Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
acharlatani

Default Growing organic veggies

Hi just a quick question. Am getting the family into growing some organic veggies. Does anybody know what's best naturally to spray them with to act as a pesticide? Also is there anything you grow close by to keep the bugs away?

As you can tell I'm new to all this lark, only ever grown chillies!

Thanks in advance...

SMASH THE SYSTEM
acharlatani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
wazaaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by acharlatani View Post
Hi just a quick question. Am getting the family into growing some organic veggies. Does anybody know what's best naturally to spray them with to act as a pesticide? Also is there anything you grow close by to keep the bugs away?

Thanks in advance...
I never use anything and always get a good crop.

Spraying vinegar water on blackly works well.

George Orwells 1984
wazaaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
acharlatani

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
I never use anything and always get a good crop.

Spraying vinegar water on blackly works well.

Cheers for that. I'm in oz so this may make things more difficult. Trial and error I guess....

SMASH THE SYSTEM
Old 02-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
tom bombadil

It's odd that you mention peppers. Hot pepper spray will work too.
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
swamideva

Quote:

Thanks in advance...
Look into companion planting.
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
bluehorseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
It's odd that you mention peppers. Hot pepper spray will work too.
Yes or garlic and pepper spray. You just steep the garlic and pepper in water and add it to a spray bottle after sieving it. Pyrethrum is a flower that nearly all bugs hate, you can grow the flowers yourself and extract the oil or buy it in concentrated form from gardening shops and I know aphids hate it from experience. Marigolds planted amoung the vegies attract good bugs that kill bad bugs.
bluehorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
magritte

Quote:
Cheers for that. I'm in oz so this may make things more difficult. Trial and error I guess....
Don't spray is still key, unless things are extremely out of control for some reason nature will always rebalance its self. Tobbaco spray, detergent all work but if you spray you might be killing food for the predators about to turn up en mass. You have to observe and like you said reagard it as trial and error.

The best thing I have found to 'spray' your plants with is compost tea. May repel some creatures but it makes your plants grow so fast you wont care about the odd creature on there
Look into Permaculture, to some degree it orginated in Oz so check out videos from Bill Mollison and Geoff Lawton. There are things you could take directly from them like what plants to grow together etc.

Last edited by magritte; 03-06-2013 at 01:15 PM.
magritte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
pepsi78

Quote:

Thanks in advance...
Use less spray, moulch them with wood chips on the surface, use raised beds where insects can't get up and crawl. Don't spray too much if you grow stuff that will fruit like tomatos, you need the pollinators to come and do the job. This includes bees and other insects.
Old 14-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
motleyhoo

Also, to make a good weed killer. Mix 2 gallons of white vinegar with 8oz of lemon juice, 2oz of clove oil, and 1/4 cup of dishwashing liquid.

To keep the creepy-crawlies off your plants cover the ground around them and the lower part of the main stem with diatomaceous earth. DO NOT apply this to the blooms or you will kill the good guys.

The healthier your soil is, and the more stuff you have to attract beneficial insects, the stronger and more resistant your plants will be.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #10
acharlatani

Hey thanks for all the advice there. Yeah I'm going to research those guys and see how I go. Knowledge is power!

SMASH THE SYSTEM
Old 14-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #11
grandmasterp
Banned

Tablespoon of washing up liquid diluted with tap water in a spray bottle shifts green fly and blackfly.
Marigolds alongside carrots and onions keeps away carrot fly and onion nasties if the birds don't scarf down the marigold flowers ( they love em) .
Best idea is plant four times as much as you need because as the old rhyme teaches.....

"One for the rook.
One for the crow.
One to die.
And one to grow."

Last edited by grandmasterp; 14-06-2013 at 11:56 PM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #12
bones
Banned

i have an organic allotment, i dont use any sort of chemicals, there are some tips ive been given,

to stop cabbage white> get some comfrey and leave to degrade in water bucket, spray all brassica with liquid and it will stop cabbage whites.

to deter carrot fly > surround with onions or fleece at height of 18".

the most issues ive had is with rabbits.

fence off!
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
getagrip
Inactive

Default Crystal Gardening

Was reading this article and thought I would share it on here.

Crystal Gardening

Who da thunk it!! It is getting to be that time of year in this neck of the woods to head outside and plant for the season. Hopefully Mother Nature will start to cooperate as we are having two nights close to freezing point. I have already started a few things inside in a mini greenhouse with the hopes that they can soon betaken outside and offered to Mother Earth. Still waiting patiently for Mother Nature to Balance herself out temperature wise. After receiving my Crystal Healing Certification recently, I kept feeling a tug from my Guides to incorporate crystals into the garden this year. I have dappled with crystals by setting them near and in plants. I saw some pretty amazing effects they can have on the growth and health of the plant. I am guided to share with you how I will be doing it and the Crystals I will be using. After research of and feeling on this, I chose two. Two, that in my feeling, are quite Powerhouses and of great benefit to the Young plants as I offer their growth to Mother Earth . . . .

The rest of the article can be found here;
http://www.theutopian.net/2013/05/21/crystal-gardening/

GetaGrip
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
loveisthelaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Best idea is plant four times as much as you need because as the old rhyme teaches.....

"One for the rook.
One for the crow.
One to die.
And one to grow."

brilliant

give and receive! it is part of the organic nature of nature!

and in that lays a master key, master p

wouldn't it be terrible to never in your life have had anything important enough to risk it all for.

Last edited by loveisthelaw; 23-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.
loveisthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #15
hoax
Inactive

I`m growing organic beans peas and potato's, anyway
struggling against some slug's and apparently used ground coffee and egg shells work to keep them away. Egg shells might not be the best way but we are merciless
hoax is offline   Reply With Quote