Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 22-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
spellbound
Banned

Default >>AJ's New Vid about self defence Texas Style<<

http://infowars.com/video-see-alex-jones-new-gun-show/

Aj and 3 friends spend a few happy hours on a ranch in Central Texas ..

I think he is HINTING at "something"........

comments welcome
spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
jonas parker

Great video. Here in Texas, a firearm and "The Castle Doctrine" keep us all much safer.
Old 22-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Speaking as a military trained firearms owning truthseeker, shooting hairspray cans and melons makes for visually stimulating television but shitty training.

There are possible "goals" for any film/video project:
- to record
- to inform
- to persuade
- to entertain

Most things contain a mixture of these in various proportions. AJ has a new way to sell water filters, and he wants it to be entertaining. I'd rather see more informative content. There are a lot of things he could do with this new show. Time will tell. I don't have high expectations of AJ. He's a shill.
apollo_gnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
spellbound
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo_gnomon View Post
Speaking as a military trained firearms owning truthseeker, shooting hairspray cans and melons makes for visually stimulating television but shitty training.

. He's a shill.

I don't think you have a lot of imagination apollo.....I've read enough of your posts to realize what a loser you are.....respectfully,cathetar...........
Old 22-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
spellbound
Banned

This AJ vid is information disguised as entertainment......

Let's say you & your wife live on a few acres in a rural area & your house is a hundred yards from the road.....& you get a warning from a person down the road that some maurading banditos are in the area ....You take your 3 small propane tanks and cover them with brush and tree limbs 50 yards from your house......

When the bad guys show up your dogs start barking......you shoot at the bad guys & they take cover behind the brush piles & you shoot the propane tanks that are hidden under the brush......Ka BOOM ! !

The bad guys will think you have some serious ordanance & run like hell....
Old 22-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
I don't think you have a lot of imagination apollo.....I've read enough of your posts to realize what a loser you are.....respectfully,cathetar...........
I've read enough of your posts to realize your version of "imagination" is fantasizing end-of-the-world DOOOM!!! scenarios every time a dog barks, and your version of "not being a loser" means having a 100% failure rate at predicting DOOOOOOM!!!!!!

So, thanks.

I used to have a lot more "imagination" than I do now, but then I stopped smoking dope.

Just sayin'.
Old 22-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Quote:
You have that exactly backwards.

Quote:
Let's say you & your wife live on a few acres in a rural area & your house is a hundred yards from the road.....& you get a warning from a person down the road that some maurading banditos are in the area ....You take your 3 small propane tanks and cover them with brush and tree limbs 50 yards from your house......

When the bad guys show up your dogs start barking......you shoot at the bad guys & they take cover behind the brush piles & you shoot the propane tanks that are hidden under the brush......Ka BOOM ! !

Your Hollywood-inspired fantasy scenario is nonsensical and unrealistic.

Instead, say my wife and I live in a small city 3 blocks from Main Street. (we do) Marauding banditos come into the house (or get into shop full of power tools, where I also store the longarms, bulk ammo and reloading supplies) and the alarm system goes off.

What I wanna know is should my wife get her .357 out of the child-safe pistol locker next to the bed and load it with .38 wadcutters, or .357 hollow points? What about commercially available "safety" ammo, designed to prevent overpenetration?

AJ presenting that shooting session as an inaugural episode of an infowars program suggests to me that he and his buddies shot a bunch of ammo on infowars' dime, a tax deductible business expense.

Yes, I'm cynical. He has an advert in mid-program for a product that sells via his website. There's you're motivation. It isn't about teaching people firearms self defense.
Old 23-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
mushroomhead
Inactive

gun nuts ,
cant point out to them how dumb they sound they just dont have that part of the brain .
mushroomhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #9
mushroomhead
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas parker View Post
Great video. Here in Texas, a firearm and "The Castle Doctrine" keep us all much safer.
do you sleep in a panic room with a pistol under your your pillow on the off chance a guy breaks in armed with a better gun than you ?
Old 23-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #10
spellbound
Banned

public notice....I'm putting apollo & mushroom on ignore....as I feel they are not worth reading....respectfully,cathetar......
Old 23-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #11
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Love the irony of being called "loser" by someone who closes with

Quote:
respectfully,
Thanks for letting me know I'm on ignore.
Old 23-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #12
lizzyking

Quote:
Love the irony of being called "loser" by someone who closes with

Thanks for letting me know I'm on ignore.
It's funny he is putting both you and mushroom on ignore too. As mushroom lives in the UK, where there are different prevailing cultural attitudes regarding firearms, I get the impression you and mushroom might respectfully disagree on some points regarding private guns ownership? But Catheters main beef is that neither of you dutifully join in on the AJ adulation, so he announces that you both are put on ignore.

And he does so with an announcement, in a ludicrous manner of putting on airs, that gives the impression that he thinks of himself as the DIF's self-appointed "Roger Eberts" critic of whose posts are worth reading.

As an aside, myself, I have some issues with the easy availability of handguns without any background check (gun control) for a few reasons, one being, it makes it easier for somebody with deadly criminal intent to carry concealed, but I also have issues with governments that seem a little too keen on disarming the population. That is to say, I support the 2nd Amendment, but not from an absolutist position of a "free for all" availability of weapons of any sort. Its harder to round up dissidents on a door-to-door basis (like Hitler's SS did, for example), if they might have rifles in their homes. And of course people should have a right to defend their home from intruders. The very fact that somebody *might* have a firearm in their home (whether rifle or handgun), tends to discourage home invasion, methinks.

^See^ @: http://youtu.be/gKFr-vM8n_U?t=11m

Last edited by lizzyking; 23-05-2012 at 02:54 AM.
lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
spellbound
Banned

@ Lizzybling...my "putting on airs" is a joke...I happen to have a broad & deep sense of humor.......& pretending to be important is just a joke on myself....

Public notice:...Ask youself this ....

Why is AJ putting out this vid NOW.......Well,we are haveing a plague of home envasions by Negroes ....we here in the USA are have a crime wave of absurd preportions.......Criminals are using their imaginations & coming up with crime ideas nobody has ever tried before....

and it;s only going to get worse.........

so again I ask .....Why NOW ?

IMO the answer is because the stuff is about to hit the fan.........& guns are an option of last resort........
Your humble servant Cathetar...........................
Old 23-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
mushroomhead
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyking View Post
It's funny he is putting both you and mushroom on ignore too. As mushroom lives in the UK, where there are different prevailing cultural attitudes regarding firearms, I get the impression you and mushroom might respectfully disagree on some points regarding private guns ownership? But Catheters main beef is that neither of you dutifully join in on the AJ adulation, so he announces that you both are put on ignore.

And he does so with an announcement, in a ludicrous manner of putting on airs, that gives the impression that he thinks of himself as the DIF's self-appointed "Roger Eberts" critic of whose posts are worth reading.

As an aside, myself, I have some issues with the easy availability of handguns without any background check (gun control) for a few reasons, one being, it makes it easier for somebody with deadly criminal intent to carry concealed, but I also have issues with governments that seem a little too keen on disarming the population. That is to say, I support the 2nd Amendment, but not from an absolutist position of a "free for all" availability of weapons of any sort. Its harder to round up dissidents on a door-to-door basis (like Hitler's SS did, for example), if they might have rifles in their homes. And of course people should have a right to defend their home from intruders. The very fact that somebody *might* have a firearm in their home (whether rifle or handgun), tends to discourage home invasion, methinks.
my veiw on gun ownership is this -
guns for sporting activities clay pidgeon shooting target shooting .....
is fine
its these raving nutjobs who need a high calibre sniper rifle or semi automatic because the end ins nigh that i cant be arsed with ,
the truth is these guys never grew up beyound the playing soldiers age
and want to justify themselves in any way they can ,

who the hell needs an ak47 or similar ?
a weapon designed to kill as many people as possible ,
a hunting rifle fair enough a shotgun fair enough .
Old 23-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #15
positive_forward

Quote:

It's good advice for those who live in or close by bandido territory.

American-vigilante-heads-for-UK-kill-or-be-killed

Cashing in on the riots: American vigilante headed for Britain to teach violence-scarred suburbs to 'kill or be killed'

By Nadia Gilani
UPDATED: 19:28, 7 November 2011

An American who preaches a 'kill-or-be-killed' style of vigilante self-defence is facing calls for a ban on him entering Britain.

Firearms expert Tim Larkin plans to hold a series of training seminars in the UK in the wake of the summer riots.

Las Vegas-based Mr Larkin insists that in 'broken Britain' the only answer for people who feel vulnerable or threatened is to arm themselves with weapons, including guns.

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=209403
positive_forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #16
spellbound
Banned

12 Gage Shotguns Rule......

Last edited by spellbound; 23-05-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 24-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
pinkiepie
Banned

dont be taken by insults apollo
pinkiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
apollo_gnomon
Banned

I've been called everything in the book on this site. The only time I've ever reported it was when I was called an idiot by someone who didn't deserve to have the status "moderator" under their name . . . and that person doesn't now.

Anyway, I'll address spellbound's last post:
Quote:
12 Gage Shotguns Rule......
I've only fired a shotgun a couple of times and didn't care for it, as a shooting experience. I can't imagine letting off a 12 gauge load of buck or bird shot indoors and enjoying the results in either short or long term.

I understand how the power and size of a shotgun can be both intimidating and effective, but I don't think it's the right self defense answer in all cases.

Here's an article on Guns for Home Defense. Some of the things this author says are contradicted by other things I've read and been taught elsewhere, but I'll quote some relevant portions (bold added for emphasis):

Quote:
Like rifles, shotguns are unwieldy weapons indoors and are liable to be seized by an intruder. Replacing the buttstock with a pistol grip makes a shotgun somewhat handier in tight spaces. I find that particularly true onboard a boat. Pachmayr makes a good replacement pistol grip for the most common brands of shotguns, and some Mossberg security models come with both standard and pistol grip buttstocks. Remember that you still have to aim to hit a target. Do not fire a shotgun from the hip!

A shotgun would seem to be an excellent choice for sweeping rioters from the front porch steps during a civil insurrection, but for defense inside the home a handgun is probably a better choice. However, a riot gun is a fine back-up weapon if the situation gets out of control.
Training I've had teaches that the best firearm for a given situation is the one you have and can operate safely. That said, the military uses METT-TC to plan the best approach to operations:
Mission, Enemy, Terrain and weather, Troops and support available—Time available, Civilians (Civil considerations). That's why in Iraq you had artillery brigades saddled up in an infantry role, kicking doors in Fallujah. Use of MLRS rockets or 155mm shells was totally inappropriate and wouldn't achieve the goals of the mission, but the soldiers were available so they got stuck going house to house looking for insurgent cells and bomb workshops.

For my home defense, I chose to buy Mrs. Gnomon a .357 revolver, stainless steel with a 4" barrel. It's large and shiny, thus very obvious and serious looking. I got it for her because I'm out of town every year for a couple weeks in the summer and worry. I've taught her to use it and I regularly check the pistol safe and change the battery to make sure the keypad will work in the dark so she doesn't have to go find the mechanical key to get it open.

That said, if the only firearm available is the family heirloom single-shot 20 gauge, use it. Practice loading it quickly so you can get follow-on shots.

The thing you DON'T want to use is a non-lethal gun-shaped-object. By pulling a gun on an intruder you are escalating the situation to life-or-death, and you'd better be able to follow through. A bb or CO2 pellet pistol that looks like a real handgun or a starter/blank pistol or even paintball marker is going to have the same effect of escalating the situation but leave you without the means to back up the bluff with deadly force.

RULE 1 of firearms: Never point a weapon at anything unless you intend to destroy it.
RULE 2 of firearms: Treat every weapon as loaded at all times, unless you have personally JUST checked it and haven't put it down.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
firstlook

Quote:
I've been called everything in the book on this site. The only time I've ever reported it was when I was called an idiot by someone who didn't deserve to have the status "moderator" under their name . . . and that person doesn't now.

Anyway, I'll address spellbound's last post:

I've only fired a shotgun a couple of times and didn't care for it, as a shooting experience. I can't imagine letting off a 12 gauge load of buck or bird shot indoors and enjoying the results in either short or long term.

I understand how the power and size of a shotgun can be both intimidating and effective, but I don't think it's the right self defense answer in all cases.

Here's an article on Guns for Home Defense. Some of the things this author says are contradicted by other things I've read and been taught elsewhere, but I'll quote some relevant portions (bold added for emphasis):

Training I've had teaches that the best firearm for a given situation is the one you have and can operate safely. That said, the military uses METT-TC to plan the best approach to operations:
Mission, Enemy, Terrain and weather, Troops and support available—Time available, Civilians (Civil considerations). That's why in Iraq you had artillery brigades saddled up in an infantry role, kicking doors in Fallujah. Use of MLRS rockets or 155mm shells was totally inappropriate and wouldn't achieve the goals of the mission, but the soldiers were available so they got stuck going house to house looking for insurgent cells and bomb workshops.

For my home defense, I chose to buy Mrs. Gnomon a .357 revolver, stainless steel with a 4" barrel. It's large and shiny, thus very obvious and serious looking. I got it for her because I'm out of town every year for a couple weeks in the summer and worry. I've taught her to use it and I regularly check the pistol safe and change the battery to make sure the keypad will work in the dark so she doesn't have to go find the mechanical key to get it open.

That said, if the only firearm available is the family heirloom single-shot 20 gauge, use it. Practice loading it quickly so you can get follow-on shots.

The thing you DON'T want to use is a non-lethal gun-shaped-object. By pulling a gun on an intruder you are escalating the situation to life-or-death, and you'd better be able to follow through. A bb or CO2 pellet pistol that looks like a real handgun or a starter/blank pistol or even paintball marker is going to have the same effect of escalating the situation but leave you without the means to back up the bluff with deadly force.

RULE 1 of firearms: Never point a weapon at anything unless you intend to destroy it.
RULE 2 of firearms: Treat every weapon as loaded at all times, unless you have personally JUST checked it and haven't put it down.
Good post. I would add a third

Rule 3 of firearms: If you need a weapon to feel safe just to communicate with someone, best to avoid interaction overall.

IMO

"Sometimes, a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."- The International
firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote