you don't you haven't even given yourself the beginnings of a chance to be aware of some of the superficial garbage that can clutter our perceptions regarding this footage and block us from seeing things as they truly are.

The final thing to deal with briefly before I get into the meat and potatoes of all this is the Gable Film as a whole.

As some or most of you are probably aware, there was a MonsterQuest episode that allegedly exposed the film as a hoax, and featured an interview with a guy going by the name Mike Agrusa who then recreated the animal running at the camera by donning a Ghillie camouflage suit.

Simply put, if you're someone who uncritically accepts what was shown in that MonsterQuest episode as the indisputable truth and final word on the Gable Film, you're obviously never going to see anything other than a normal guy named Mikey with long hair concealing his face as he chops wood in the shot this thread is based around.

But if you can accept the possibility that reality tv shows lie, the possibility that television itself is a propaganda medium and the likelihood that any footage that entered the public domain that captured shapeshifting animals and/or humans would probably require a coverup response from the powers that be on the scale of a television show designed to debunk it, then you still have an opportunity to clear your mind and enter into the zen-like state of simplicity and focus required to isolate this individual shot and evaluate it on it's own merits.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Last edited by size_of_light; 30-04-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 30-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #25
size_of_light

The Power of Expectation
Old 01-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #26
size_of_light

Selective Attention Test *

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

(search for 'selective attention test' on youtube and click on the first link if it doesn't show for you above).
* Unless your motive for being here is to undermine an opportunity for others to potentially see something new and incredible in the woodchopping shot of the Gable Film (or to undermine me for personal reasons ) please don't comment on the results of this test. Thanks.

Last edited by size_of_light; 01-05-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #27
size_of_light

Charlie Chaplin Optic Illusion

Quote:
Train yourself to override your conditioing and see the mask correctly by making a conscious effort with repeated viewings.

It's possible despite what the egghead in the clip says.

Last edited by size_of_light; 01-05-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #28
cultofexperience

That was an awesome example.
cultofexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #29
runlikehell
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by don coyote View Post
So, THIS is my nose,..... right?

If that's your nose....

Then this must be the dogs bollocks!
runlikehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #30
jthrale

I'd be convinced if he was doing a handstand on top of a moving truck
jthrale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #31
cultofexperience

I've been playing some "Hidden Picture" video games this evening (Amazing Adventures and Mystery P.I.). If you haven't seen them, there are many hidden images inside the picture and a list of things comes up that you have to locate, like a scavenger hunt of sorts.

Even in that simple example it amazes me how easy it is to hide something in plain sight. Color, shading, geometry, all kinds of things join together to fool your brain.

It is a humbling experience - give it a try and take note of how your eyes and brain can be fooled.
cultofexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #32
size_of_light

Quote:
Schizophrenic Brains Not Fooled by Optical Illusion

Schizophrenia sufferers aren’t fooled by an optical illusion known as the “hollow mask” that the rest of us fall for because connections between the sensory and conceptual areas of their brains might be on the fritz.

In the hollow mask illusion, viewers perceive a concave face (like the back side of a hollow mask) as a normal convex face. The illusion exploits our brain’s strategy for making sense of the visual world: uniting what it actually sees — known as bottom-up processing — with what it expects to see based on prior experience — known as top-down processing.

"Our top-down processing holds memories, like stock models," explains Danai Dima of Hannover Medical University, in Germany, co-author of a study in NeuroImage. "All the models in our head have a face coming out, so whenever we see a face, of course if has to come out."

This powerful expectation overrides visual cues, like shadows and depth information, that indicate anything to the contrary.

But patients with schizophrenia are undeterred by implausibility: They see the hollow face for what it is. About seven out of 1000 Americans suffer from the disease, which is characterized by hallucinations, delusions, and poor planning. Some psychologists believe this dissociation from reality may result from an imbalance between bottom-up and top-down processing — a hypothesis ripe for testing using the hollow mask illusion.

In healthy viewers, the illusion is so powerful that even when aware of the illusion (see video below), they are unable to see the concave face — the mind just flips it back. Though the illusion is strong for faces, it doesn’t work well with other objects, or even with upside-down faces. This bias is likely due to the special relationship we humans have with faces. Many neuroscientists believe we have brain regions dedicated to processing faces, and some brain injuries can leave patients unable to recognize faces, even though their vision and other memories remain intact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbKw0...layer_embedded

Dima and Jonathan Roiser of University College London wanted to understand why people with schizophrenia aren’t fooled. They put 13 schizophrenia patients and 16 healthy control subjects in an fMRI scanner that measures brain activity, and showed them 3D images of concave or convex faces. As expected, all of the schizophrenic patients reported seeing the concave faces, while none of the control subjects did.

Dima and Roiser analyzed the fMRI data using a relatively new technique called dynamic causal modeling, which allowed them to measure how different brain regions were interacting during the task. When healthy subjects looked at the concave faces, connections strengthened between the frontoparietal network, which is involved in top-down processing, and the visual areas of the brain that receive information from the eyes. In patients with schizophrenia, no such strengthening occurred.

Dima thinks when healthy subjects see the illusion, which is somewhat ambiguous, their brains strengthen this connection such that what they expect — a normal face — becomes more influential, overpowering the actual, though unlikely, visual information. Schizophrenia patients, meanwhile, may be unable to modulate this pathway, accepting the concave face as reality.

Schizophrenics aren’t the only ones who see the concave face — people who are drunk or high can also ‘beat’ the illusion. A similar disconnect between what the brain sees and what it expects to see may be occurring during these drug-induced states.

Citation: "Understanding why patients with schizophrenia do not perceive the hollow-mask illusion using dynamic causal modelling" by Danai Dima, Jonathan P. Roiser, Detlef E. Dietrich, Catharina Bonnemann, Heinrich Lanfermann, Hinderk M. Emrich, Wolfgang Dillo, NeuroImage, In Press, Available online 24 March 2009.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...#ixzz0mgmHVwwi

Last edited by size_of_light; 01-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #33
size_of_light

Note the opening paragraph to the above article - it's a classic example of the insidious back-to-front reasoning that is hallmark of establishment science and the pharmaceutical industry:

Quote:
Schizophrenia sufferers aren’t fooled by an optical illusion known as the “hollow mask” that the rest of us fall for because connections between the sensory and conceptual areas of their brains might be on the fritz.
In other words, 'schizophrenia sufferers' who see something accurately are abnormal and their brains are playing up, whereas the rest of us who are fooled into seeing an illusion by top-down processing (based on pre-existing expectations), are normal.

The other quote worthy of note is this:

Quote:
Schizophrenics aren’t the only ones who see the concave face — people who are drunk or high can also ‘beat’ the illusion. A similar disconnect between what the brain sees and what it expects to see may be occurring during these drug-induced states.
You don't need to be 'mentally ill', drunk or high to 'beat the illusion'. All it takes is a little focused awareness and persistence and you can come to see it automatically and effortlessly in it's proper perspective. Somehow I don't imagine this is something those funding the above research would prefer you or I to test, or come to know for ourselves, however.

Last edited by size_of_light; 01-05-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #34
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlikehell View Post

Then this must be the dogs bollocks!

Wouldn't this be the dog's bollocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthrale View Post
It's not about being 'convinced'. That mindset is part of the problem.

It's about potentially un-seeing something that isn't there.

Last edited by size_of_light; 01-05-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #35
don coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthrale View Post
..... And risk getting Parkinson's Disease?

Naah,..... I'll pass on that handstand.

(And it wasn't a truck, it was a panel-van).

Last edited by don coyote; 01-05-2010 at 11:10 PM.
don coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #36
don coyote

I wonder if Walking Sticks ever experience a phobia of marshmallows?
Old 02-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #37
scaredycat

I'll play...is describe color A in relation to color B
Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #38
don coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredycat View Post

Not enough information.

The letter "A" is the exact same color as the letter "B".

However, the square of "A" is a dark gray and the square of "B" is a light gray.

Q: ..... How long is a piece of string?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #39
runlikehell
Inactive

Quote:

Wouldn't this be the dog's bollocks?
No Size Of Light that would be piles (hemorrhoids)
runlikehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #40
sugarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredycat View Post

Both squares are the same colour (only cos i've seen it before though)
I always get my art package out to prove it though
sugarray is offline   Reply With Quote