Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 31-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #61
giantmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackster View Post
Thank you dalem for bringing it to our attention
and i'm sorry about the dodgy fuckers supplying your health shop with shite, it makes you wonder if there really is any such thing as genuine Himilayen salt doesn't it

any advice on distilled water will be greatly appreciated, thank you
ADVICE ON DISTILLED WATER! Not from me though, from Dr Gabriel Cousens.

He's the absolute guy you wanna be listening to if you want scientifically backed and constatly updated research from people that love you as themselves because we're all one haha.

Gabriel Cousens, Brian Clement and Viktoras Clovinski. Search on youtube and you will find videos talking about distilled water AND if you want (in my opinion) the fucking best and complete information in the world on diet and lifestyle with regards to spiritual life and the awakening of Kundalini READ SPIRITUAL NUTRITION by Gabriel Cousens. (talk about how to remineralize and put prana into your water and has the things you need on his shop website)
Or any of Brian Clements books for scientific research on everything you could imagine, he's intensely thorough and has really funny and perfect hair for a 70 year old.

Gabriels site and shop with a lot of info
www.treeoflife.nu
http://www.cultureoflifestore.com/

Hippocrates Health institute site
http://www.hippocratesinst.org/

Distilled water video by Gabriel and Brian
giantmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #62
giantmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackster View Post
Thank you dalem for bringing it to our attention
and i'm sorry about the dodgy fuckers supplying your health shop with shite, it makes you wonder if there really is any such thing as genuine Himilayen salt doesn't it

any advice on distilled water will be greatly appreciated, thank you
Also this... for everyone

Brian Clemenet on Sodium

Just to be clear..
Brian says the body only needs organic sodium and eating any kind of salt will cause the arteries to shrink or cease up a bit (not certian whether he said arteries but he compared it to when you put salt on a wound and it ceases up)

Gabriel seems to recommend it to remineralize your body and also remineralize water and to connect you with the earth energies.

But I doubt prolonged or daily use of some things is a bad idea.

And also this, because 2012 is exciting and I love Gabriel Cousens haha
giantmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #63
elshaper
Inactive

Giantmango, your first two posts are promoting salt is not good? mnn
I think salt is salt whether you sprinkle it or be it already in food.
We need right amount of salt to function properly that is to keep the balance of electrolyte which is very important. This stuff about 'Don't take salt' is rubbish.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #64
northerner
Inactive

Default Things Just Don't Add Up

I came across this article when I was looking information on iodine and how iodized salt compares to sea salt and Himalayan salt. The problem here is that things just don’t add up. . . really. If you tally up the amounts of the elements in the article the total comes out to just over 1022 g/kg (1000 g) and that is just for the 25 elements listed, of the 84 in Himalayan salt. The problem with other charts I have come across is that they bounce around between g, mg, mcg and even ppm. So, by the time the figures get into another article there has sometimes been some confusion on the weights.

The amount of bromide per kilogram in most of the charts is 4010 mcg not mg. This would make the actual amount a thousand times less than indicated in this article, at 0.00401 grams/kg not 4 grams/kg. And fluoride should read 231 mcg, not mg (or 0.000231g/kg).

I do agree that Himalayan salt is a scam as for the price you pay for the benefits you may possibly get from the meager amount of good elements in the salt (I also think ‘Sea Salt’ is the same type of scam).
northerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #65
electric_kicks
Inactive

Does anyone know the 'Pink Mountain Crystal Salt' by 'the Salt Seller' is the real deal? [www.thesaltseller.co.uk] Their website looks legitimate, right?
electric_kicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #66
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
I came across this article when I was looking information on iodine and how iodized salt compares to sea salt and Himalayan salt. The problem here is that things just don’t add up. . . really. If you tally up the amounts of the elements in the article the total comes out to just over 1022 g/kg (1000 g) and that is just for the 25 elements listed, of the 84 in Himalayan salt. The problem with other charts I have come across is that they bounce around between g, mg, mcg and even ppm. So, by the time the figures get into another article there has sometimes been some confusion on the weights.

The amount of bromide per kilogram in most of the charts is 4010 mcg not mg. This would make the actual amount a thousand times less than indicated in this article, at 0.00401 grams/kg not 4 grams/kg. And fluoride should read 231 mcg, not mg (or 0.000231g/kg).

I do agree that Himalayan salt is a scam as for the price you pay for the benefits you may possibly get from the meager amount of good elements in the salt (I also think ‘Sea Salt’ is the same type of scam).
So where is 'This article' ?
One post wonder.....

Last edited by elshaper; 10-04-2014 at 08:04 PM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #67
master x

You need salt. Synthetic salt is baaaaad. Himalayan/sea salt has proper structure, plus some trace amounts of dozens of minerals and tastes nicer. Buying sea/Himalayan over synthetic table salt seems the obvious choice. I hardly see the scam in that. I can certainly tell the difference when I've had table salt of Himalayan. Do some sellers sell fake lower quality versions of products? Of course, but that can be said for essentially every human foodstuff...right?
master x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #68
princessofwands

I had a bag of the pink stuff. After reading this thread, I decided not to put it in food but to dissolve it in my bath.

It didn't all dissolve. There were 'bits' that just sat there and I had to wipe them off the bath afterwards.

If it was all genuine salt, it should have all dissolved in hot water, shouldn't it? I was glad I hadn't added it to my food! I don't know what those bits were.

I'm sticking to the sea salt.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 03:48 AM   #69
amber_dawn

Yikes! I've been using the brand Harvest Sun which is from Pakistan.

It says 100 percent naturally pure, not refined and no chemicals added so wouldn't any fluoride or bromine be naturally occuring? If it's naturally occuring then using a bit in my food couldn't be too bad could it?

Last edited by waterwings; 13-04-2014 at 03:57 AM.
amber_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #70
thermion

Quote:
Originally Posted by master x View Post
You need salt. Synthetic salt is baaaaad. Himalayan/sea salt has proper structure, plus some trace amounts of dozens of minerals and tastes nicer. Buying sea/Himalayan over synthetic table salt seems the obvious choice. I hardly see the scam in that. I can certainly tell the difference when I've had table salt of Himalayan. Do some sellers sell fake lower quality versions of products? Of course, but that can be said for essentially every human foodstuff...right?
"Synthetic salt"? Where did you get that from? I don't think so.

The majority of British table salt come from Cheshire salt mines. If you're assuming "synthetic" salt comes as a side product from some industrial process, or is artificially made out of sodium and chlorine, no, it doesn't. That would be ridiculously expensive when it's already in the ground.

Salt from the ground is so cheap, why would any company make it? At least British salt is likely to have had some food safety tests, and I'm not aware of Cheshire salt being particularly contaminated with anything.

Nevertheless too much salt from mines, the sea or the Himalayas is not good for you!

Thermion.

Last edited by thermion; 13-04-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: clarity
thermion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #71
noncooperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty3 View Post
I just re-read the OP am I right in thinking what you are saying is there is not such thing as himalyan salt if it has no salt mines....lol. So is there any decent salt to be had.
Mountain salt from underground in the european alps etc. but contains no iodine as far as i know.

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!

Last edited by noncooperation; 13-04-2014 at 10:58 AM.
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #72
noncooperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalem View Post
The only true test of this salt is to get it analyzed privately. I am going to ask my local university to take a look at the chemical/mineral content of it.
I really don't think there is a genuine Himilayan salt well, not that is good for you like they claim.
This is a quote fro Wikipedia but there is a lot of other info on the web.
getting it tested is a waste of money because unless you have a large amount, the next batch you buy might be labelled the same and from the same supply but could be different salt; so you would have to test it again!

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
Old 13-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #73
amber_dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by relax View Post
I bought a shitload of it a while back, kind of been using it as a salt lick, works great for me, tingling chakras, this info doesnt resonate with me.
me neither, after reading the post through I don't see a problem.
amber_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #74
master x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermion View Post
"Synthetic salt"? Where did you get that from? I don't think so.

The majority of British table salt come from Cheshire salt mines. If you're assuming "synthetic" salt comes as a side product from some industrial process, or is artificially made out of sodium and chlorine, no, it doesn't. That would be ridiculously expensive when it's already in the ground.

Salt from the ground is so cheap, why would any company make it? At least British salt is likely to have had some food safety tests, and I'm not aware of Cheshire salt being particularly contaminated with anything.

Nevertheless too much salt from mines, the sea or the Himalayas is not good for you!

Thermion.
Don't freak out, but I meant "refined" not synthetic. Not sure why I put that. But like most foodstuffs, processing damages it, depletes essential elements from it. Salt is no exception.
master x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #75
noncooperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by master x View Post
Don't freak out, but I meant "refined" not synthetic. Not sure why I put that. But like most foodstuffs, processing damages it, depletes essential elements from it. Salt is no exception.
Pure industry produce sodium chloride could be classed as synthetic compare to 'natural' sea or rock salt.

Old 24-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #76
talisa
Inactive

The key benefit of Himalayan pink salt over white tablespoon salt is that it is naturally harvested. White tablespoon sea salt is subject to chemical bleaching agents which bleaches the saltwater to produce tablespoon salt (that's why it appears white!) It is really 99% sodium chloride and 1% other compounds.

Hima salt on the other hand is naturally harvested, and has a chemical composition of 85% NaCl and 15% other minerals, mostly iron (Fe 3+) which gives it a pinkish color (see this article for sources) I wouldn't say that you'd have magical health benefits just by drinking Himalayan salt because it is afterall just salt compounds, and are no substitute for vitamins and other nutrients which your body requires.

But if you're really curious, you can actually try out the hima salt with cooking. It makes food taste somewhat better and i've personally experienced this myself. They also make great cooking slabs, which is rather cool as a serving platter.
talisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #77
steve777

Himalayan is by far the best salt I have ever tasted. It has a deep rich flavor compared to regular table salt. Once you taste it you will never want to go back to regular table salt. The health benefits are a plus. More info:

http://www.himalayanlivingsalt.com/salt_facts.htm

If you are in the USA this is good place to buy in bulk:
http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product...34#.VJskQ14AKB

Last edited by steve777; 24-12-2014 at 07:39 PM.
steve777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #78
rotkeilseverum3
Inactive

About the distilled water, often fish keepers will use RO water for certain species of fish, if their tap water is not appropriate ( some delicate fish will not tolerate water that is too different to their natural environments, so the water needs tweaked ) Raw RO water is very dangerous (for fish) as it has no dissolved minerals or buffers which are needed to keep a healthy tank.

A 50% mix of RO and tap water is preferred, and then depending on what your needs are, indian almond leaves, peat, driftwood can be used to Lower PH if you want soft, acidic water, crushed coral or aragonite is often used to make water harder, more alkaline.

I have tested distilled water before with my water testing kits it of curiosity, and have found it mostly to be neutral, PH of 7. I have never gone so far as to test GH/KH though as I have never needed to.

I make a sort of tea sometimes using indian almond leaves (many,many benefits for fish from the amazon basin and those preferring soft water) by boiling them, releasing all the tannins which create the soft, low PH water.

Crushed coral is a good buffer and will make the water more alkaline if that's what you're after.
Just thought I would add that, I don't know what you want to do with your water, fish health is as far as my water chemistry goes....so sorry if that didn't make much sense according to what you were talking about :/
rotkeilseverum3 is offline   Reply With Quote