Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 07-10-2016, 06:55 PM   #121
paddy_blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberleaf View Post
At height of winter Paddy , take your duvet to main room in the evenings and go to bed early.

Going to bed early, does not mean you don't do anything., you just do it all from the comfort of the warm bed. ie Bed picnics.

winter hobbies - I used to make my patchwork quilts in the winter, lots of extra fabric over you whilst you sew. Keeps you toasty.
Thanks amberleaf. Yeah, I already find myself hibernating in the duvet. Hopefully I can keep busy enough to keep warm too.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #122
amberleaf

The advice they used to give to old folks (not saying you are old but that it is a money saving tiip) is to heat only one room. But you might get damp if the other rooms are permanently cold and that's bad for you. So open the windows during the day to air the place for at least some of the time and spend your daytime in the very generously heated public buildings - libraries etc., (That's what I used to do)

Nowadays I shove the heating on for an hour in the evenings and we dress for winter and keep doors closed but we still go to bed early. I'd like to put a wood burning stove in as we have a firepalce but the quote was in the thousands and we are in private rent. The house is f*king freezing most of the year round.

I have heavy curtains and warm colours for winter but it's still an awful thought

Liked 2,000,000 Times in 100 Posts

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
amberleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #123
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
I'm a Brit myself , J .... and grew up in one of those houses , now I've escaped, looking back , it all seems so surreal and funny/sad ...

At least it's not cold where I am, that's the main reason I left.
Escaped! ha! Alcatraz UK ,,,

I hope it's great wherever you are! The one that got away!

Meanwhile back in the UK We just suffer!

But, amazingly, many people can't get to the UK fast enough! Must be 'coz of the weather!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #124
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
It's that time of the year.
When are you going to start lighting up?
Time to light it is master elshaper!

size o' that one!

Old 07-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #125
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
Thanks amberleaf. Yeah, I already find myself hibernating in the duvet. Hopefully I can keep busy enough to keep warm too.
Make it so that you get plenty of sleeps each day to practice lucid dreaming.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:19 PM   #126
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
Thanks for your advice Oz, however you do live in a tropical climate.

I'm looking for any advice from someone closer to home, preferably in Blighty. I am facing real hardship this winter and am looking for practical advice on clothing, tips and minimal temperatures I can get away with.

Thanks.
Welcome to the Club.
This is my 7th year running.
Just wear layers like t-shirt, another top, cardigan or jumper, fleecy jacket, fleesy blanket. Hat and gloves are handy too.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:20 PM   #127
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Mine are all set up and ready to go.

The question is, how long can you wait out?
Old 11-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #128
elshaper
Inactive

OK, so flowerpot lit as of today. A bit early but the room temprature is 16C.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:24 AM   #129
oz93666

Quote:
You can use a bin bag if short of money.

Steppe will show you HOW TO exactly.... (block light out of your room)
OMG This is not good ... He's doing this "so he can sleep in in the morning!!"

If there's is one thing that's more important than heat it's light ... people in northern latitudes don't get enough light ... this leads to depression and early death ...

Oh ... isn't that what happened to stepwar ?....Dahh!!

Get long johns , and layers of cloths on , and get out in the sunlight , don't barackade yourself in a room with CO emitting candles.

http://

I had to watch that video again !!!...It's hard to believe someone could be so off track !!! Very funny , and very sad!!!

Thank goodness we don't have people like that on this forum.

The comments on this video are also sidesplitters , this one is the first comment on Youtube ...

"You're that twat steppenwar off that nutty david icke site ain't you? The barmy bastard with the death cars outside your house? fucking nut job! You wanna get a job instead of sponging off your parents you no mark! Fancy boasting you get £100 a week pocket off two pensioners cos you're too lazy to get a proper job, but get pissed every day on home brew, you fucking loser!?"

Last edited by oz93666; 12-10-2016 at 09:25 AM.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:35 AM   #130
kizzie
Registered Users

I have onsies for the winter (with hood) .. thermals under that. and good to go.. I find if you cover with a blanket then you just do not want to move around.

Please do open curtains in the daytime .. As oz says its not good to not let light in. ( depressed people get more depressed and I always notice they never open curtains, I was the same ) also keep one window open, does not have to be fully open for good fresh air. it wont be colder. My bedroom window is open all year round. so I have fresh air while sleeping.
I also have a electric under blanket that I turn on a hour before bed and turn off when I am in it.. its good as it cools down you fall asleep. I have a good duvet and always sleep nudie. I have a fleeze dressing gown that I put on as I get up and that keeps my body heat in.. I put heating on first thing in the morning as I get up.. and then turn off once I have had my coffee and dressed.

Also go out for a walk before bed. helps sleep and gets you much needed fresh air.. when you come in jump in your warm snugly bed.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #131
cosmic tramp

Quote:

The question is, how long can you wait out?
Wait out for what ?
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #132
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Wait out for what ?
Before lighting up.

I've already lit it the other day when it went down to 16C.
Today's been ok though.
Old 30-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #133
elshaper
Inactive

Guys,
Don't buy tealights from Tesco. I bought them for £2 for 100, same price as Wilko and the wick is crap that it doesn't burn as hot as Wilko one and it extinguishes a half way through leaving loads of wax. Stick to Wilko brand tealights.
Old 30-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #134
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Before lighting up.

I've already lit it the other day when it went down to 16C.
Today's been ok though.
Oh I see, I thought you may have been referring to things deep and meaningful....oh well.

Erm. I've had mine on past coupla weeks but I've also been cheating as I've got a butane gas camping stove which comes out now and again as a room heater and kekkle boiler, my little tea face !

Don't forget to enter the Wilkinsons £100 voucher competition on the Freebies galore thread. It's good is Wilko innit...bit like Woolworths used to be.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 30-12-2016 at 03:29 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 05:41 PM   #135
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberleaf View Post
The advice they used to give to old folks (not saying you are old but that it is a money saving tiip) is to heat only one room. But you might get damp if the other rooms are permanently cold and that's bad for you. So open the windows during the day to air the place for at least some of the time and spend your daytime in the very generously heated public buildings - libraries etc., (That's what I used to do)

Nowadays I shove the heating on for an hour in the evenings and we dress for winter and keep doors closed but we still go to bed early. I'd like to put a wood burning stove in as we have a firepalce but the quote was in the thousands and we are in private rent. The house is f*king freezing most of the year round.

I have heavy curtains and warm colours for winter but it's still an awful thought
It need not cost so much to have a stove fitted, I did my own for 250 quid.

You can get a pucker chimney liner from BES, see here

https://www.bes.co.uk/products/174.asp#21532

You don't need a HEATAS engineer, just a competent person according to the rules if one wishes to follow them anyway.

If you do your homework correctly you can buy the gear and get someone like me to fit it for your. It should cost tops 300 for the gear minus the stove, and you don't need extra vents as long as you stay below 5 KW.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #136
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Oh I see, I thought you may have been referring to things deep and meaningful....oh well.

Erm. I've had mine on past coupla weeks but I've also been cheating as I've got a butane gas camping stove which comes out now and again as a room heater and kekkle boiler, my little tea face !

Don't forget to enter the Wilkinsons £100 voucher competition on the Freebies galore thread. It's good is Wilko innit...bit like Woolworths used to be.
I don't do competition entry because I know it is a means to gain your information so that they can sell your details to other companies. I used to be in online marketing so I should know. Used to giveaway many.

Last edited by elshaper; 30-12-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #137
elshaper
Inactive

I know this is too early but in case you want to try.

How to save the cost of candle heater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
During winter I put one drop of colloidal iodine in a glass of water so I don't feel so cold.