Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Lawful Rebellion / Non Compliance / Sovereignty

Old 01-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
jamston

Default Do I have to go to court as a witness?

Not really a freeman question as such, but here goes ...

A couple of years ago i was working in a gadget shop, testing gadgets when they were being bought in etc etc. The guy who owned the shop was a horrible horrible human, racist, homophobic, stupid and generally a vile person to be around and work for.

He only had the shop a few months before he started buying stolen stuff from the smackheads in town, they were soft enough to leave tags on and stuff and no one in the shop was under any illusions that it was stolen. It was always talked about openly, until a few of the staff refused to deal with those transactions. Aaanyway .... i could have kind of turned a blind eye to it until he started to buy TVs the had no boxes no remotes etc etc which were clearly from burglaries. The final straw was when some obvious smackheads came in with 13 of them, no boxes, no remotes etc etc and i thought about the peoples houses and the lives had been horribly affected.

At the time i was seeing a girl who was a desk person in the Police, civilian officer or something, anyway she persuaded me to give a statement. Where i told them everything i knew and really dropped him in it. I also inadvertantly dropped the manager in it, who was a really sound guy and really didnt deserve the trouble hes going to get into, theyre both looking at time. He was just a poor guy who was kind of bullied by the prick manager and he was strggling to support his kids.

So all the contact i had with police over the matter they assured me i 'probably' wouldnt have to go to court.

Then a few weeks ago, i got a letter to my old address telling me i needed to go to court in November. I really dont want to go, i said some really nasty shit about that dick and i never really want to see him again. I said everything i wanted to in the statement and i will hardly be able to remember the ins and outs of the case i'm bound to be asked about.

What can i do? What will happen if i refuse? I know, its an 'invite' to a place of business really, but i'm not confident enough in my freeman knowledge to tackle it that way if it came to it and i have read i could be charged with contempt if i refuse to give evidence. I'm kind of of the mindset at the moment of just ignoring it, but i thought i best ask here instead of just a few googles where its all official government stuff that pops up.

So fellow freeman forumers, what thinks you?
jamston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
solzhenitsyn

Have you been served with an actual subpoena? If so, and you fail to appear for court, you may be charged with an offence (in Canada at least; not sure where you reside).

Hope that helps.
solzhenitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
danster82

Making claims about someone shouldnt be taken lightly, now that you have its only honorable to appear in court.

This shouldnt deter people from being witness to crime, therefore make sure you charge plenty for your time and expenses.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
moobs
Inactive

I'm sorry, but what exactly is the problem here? You wrote a statement against this guy. You said he's a criminal. Do you or do you not want to get him off the streets? If you do, then yes, you're going to have to testify against him.
moobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
jamston

The problem is I dont want to drop the nice one in any more shit. Plus i have said everything i wanted to say, also i won't remember half the stuff they will ask me. I dont remember the operational stuff he was doing and i generally dont want to go to court and be picked apart by lawyers. I'm sure my boss will also tell them i'm a massive pothead and i'm worried they might try and use that against me.
jamston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post
Making claims about someone shouldnt be taken lightly, now that you have its only honorable to appear in court.

This shouldnt deter people from being witness to crime, therefore make sure you charge plenty for your time and expenses.
This ^
Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
moobs
Inactive

The short answer is yes, you do have to testify if you've been subpoenaed. In response to the people talking about "charging" the court...just no. Really, I thought that we were over this "fee schedule" garbage. Whether it's right or wrong, lawful or unlawful, police and courts pay absolutely no heed of freemen who try to bill them. You can't force them to pay you, and they won't.
moobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
iq_145

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post
... therefore make sure you charge plenty for your time and expenses.
The court has standard rates that it will allow for genuine expenses. You cannot "charge" the court, you can only apply for what the court decides you are entitled to.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
freedom2020
Banned

i would say yes you do have to go otherwise you could have alot of problems,but in saying that it is entirely up to you what you are willing to put up with
freedom2020 is offline   Reply With Quote