Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing > The Nature of Matrix Religions and what they mean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #1
greatestiam
Senior Member
 
greatestiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 219 (184 Posts)
Default Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Chri

Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

You may use whatever set of commandments you think Yahweh gave. There are a number of renditions.

As for the Gnostic commandments, I offer the following.

1. You shall place no commandments above these unless proven to be morally superior.
2. You shall value all people as equal before the law. The inequality of outcome is punishment enough of itself.
3. You shall live by the golden rule and respond with reciprocity of harm or care to what is done to you.
4. Use Gnosis and put logic and reason and their proofs above faith, which by its nature has no proofs, logic or reason.
5. You shall leave the environment in a better condition than what is given to you as an inheritance to your next generation.
6. You shall not impoverish the next generation and live according to the means you produce as their labor and wealth is theirs and not yours to squander.

Gnostic Christianity and free thinking lost the God wars when the Orthodox Church decimated us and burned most of our scriptures. I think that Gnostic Christians had a superior set of commandments then as well as now. Those commandments were not only meant for seekers after a God but also a guide to secular law. Both secular law and Christianity seemed to ignore the second commandment of equality till our modern era. As a Gnostic Christian, I ask (rhetorically), what took the world so long to catch up to Gnostic Christian thinking and what is Islam and other backwards thinking people waiting for.

Many have a problem with the 10 commandments given by Yahweh so I thought I would see if there is a consensus of thought on the Gnostic Christian ideology as compared to the Christian ideology. The main complaints I see are that Yahweh’s commandments have created a Christian ideology that denies gays and women equality. I think all souls to be created equal and thus deserving of equal human statue and citizenship.

Others as seen in these two link have their own views and I would add that I think Yahweh’s no divorce policy, --- which Jesus confirms. --- and Yahweh’s policy of accepting bribes, ransoms or sacrifices (these are all analogue) to alter his usual and moral policy punishing the guilty and not the innocent, --- to the immoral policy of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty, as exemplified by his accepting Jesus as a sacrifice to save sinners whom God himself created to be sinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0#t=100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
DL
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #2
oz93666
Senior Member
 
oz93666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
Posts: 6,478
Likes: 2,999 (1,583 Posts)
Default

"Commandments" have no place in an advanced civilisation ... Those who dwell in a enlightened society make up their own rules , agreed upon by a vote .
Likes: (1)
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:44 AM   #3
B3LI3V3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 38
Likes: 25 (16 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatestiam View Post
Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

You may use whatever set of commandments you think Yahweh gave. There are a number of renditions.

As for the Gnostic commandments, I offer the following.

1. You shall place no commandments above these unless proven to be morally superior.
2. You shall value all people as equal before the law. The inequality of outcome is punishment enough of itself.
3. You shall live by the golden rule and respond with reciprocity of harm or care to what is done to you.
4. Use Gnosis and put logic and reason and their proofs above faith, which by its nature has no proofs, logic or reason.
5. You shall leave the environment in a better condition than what is given to you as an inheritance to your next generation.
6. You shall not impoverish the next generation and live according to the means you produce as their labor and wealth is theirs and not yours to squander.

Gnostic Christianity and free thinking lost the God wars when the Orthodox Church decimated us and burned most of our scriptures. I think that Gnostic Christians had a superior set of commandments then as well as now. Those commandments were not only meant for seekers after a God but also a guide to secular law. Both secular law and Christianity seemed to ignore the second commandment of equality till our modern era. As a Gnostic Christian, I ask (rhetorically), what took the world so long to catch up to Gnostic Christian thinking and what is Islam and other backwards thinking people waiting for.

Many have a problem with the 10 commandments given by Yahweh so I thought I would see if there is a consensus of thought on the Gnostic Christian ideology as compared to the Christian ideology. The main complaints I see are that Yahweh’s commandments have created a Christian ideology that denies gays and women equality. I think all souls to be created equal and thus deserving of equal human statue and citizenship.

Others as seen in these two link have their own views and I would add that I think Yahweh’s no divorce policy, --- which Jesus confirms. --- and Yahweh’s policy of accepting bribes, ransoms or sacrifices (these are all analogue) to alter his usual and moral policy punishing the guilty and not the innocent, --- to the immoral policy of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty, as exemplified by his accepting Jesus as a sacrifice to save sinners whom God himself created to be sinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0#t=100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
DL
You only listed 6 what about the other 4?

Anyway, one of the basic tenets of Gosticism is that all matter is evil, not just gays and women, but everyone and everything that exists in this universe.

Not that I'm a supporter of the demi-urge, but I don't see how thinking everything is evil, is better than thinking that just gays and women are evil.
B3LI3V3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #4
greatestiam
Senior Member
 
greatestiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 219 (184 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
"Commandments" have no place in an advanced civilisation ... Those who dwell in a enlightened society make up their own rules , agreed upon by a vote .
I basically agree.

Those rules become laws and laws are basically commandments. No?

That aside. Are you able to judge the rules given above against Yahwehs to ascertain which set is more moral or useful?

Regards
DL
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:10 PM   #5
greatestiam
Senior Member
 
greatestiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 219 (184 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3LI3V3 View Post
You only listed 6 what about the other 4?

Anyway, one of the basic tenets of Gosticism is that all matter is evil, not just gays and women, but everyone and everything that exists in this universe.

Not that I'm a supporter of the demi-urge, but I don't see how thinking everything is evil, is better than thinking that just gays and women are evil.
Where have you been getting such ridiculous information? From those who killed us off and burned our scriptures?

That describes a tribe of masochists or something.

You might want to read about our actual beliefs from our documents instead of whatever you are reading.

Here. Have a look at what we really think. I will give you the old writing and add my own modernized view.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand. That is an irrefutable statement.

Regards
DL
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #6
tinfoil hat
Senior Member
 
tinfoil hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 806
Likes: 650 (351 Posts)
Default

I think its mental that so many of us are that weak minded we need a book with commandments telling us we shouldn't hurt others.
__________________
There is one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter what the odds or the consequences. When the whole world is telling you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree at the river of truth, and tell the whole world

NO, YOU MOVE.
tinfoil hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
kaito9
Senior Member
 
kaito9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 524
Likes: 247 (160 Posts)
Default

__________________
Time is Knowledge.
From Knowledge comes Wisdom.
Wisdom leads to Action.

Last edited by kaito9; 12-09-2017 at 03:27 PM.
kaito9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #8
greatestiam
Senior Member
 
greatestiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 219 (184 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoil hat View Post
I think its mental that so many of us are that weak minded we need a book with commandments telling us we shouldn't hurt others.
If you are talking of well educated children and adults, no argument.

That is not what we have though. Children generally need guidance and way too many adults have their heads up some supernatural God's ass. Not too bright that.

Now if governments and religions stopped dumbing us down, you would have a point.

Regards
DL
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #9
greatestiam
Senior Member
 
greatestiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 219 (184 Posts)
Default

kaito9

Thanks for that but you forgot to answer the O.P.

Do you have an opinion or just pictures?

Regards
DL

Last edited by greatestiam; 12-09-2017 at 07:13 PM.
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #10
chriswalker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 126
Likes: 113 (61 Posts)
Default

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.

Gnosticism is far better than Catholic/Orthodox Christianity, that's for sure.
Likes: (1)
chriswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 03:50 PM   #11
Daisy101
Senior Member
 
Daisy101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 423
Likes: 280 (177 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatestiam View Post
Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

You may use whatever set of commandments you think Yahweh gave. There are a number of renditions.

As for the Gnostic commandments, I offer the following.

1. You shall place no commandments above these unless proven to be morally superior.
2. You shall value all people as equal before the law. The inequality of outcome is punishment enough of itself.
3. You shall live by the golden rule and respond with reciprocity of harm or care to what is done to you.
4. Use Gnosis and put logic and reason and their proofs above faith, which by its nature has no proofs, logic or reason.
5. You shall leave the environment in a better condition than what is given to you as an inheritance to your next generation.
6. You shall not impoverish the next generation and live according to the means you produce as their labor and wealth is theirs and not yours to squander.

Gnostic Christianity and free thinking lost the God wars when the Orthodox Church decimated us and burned most of our scriptures. I think that Gnostic Christians had a superior set of commandments then as well as now. Those commandments were not only meant for seekers after a God but also a guide to secular law. Both secular law and Christianity seemed to ignore the second commandment of equality till our modern era. As a Gnostic Christian, I ask (rhetorically), what took the world so long to catch up to Gnostic Christian thinking and what is Islam and other backwards thinking people waiting for.

Many have a problem with the 10 commandments given by Yahweh so I thought I would see if there is a consensus of thought on the Gnostic Christian ideology as compared to the Christian ideology. The main complaints I see are that Yahweh’s commandments have created a Christian ideology that denies gays and women equality. I think all souls to be created equal and thus deserving of equal human statue and citizenship.

Others as seen in these two link have their own views and I would add that I think Yahweh’s no divorce policy, --- which Jesus confirms. --- and Yahweh’s policy of accepting bribes, ransoms or sacrifices (these are all analogue) to alter his usual and moral policy punishing the guilty and not the innocent, --- to the immoral policy of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty, as exemplified by his accepting Jesus as a sacrifice to save sinners whom God himself created to be sinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0#t=100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
DL

You said "I offer the following"....

The rules said...
"The Religion Forum
The religion forum was set-up in order for people to discuss, debate and expose the true nature of religions. David's view has always been that all religions exist in order to divide and rule. The intention on this forum is to expose religions for what they really are and not to promote them. We will not tolerate posts or posters with any kind of religious agenda. You are welcome to discuss and debate with the rest of us. However, this forum is not for promotion or recruitment to your religion. Any threads or posts which veer towards this will be deleted."

So why does this forum have some kind of 'special' rules for you then?... you are promoting a religion!!!!

Last edited by Daisy101; 13-09-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Daisy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #12
greatestiam
Senior Member
 
greatestiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 219 (184 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswalker View Post
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.

Gnosticism is far better than Catholic/Orthodox Christianity, that's for sure.
Thanks for your last. I agree.

Can you explain or break down your first 3 sentences though?

Regards
DL
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #13
greatestiam
Senior Member
 
greatestiam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 219 (184 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy101 View Post
You said "I offer the following"....

The rules said...
"The Religion Forum
The religion forum was set-up in order for people to discuss, debate and expose the true nature of religions. David's view has always been that all religions exist in order to divide and rule. The intention on this forum is to expose religions for what they really are and not to promote them. We will not tolerate posts or posters with any kind of religious agenda. You are welcome to discuss and debate with the rest of us. However, this forum is not for promotion or recruitment to your religion. Any threads or posts which veer towards this will be deleted."

So why does this forum have some kind of 'special' rules for you then?... you are promoting a religion!!!!
I am asking for an evaluation of one ideology as compared to the other.

That is obvious to the discerning reader as shown by the last poster to answer the question.

Regards
DL
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.