Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke's books

Old 01-10-2016, 07:45 PM   #21
serpentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by markritter View Post
....I wonder if David would like to be seen as a person who converts people

I think he would be happy being seen as someone who got others to think.

To initiate a sea change in others without cruelty and violence is one of best legacies we can leave and to counter the way of seeing that we are educated with as we grow up is difficult starts with challenging this. Planting seeds by offering an alternative view hopefully gets some taking an active part in making a difference and maybe in others something more that goes beyond that of just taking an alternate viewpoint.

Thinking with intensity and persistence even with subjects that appear complete opaque or even daft and those loaded with esoteric meaning can sometimes trigger a tingling sensation in the forehead behind the eyes indicative of a real change.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:57 AM   #22
tommorgan

Default The splinter in your mind

You would have to have if not conscious motivations then unconscious motivations if you are attracted to occultism or esotericism or the paranormal is what I reckon. I wanted the answer but explaining the dynamical universe can only be done if ideas are understood in context is where I am at. From this perspective understanding the universe is analogous to looking into a kaleidoscope, reflections upon reflections, and describing what patterns you make of it and perhaps writing a book about it.
tommorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:47 AM   #23
the tealady
Forum Advisor

It's the bringing together of a vast amount of information that helps to explain why we have been feeling that the hokey-pokey isn't what it's all about - and bringing people together who understand that, even if we don't all agree about everything.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:31 AM   #24
tommorgan

Post Lost cause

What we believe probably has to do with our temporal and spatial experiences and therefore mind set but probably also temperament and genes and other intrapersonal and interpersonal factors. I envy people who are convinced that 1 + 1 = 3 as it would make for no infighting if we agreed about every thing. And we could concentrate metaphysical and physical energies on outfighting, nonviolently, for the cause. Not that I remember what is the cause.
tommorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #25
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
Does it matter?
Of course. We need numbers and preaching to the choir isn't going to do that.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:31 AM   #26
george1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
I mean, before you read of Icke where you pure and innocent regarding conspiracy theories/supernatural/spirtitual stuff?

Or is it that we all were into that stuff already before he came along?
The first thing that got me into conspiracy theories was 9/11 long time ago. I used to listen to a lot of Alex Jones but stopped like 7 years ago because I believe Alex Jones is a tool and he's kinda annoying too, always fear mongering and stuff, I'm surprised David icke goes on his show.

But anyways, I read portions of two of ickes books and really liked what I read. It seems true to me. Or at least it's the CLOSEST to the truth.
george1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #27
spoons

Location: A crumbling shithole subject to the will of a delusional control freak from afar.

Verified and expanded on a lot of things I already figured out, added coisiderably more to the mix. Converted? No, I always thought the world was fucked up.

In understanding the "how and why" about so much of this, I can only let others figure it out for themselves for telling them will only make them run further away from understanding.
spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:41 PM   #28
paddy_blake

Two things got me interested in questioning reality:

Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World (TV Series & Book) in 1980:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur...sterious_World

And the weekly magazine series The Unexplained also in 1980:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unexplained_(magazine)
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #29
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
Does it matter?
I think you matter TL.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:49 PM   #30
raburgeson

I was well on the way to where I am now. David kind of filled in a couple of gaps for me. The reptilian serious reports coming out of Australia swayed me long before I read his stuff. There is a cave in Australia that you do not come back out of! need I say more. Then they collected the guns. We lost a whole continent in my opinion. This is not news to party over.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:01 PM   #31
the apprentice
Inactive

As a new father for the second time in my life this speach so many years ago lit the candle in the wind of reality, the words, the things that people do to each other resonated like no other, the first cries of a new born placed my gears into motion in a climate just beginning to go pear shaped.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ET9cnj...esearch=always

Of the many candles lit since then and now have expired, one is still burning stronger that ever.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:00 PM   #32
stevebell

I can't remember how I woke up, was sometime around my 30th, weird shit in the world stood out to me, started reading and shit, stuff happened, got more into it, now so fucking far down the rabbit hole can't get away from it.

Icke speaks a lot of sense, dude is on a mission I think. Christ knows how he's still alive. Most truthers get executed.
stevebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:49 PM   #33
cpgagie

Covert me into and from what? I haven't been converted in any sense of the word. I've aged and hopefully got a bit wiser, that's about it.

Icke (while I find interesting) hasn't changed me at all, he's just another guy on the Planet as far as I'm concerned. This very thread and it's wording stinks of cult following. Nobody represents me, they never have, never will, nor should they.

Last edited by cpgagie; 10-11-2016 at 12:02 AM.
cpgagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:43 AM   #34
Enki1

I think everybody is awake deep inside. Everybody knows... they just need a tricker. My alarm clock was Zecharia Sitchin back in the 90's. I few years later I tought I kwew a lot off the acient times.... I feel stuck. And like a light at the and off the tunnel I found DI. This man didn't convert me. This man told me, don't belief what I say. But almost all the information he spread is very genuine to me. He was like a catalysis to me.
Enki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:05 AM   #35
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgagie View Post
Covert me into and from what? I haven't been converted in any sense of the word. I've aged and hopefully got a bit wiser, that's about it.

Icke (while I find interesting) hasn't changed me at all, he's just another guy on the Planet as far as I'm concerned. This very thread and it's wording stinks of cult following. Nobody represents me, they never have, never will, nor should they.
All I'm asking is were you a fan of the supernatural/conspiracy theory kind of thing before you found Icke. And you think that's cultish? Ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #36
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enki1 View Post
I think everybody is awake deep inside. Everybody knows... they just need a tricker. My alarm clock was Zecharia Sitchin back in the 90's. I few years later I tought I kwew a lot off the acient times.... I feel stuck. And like a light at the and off the tunnel I found DI. This man didn't convert me. This man told me, don't belief what I say. But almost all the information he spread is very genuine to me. He was like a catalysis to me.
Yeah so Icke didn't convert you. You were already interested in this kind of thing.
Old 13-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #37
equinoxboy

Quote:
All I'm asking is were you a fan of the supernatural/conspiracy theory kind of thing before you found Icke. And you think that's cultish? Ridiculous.
You do have a way with words, Fudgetusk. What is the significant difference between fan, which is short for fanatic, and cultish?

With reference to your original question;

In the early 90's, during a vision, I encountered David Icke, along with other people who I took the vision to be pointing towards as people who could have a significant part in my future.

As I have mentioned in another thread today, I now question where such information comes from and hope I am becoming better at making my own decisions, rather than just blindly following every Tom, Dick(e) or Harry who turns up in a vision. I did walk a path which was close to David for a while and appreciate those times.

There are many catalysts for awakening. It may be that you hear a strident alarm, which David has clearly been sounding. Or, you may just be rested and ready to wake up.

Love
equinoxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 07:54 AM   #38
Rose1221

What wakes people up is consciousness arising on the planet. You're either susceptible to it, or not yet. No human can convert or wake you up. There has to be the glimmer of awakening there in you already, that others can then stimulate.

If anyone was in complete shut-down, they would hear or read Icke's claims, think 'lol what baloney, he's mad that bloke' then never think about it again.

If someone has begun the process, naturally and organically on their own with their soul, of disconnecting from the mass unconsciousness, that process is irreversible. In that case, you hear someone talking about other dimensions and a part of you recognises that truth, so you look into it further. But that is in YOU. And you would have explored it anyway.

Who or what converted Icke? Consciousness. He got a glimmer of awakening then explored it, researched.

David Icke and people like him to do not orchestrate or create that in people. He speaks to people who have already begun to pull away from the zombie state, and gives them further ideas to expand into or move away from, as their inner compass dictates.

You can't convert people to places they're not already leaning towards.
Rose1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #39
fudgetusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose1221 View Post
What wakes people up is consciousness arising on the planet. You're either susceptible to it, or not yet. No human can convert or wake you up. There has to be the glimmer of awakening there in you already, that others can then stimulate.

If anyone was in complete shut-down, they would hear or read Icke's claims, think 'lol what baloney, he's mad that bloke' then never think about it again.

If someone has begun the process, naturally and organically on their own with their soul, of disconnecting from the mass unconsciousness, that process is irreversible. In that case, you hear someone talking about other dimensions and a part of you recognises that truth, so you look into it further. But that is in YOU. And you would have explored it anyway.

Who or what converted Icke? Consciousness. He got a glimmer of awakening then explored it, researched.

David Icke and people like him to do not orchestrate or create that in people. He speaks to people who have already begun to pull away from the zombie state, and gives them further ideas to expand into or move away from, as their inner compass dictates.

You can't convert people to places they're not already leaning towards.
But Icke needs to be converting people. There are only a small number of people he can preach to if he is only preaching to the already converted. I would guess that he's already reached 99% of those already, hence his readership. If this is going to grow and MEAN SOMETHING he needs to be cracking those people with no previous interest in the subject.
Old 15-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #40
Enki1

Quote:
Yeah so Icke didn't convert you. You were already interested in this kind of thing.
probably yes
Enki1 is offline   Reply With Quote