Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Other News

Old 22-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #41
moonflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannie27 View Post
Its been said by onlookers the Driver was slumped over the wheel of the truck ,Heart attack maybe ?and his foot pressed down .
Another witness said he thought the driver looked like he was having a fit? I'm not going down any conspiracy route here but if the driver was ill and out of control I find it strange he got right along the road without hitting a parked car yet methodically knocking down pedestrians then right through a busy junction, then another and then into the station concourse.

M
moonflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #42
blackyblue

Quote:
Its been said by onlookers the Driver was slumped over the wheel of the truck ,Heart attack maybe ?and his foot pressed down .
Impossible.
I have a lorry license and you cannot hit 70mph without changing up gears, and he would not have been going along that road in top gear at any point before he had the heart attack. Its a small narrow congested road, would have been in a low gear.
It's not a go kart, it is a huge massive bin lorry, was not made for speed....You could not do 70mph along George Square during the day...
Also the bin lorry probably has a speed limiter that would not allow it to go over 60.
And anyhow, if it was doing 70mph, then this will be the reading on his Tachograph.
Police will know already exactly what speed he was doing, and what revs, its all recorded in the Tacho

There is no defence against an evil which only the victims and the perpetrators know exists.

Last edited by blackyblue; 22-12-2014 at 07:10 PM.
blackyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #43
blackyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower View Post
Another witness said he thought the driver looked like he was having a fit? I'm not going down any conspiracy route here but if the driver was ill and out of control I find it strange he got right along the road without hitting a parked car yet methodically knocking down pedestrians then right through a busy junction, then another and then into the station concourse.

M
And apparently he done this at 70mph.
How he got to 70mph is a phenomena considering he would also have to move up gears..Also given the fact you would not be able to get to 70mph on George Square..
The reason that Lorries are limited to 50mph on some roads is because they are prone to toppling, yet this guy managed 70mph racing through junctions and obviously swerving, and did this without toppling...Must have been James Bond

There is no defence against an evil which only the victims and the perpetrators know exists.

Last edited by blackyblue; 22-12-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 22-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #44
whatsinaname

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackyblue View Post
Impossible.
I have a lorry license and you cannot hit 70mph with changing gears, and he would not have been going along that road in top gear at any point before he had the heart attack. Its a small narrow congested road, would have been in a low gear.
It's not a go kart
Automatic?

And i'd discard the 70mph report. Even travelling at 30mph, it would appear to be going a speed.
whatsinaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #45
blackyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
Automatic?

And i'd discard the 70mph report. Even travelling at 30mph, it would appear to be going a speed.
30 mph i can believe, 70 i cannot.
And i am speaking from experience.
Lorry driving is my second occupation and i just cannot see how it would be possible to get to 70mph on George square in a Lorry.
It would look absolutely ridiculous to say the least, a lorry doing 70mph along George square. Jeeeez
Also lorries have speed limiters usually that would not even allow them to get to 70.
I suspect the people coming out with the 70mph story dont have driving licenses and have no actual judge of speed

Last edited by blackyblue; 22-12-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 22-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #46
thirty3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frase View Post
How can a bin lorry be travelling at 70 MPH in a busy city centre??
It might make it on the motorway but would not be suprised if it was limited to 60 anyway.

But 70mph in a city centre...lol

The tacograph will give a good speed indicator

damn beaten by blacky ....hahaha

Last edited by thirty3; 22-12-2014 at 07:10 PM.
thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #47
limesub79
Premier Subscribers

A police spokesperson says 7 people seriously injured but that figure might rise???

is the lorry going to reverse back down Queen Street at 70 mph fucking hell, how many seriously injured folk haven't come forward or been discovered!

70mph is a complete twats exaggeration of it. In a straight line through busy traffic. Achieving 70 mph on a motorway takes a while...and lots of tarmac space

Im just shocked only six were reportedly killed as I know how many idiotic people just walk on the road in Glasgow as if they were indestructible to tons of high speed metal objects.

David Cameron is being kept briefed about the major incident though so thank fuck for that at least
Old 22-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #48
blackyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by limesub View Post
A police spokesperson says 7 people seriously injured but that figure might rise???

is the lorry going to reverse back down Queen Street at 70 mph fucking hell, how many seriously injured folk haven't come forward or been discovered!

70mph is a complete twats exaggeration of it. In a straight line through busy traffic. Achieving 70 mph on a motorway takes a while...and lots of tarmac space

Im just shocked only six were reportedly killed as I know how many idiotic people just walk on the road in Glasgow as if they were indestructible to tons of high speed metal objects.

David Cameron is being kept briefed about the major incident though so thank fuck for that at least
7 injured??
There are 6 dead

Old 22-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #49
limesub79
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackyblue View Post
7 injured??
There are 6 dead
I understand that. I was only talking about injured. I doubt the instantaneous death toll will rise.

Last edited by limesub; 22-12-2014 at 07:54 PM.
limesub79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #50
herbes

what a sad day , for all, eye witnesses would of seen it go past a a very fast speed no knowing its acutall speed but knowing 70mph looks fast, and its poor reporting when sky needs to get the moment of impact from near by people that still would be in shock from it all , shame on them ,( i for one wouldnt entertain any of them in a situation like this) let them now r.i.p

YOU ARE NOT FREE BY BEING ON HERE
herbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #51
amberleaf

was in a nearby street when it happened as we were just leaving city centre. OH had to pull in to let ambulances past on their way to scene. 3 emergency vehicles and a chopper in the air we saw. Didnt find out til later what had happened.

Feel very sorry for the families involved and to everyone who witnessed it.
amberleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #52
pinkneon
Inactive

Such a horrible event at a super busy time. I read the driver was receiving medical care but I can't imagine what they are going through at this time.

Poor families and children. So very sad. RIP.
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #53
blackyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieapple View Post
What a terrible tragedy when families are out getting last minute presents. So sad.

It sounds peculiar that the lorry careered 100 yards and straight. Is it down hill?
Why is it strange?
Even uphill, unless you break or put the car into neutral, while a Lorry, or car, is still in gear it will carry on going until something, like a car or brickwall, stops it.
You dont need to have the foot on the accelerator to move forward.
You can also speed up without accelerating simply by moving up a gear, so depending upon what gear you are in it is perfectly possible to actually go faster as oppossed to slower when taking your foot off the brake or the clutch

But, by the fact it only travelled 100yards before stopping is proof it was not doing 70mph..At 70mph it would cover 100yards in a split second and could not simply go from doing 70 to a thundering halt...
Have you ever felt what a heavy lorry feels like when breaking? it drags on a little more than cars, that is why we are instructed to be deaccelerating and slowing long before other traffic.

Also, for anyone saying that the driver would have been in Neutral, or should have been, then, no, he would not have been nor should he have been.
Unlike with cars, in a lorry, it is a driving test failure to free wheel and a Lorry driver must always be in gear unless stationary as he requires to have his gear in a low gear while in built up areas in order to help bring the truck to a standstill by dropping down the four low gears while braking.
Also, unlike in a car, braking in a Lorry is a gradual process and not a sudden one, and there is little in the way of emergency stops

Last edited by blackyblue; 22-12-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 23-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #54
getagrip
Inactive

Moderators Note:

I have removed some posts from this thread discussing 'conspiracy theories' regarding this incident which can be found here - out of respect for the people involved in this tragedy please use the new thread to continue discussing your theories.
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 03:48 AM   #55
shakerr

RIP x

Does anyone think somehow this happened because what happened 3 days ago in France?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/1...0K01Q120141222
Old 23-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #56
grannie27

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberleaf View Post
was in a nearby street when it happened as we were just leaving city centre. OH had to pull in to let ambulances past on their way to scene. 3 emergency vehicles and a chopper in the air we saw. Didnt find out til later what had happened.

Feel very sorry for the families involved and to everyone who witnessed it.

Tragic story Do you know the area ? I read this comment and wondered what this woman meant

"Those poor families, ripped apart. However, I am wondering how a lorry could turn right, then mount the pavement - on the left, then thunder along the pavement, coming to a set of traffic lights which meet St. Vincent Steet - a busy junction with nose to tail traffic - cross over that busy junction and continue on the road/pavement and meet another junction - George Street, before veering right into the hotel. Just wondering."

Sounds like she knows the area .
grannie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #57
old_stag

There is a busy junction the lorry would have had to cross. My guess is the green man was on at the time, and by being on the pavement, the lorry missed the traffic waiting at the lights in Queen Street.
"I know corries in Argyll that whisper silken to the wind with juicy grasses. Corries where the deer love to prance deep in the cool dew and the beasts of far-off woods come in bands at their seasons and together rejoice." from John Splendid by Neil Munro
old_stag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #58
alf hearted
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkneon View Post
Such a horrible event at a super busy time. I read the driver was receiving medical care but I can't imagine what they are going through at this time.

Poor families and children. So very sad. RIP.
It's what happens when welfare cutbacks and an unfair economy force people who aren't really fit back into the workplace. I smell Cuntain Smith's hands all over this incident.
alf hearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #59
pinochio
Banned

Eyewitnesses said the lorry driver had been "slumped over his wheel".

Glasgow City Council confirmed that three employees were in the lorry before the crash.

George Ieronymdis, owner of the Elia Greek Restaurant on George Square, said he had been told that some of the bin lorry's crew were seen jumping from the vehicle and holding their heads in their hands, looking devastated.
Police have confirmed that the dead included five females and one male and said 10 others people, including the driver, were injured.

A statement posted on the Bramalea CeItic supporters club Facebook page said: "It is with great shock and sadness we share with you our friend and past president Jack Sweeney, his wife Lorraine and granddaughter Erin were victims of today's tragedy in Glasgow.

"Our thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends of the Sweeney family."

Mr Sweeney and his wife Lorraine are understood to be an elderly couple. Their granddaughter Erin was believed to be in her teens.

Of the 10 casualties, four have since been discharged, while six others remain in hospital. Two casualties are in an intensive therapy unit.
pinochio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #60
bellahunter

Quote:
Exactly my thought.

Happened to a chap who got spinal injuries amongst other multiple injuries before dying three weeks later.
bellahunter is offline   Reply With Quote