Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 10-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #61
thegatherer

Default More George Harrison

This is the title track from his final album of the same name which he worked on shortly before his death.
Great lyrics in this.

Brainwashed.

thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #62
indolering

Default Thanks, Gatherer

Thanks, Gatherer, for George's song (and also for Heaven 17). I really loved him and thought he was probably the most special one of the group, epitomizing the soul's search for meaning during the turbulent Sixties and beyond. We loved John too, of course, but his was such a tragic tale of manipulation and destruction. After reading May Pang's book, 'Loving John', I gained some insight into what he was up against.
indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #63
thegatherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indolering View Post
Thanks, Gatherer, for George's song (and also for Heaven 17). I really loved him and thought he was probably the most special one of the group, epitomizing the soul's search for meaning during the turbulent Sixties and beyond. We loved John too, of course, but his was such a tragic tale of manipulation and destruction. After reading May Pang's book, 'Loving John', I gained some insight into what he was up against.
Hiya mate. Really glad you enjoyed the George song...I loved him too and the final album he did (Brainwashed) was really great in my opinion, full of wisdom, humour and spirit, just like George himself. I'll try to post another song from that album on here if I can find it...there's a beautiful one called Pisces fish, which I find very touching.

As for John, I'm not too aware of the manipulation you're referring to but I'm guessing Yoko?? I never read the May Pang book but that sounds really interesting. Tell me more!

Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #64
lightgiver

Default Irish Blood, English Heart

lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #65
quilliard
Inactive

quilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #66
thegatherer

Default Queen is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Enjoyed that one! See Morrissey still kickin ass after all these years...there's life in the old dog yet!
I had a big Smiths phase as a teenager and still love a lot of their stuff. I think the Morrissey / Johnny Marr combination was one of those musical pairings you get sometimes that just has a certain chemistry that works magic. Ian Brown and John Squire of the Stone Roses had the same thing...and they never produce the same kind of magic seperately. That's not to discount the roles of the rythym sections in those bands which were both brilliant too.

Here's a fantastic bit of anarchy from the Smiths...live!

Old 11-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #67
nicholaq

I love this song! It reminds me of years ago...

Aaliyah feat DMX - come back in one piece (HD)

nicholaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #68
indolering

Default Gatherer:

It's been awhile since I read it, but briefly, when John and Yoko were not getting along in the early 70s, Yoko ordered May Pang, then Yoko's assistant, to stay with John as his girlfriend so she could keep an eye on him. The book basically follows John along on his extended 'lost weekend' in LA. Quite entertaining, actually...anyway, John and May are working on music and partying and falling in love. But John's a difficult man, not only with his own demons (alcohol, anger, frustration, etc) but it appears Yoko has her own scheme conjured up for John's future. My guess is, however, that there must be a larger agenda behind the crippling and murder of this influential artist besides the mere whim of a wakko girlfriend.
So anyway, after many months of slowly getting his shit together in LA with his new girlfriend whom he really seemed to care for, and away from the bitch he left uptown, it almost seemed like there was hope for John to finally rid himself of the spell cast on him. And then came the phone call, 'I need to see you in person'... so he went to see Yoko, staying much longer than planned, and when May finally saw him again, it was too late. The net had been cast and John was in it. He left May shortly after and returned to the wife. There are indications of drugging and possibly some serious gris-gris mojo.... It's a fucking sad tale, man, John could have changed the world, he had so much influence.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #69
thegatherer

Default All You Need Is Love

Quote:
It's been awhile since I read it, but briefly, when John and Yoko were not getting along in the early 70s, Yoko ordered May Pang, then Yoko's assistant, to stay with John as his girlfriend so she could keep an eye on him. The book basically follows John along on his extended 'lost weekend' in LA. Quite entertaining, actually...anyway, John and May are working on music and partying and falling in love. But John's a difficult man, not only with his own demons (alcohol, anger, frustration, etc) but it appears Yoko has her own scheme conjured up for John's future. My guess is, however, that there must be a larger agenda behind the crippling and murder of this influential artist besides the mere whim of a wakko girlfriend.
So anyway, after many months of slowly getting his shit together in LA with his new girlfriend whom he really seemed to care for, and away from the bitch he left uptown, it almost seemed like there was hope for John to finally rid himself of the spell cast on him. And then came the phone call, 'I need to see you in person'... so he went to see Yoko, staying much longer than planned, and when May finally saw him again, it was too late. The net had been cast and John was in it. He left May shortly after and returned to the wife. There are indications of drugging and possibly some serious gris-gris mojo.... It's a fucking sad tale, man, John could have changed the world, he had so much influence.

Thanks for that.
It is sad that he didn't conquer his demons and live out the potential of his consciousness...which was awesome. But the snippets of his idealism that he conveyed in some of his songs will live on and has changed the world anyway.
I do believe he was killed by the CIA. I know Mark Chapman pulled the trigger but he was a Jesuit, a sect heavily involved in CIA mind control etc. You probably know John was under heavy CIA surveillance for many years, marked as a potential trouble maker. His assassination came just when he had restarted his music career.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #70
indolering

Screamin' video, Gatherer. One of the high points in their career. Even Mick and Keith were digging the love!

There's no doubt he had a huge influence (mostly positive) on millions of kids worldwide but I can't help but think so much more could have been done. But we're all artists and geniuses here, right? So I guess it's up to us now to finish the job....

Last edited by indolering; 12-11-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #71
diamondgeezer
Banned

Quote:
Diamondgeezer, the Santana tune is from his 1972 album called Carvanserai, an album which really should be heard in its entirety
Yep, Caravanserai, is one of my top 10 albums ever

Here's ''Just In Time To See The Sun' (track before Song Of The Wind' on Caravanserai)

What a band/guitarst/album. Genius
diamondgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #72
indolering

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeezer View Post
Yep, Caravanserai, is one of my top 10 albums ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGtw...eature=related

Here's ''Just In Time To See The Sun' (track before Song Of The Wind' on Caravanserai)

What a band/guitarst/album. Genius
Excellent! This album marked a courageous departure from the formulaic rock albums into jazz/rock fusion with spiritual themes. Carlos is a major star and belongs alongside the other immortals of modern music like George Harrison, John Coltrane, and Stevie Wonder.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #73
moon monkey
Restricted Profile

Beautiful and moving song about difficult dietary choices:

Last edited by moon monkey; 12-11-2010 at 11:13 AM.
moon monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #74
thegatherer

Default Pigeons In Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon monkey View Post
Beautiful and moving song about difficult dietary choices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8eh72REd_s
Hehe!

Could be moving slightly off the theme a bit but here's more from the inspirational John Shuttleworth:

Old 12-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #75
troubled

troubled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #76
troubled

Shawn Lane

enjoy
troubled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #77
indolering

Ray Davies - RETURN TO WATERLOO

His best song ever.

Gabriel - WALK THROUGH THE FIRE

Great song

Last edited by indolering; 12-11-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #78
thegatherer

Default How to post videos on forum

How To Post Vidoes on Forum

For anyone who doesn't know how to do this, it's really quite easy. Once you know how to do it you can post videos which come up as the little rectangular box that people click on.

1. In windows you need to have two windows open, one where you're making the post in the forum and one on say Youtube with the song / video you want to post.
2. When you get to the point in the post where you want the video, go into the other window right click with your mouse on the URL (the www.etc bit). You should get a menu with 'copy' and 'paste'. Left click on 'copy'.
3. Go back into the window with the forum post. Right click on the mouse again and when the menu comes up left click 'paste'. The URL should come up in text from.
4. When you click 'submit reply' the video will be shown as a box in the post.

It's really easy once you've done it, but I didn't know when I first joined this forum and it took someone to talk me through it before it sank in.
Old 13-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #79
thegatherer

Quote:
Not sure fella, you may need to try again!
Old 13-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #80
indolering

The Clash - Charlie Don't Surf