Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 13-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #41
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
you've probably never been further north than the watford gap because it was getting scary ey
Do you actually care?
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #42
decode reality

Quote:
since when did stereotypes become bad anyway ?

majority of the time they are spot on describing peoples sensibilities
Well yes, Northerners are thick oiks who wear ferrets down their dungarees, and southerners are just nancy boys. I know this because I once went on a day trip to London, setting off from Grimsby.
Old 13-09-2017, 06:02 PM   #43
the mighty zhiba
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post

This follows in the wake of a string of similar complaints made by Brazilians residing in the uk.
They managed to shut down the local beauticians in town after weeks and weeks of protesting too.

Ronaldinio is apparently going to sue the WoToWaG (Wax on and Tear off Waxers Association Guild) for an undesclosed sum (rumoured to be 14 billion dollars) in a defamation case because someone said he looked like a cunt.

Father Ted:
No Dougal, that wasn't mad. That's when our Lord got a few bits of food together and made lots of food, and everyone had dinner.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #44
tinfoil hat

*News just in*

Cadburys Fruit and Nut bars banned due to offending the mentally challenged and the LGBT crowd.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #45
Merrylegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Hmmm! I'm not sure if Lancashire is north or south of Yorkshire. Perhaps a bit of both. Maybe it's a paradox.
West
Merrylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #46
thee_doctor

Quote:
Offensive, or chocolate covered peanuts?

Next on the hit list?

Aldi used to sell stuff with names like that on it, yet nobody complained.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #47
mranderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Well yes, Northerners are thick oiks who wear ferrets down their dungarees, and southerners are just nancy boys. I know this because I once went on a day trip to London, setting off from Grimsby.
ouch ! some of the best comedy is all about observing stereotypes and exaggerating them a bit

I just don't remember getting the memo that said stereotypes are now un funny and ''reinforcing'' bad things

if we can't laugh at ourselves it's a shame
Old 13-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #48
artmuzz

This is just PC gone mad. Pardon the pun.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #49
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrylegs View Post
West
Posh then, due to prevailing westerly winds.

That explains it.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #50
decode reality

Quote:
ouch ! some of the best comedy is all about observing stereotypes and exaggerating them a bit

I just don't remember getting the memo that said stereotypes are now un funny and ''reinforcing'' bad things

if we can't laugh at ourselves it's a shame
I agree, there's a bit of truth and humour in all stereotypes, and being able to laugh at yourself is healthy. It doesn't detract from whatever serious work you might be doing.

I like to think most of the population looking at this story will laugh at it for the nonsense it is.

A quote from John Cleese:

"A renowned psychiatrist, Robin Skynner, said something very interesting to me, he said: “If people can’t control their own emotions then they have to start controlling other people’s behaviour.” And when you are around super-sensitive you cannot relax and be spontaneous because you have no idea what’s going to upset them next."

Last edited by decode reality; 14-09-2017 at 08:43 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #51
techman

Quote:
I believe little things like this are a form of conditioning aimed at the younger generations.
Little kids nowadays have no physical freedoms. I don't know any parent who would allow their child to run free. Activities for children are now prearranged and supervised. God forbid they are given any space to allow their imaginations to flourish.

I see all this PC shite as gaining control over their minds. They will be unable to remember a time when their lives and thoughts were not controlled because eventually the up ad coming generations will never experience true freedoms.

All this gender neutral stuff which is being pushed at schools is most certainly part of the bigger picture in confusing and controlling young minds. (imo)

You said it more or less perfectly there. You mention kids having little to no physical freedoms. How many times I say things like that to my girlfriend about my children, and children today in general, yet all people do is just say stupid things back like "the world's not safe these days...too many cars, kids going missing", etc. The usual response you get. Granted there are too many cars on the roads, but this nonsense about children being kidnapped or whatever is just blown out of proportion. When kids can go somewhere (as you rightly pointed out) they are always (most of the time) under constant supervision and their activities rearranged by someone or some club, and no doubt monitored by a dozen or so CCTV cameras that will no doubt be installed in those places, because let's face, where can you go these days outside your own home where there aint a camera?, not many. We're sending off our kids to these "youth centres" and whatnot and clubs, yet it's making parents (who mostly can barely afford to make ends meet with bills and mortgages) pay for it, more spending in addition to it all.

It seems, where I live anyway, that alot of "public" fields are being taken over and turned into private football sports fields with fences and locked gates so noone, other than the club or members, can gain access to it. You might think that's a good idea, but if you're a group of kids who want to just hang around a field after school and chill out play abit of football, or a dog walker, you''ll find there's nowhere for them to go. And any spare land that's just sitting there, the land we has kids (for those old enough to remember) used to hide in and build dens and tree houses, are now being fenced off and sold to developers. Nearly all of my spare time, from say when I was old enough to go out unsupervised at around 6, was spent outside the back of my house playing in the long, overgrown grass with a couple of friends that lived on the opposite side of the field. We used to play tracker (a kind of hide and seek), builds dens and just generally play innocent and just letting our minds run free. Today that would be seemed "anti-social" and a sign that you're some scally upto causing trouble. Nothing of the sort. Now kids, when at home, are stuck inside all of the time, no doubt in a home where the wifi router and the smart meter is pumping out all the electrosmog radiation into our children's brains and likely affected their health, both physically and mentally.

Off topic there slightly. But regarding this story, absolutely silly. As someone said, if this was to do with gender fluidity, the issue would've never made the headlines. Tbh I have never had an issue with the golliwogs. Nothing offensive that I can see there. Al Jolson was painting his face brown to look like he was a black person, but it was just entertainment.

Last edited by techman; 14-09-2017 at 09:12 AM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 09:09 AM   #52
techman

I wouldn't trust the likes of John Cleese. I know Rowan Atkinson has been vocal about political correctness, but you got to remember the likes of Atkinson and Cleese come from the those privileged backgrounds where all manner of social engineering teachings are taught. Atkinson was going on about this kind of stuff, yet ironically was participating in the 2012 London Olympic ceremony.

Last edited by techman; 14-09-2017 at 09:11 AM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #53
decode reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
I wouldn't trust the likes of John Cleese. I know Rowan Atkinson has been vocal about political correctness, but you got to remember the likes of Atkinson and Cleese come from the those privileged backgrounds where all manner of social engineering teachings are taught. Atkinson was going on about this kind of stuff, yet ironically was participating in the 2012 London Olympic ceremony.
So, is it only valid to comment on this stuff if you're from a poor background or less wealthy than John Cleese?

What he's saying is right in principle, and I'm from the opposite end of the social spectrum he comes from. He's only articulating what lots of others are saying, and they're not all from privileged backgrounds.

As for "elite social engineering", there isn't any in his work. Although I suppose someone might now dredge up something tenuous as "evidence", such as his well-known sitcom which was a blatant conspiracy against the hotel industry.

Last edited by decode reality; 15-09-2017 at 05:19 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 02:34 PM   #54
serpentine

Will they be launching Brazil nut 'nutters' in time for Xmas?
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 05:27 PM   #55
artmuzz

Because of all the fuss in the news, I bought a packet of Nutters at my local Poundland today even though I don't have a sweet tooth. The packet could become a rarity and collector's item once they withdraw them from sale. However, they taste awful and judging by the ingredients they cannot be good on one's mental health anyway.

Last edited by artmuzz; 14-09-2017 at 05:51 PM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #56
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
Because of all the fuss in the news, I bought a packet of Nutters at my local Poundland today even though I don't have a sweet tooth. The packet could become a rarity and collector's item once they withdraw them from sale. However, they taste awful and judging by the ingredients they cannot be good on one's mental health anyway.
You could be right.

btw, How many are you going to buy? A whole box? How much are you intending to flog on ebay?
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus

Last edited by elshaper; 15-09-2017 at 10:47 AM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #57
De Gothia

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Looking at the packet it clearly is a pastiche on people with mental health issues. I'm not sure how you can reason that it isn't. However, I do think it's a bit nuts to be offended by it, mental health issues or not.
No it isn't directed at people with mental health issues, not at all. I'm not sure how you can ''reason'' how it is? Those who think it is perhaps have mental health issues themselves? The disorder and mental illness of the personality of political correctness? Viewing things the way you do is ultimately what makes way for this kind of Politically Correct insanity in the first place. There's nothing about the name of this sweet wrapper to get offended about in the first place either. Only those who are out to find something to be ''offended'' by could become offended by something like this, or those who think it's directed at people with mental health issues. As you do.

If I was the manufacturer of this product then I would tell all the PC wankers and whinging whining fuckers to fuck off. Fuck it I would even go out of my way to name sweets that offend and take the piss out of these PC morons, just for the fun of it, and to annoy them as much as possible.

Last edited by De Gothia; 15-09-2017 at 11:40 AM.
De Gothia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #58
cosmicpurpose1.618

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Gothia View Post
If I was the manufacturer of this product then I would tell all the PC wankers and whinging whining fuckers to fuck off. Fuck it I would even go out of my way to name sweets that offend and take the piss out of these PC morons, just for the fun of it, and to annoy them as much as possible.
Nice

and I will manufacture products that offend you and other templar-tards.

Maybe something like, 'Crusader-Crumpets', 'Made with real self-righteousness and the blood of the innocent!' ?
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #59
De Gothia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicpurpose1.618 View Post
Nice

and I will manufacture products that offend you and other templar-tards.

Maybe something like, 'Crusader-Crumpets', 'Made with real self-righteousness and the blood of the innocent!' ?
Feel free, the difference being none of those names would be all that funny or fitting in the true spirit of things anyhow, as they would all very much be in support of the present PC status-quo. Therefore not subject to or open to anything near the same level of parody or fun as smashing PC is. Political Correctness is destroying the ability to challenge and correct the current Status Quo. Those who don't realize that at this stage are still stuck in party diapers.

Names would never offend me, neither am I a ''Templar-tard.'' Only insecure people with an inferiority complex allow themselves to become offended by petty names or inconsequential words.

I just have a difference of opinion than you do on history, that's all. I.e I don't go along with the official line, as you apparently do? I guess that makes me a ''tard'' of some sort in your eyes. Under the present state of affairs in this upside down World the honour is now all mine.

Last edited by De Gothia; 15-09-2017 at 02:03 PM.
De Gothia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #60
cosmicpurpose1.618

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Gothia View Post
Feel free, the difference being none of those names would be all that funny or fitting in the true spirit of things anyhow, as they would all very much be in support of the present PC status-quo. Therefore not subject to or open to anything near the same level of parody or fun as smashing PC is. Political Correctness is destroying the ability to challenge and correct the current Status Quo. Those who don't realize that at this stage are still stuck in party diapers.

Names would never offend me, neither am I a ''Templar-tard.'' Only insecure people with an inferiority complex allow themselves to become offended by petty names or inconsequential words.

I just have a difference of opinion than you do on history, that's all. I.e I don't go along with the official line, as you obviously do. I guess that makes me a ''tard'' of some sort in your eyes. Under the present state of affairs the honour is all mine.
Well I don't necessarily think you're a "tard" (slow or stupid), I just noticed that you seem to take pleasure in calling others "tard" so I thought I'd see how you like it.

I respect your reply, its consistent with your position on free speech.
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote