Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 19-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #1
decode reality
Inactive

Default The Tomorrow People & other vintage sci-fi shows

The Tomorrow People was an early 1970s British tv show. Look at the visuals on the intro. It's a truther's dream come true/worst nightmare.

'All incarnations of the show concerned the emergence of the next stage of human evolution (Homo novis) known colloquially as Tomorrow People. Born to human parents, an apparently normal child might at some point between childhood and late adolescence experience a process called "breaking out" and develop special paranormal abilities. These abilities include psionic powers such as telepathy, telekinesis, and teleportation. However, their psychological make-up prevents them from intentionally killing others.'

'The original series was produced by Thames Television for ITV. The Tomorrow People operate out of a secret base, The lab, built in an abandoned London Underground station. The lab was revamped at the beginning of Series 6. The team watches for new Tomorrow People "breaking out" to help them through the process and sometimes deal with attention from extraterrestrial species as well as facing more earthbound dangers. They also have connections with the "Galactic Federation" which oversees the welfare of telepathic species throughout the galaxy. In addition to their psychic powers, they use advanced technology such as the biological (called in the series "biotronic") computer TIM, which is capable of original thought, telepathy, and can augment their psychic powers. TIM also helps the Tomorrow People to teleport long distances, although they must be wearing a device installed into a belt or bracelet for this to work. Teleportation is referred to as jaunting in the programme. The team used jaunting belts up to the end of Series 5, after which they used much smaller wristbands.' (Wiki)
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
kizzie
Registered Users

My absolute fav programme as a young teen.
Old 19-08-2016, 08:05 AM   #3
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzie View Post
My absolute fav programme as a young teen.
I liked it, but if I'm honest it went way over my head. Even though I did like Dr Who.
Old 19-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #4
peabrain
Inactive

Loved this show but remember one episode scaring me shitless. Too afraid to sleep that night.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #5
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
Loved this show but remember one episode scaring me shitless. Too afraid to sleep that night.
It really should have been on past the watershed. Then again, I'd say the same about Captain Pugwash.
Old 19-08-2016, 10:34 AM   #6
kipperz40
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
I remember one episode that freaked me out back in the day.
An organisation was selling fashion 'bubble suits' to teenagers and after they had put them on they couldn't get them off again. They all ended up screaming in turmoil.
kipperz40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperz40 View Post
I remember one episode that freaked me out back in the day.
An organisation was selling fashion 'bubble suits' to teenagers and after they had put them on they couldn't get them off again. They all ended up screaming in turmoil.
Scary stuff. Definitely got our imaginations going at a young age.

The episode that creeped me out ended with a woman aging rapidly,morphing into a hag like creature. I recall there was really sinister music accompanying this scene.

I remember having to top and tail in my yoinger brothers bunk bed I was that frightened. Seems silly now.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
cosmic tramp

Interesting Bowie Factoid...whilst having his dinner in the Thames TV canteen following a TV appearance in the 1970's, the spikey orange haired Bowie congratulated the director of this show claiming that he was a fan of The Tomorrow People ,tying in nicely with his notion of Homo superior...well he would have, wouldn't he ?

I used to like Children of the Stones that was a make-you-think tale of paranormalia. With Iain Cuthbertson (Adam Faith's boss in "Budgie") as master of ceremonies.

One of the most chilling and effective BBC TV plays I've ever seen is one called Pinder's Venn about small country village where ritual satanic worship and child mutilation via time loop distortion went on. The lead was Spencer Banks, the lad who played in Timeslip (another favourite).

Today, you can't find Pinder's Venn anywhere...

Also, another one which was a no-easy-answers yarn called "The Changes" about the world going tits up all down to powers emitted by Stones. BBC used to announce a viewer warning before each episode that it was for more 'mature ' children only. A Sort of "The Prisoner" for kids.

Sorry ...thrice edited this post now.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 19-08-2016 at 11:36 AM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #9
andy1033

Never saw it, it would of been on before i would of started watching tv.

I would think every big country do all sorts of experiments, boosting certain parts of there population.

What ever i stumbled across at school in 1992, shows the uk gov target kids at school with techs and weapons. So i am very sure things go on, and i would be sure all big countries have some sort of mind control programme targeting kids at school, and assessing them.

So although i have never seen that show, i would guess its about similar things they did to me, and probably many others. One day i may watch it.

There are things about paranormal stuff, that the majority have no idea on, and are better being ignorant about. You can be sure the ptb have ways to boost there kids abilities, and if you did that to your kids, it would be abuse.

So alot of stuff most people are better of not knowing about.

But you can be sure what they targeted me at school with in 1992 in london, was probably done, to many. I just knew about it, while most probably never understood they were being targeted.

I would suggest you only get a job in whitehall, if you have more skills then most of the public. Like how you only get places in uk police, if you get anywhere in the masons in uk.

There is something going on in society, where this stuff exists, and gov use it for there benefit. Ie they find people with skills, and will use them against there will, or with there will.

Most are better of not knowing about it.

I am just glad i found out about mind control at school, targeting me in 1992 in london. I am also sure its probably done to many, but most had no idea they were being targeted.

I am sure all big countries use mind control techs, to find those whom one day may work for there gov jobs while at school.

Like i said, i am pretty sure, you only get a job in whitehall(uk gov), if you have skills, most do not.

One day i will watch that programme, but it was just before my time of watching kids shows on tv, so i missed out on it. But you can be sure, from what i gather from it, that something does go on in society in big countries. Like i said, gov want to find out whom to get to work for them as adults.

So something like that programme does exist, and is part of the mind control techs programme.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true

Last edited by andy1033; 19-08-2016 at 11:38 AM.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #10
greenhulk40

Children of the stones was classic I need to buy the Tomorrow People on dvd did they make a remake?
I love the 70s series Survivor's but I never got to see the end, the first season was the best, you can buy some classic vintage tv DVDs from the company Network some of the stuff from the 70s and early 80s is great, I don't watch the new Doctor Who only the old Who, Pertwee, Baker, Troughton, Hartnell .
greenhulk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #11
derekbuttery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Interesting Bowie Factoid...whilst having his dinner in the Thames TV canteen following a TV appearance in the 1970's, the spikey orange haired Bowie congratulated the director of this show claiming that he was a fan of The Tomorrow People ,tying in nicely with his notion of Homo superior...well he would have, wouldn't he ?

I used to like Children of the Stones that was a make-you-think tale of paranormalia. With Iain Cuthbertson (Adam Faith's boss in "Budgie") as master of ceremonies.

One of the most chilling and effective BBC TV plays I've ever seen is one called Pinder's Venn about small country village where ritual satanic worship and child mutilation via time loop distortion went on. The lead was Spencer Banks, the lad who played in Timeslip (another favourite).

Also, another one which was a no-easy-answers yarn called "The Changes" about the world going tits up all down to powers emitted by Stones. BBC used to announce a viewer warning before each episode that it was for more 'mature ' children only. A Sort of "The Prisoner" for kids.

Sorry ...thrice edited this post now.
Children of the Stones... THAT was worth watching -freddie jones and Blake himself Gareth Thomas!!

(I vaguely remember a show around this era about kids and a post-'apocalyptic' world whereby the electric grid, cabling and pylons were part of the problem, and the band of hers had to stop them from being used as transmitters / transmissions lines...???)
Old 19-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #12
derekbuttery

Old 19-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #13
lobuk

Loved the tomorrow people when i was a kid. Still love the theme tune now.
lobuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #14
white light

I quite liked the Tomorrow People, but was put off a bit in that one of the actors was Mike Holloway, the drummer in the media hyped ITV band Flintlock. That sort of trivia was important when I was kid. Lol.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #15
bluefire

I've never seen "The Tomorrow People" or "Children of Stones".
However on vintage sci-fi, I grew up watching "Battlestar Galactica," "Dr Who" (with Tom Baker), "Space 1999", "Buck Rogers," "Sapphire and Steel", "The Fantastic Journey," and "V". As for my favourite childhood sci fi TV shows its "Ulysses 31".

Last edited by bluefire; 19-08-2016 at 08:14 PM.
bluefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #16
toty1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post

I was really intrigued by this so looked at Spencer Bank's IMDB page. It was actually called 'Penda's Fen' and was a 1974 Play for Today. Anyway, I had a look on youtube & in a spooky coincidence someone has actually uploaded it today!

It's not great quality, the vid only fills part of the screen - but here it is.

As for The Tomorrow People - I absolutely loved it as a kid & to this day wish I could 'jaunt'.

Last edited by toty1994; 19-08-2016 at 09:37 PM.
toty1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #17
decode reality
Inactive

Thanks for the contributions. If we're talking vintage sci-fi, then this must be included.
If you haven't seen it and you're into this kind of thing, I guarantee you'll be intrigued. I started a thread on it in 2009:

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Has anyone seen THE INVADERS? In some ways, it's more overtly sci fi than They Live but some of the episodes share very similar themes. It used to be on DEF II (BBC2 early 1990s).....then Channel 5 started showing them at 4am on a Sunday morning, that was about 5 years ago.... I viewed it first as a great sci-fi, a darker version of Star Trek but it took on other meanings second time 'round, after I'd read Icke's work.

Here's the intro:

Old 20-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #18
decode reality
Inactive

The episode 'The Ivy Curtain' is the pick of the lot (42 episodes were shown originally between 1967 and 1969).

Last edited by decode reality; 20-08-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 20-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #19
paddy_blake

The wonderful Sapphire & Steel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gjHmEUiaxo

Sapphire and Steel: Assignment 1 part 1 of 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld30EDY-hxM
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #20
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_blake View Post
The wonderful Sapphire & Steel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gjHmEUiaxo

Sapphire and Steel: Assignment 1 part 1 of 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld30EDY-hxM
Another show I always had to watch. The presence of Luana Jumley also helped.