Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Have a Laugh

Old 29-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
TheArranger

Default Etymology forgery/distortion

For political or ‘educational’ purposes…

Not only our national tongues got corrupted along the time but so were etymological roots and thus the true meaning of practically every single word we use to communicate between each others. No wonder we never get to agree together on anything…

You might pick almost any common word but I just heard the following one ‘explained’ by a TV show’s character…

As you must know the Vikings were absolute monsters sailing the seven seas in quest of innocent English people to barbarically rob and slaughter in bloody acts of ‘piracy’… well this one is the meaning lent to the word, its evocation and etymological roots all at once…

Quote:
Vikings (Old English: wicing—"pirate",Danish and Bokmål: vikinger; Swedish and Nynorsk: vikingar; Icelandic: víkingar, from Old Norse) were Norse seafarers, mainly speaking the Old Norse language, who during the late 8th to late 11th centuries, raided and traded from their Northern European homelands across wide areas of Europe, and explored westwards to Iceland, Greenland, and Vinland - Wiki
So you may pick the first closest translation tool to check what the English ‘pirate’ looks like for instance in Swedish why not…

Pirat : sjörövare

http://www.wordreference.com/ensv/pirate

Further checking finds no ‘vikinger’ or ‘vikingar’ in that tongue but it’s true we here have to do with very old Swedish that only etymologists and such entitled frauds can know about.

So let’s follow our own intuition and check for instance how today’s Swedish people say ‘we’…

We : vi

http://www.wordreference.com/ensv/we

Now let’s check which Swedish word could be somehow related to ‘king’ for instance…

King : kung

We kings… That’s what ‘Vikings’ means, looks and sounds like, but too many people’s job is to make you believe that ‘things aren’t what they seem to be’…
TheArranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
iamawaveofthesea

where are you going with this?
Old 30-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
TheArranger

you again...

I'm going nowhere, just standing here... where are you going with that stupid 'reply' of yours ?

I didn't post it on the general forum because it's humour... 'humour', never heard about it ?
Old 30-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
TheArranger

I know what didn’t please you but yes, there are people whose job is to make you believe that things aren’t what they seem to be… they’re scholars, teachers or news people suppressing evidence and trying to ban common sense from the public’s mind…

It’s easier for you to come and ask what’s this all about?? than to find and work out another word as a new example for instance, but if you find more interesting to know whether a man can actually levitate then go, I'll not hold you back...

Last edited by TheArranger; 30-12-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 30-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #5
Prince_Arthur
Premier Subscribers

Exclamation Etymology of ‘humour’

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArranger View Post
you again...

I'm going nowhere, just standing here... where are you going with that stupid 'reply' of yours ?

I didn't post it on the general forum because it's humour... 'humour', never heard about it ?
Thanks Flower…..

Etymology of ‘humour’:

Middle English: via Old French from Latin humor ‘moisture’, from humere (see humid). The original sense was ‘bodily fluid’ (surviving in aqueous humour and vitreous humour ); it was used specifically for any of the cardinal humours (sense 3 of the noun), whence ‘mental disposition’ (thought to be caused by the relative proportions of the humours). This led, in the 16th century, to the senses ‘mood’ (sense 2 of the noun) and ‘whim’, hence to humour someone ‘to indulge a person's whim’. Sense 1 of the noun dates from the late 16th century.

Which bodily fluid is aligned with your ‘humour’?

https://pubastrology.com/new-world-o...of-the-garter/

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress...ter-v1_6-1.pdf
Prince_Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
TheArranger

And now for the perverted philatelist… got no more stamps to sort out, you laughable being ?

I’s rightly checking some sources regarding the paranoid and senseless junk you posted about the ‘honni soit qui mal y pense’ French sentence… you’re sick people, really, I don’t find anything else to say… I hope for them you got no children…

need someone too defend you, wave ?

what a misery...
Old 30-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #7
TheArranger

Imawave spends his posting time ranting around and seeing depressing conspiracies everywhere you end up fearing for his mental health…

you ‘PRINCE arthur’ and stjimmy make whole page boring threads hosting dozens links to even more boring articles but can’t even spot the biggest fraud when you got it under your nose, and yet get offensive to anyone dares to address you… what a sad pair, really…

Collecting enough data to make threads to be posted on a forum is all you do and all you can do… but unknowingly relaying media BS in the process as well as how unpleasant you are get your stuff unreliable and not worthy of any attention…

that's what people like you do of that wonderful medium the Internet is...