Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries > Mythological & Cryptozoology / Channeling / Psychic Abilities / Lucid Dreaming / OBE & Reinc

Old 03-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #41
the tealady
Forum Advisor

[QUOTE
The door suddenly swung open, and thinking it was my mother (i was 17 at the time, now 22) i tried to scream 'mum?' Only air came out and a shadowy figure came into the room. This figure seemed to have a human shape, but a complete silhouette, completely black. It almost looked like it wasnt solid. It came over, kneeled down beside me. By this time i was SHITTING my pants seriously im not a coward but i was really scared. It seemed to poke me with something then suddenly it was gone and i could move.

.[/QUOTE]

About a year ago I read a book called 'Brother Odd'. It is a work of fiction but has a lot of fact woven into it. In that book, the central character Odd Thomas (a monk) who has psychic ability can see dark shadowy creatures that congregate just before a death or calamity will occur. He goes from place to place to warn people about impending disaster in the hope of saving lives. In the book he reassures the other people that the creatures do not cause any harm but they feed on the fear and sadness and other negative emotion. If there are many creatures congregating, it means it will be a big thing, multiple deaths etc.

Maybe the author knows something about this????
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #42
bobbydiva

rofl I had the funniest sleep paralysis last night - mine usually doesn't come with a being, but this time I got the old fashioned fury little creature - I heard it grunt, then it crawled under my sheets behind me on the bed and sat on me with its hands on my arm pits - it was literally tickling me and I couldn't move.

There was a time when this would have scared my shitless, but when I woke up I had to laugh.

Latest Article:
Why the Virginia Shooting ISN'T a Hoax!

Last edited by bobbydiva; 03-11-2009 at 03:20 PM.
bobbydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #43
bobbydiva

awesome painting on the subject. Man has experienced this throughout history:

Latest Article:
Old 03-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #44
mind1universe
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydiva View Post
rofl I had the funniest sleep paralysis last night - mine usually doesn't come with a being, but this time I got the old fashioned fury little creature - I heard it grunt, then it crawled under my sheets behind me on the bed and sat on me with its hands on my arm pits - it was literally tickling me and I couldn't move.

There was a time when this would have scared my shitless, but when I woke up I had to laugh.
I know the feeling you ust know it was reall and you were aware the whole time, because it seems off its funny yo experience it and suddenly wake up. It's really about accepting the lighter self of you. 4th density is a pretty cool place
mind1universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:06 AM   #45
ryanhodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydiva View Post

Everyday I'm getting a better grip on what reality really is.

This is nuts.
ryanhodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #46
lyrag

Before i even knew about reptilians and this site i had an experience with a 'reptilian' /alien being.
I have it written down somewhere but i will tell the brief version as i remember.
I remember drifting off to sleep then feeling something enter the room and it went very cold, i then felt my legs feel squashed and i couldn't move them, i wanted to speak but i couldn't( but it wasnt like sleep paralysis i have had before were i have panicked and wanted to scream but couldn't, i was more curious), at first i felt abit panicky but then i felt like whatever it was made me go back to sleep. Now the next part i cant go into to much detail because of obvious reasons of graphic detail but i was layed in sand somewhere in a different world, both worlds kept merging and it seems that whatever it was was on a time limit and was trying to not be 'caught' and whatever this 'thing' was was trying to rape me, it kept fading in and out of human flesh were it would let me look at it, but then it would turn back into an alien/reptilian type being although i could only see its arms at this point, the others would hold my head down whenever i tried to look at this beings face so i only ever saw its arms. Even though it was 'raping' me, i felt a connection to it afterwards, i felt very mixed up in my head, i didnt feel anger or pain, just confusion and very sexual. when i woke up STRAIGHT afterwards i could not move my legs for at least 8 mins afterwards, i began to panic and then whatever it was left.
lyrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #47
fedora

This is a pretty interesting post given the repeated experience I have had in the past. I usually would wake up paralyzed with my eyes barely open. I would see the general outline of things in my room, but they would be a little fuzzy kind of similar to when you have poor television station reception. I would hear a rumbling/growling sound. I fought to wake the rest of me up because I new the feeling all around me... It was pure evil. On the nights it would happen I would have to make sure that I got out of bed and shook it off. If I didn't and I allowed myself to go back to sleep it would happen over and over again like I was switching from one state to the next. You would think I would be smart enough to get myself out of bed and shake it off before going back to sleep, but it was so hard to get myself out of bed once it occurred the first time. I would feel so tired and lethargic. Never at any time did I fell pinned down. It was like my consciousness had made connection with my sense of sight and my sense of hearing, but physical feeling from my nerves was non existent. I could sense emotional vibrations like the evil I mentioned before.

Last edited by fedora; 07-11-2009 at 06:57 AM.
fedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #48
hobo

Does anyone know the explanation for the phenomenon of being pushed down during sleep-paralysis? I´ve experienced it too, and it was very strange and scary. It didn´t feel like somebody weighing me down, rather like an evenly distributed but very strong gravitational pull...?
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #49
bobbydiva

the idea is that its just your mind waking up before your body, and thus you're mind is part awake/part dreaming and your body is still sleeping.

I think there's a little more to it. There are certain themes that are common place all throughout history. One is the night hag (witch lady) and one is the fury creature thing.

I've had it where it's like a gravitational pull also. When I Lucid dream I often get the pull but it fully sucks me in to a dream. It may be your conciousness getting stuck or something.

Latest Article:
Old 08-11-2009, 04:22 AM   #50
nioz

its real.

In Arabic, a Djinn (also jinn, genie, from Arabic جني jinnī) is a supernatural creature which occupies a parallel world to that of mankind, and together with humans and angels makes up the three sentient creations of Allah. Possessing free will, Djinn can be either good or evil.

They live among us and already lived here before menkind was created.

The Djinn are mentioned frequently in the Qur'an, and there is a Surah entitled Al-Jinn. While Christianity maintains that Lucifer was an angel that rebelled against God's orders, Islam maintains that Iblis was a Djinn who had been granted special privilege to live amongst angels prior to his rebellion. Although some scholars have ruled that it is apostasy to disbelieve in one of God's creations; the belief in Jinn has fallen comparably to the belief in angels in other Abrahamic traditions.

Etymology and definitions
The word genie derives from Latin genius, which meant a sort of tutelary or guardian spirit thought to be assigned to each person at their birth. English borrowed the French descendent of this word, génie; its earliest written attestation in English, in 1655, is a plural spelled genyes. The French translators of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights used génie as a translation of jinnī because it was similar to the Arabic word in sound and in meaning. This use was also adopted in English and has since become dominant.

The Arabic root JNN means "hidden, concealed", as in the verb janna "to hide, to conceal". (This is not to be confused with the Arabic word jannah, which means "paradise"). Arabic lexicons, such as William Lane's lexicon provide the rendered meaning of jinn not only for spirits, but also for anything concealed through time, status, and even physical darkness. In Arabic, the word jinn is plural; jinnī is the singular (and adjective). The feminine form is jinnīyah.

In other cultures, as in the Mythology Guanche (Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain), also existed the belief in beings that qualify as genies, such as the so-called Gods paredros or Maxios (domestic spirits and nature), the Tibicenas (evil genies) and also demon Guayota (aboriginal god of evil) that, like the Arabic Iblis, is sometimes identified with a genie. The Guanches were of Berber origin in northern Africa which further strengthens this hypothesis.

Jinn in the pre-Islamic era
Amongst archaeologists dealing with ancient Middle Eastern cultures, any spirit lesser than angels is often referred to as a djinn, especially when describing stone carvings or other forms of art.

The pre-Islamic Zoroastrian culture of ancient Persia believed in jaini/jahi, evil female spirits thought to spread diseases to people. However, Zoroaster himself did not believe in the existence of such evil female spirits.

Inscriptions found in Northwestern Arabia seem to indicate the worship of djinn, or at least their tributary status. For instance, an inscription from Beth Fasi'el near Palmyra pays tribute to the "Ginnaye", the "good and rewarding gods"[9] providing a sharp resemblance to the Latin Genius and Juno: The Guardian Spirits.

Types of djinn include the Shaitan, the Ghul, the Marid, the Ifrit and the Jinn. According to the information in The Arabian Nights, Ifrit seem to be the strongest form of djinn, followed by Marid, and then the rest of the djinn forms.

Jinn in the Bible

In several verses in Old Arabic and Old Persian Bible translations, the words: Jinn(جن) Jaann(الجان) Majnoon(مجنون) and Iblees(ابلیس) are mentioned as translations of familiar spirit or אוב(obe) for Jaann and the devil or διάβολος diabolos for Iblees ديأبليس.

In Cornelius Van Allen Van Dyck's Arabic translation of the Bible these words are mentioned in Lev 19:31, Lev 20:6, 1Sa 28:3, 1Sa 28:7, 1Sa 28:9, 1Ch 10:13, Mat 4:1, Mat 12:22, Luk 4:5, Luk 8:12, Joh 8:44 and other verses as well.

Jinn in Islam

In Islamic theology jinn are said to be creatures with free will, made from 'smokeless fire' by Allah in the same way humans were made of earth.[10] According to the Qur'an, Djinn have free will, and Iblis used this freedom in front of Allah by refusing to bow to Adam when Allah told Iblis to do so. By disobeying Allah, he was thrown out of Paradise and called “Shaitan”. Djinn are frequently mentioned in the Qur'an, Sura 72 of the Qur'an (named Al-Jinn) is entirely about them. Another Sura (Al-Nas) mentions Djinn in the last verse. The Qur’an also mentions that Muhammad was sent as a prophet to both “humanity and the Djinn”.

Similar to humans, jinn have free will allowing them to follow any religion they choose. They are usually invisible to humans and humans do not appear clear to them. However, jinn often harass and even possess humans, for various reasons, such as romantic infatuation, revenge, or because of a deal made with a practitioner of black magic. Jinns have the power to travel large distances extremely quickly and live in remote areas, mountains, seas, trees, and the air, in their own communities. Like humans, jinns will also be judged on the Day of Judgment and will be sent to Heaven or Hell according to their deeds.

Qareen
Every person is assigned a special jinn to them, also called a qareen, the jinns that whisper into your soul and tell you to give into your evil desires. Muhammad's jinn turned into a Muslim jinn, on the recitation of the Qur'an, as the jinn found it very beautiful. However, the notion of a qareen is not universally accepted amongst all Muslims.

The social organization of the jinn community resembles that of humans - such as they have kings, courts of law, weddings, and mourning rituals.

Muhammad reportedly divided jinn into three classes: those who have wings and fly in the air, those who resemble snakes and dogs, and those who travel about ceaselessly. Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud (d. 652), who was accompanying Muhammad when the jinn came to hear his recitation of the Quran, described them as creatures of different forms; some resembling vultures and snakes, others tall black men in white garbs. T

hey may even appear as dragons, onagers, or a number of other animals. In addition to their animal forms, the jinn occasionally assume human form to mislead and destroy their human victims. One such jinni who had assumed the form of a beautiful woman was identified because of her beastly feet by her human victim, who killed her by throwing a rope around her neck and dragging her behind his camel.

This type of jinn is called mardāzmā, (tester of men) among the Baluch people. Muhammad is also said to have told the jinn that they may subsist on bones, which will grow flesh again as soon as they touch them, and that their animals may live on dung, which will revert back to grain or grass for the use of the jinn flocks.

Ibn Taymiyyah believed the Jinn were generally "ignorant, untruthful, oppressive and treacherous".[26]

Muslims believe that the Jinn account for much of the "magic" perceived by humans, cooperating with magicians to lift items in the air unseen, delivering hidden truths to fortune tellers, and mimicking the voices of deceased humans during seances.[26]
[edit] Islamic concept of King Solomon and Djinn

Main article Islamic view of Solomon

The Quran states that King Solomon (Sulayman) is said to have compelled the Djinn into his service and given them dominion over 25 parasangs of his realm.[27] In his court, the Djinn stood behind the learned humans, who in turn, sat behind the prophets. Solomon’s wife, the Queen of Sheba, was reportedly born of the marriage between a Djinn and a human, some sources suggesting a Djinn named Rayḥāna was her mother. It was this connection to the Djinn that made people apprehensive about Solomon’s marriage to her. They feared that if their master Solomon married a half-Djinn, they would be forced to remain in the service of the offspring of that marriage forever. Thus, to make Solomon fall out of love with her, they told him that she was insane, and that her feet were hairy and resembled those of a donkey.[28]

The Djinn remained in the service of Solomon, who had placed them in bondage, and had ordered their king, Zūba’a, to perform a number of tasks throughout his life. Upon Solomon’s death, however, Zūbaa went to the places where his subjects were toiling, and called out to them to stop working. They happily obeyed, and one of them carved a message in stone, enumerating what they had built during their servitude.

The evil ones among them are being worshipped by the occult societies in exchange for favours.

Last edited by nioz; 08-11-2009 at 04:23 AM.
nioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:13 AM   #51
shellygurrrl
Inactive

Once I had sleep paralysis and "woke" to see a very tall skinny hooded figure bent over me at a 90 degree angle. It appeared to be trying to pull me from bed and it seemed as though my arms were lifted up and stuck mid-air. At the time I felt it was a negative experience and kept saying "no" over and over until I regained control of my body. (I couldn't physically say no but tried and mostly said it inside instead.)

Now that I've read Monroe's books on OBEs, I think it might have just been my "other" (astral) self and I didn't recognize it. Or it may possibly have been a "helper," trying to take me off for a night's lesson.
shellygurrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #52
fedora

Default Interesting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-millions.html

I woke up to find a demon at the end of my bed: One woman's terrifying account of a sleep disorder that afflicts millions

Hannah Foster was lying in bed with her eyes open. She could see by the clock that it was 3am, but something was very wrong - she couldn’t move a muscle of her body. Even worse, she could sense something pressing down on her and she was struggling to breathe.

Consumed by panic, she tried to scream, but nothing happened.

It felt like a nightmare, but she knew that it wasn’t, because she was too alert and she recognised her green flowery duvet and the wooden floor of her room.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz0Z4bQ0BLW
Suddenly, she was able to move again and the feeling of pressure vanished. But she was left terrified, shaking and gasping for air.

‘It was like nothing I’d ever experienced before,’ recalls the 25-yearold from Brighton. ‘After a normal day at work, I went to bed around 11pm, as always, and the next thing I remember is waking up, basically paralysed.

‘It was terrifying. And the more I panicked, the more it felt like I couldn’t breathe properly.’

What happened to Hannah might sound like something from a gruesome horror film, but it is in fact very real - she was experiencing a fascinating phenomenon called Sleep Paralysis (SP).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz0Z4bTbfRE
Suddenly, she was able to move again and the feeling of pressure vanished. But she was left terrified, shaking and gasping for air.

‘It was like nothing I’d ever experienced before,’ recalls the 25-yearold from Brighton. ‘After a normal day at work, I went to bed around 11pm, as always, and the next thing I remember is waking up, basically paralysed.

‘It was terrifying. And the more I panicked, the more it felt like I couldn’t breathe properly.’

What happened to Hannah might sound like something from a gruesome horror film, but it is in fact very real - she was experiencing a fascinating phenomenon called Sleep Paralysis (SP).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz0Z4bTbfRE
Just as surprising, it is very common, explains Chris French, Professor of Psychology at Goldsmiths, University of London. Studies suggest that around 40 per cent of the general population experience SP at least once in their lifetime.

‘During an SP episode - which can last for anything between a few seconds and several minutes - a person is in a state where they are half awake and half asleep; sometimes they are able to open their eyes, but they’re aware they can’t move,’ he says.

An unlucky few can have repeated attacks in one night or several times a week. In extreme cases, people can find their lives heavily disrupted by SP.

‘Sufferers may be reluctant to talk of

their experiences, for fear of being shunned or ridiculed as “crazy”,’ he says. ‘This can lead to social isolation and even marital breakdown.’

Sleep paralysis occurs during the REM (rapid eye movement) period of sleep. There are five stages of sleep, during the first four your brain and heart rates slow down.

Then you enter a period of REM sleep - the fifth stage - where your brain is active and you experience-vivid dreams. ‘During this time the muscles are temporarily paralysed, probably as a protective mechanism to stop the sleeper acting out their dreams,’ says Professor French, who is the leading UK authority on the subject.

‘But with SP sufferers, for reasons we don’t understand, something goes awry with the process and the sleeper becomes consciously aware of that temporary paralysis.’

Being unable to move is disturbing enough in itself, but around 5 per cent of people can also experience horrific visual hallucinations of dark shadows, lights or monstrous figures; a sense of something or someone else in the room; a feeling of pressure on your chest; and difficulty breathing or hearing footsteps or voices.

Some suffers can have hallucinations about movement - such as being touched or dragged down the bed. It has even been suggested as a real cause, due to reports of alien abduction in the U.S.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz0Z4bZxsTb
There are various possible causes. ‘Anything that disrupts the sleep cycle can make SP more likely to happen, for example shift work, jet lag and stress,’ says Professor French.

Alcohol and caffeine can also disrupt the sleep cycle - as can certain medications. Another risk factor is sleeping on one’s back, because this is associated with sleep apnoea (a condition which causes interruptions in breathing during sleep), which may be linked to SP.

Although it is not known why, SP typically starts in adolescence or young adulthood. And while many people just grow out of it, it can also last a lifetime.

‘Unfortunately, a lot of the public and many health professionals have never heard of or don’t understand the condition, which can lead to a real danger of misdiagnosis,’ says Professor French.

‘Sometimes people may be diagnosed with stress. In extreme cases, they may be diagnosed with psychological problems or even schizophrenia.

‘But I want people to know that if they experience this they’re not going crazy, nor are they being attacked by spirits or abducted by aliens.’

After Hannah experienced SP for the first time in 2005, she confided in her work colleagues. It transpired that one of them had a family member who also suffered from the phenomenon.

A month or two later, Hannah experienced her second episode while staying with her boyfriend Tom, 24. This time, she also experienced hallucinations.

‘The second time, I knew what was happening - but as well as the paralysis, I also saw a terrifying black figure.

‘It looked a bit like a demon - with a scrunched, ugly face, like a gargoyle. I tried to scream and move away from it.

‘Then, once again, the paralysis and hallucination suddenly went. I woke Tom, who knew I’d experienced SP before, and he helped me calm down. If it hasn’t happened to you, though, it’s hard to imagine just how scary it is. It was terrifying.’

Since then, Hannah has experienced an attack every couple of months, though there is no set pattern to the episodes.

‘Sometimes the demon-like figure is there and at other times I just experience the paralysis,’ she explains.

‘Sometimes I also feel like I’m being pushed down into the bed by the hallucinatory figure, which is awful.’

While there is no cure, the problem is treatable - so it’s worth going to see your GP. ‘Often, simply telling people what it is they’re experiencing can help,’ says Professor French.

‘But from a practical point of view, it’s important to exercise, eat well, avoid stress wherever possible, establish a regular sleep pattern and avoid disruptions to the sleep cycle.

‘Once an episode has stopped, it’s advisable to get up and walk around to wake up fully. This has been found to reduce the risk of going back into an episode, which can happen.

‘In severe cases, people may need counselling or psychotherapy to deal with stress - either that which could be triggering sleep paralysis or the worry of having an attack.’

Any drugs which suppress REM sleep (such as some antidepressants) will suppress-SP, too, but may well have other side effects - such as nausea or increased fatigue - so should be avoided if possible, says Professor French.

But there are more immediate techniques of dealing with the condition.

‘Most people try their hardest to move even a finger or toe, which can break the “spell”, as the small muscles of the body are not completely paralysed during REM sleep.

‘It is sometimes useful for people to contact other sufferers for advice and support, which is easily done via the internet.’

Hannah believes that her attacks were triggered by the stress of leaving university and starting work in PR.

She has developed her own technique for coping with it. ‘Each time it happens, I tell myself not to panic, that it’s not real.

‘But even though I know rationally what’s going on, it can still be pretty frightening.

‘I don’t know if the episodes will ever stop, but I won’t let myself get stressed about it - I’m sure that only makes it worse.

‘Knowing there are other people out there going through the same thing really helps.’

• For further information, visit www.spis.org.uk

fedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #53
pinkfreud
Inactive

this is a fab thread.

i don't (and haven't) suffered from sleep paralysis, but i've had a couple of experiences- such as waking up pretty often between the 3-4 am hour and feeling like someone's watching me. this has only happened when i was lucid dreaming. when i was younger i had some eerie experiences involving dark entities but that does not happen to me anymore- i remember one particular 'dream' where i could see myself walking (astrally) outside our building compund, and looking in through one of the windows of a neighbour's flat to see a frail being (if i could best describe it, i'd say it resembled the human aura) looking over one of the sleeping kids. it wasn't evil, just pretty spooky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpixie View Post
About a year ago I read a book called 'Brother Odd'. It is a work of fiction but has a lot of fact woven into it. In that book, the central character Odd Thomas (a monk) who has psychic ability can see dark shadowy creatures that congregate just before a death or calamity will occur. He goes from place to place to warn people about impending disaster in the hope of saving lives. In the book he reassures the other people that the creatures do not cause any harm but they feed on the fear and sadness and other negative emotion. If there are many creatures congregating, it means it will be a big thing, multiple deaths etc.

Maybe the author knows something about this????

sounds like something i should get to reading asap.
pinkfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #54
zenith82

I've been experiencing sleep paralysis for as long as I can remember and not once have I encountered anything demonic or negative beside me but my mum always has a presence in her room when she gets sleep paralysis. I experience what can only be described as a split in consciousness. One part of me is aware i cannot move and aware of my surroundings, my bed, my room and my body, and another part of me is experiencing a "dream" similtaneously. Only on one or two occassions has the dream state been negative. I've seen some stunning places in these states, words couldn't even begin to describe them, i've never seen anything that can be described as "alien" although i have seen some enourmous snakes on my travels, but i'm not frightened by them, i've "communicated" with them and they do not do me any harm, in a couple of the more vivid experiences that stay firm in my memory, i have stood in front of other people to stop the snakes getting to them because they don't seem to attack when I am there.

I've read up on sleep paralysis and the most common version is something weighing you down on your bed or being aware of some dark entity by your side, but not a lot of info on positive experiences. Has anybody else had sleep paralysis without the negative part?

Originally Posted by tk421
zenith82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #55
purelibra
Inactive

I have had the paralysis without the negative.It only occurs on waking from one particular dream and it is nutty and iv'e had it since childhood so hang with me here.In my dream im watching a fellow who looks a lot like Dali painting the sky with random things warriors from past times,elephants,flowers,I am sitting on "nothing" and silently watching then the Dali'ish man steps back from his work and exclaims "no it isn't right!" Then a VERY large and very real bird casts a shadow over his painted land.At this point the dream is lucid I can fee the sun that isn't there dim on my skin and the breeze off the bird...and then I wake but cannot move or breathe but im not afraid.
purelibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #56
godgoo

Experienced this a few summers, this is common when I have been out al lday in the hot, hot sun. I have had some fantastic experiences.
The Engineer.co.uk

Last edited by godgoo; 08-12-2009 at 04:10 PM.
godgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #57
gaff

Yeah, so I've had this once, a few weeks back.

Fairly similar to much of the other descriptions I've read here and there.

Early morning I "wake up" to something literally Raping me, sexually like, and for the first split second I am enjoying the experience before I realise whats going on, and the fact that I cant move, I have intense pressure downwards on my chest and theres a great big tall mass of "black" risen above me frigging around with me.

I cant even talk - as I attempt to scream out to try and "wake up" properly. In a split second I go from a state of sheer panic to sheer determination and end up fighting this off with a ridiculous amount of effort and eventually physically waking up - being able to move etc.

Afterwards I wasnt overly bothered by the experience, I just retain a strong sense that if I hadn't have fought as hard as I did to get out of it then...well I dunno WHAT would've happened.

Also someone mentioned the waking up between 3 and 4 am thing...this happens nigh on EVERY night for me, I always thought it strange but then I seen some movie which puts great significance on the 3-3.30am time period - The Exorcism Of Emily Rose it might have been. Probably has no real significance but it freaked me out when I saw the film.
gaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #58
lyrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaff View Post

Early morning I "wake up" to something literally Raping me, sexually like, and for the first split second I am enjoying the experience before I realise whats going on, and the fact that I cant move, I have intense pressure downwards on my chest and theres a great big tall mass of "black" risen above me frigging around with me.
Interesting to read that others have had similar experiences, i wonder what what it is... especially as most people feel it swings from them enjoying it, to realizing its something not good!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #59
lyrag

I forgot to mention that this happened( i think its AFTER will have to check)what others have describe to me as a 'spiritual awakening' basically i was asleep in my room, i woke up and i felt like no way to explain this other than the world had died, everything was cold and silent. i have had this before when their has been earth tremors so the next thing i noticed was that my room began to shake, i could not control my legs, by this point i started to panic as i remember feeling like something was trying to pull me out of my physical body and i was just trying to concentrate on breathing. I was 19/20 when this happened and i was terrified that i woke my mother up and had to stay in her bed that night as i felt if i didn't something would gain control over me and take me 'away' .. i remember walking from my bedroom to my mothers and saying i was off balance is an understatement, i literally thought there was a bad earthquake until my mother said it was just me, i woudlnt of belived her if it wasnt for the expression on her face. Next what happened was small blue lights came into the room, i would guess at around 12 , not in any pattern though jumping all over the place. My mother also saw these! which i find bizzare if it was a spiritual awakening. By this point i was sat up trying to breath properly as i felt whatever it was had 'changed my heart beat' ( i have had tons of people on other forums say that i should of gone to doctors as it could of been a medical problem, i went and nothing came up, it WAS NOT a panic attack as i have had those in the past' My mother was shouting at the lights to leave me alone, they stayed for around an hour from what i remember, i just remember staring at them and trying to figure out were they were coming from, we looked outside and no lights or anything. After a while i felt extremely exhausted and decided to go to sleep IN my mothers bed as i still presumed that i would wake up in the morning and the something major had happened in the world. Well when i shut my eyes this was my first experience of seeing 'symbols' i get this quite frequently now, i close my eyes and it is like staring down one of those kaleidoscope's(think thats the right one?) tribally type symbols merging and and out of each other. i didnt manage to draw any of the symbols that night but since then i take advantage of the situation and try to remember at least 2 of them that i can draw afterwards. One of which resembles a type of Zuni sun symbol, its the nearest symbol i can find that matches it.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #60
shellygurrrl
Inactive

The thing is, about the "negative entity" experience... it is usually simply your conscious mind labeling what it can not understand. I believe SP is you leaving your body, but waking up in the process. We attribute death and anything having to do with us leaving our body as bad and negative. It's logical to me that we would see a dark figure or ominous presence there, when it is really simply that separate part of us outside our body. We don't understand it, so we tend to label what we don't understand as being something that might hurt us, until we understand it better.
shellygurrrl is offline   Reply With Quote