Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry > The Sports Bar

Old 05-10-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
decode reality
Inactive

Default Inspiring sports figures

A thread to post videos, quotes etc from people whom you admire in sport.

I'll kick things off with this guy.

decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #2
decode reality
Inactive

You can keep your Leighs, your Stanshalls, your Albertines, your hippy from The Young Ones. I.V.A Richards was, and is, the best Viv.

Here's the great Imran Khan doffing his cap. Although technically speaking he isn't wearing one.

Old 27-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #3
the mighty zhiba
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
A thread to post videos, quotes etc from people whom you admire in sport.

I'll kick things off with this guy.

Guy was a true legend.

I'm always reminded of when fans invaded the pitch at the City Ground - Cloughy had always said never invade the pitch, and when they did v QPR after a Forest win, Cloughy stalked the pitch giving the fans a clip around the ear.

The following home game, some of the fans attended a meeting to apologise to Brian for invading his pitch

That's the respect the man got at Forest.

I used to go to every match for many years, and have a lot of love still for the club - but it was never the same after he'd gone.

Best manager England never had.

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 27-10-2017 at 12:28 PM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
truegroup

Location: Conspiracy research is all about proof, not assumption!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
Guy was a true legend.

I'm always reminded of when fans invaded the pitch at the City Ground - Cloughy had always said never invade the pitch, and when they did v QPR after a Forest win, Cloughy stalked the pitch giving the fans a clip around the ear.

The following home game, some of the fans attended a meeting to apologise to Brian for invading his pitch

I used to go to every match for many years, and have a lot of love still for the club - but it was never the same after he'd gone.

He was one of a now dead breed of manager. Shame about Leeds United though. The film The Damned United is a good watch.
It is impossible to reason with an unreasonable person. A proper truther will not hold a fixed, immovable opinion. They will assess all evidence accordingly, use logic, reason, critical thinking and position themselves accordingly. If new evidence contradicts and better explains their own, they will adapt. A truther is not afraid to be wrong and is certainly not afraid to change their position. A truther does not ignore contradictory evidence. GOT THAT!?
Apollo Proven
truegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #5
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
Guy was a true legend.

I read a biography about him earlier this year. What's amazing is the way he transformed Forest from a team of no-hopers to the best in Europe. They had an air of invincibility about them. Today's game is too fixated on instant success and the idea of building from scratch has been discarded, in the premiership at least.

Most overseas national sides would have installed Clough as their manager in a flash. The F.A were stupid not to have done so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegroup View Post
He was one of a now dead breed of manager. Shame about Leeds United though. The film The Damned United is a good watch.
Yep, there's none like him today. Fergie was the last of that lineage, I'd say. I was going to watch the film, I'm sure it's entertaining but apparently Cloughie's family aren't too happy about it.
Old 30-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
Enki1

Okay it may sound a little like Loui van gaal but i try to translate some quotes of Johan Cruijff... here we go.
1) If you can't win.. you gotta make sure you wont lose.
2)I don't belief... In spain all 22 players make a cross before going on the pitch.. If it works, it will always be a draw.
3)often something most happen before something happens.
4)There's only one moment that you can be on time..if you're not there you're to late or to early.
5)I never seen a bag off money score a goal

Last edited by Enki1; 30-10-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Enki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #7
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Yep, there's none like him today. Fergie was the last of that lineage, I'd say. I was going to watch the film, I'm sure it's entertaining but apparently Cloughie's family aren't too happy about it.
(Do please note I posted the above before the whole Man Utd book launch debacle.)

I say again, Fergie was the last of the great lineage.

The important thing about his career is that it wasn't all a non-stop success story. He had quite a few failures and made mistakes. Today, managers aren't allowed to fail, and because of that, they sometimes don't get the chance to succeed.
Old 23-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #8
decode reality
Inactive

Last edited by decode reality; 23-02-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 24-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #9
decode reality
Inactive

Old 25-02-2018, 10:26 AM   #10
decode reality
Inactive

Old 25-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #11
iamawaveofthesea

I think that a lot of energy both mental, physical and emotional is invested by people in this country into sport and its definately a big part of british culture

It has lots of upsides like it improves peoples fitness and coordination and it gets people out and into the community and participating in community events so thats all good

I do wish sometimes though that people could invest the same kind of brainpower and energy into the truth movement that they do into sport because perhaps if they did that we could have this problem licked in no time!

But anyway the sports people i'm most interested by are the mavericks and misfits who are just out there quietly going about doing their thing

In british sport at the moment there's a lot of noise around boxing as a few serious heavy weights have emerged

There's the wild card and mercurial joker tyson fury who likes to bamboozle with his unorthodox approach and then there's the disciplined and tightly controlled anthony joshua

The two are very different but both have appealing aspects to their character

I have said i suspect Anthony might use performance inhancers but even if that's the case there's no denying that the guy works hard at what he does. He grafts away and is disciplined and I think that is a good message to inspire young folk with

he might have been a bit wayward in his youth but i think young people need a bit of room to make errors, learn and grow and now he seems to have his head screwed on. He's a young guy but already he seems to understand that you've just got to get on with what you want to do in life and not worry too much about what other people say; he prepares well, he's obviously into clean living, he doesn't go out of his way to disrespect people but won't back down either. I think that ethic could be inspirational to a lot of young people

Tysons great too and i enjoy his theatre and his irreverance for things and despite the clowning around he's been fighting all his life and knows his craft

So both have something for different temperaments to be inspired by
I believe the public should have a say in their own fate and that is why i support free speech. Any media talking heads who argue that free speech must be curbed are arguing that the public should not be allowed a say in their own fate

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 25-02-2018 at 11:42 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #12
screamingeagle

Colin McRae

"we are here for a good time not long time "

"if in doubt flat out "

this video sums it up why he is my favorite and best of the best

Craziest moments in WRC

https://youtu.be/iS9KkhKl_Zk

Last edited by screamingeagle; 25-02-2018 at 12:19 PM.
screamingeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #13
screamingeagle

Gilles Villeneuve

Antti Kalhola - For the love of speed

https://youtu.be/lDfRD9QnU34

missing in this video is Prost's coment

"Villeneuve was the last great driver - the rest of us are a bunch of good professionals".

PS:i never liked "ball" or "team" sports
Old 25-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #14
screamingeagle

so much double meaning in this one.....its just awesome

"just remember somwhere a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - Jim Conroy olimpic weightlifting coach
Old 26-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #15
iamawaveofthesea

I like how this guy has seen his surroundings with different eyes and has reimagined a different interaction with his environment

I like the playfulness and creativity he has brought to what he enjoys doing

Who is S├ębastien Foucan - founder of free running

I believe the public should have a say in their own fate and that is why i support free speech. Any media talking heads who argue that free speech must be curbed are arguing that the public should not be allowed a say in their own fate

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 26-02-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Old 26-02-2018, 08:05 AM   #16
decim

Cool

Graeme Obree

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:27 PM   #17
decode reality
Inactive

Out of interest, David Icke is briefly at 1:32.

Last edited by decode reality; 11-03-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 14-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #18
screamingeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by decim View Post
Graeme Obree

Bicycles are COOL!!!

Peter Sagan

https://youtu.be/NHM6JtEdHp8

Peter Sagan top 10 wins

https://youtu.be/DM2_kBQQoQA
Old 14-03-2018, 09:55 PM   #19
fairyprincess

Eddie the eagle..

He came into sport when he was too old to get started, and broke a shitload of british and European records.....

Proper underdog...
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #20
iamawaveofthesea

Danny Macaskill was working in a bike shop in edinburgh when a friend suggested they record him doing stunts around edinburgh and from that he became a youtube star

Just a guy doing what he loves

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 15-03-2018 at 03:56 PM.