Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Other News

Old 10-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
the worm that returned

Default Who is Sovereign, people/state(nation)/queen?

In an interview I heard today on Radio 5 at about 6 pm the interviewee said that the true purpose of the Scottish referendum was to transfer the sovereignty back to the people of Scotland.

That is very interesting to me, as it suggests that it is presumed (by some at least) that the people of Scotland (and the rest of the people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland) are currently not sovereign, and have therefore relinquished said sovereignty.

So what does that all mean? Well this guy has, in my opinion, admitted what all in the establishment already know, and that is that people are effectively "slaves" (or subjects if you prefer) by not claiming their individual sovereignty.

You are sovereign though, all of you, despite what anyone may tell you. You are a slave to no one. Never forget that.

Interestingly the woman who likes to call herself the Queen believes she will remain the Sovereign head of Scotland regardless of the outcome of the referendum.

Strange times!

And before this is moved from here, it is news as I heard it all today on the BBC
the worm that returned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
jake_ball

I dont think that the person on the radio meant that thePEOPLE would have sovereignty, he will have meant a sovereign government.

But yes we all are sovereign individuals, unless of course we choose to be slaves, and sadly (due to fear) we have chosen the latter.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
the worm that returned

I appreciate what you are saying but how can a government be sovereign? It is not a real thing. Is it?
Old 10-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #4
sambrokyl

It means it controls itself, governs itself without any outside interference.
sambrokyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by the worm that returned View Post
I appreciate what you are saying but how can a government be sovereign? It is not a real thing. Is it?
The people cannot be sovereign if they choose to be governed.

But yes you are right that a "government" is not a real thing and therefore cannot be sovereign REALLY, but I think that what sambrokyl is right, and I would also say that the word "sovereign" tends to be used very loosely, for example in the context of a "sovereign nation".
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
grandmasterp
Banned

Yep, it's sloppy short hand for 'self governing'.
Whatever the outcome of next week's vote it'll still be feckin' politicians running the show.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
gremlin

Yeap, the scottish have there own currency. They will be a sovereign country. But how long will they stand before they fall?

David cameron pleading not to break up the union, reverse that, he want's it.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Yep, it's sloppy short hand for 'self governing'.
Whatever the outcome of next week's vote it'll still be feckin' politicians running the show.
Then it will be corporations running the show.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:53 PM   #9
gremlin

Yes vote could force Queen to appoint Australian-style governor general

Queen Elizabeth may have to appoint a representative if Scotland votes Yes
Buckingham Palace says she will not be drawn into independence debate
Queen is head of state in 16 countries outside UK, such as Canada

Who could this be?

It's not Tony blair is it?

Quote:
A spokesman for the Monarch said she was ‘above politics’ and dismissed suggestions that she should publicly intervene in the referendum campaign.
But yet sits there watching evil dictate to the world. She has the power to stop it. In on it she is.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:54 PM   #10
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post

+1
Business as usual.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #11
dentedarthur
Banned

Quote:
Corporations are people too, y'know
dentedarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #12
grandmasterp
Banned

Large organisations mainly consist of people behaving rather badly.
Organisations seem to have that effect on otherwise rational people.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:37 AM   #13
relentless

Quote:
Yeap, the scottish have there own currency. They will be a sovereign country. But how long will they stand before they fall?
Do they have a Scottish central bank? or do they get their currency from the BOE?
Old 11-09-2014, 01:56 AM   #14
herzmeister

I'd assume the "official" issue is that not The People of Scotland, but The People of Great Britain are in control there.

Behind the scenes though, we all know the sham. After the middle ages where religion and aristocracy had ruled, the "Age of Enlightenment" (hence "The Illuminati") were all about finding and implementing the methodologies that would give "The People" the illusion that they're in control.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:02 AM   #15
deadhawk

Default who is sovereign ?

Mankind
deadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #16
the worm that returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhawk View Post
Mankind
Disco!

A nation, a government, a state, a Queen isn't sovereign. They are not real things.

Only man is capable of being sovereign. Fear is used to control people and convince them that they are not sovereign (divine).

The self serving establishment relies on fear, intimidation and force to control, with "laws" like sedition and treason to previously murder (but now lock up) slave subjects.

Lovely bunch.

I hope the people of Scotland, Wales, England etc wake up soon and change things
Old 12-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #17
anacoluthon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the worm that returned View Post
In an interview I heard today on Radio 5 at about 6 pm the interviewee said that the true purpose of the Scottish referendum was to transfer the sovereignty back to the people of Scotland.

That is very interesting to me, as it suggests that it is presumed (by some at least) that the people of Scotland (and the rest of the people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland) are currently not sovereign, and have therefore relinquished said sovereignty.

So what does that all mean? Well this guy has, in my opinion, admitted what all in the establishment already know, and that is that people are effectively "slaves" (or subjects if you prefer) by not claiming their individual sovereignty.

You are sovereign though, all of you, despite what anyone may tell you. You are a slave to no one. Never forget that.

Interestingly the woman who likes to call herself the Queen believes she will remain the Sovereign head of Scotland regardless of the outcome of the referendum.

Strange times!

And before this is moved from here, it is news as I heard it all today on the BBC
Soverignty is a very specific term and fits perfectly, meaning a state has the full right and power to govorn itself without any interference from outside agencies.

While you could easily argue, with corporations and lobby groups, this is muddied, it simply means that the Scottish people will govorn themselves without hinderance of UK polity.

The confusion lies in capitalisation. The Soverign (ie, The Queen) is the Head of State, while soverignty describes the position - much like Conservative and conservative or Liberal and liberal.

This is why the govorner of the Bank of England stated that currency union is incompatible with soverignty. Scotland, if they kept the Pound would be subservient to a foreign nation still as the Bank of England would hold its purse strings - tell it how it could and could not spend its money.

To me, this has been the major flaw for the Yes campaign.
anacoluthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #18
dystopian_future

True and complete independence over your affairs isn't possible unless you close your borders, stop trading and try to ignore the outside world. It's a global world and every country is subject to pressures from outside. The UK as it is isn't immune to that either. We've been the USA's bitch since WW2.

I'm voting Yes not because I think Scotland will have full control but because I think it will have more control. We might all be puppets on strings but I'd happily cut off the ones attaching us to Westminster. I've seen enough in the last 10 years with us following the Americans around the globe on their "mission" and I want no part of that anymore. I'd rather be a small country with a very much reduced defence budget that didn't involve itself so easily or transparently with US foreign policy.

That's one major factor in my vote. There are others.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #19
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedarthur View Post
Corporations are people too, y'know

If a corporation is a human being then when you get a fine it's from a human being acting as a CORPORATION! No man has any more power than man.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #20
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless View Post
Do they have a Scottish central bank? or do they get their currency from the BOE?

No I took notes from scotland down in the south when I worked behind a till.

Precisely, where are they going to get there money supply from? what is backing up the paper receipts?