Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 25-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #81
eisenhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance View Post
Cross bows are quiet and efficient but are cumbersome and slow when loading. They don't compare to a top class p.c.p air rifle taken upto supersonic levels some have got at least 10-14 shot mags for rapid fire applications and when fully tuned to around 40ft lbs they pack enough power to take bricks apart or go straight through 2 inch plywood upto 40 meters.

I will start a thread on air rifles and will add a list of known rifles that can be powered up to sub/supersonic velocity's. Bear in mind though all people in countries such as the u.k it is an offence to take any air rifle above 12 ft lbs, with out an f.a.c.

Hi Resistance,
I was wondering if you started the thread about the air rifles already.
I can't find it anywhere, but i'll be great to know a bit more about the subject(how to, which are the best/easier rifles to mod, etc).
Cheers
'Ike'
eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 06:27 AM   #82
none
Inactive

it is on page 2 of this section ..... you never looked far
just kidding Ike

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34753
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #83
eisenhower

Hi None!
Thanks! (man. i'm blind!
eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #84
armoured_amazon

I think I'm just going to get a traditional bow.

*does a search for archery lessons*

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 26-09-2008 at 03:32 PM.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #85
ubiquitous

howdy doody, ive now got my own log in on this site as ivortheboneless after using my mrs' login(ubiquitous). how would you feel about me doing some threads about everything to do with archery, ie hunting, bowmaking, arrow making everything that ive learnt myself over the past (many!) years. from what ive read , theres a whole lot of misinformation about this most ancient and noble art, along with alot of misunderstandings about air rifles as well( another 20 odd years experience of!).
warmest regards
chris
Old 27-09-2008, 12:16 AM   #86
loderlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
how would you feel about me doing some threads about everything to do with archery
You are an Archer?

People that say, these creatures are imaginary. Then why are we able to eat them.

Freemasons worship the "great architect" of the fake reality enslaving them.

Use your light, and head in the darkness, I don't fear the unknown.

Last edited by loderlive; 27-09-2008 at 12:16 AM.
loderlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 02:22 AM   #87
armoured_amazon

Quote:
howdy doody, ive now got my own log in on this site as ivortheboneless after using my mrs' login(ubiquitous). how would you feel about me doing some threads about everything to do with archery, ie hunting, bowmaking, arrow making everything that ive learnt myself over the past (many!) years. from what ive read , theres a whole lot of misinformation about this most ancient and noble art, along with alot of misunderstandings about air rifles as well( another 20 odd years experience of!).
warmest regards
chris
Yes please
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #88
homebrew1973

I thought about getting a bow too but good ones are way out of my budget so I suppose I`d better learn how to make one, must visit the Royal Armouries museum again soon to look at their extensive collection of bows and crossbows

That`s a thought, have any of you made crossbow bolts at all?
homebrew1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #89
rydeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeezer View Post
Shrubber, in the event of a complete breakdown in our society there would be chaos for quite a long time, perhaps many years, but believe me all those city dwellers are not going to just curl up & die, leaving you to settle down to a nice pastoral existence on your smallholding or whatever.
No, there would be mob rule, warfare over 'valuable territory' (ie places where there are lots of shops), execution for 'looters', harsh punishment for 'hoarders' etc etc. And not just confined to the cities either, gangs would be raiding any easy pickings out in the sticks as well, and that means you.

Many of the weakest in the conurbations would eventually die off perhaps, but that would leave the hardest, the most ruthless, the type of people who already rule in our cities (although the authorities don't like to admit it). And you think they're going to leave you alone..?

And those tinned beans have some major advantages over your planted ones: they don't die from pests & diseases, they can easily be moved from A to B, and they last a bloody long time...
You're partly right I think.

Don't forget a lot of us survivalists already have 'base farms' where we have links, allies etc and enough crossbows and shotguns to more than safeguard the farm and livestock in case of attack

But onto crossbows.

I just bought two from crossbow4u and its a very fearsome beast.

The 180lb Bow did this to concrete at 20 yards having already gone through glass.

Also punch through 1" board with ease at 20 yards.
A manstopper.

Got a custom fabricated and fitted laser targeting system and a red-dot sight.

Very good weapon. Get plenty of spare strings and arrows/bolts.

Just need a sling and a quiver.

Last edited by rydeon; 29-09-2008 at 12:45 AM.
rydeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 12:56 AM   #90
rydeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickwhistler View Post
Depends if you practice or not.
Don't practice and the answer is yes.

The advantage with a crossbow is that it is easier for a
relatively untrained person to be accurate enough to .....

I shoot 40lb take-down re curve for club target practice,
with all the rods, weights and balances etc and have actually
won competitions, and came 6th to a national champion,
only 60 points in between us, so I'm a bit good
I also have my own target range of 50 metres to play in.

I also shoot a 70lb Grozer recurve one piece bare bow.

If gnats had nuts, I could shoot the left or right one at 18 metres,
with the target bow.
The Grozer = not so accurate, but lots of fun, and quicker to get to use,
grouping within say 5 cm at 18 metres.

Both the above take practice everyday.
At least 3 dozen arrows every day!
Even a couple of days away = larger grouping
e.g. from a tea plate to a dinner plate at 50 metres.

I also have a crossbow - 150lb.
I'm not too fussed over the accuracy because it's fun,
and other people can get on target with it fairly quickly
i.e. 10 minutes practice, and they can shoot it well enough.

A bow takes a lot longer to get as good.

Also if you're going hunting,
when you draw the bow, I'll bet your prey goes away.
The crossbow can be cocked for hours, and shot without
any movement from you - except your finger

So - horses for courses!
The crossbow won't take anywhere near the practice a bow will.
So if you haven't got time to shoot a bow every day,
a crossbow can be left for weeks, and you'll still either
hit or get a near miss, which may be good enough
e.g. a shot to the shoulder may hit the head or abdomen.
If you stay within say 50 metres, the arrow/bolt travels
faster than the speed of sound, so the target won't hear the twang.

Two other points.
1) Hunting with bows is illegal in the UK.

2) Don't shoot a bird in a tree unless you like climbing
'cos it'll get pinned there - you'll lose your arrow/bolt and yer supper
If you had to shoot a bird in a tree - use a blunt to knock it out
of the tree, and collect it from the ground.

To make crossbow bolts, use an aluminium arrow.
Cut it in half. You now have 2 bolts.
One with a pointy end, the other with vanes.
Buy another pointy bit for the vane ended one
and break the nock off.
Buy a nock and vanes for the pointy ended bolt.
Fit according to need.

Or ... see evilbay.
Not a bad post, but I disagree with the poster who mentioned crossbows aren't a wise choice for SITX etc.

Compound bows I would not choose as a survival weapon, they are complex and good for a shooting competition and field maintenance is difficult.
A Recurve crossbow, however, is a lot more easy-to-maintain. Just have a spare prod and about 5 spare strings.

BUT, hunting is only illegal in England and Wales. In Scotland and the borders it is more of a gray area
Old 29-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #91
none
Inactive

Quote:
warmest regards
chris
That would be brilliant Chris. I look forward to reading and copying and printing your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydeon View Post
Not a bad post, but I disagree with the poster who mentioned crossbows aren't a wise choice for SITX etc.

Compound bows I would not choose as a survival weapon, they are complex and good for a shooting competition and field maintenance is difficult.
A Recurve crossbow, however, is a lot more easy-to-maintain. Just have a spare prod and about 5 spare strings.

BUT, hunting is only illegal in England and Wales. In Scotland and the borders it is more of a gray area
Hmmm well, I'll struggle on by with the compound for now as I can't afford anything else untill well into next year .... I will get a recurve though.
I thought bow hunting was illegal in Scotland as well, that's what all the hunting and fishing types I know think as well .... I will need to look into this .... not that it being illegal is going to stop me anyway

Last edited by none; 29-09-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 29-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #92
rydeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by none View Post
That would be brilliant Chris. I look forward to reading and copying and printing your posts.

Hmmm well, I'll struggle on by with the compound for now as I can't afford anything else untill well into next year .... I will get a recurve though.
I thought bow hunting was illegal in Scotland as well, that's what all the hunting and fishing types I know think as well .... I will need to look into this .... not that it being illegal is going to stop me anyway
Good attitude man, I like it.
The rules of the government are not the laws of man in most cases anyway!
We'll have to get a group hooked up and out hunting some time.
Old 30-09-2008, 06:21 AM   #93
none
Inactive

I'm in
I get paid off this week (finally, after getting 2 reprieves) and myself and my brother are going to go out and see what we can get with his air rifles, our crossbows and the Food For Free book. Hopefully it will make being on the dole more satisfying than normal.
Old 30-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #94
the itinerant shrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by none View Post
I'm in
I get paid off this week (finally, after getting 2 reprieves) and myself and my brother are going to go out and see what we can get with his air rifles, our crossbows and the Food For Free book. Hopefully it will make being on the dole more satisfying than normal.
Good for you mate. You'll learn so much by just doing it,put yourself well ahead of most of the other people in the survival stakes and going out and getting your own food is the biggest kick in the balls you can give to our wannabe slave masters.
Good hunting.
the itinerant shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #95
brokenshadow

Please don't consider a crossbow for self defense. It's rubbish. If they come for you it will be with an armed squad and a single bolt won't even penetrate a single piece of armour. All you would do is get yourself killed and then get crossbows banned by talking like this.
The only useful form of defense is good information and a reasonable plan of escape.
Having said that, airguns and crossbows are excellent tools for survival. They are both quiet (airguns only compared to firearms) and cheap to run and can be very powerful. In the case of a crossbow the power it pretty fixed but in airguns I have heard of different gas like helium being used with larger calibres and power outputs rivaling firearms. Of course such a thing is not legal in the UK but they are good training tools and useful for dealing with small pests.