Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 01-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
cosmicpurpose1.618

Default U.S AG fired for not supporting travel ban

Acting Attorney General, Sally Yates was fired for opposing her president's new executive order.

The Obama-apointee had this to say in a letter to Justice Department lawyers:

"THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT WON’T DEFEND PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP’S EXECUTIVE ORDER
BLOCKING ALL REFUGEES AND CERTAIN FOREIGN NATIONALS."

“I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THE POSITIONS WE TAKE IN COURT REMAIN CONSISTENT WITH THIS INSTITUTION’S SOLEMN
OBLIGATION TO ALWAYS SEEK JUSTICE AND STAND FOR WHAT IS RIGHT,”

“AT PRESENT, I AM NOT CONVINCED THAT THE DEFENSE OF THE EXECUTIVE ORDER IS CONSISTENT WITH THESE RESPONSIBILITIES NOR AM I CONVINCED THAT THE EXECUTIVE ORDER IS LAWFUL.”

http://www.breitbartunmasked.com/201...ping-her-oath/

((Apologies, original copied text was in caps and didn't feel like re-typing it))

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Last edited by cosmicpurpose1.618; 01-02-2017 at 01:16 PM.
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
the tealady
Forum Advisor

There were legal precedents to support it being a legal decision. Silly woman. Nobody is indespensible and a month from now people will have forgotten all about it and she will have crashed her career.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #3
cosmicpurpose1.618

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
There were legal precedents to support it being a legal decision. Silly woman. Nobody is indespensible and a month from now people will have forgotten all about it and she will have crashed her career.
Interesting take, tealady

There were legal precedents?

Do you mind posting a link or two about them?
Old 01-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
eddy64

could be this :- http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...the-theatrics/

"While the blue-state crowd is protesting President Trump’s order banning travel to the US by citizens of Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia, what gets lost in all the shouting is that the legal and political basis of his order was laid down by President Barack Obama. These people don’t care to recall that, in 2013, Obama banned all refugees from Iraq for six months, and his action was hardly noticed: Trump is only proposing a ninety-day pause. What prompted Obama’s action, as ABC News reported at the time, was “the discovery in 2009 of two al Qaeda-Iraq terrorists living as refugees in Bowling Green, Kentucky — who later admitted in court that they’d attacked U.S. soldiers in Iraq.”

Two years later, Congress passed a law, the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act, that restricted travel visas for citizens of “states of concern,” i.e. Syria, Sudan, Iraq, Iran and “any other country or area of concern.” Obama promptly signed it. In early 2016, the Department of Homeland Security unilaterally extended these restrictions to Yemen, Libya, and Somalia. What this meant was that the visa waiver program did not apply to citizens of these countries: travelers had to apply for a visa at US embassies, a highly problematic matter (Syria, for one, has no such facility) and were very unlikely to be successful in their efforts. I don’t recall any protests at the time.
"

I got a job as a petrol pump for the government undercover, come here I want to talk to you. here didn't you kill my brother? didn't you kill didn't you kill my brother, didn't you kill didn't you kill my brother?
eddy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
cosmicpurpose1.618

Thanks eddy!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:15 AM   #6
Dude111

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicpurpose1.618
Acting Attorney General, Sally Yates was fired for opposing her president's new executive order
FUCK TRUMP AND HIS STUPID FUCKA TRAVEL BAN!!!!!!

A 12yo girl is stuck in africa because of this and a 1yo cannot get the help he needs!!!

FUCK YOU TRUMP!!!!!!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 04:47 PM   #7
st jimmy

Finally, the US Supreme Court decided in a 5-to-4 ruling in favour of Trump’s travel ban that restricts travel from 7 mostly Muslim countries — Iran, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Venezuela and North Korea.
Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. said that Mr. Trump had ample statutory authority to make national security judgments concerning immigration.

The court’s majority took a momentous step by overruling the Korematsu case, reversing a wartime ruling that for decades has stood as an emblem of a morally repugnant response to fear.
Chief Justice Roberts said Tuesday’s decision was different:
Quote:
The forcible relocation of U.S. citizens to concentration camps, solely and explicitly on the basis of race, is objectively unlawful and outside the scope of presidential authority. But it is wholly inapt to liken that morally repugnant order to a facially neutral policy denying certain foreign nationals the privilege of admission.
The entry suspension is an act that is well within executive authority and could have been taken by any other president — the only question is evaluating the actions of this particular president in promulgating an otherwise valid proclamation.
Trump’s ban on travel had been effectively in place since December, but only since Tuesday’s ruling the legal cloud over the policy is lifted.
President Donald hailed the decision as a “tremendous victory”:
Quote:
This ruling is also a moment of profound vindication following months of hysterical commentary from the media and Democratic politicians who refuse to do what it takes to secure our border and our country.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/u...ravel-ban.html