Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 24-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #1
steevo
Inactive

Lightbulb Grow food in Jars

Have a look at the 2nd video down on this web page :-
http://www.channel4.com/watch_online..._id=1185064976

It shows how seeds can sprout in jars and can be eaten and are very nutritional.
Instructions Here
Another lot of Instructions
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
silversatori

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
Have a look at the 2nd video down on this web page :-
http://www.channel4.com/watch_online..._id=1185064976

It shows how seeds can sprout in jars and can be eaten and are very nutritional.
Instructions Here
Another lot of Instructions
I think the correct term is 'sprouting' .. and my partner is a fan of it, he sprouts alsorts of seeds and bungs them in salads or sandwiches.

He's even gone as far as getting one of those stackable strainer type thing ma bobs (don't know the real name, lol! ... and he has 2-3 levels of sprouts going at any one time, it's funny thing to come across, at first glance they all look like cress, haha!

Apparently when you sprout a seed, you activate all the goodness within it and the vitamins etc multiple by loads, so they become very nutritional!
Old 25-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
steevo
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversatori View Post
I think the correct term is 'sprouting' .. and my partner is a fan of it, he sprouts alsorts of seeds and bungs them in salads or sandwiches.

He's even gone as far as getting one of those stackable strainer type thing ma bobs (don't know the real name, lol! ... and he has 2-3 levels of sprouts going at any one time, it's funny thing to come across, at first glance they all look like cress, haha!

Apparently when you sprout a seed, you activate all the goodness within it and the vitamins etc multiple by loads, so they become very nutritional!
Thanks for replying Silversatori and welcome to the forum

That's great that your partner is into this, could you possibily do me a favour at some point, and ask him what sort of seeds to buy and where to get them and also how much do they cost, cos I want to have a go at this myself Cheers!
Old 26-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
numbersix
Inactive

Default sprouting seeds

Sounds a good idea sprouting different seeds in a jar.

We have sprouted mustard, cress and also mung bean seeds on damp blotting paper but never in a jar - must try this !!!!
numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #5

i used a plastic tray for sprouting until a friend bought me this terracotta one , it is hexagonal shape as well so both the shape and material combined give much better results . In fact probably increased a third at least worth buying if you plan to use it regularly .
http://www.juiceland.co.uk/item--GEO...TSPROUTER.html
amazon stock also
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #6
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
i used a plastic tray for sprouting until a friend bought me this terracotta one , it is hexagonal shape as well so both the shape and material combined give much better results . In fact probably increased a third at least worth buying if you plan to use it regularly .
http://www.juiceland.co.uk/item--GEO...TSPROUTER.html
amazon stock also
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...rocess=default
2013, do you need soil to use those terracotta things ?
Old 26-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #7

Quote:
2013, do you need soil to use those terracotta things ?
No just soak seeds for a few hours and then spread in the dish , water morning and night they are designed to let a small amount of light in during the day and then close down of a night .It really is amazing t ose how much they produce must be the terracotta as well as the geometrical shape .far better than the plastic ones or the jars i found .Jars are handy for travelling with in case you need to use them that way as in camping etc less to carry with u , but again the glass jars have to be better than plastic seed trays Yuo can also grow your own wheatgrass but need a different type of proces to juice it , you can get non electic juicers for this and fresh whaetgrass is supposed to be very good for you very close to human blood in some way i cant recal offhand , its been a long day when i next have a batch done i will post a pic to show you
Old 26-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #8
steevo
Inactive

Cheers 2013 and thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing the pics
Old 27-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Cheers 2013 and thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing the pics
4- 5 days for a new crop to sprout then ill post them .
Old 04-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #10

just a couple of pics of the finished seeds picture doesntdo them justice but gives an idea , you get different results with different seed types obviously

Last edited by 2013; 04-04-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 04-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
steevo
Inactive

Thumbs up

Excellent thanks 2013. Making me hungry looking at those pics
If you get a chance I wouldnt mind a pic of those when you take some of it out of the container, is it in a tight clump ? I mean is there alot of it in the container cos it's sorta hard to tell from the pics. Anyway either way they look very impressive.
Ok I'm gonna go have some of my home made pea and ham soup
Old 05-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #12
madthumbs

Is anyone concerned that glass blocks UV?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #13
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by madthumbs View Post
Is anyone concerned that glass blocks UV?
No because that is not a problem at all. Any necessary rays that the sun provides go through the glass.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Excellent thanks 2013. Making me hungry looking at those pics
If you get a chance I wouldnt mind a pic of those when you take some of it out of the container, is it in a tight clump ? I mean is there alot of it in the container cos it's sorta hard to tell from the pics. Anyway either way they look very impressive.
Ok I'm gonna go have some of my home made pea and ham soup
Heres a couple of pics on a dinner plate not quiet alan's big plate AHA , the seeds are still a bit clumped together , but the palte is 10" diameter i measured it in the spirit of mr partridge

sometimes i end up binning some as i cant eat that much in a few days, so work out the best amount to do as they take 3 - 5 days to sprout
Old 05-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #15
steevo
Inactive

Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics 2013, very "Partidge"
Maybe you could throw some of the sprouts into a home-made soup to give it some body or to give it more texture/character ?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 AM   #16
madthumbs

Quote:
No because that is not a problem at all. Any necessary rays that the sun provides go through the glass.
So our Sun is giving off rays we don't need, or benefit from? Amygdalin is attacked when labeled as Vitamin b-17 because it's not "necessary" and therefore technically it's not a vitamin. Is a lack of amygdalin in our diet "not a problem at all"?

I'm not saying these sprouts grown in such a way aren't good for us, but couldn't they be better? I may be being a little critical here, but I find the more tampering with food, the more problems we face as a result.

I don't wish to discourage anyone from growing and eating in such a manner. I'm just surprised that the same type of crowd that is paranoid about cloned meat, (and every single food item at McDonald's) is readily accepting of this.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:29 AM   #17
montag
Inactive

Quote:

I don't wish to discourage anyone from growing and eating in such a manner. I'm just surprised that the same type of crowd that is paranoid about cloned meat, (and every single food item at McDonald's) is readily accepting of this.
What is it with you and McDonalds, have you got shares in the company or somethin'?
montag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #18
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by montag View Post
What is it with you and McDonalds, have you got shares in the company or somethin'?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #19
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
So our Sun is giving off rays we don't need, or benefit from? Amygdalin is attacked when labeled as Vitamin b-17 because it's not "necessary" and therefore technically it's not a vitamin. Is a lack of amygdalin in our diet "not a problem at all"?

I'm not saying these sprouts grown in such a way aren't good for us, but couldn't they be better? I may be being a little critical here, but I find the more tampering with food, the more problems we face as a result.

I dont believe in all this vitamin crap. Anything that the "scientists" tell us is bullshit in my opinion. Ignore the scientist I say. "Amygdalin" ? I dont need to know about Amygdalin and "vitamins". I eat and grow what I feel is right for me, I dont need so-called scientists to tell me anything thanks. Those same scientists are putting vitamins (chemicals) in our foods and creating GM foods and tell us they are ok to eat. If you wish to follow them and listen to what they say then that is up to you, but I dont. End of story.

MadThumbs, stuff is grown in greenhouses all the time (surrounded by glass). Are you unaware of this ?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #20
lookfar

Ahh cool thread steevo, I've only just seen it. Might have to get myself one of those sprouter thingys too now & have a go!
“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.” BILL HICKS
http://www.markthomasinfo.com/ http://www.waykiwayki.com/
Dolphins playing in bubble rings
lookfar is offline   Reply With Quote