Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #61
thegatherer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,207
Likes: 469 (202 Posts)
Default More George Harrison

This is the title track from his final album of the same name which he worked on shortly before his death.
Great lyrics in this.

Brainwashed.

thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #62
indolering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 3,092
Likes: 79 (59 Posts)
Default Thanks, Gatherer

Thanks, Gatherer, for George's song (and also for Heaven 17). I really loved him and thought he was probably the most special one of the group, epitomizing the soul's search for meaning during the turbulent Sixties and beyond. We loved John too, of course, but his was such a tragic tale of manipulation and destruction. After reading May Pang's book, 'Loving John', I gained some insight into what he was up against.
indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #63
thegatherer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,207
Likes: 469 (202 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indolering View Post
Thanks, Gatherer, for George's song (and also for Heaven 17). I really loved him and thought he was probably the most special one of the group, epitomizing the soul's search for meaning during the turbulent Sixties and beyond. We loved John too, of course, but his was such a tragic tale of manipulation and destruction. After reading May Pang's book, 'Loving John', I gained some insight into what he was up against.
Hiya mate. Really glad you enjoyed the George song...I loved him too and the final album he did (Brainwashed) was really great in my opinion, full of wisdom, humour and spirit, just like George himself. I'll try to post another song from that album on here if I can find it...there's a beautiful one called Pisces fish, which I find very touching.

As for John, I'm not too aware of the manipulation you're referring to but I'm guessing Yoko?? I never read the May Pang book but that sounds really interesting. Tell me more!

thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #64
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default Irish Blood, English Heart

lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #65
quilliard
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oceanside CA
Posts: 306
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

quilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #66
thegatherer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,207
Likes: 469 (202 Posts)
Default Queen is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Enjoyed that one! See Morrissey still kickin ass after all these years...there's life in the old dog yet!
I had a big Smiths phase as a teenager and still love a lot of their stuff. I think the Morrissey / Johnny Marr combination was one of those musical pairings you get sometimes that just has a certain chemistry that works magic. Ian Brown and John Squire of the Stone Roses had the same thing...and they never produce the same kind of magic seperately. That's not to discount the roles of the rythym sections in those bands which were both brilliant too.

Here's a fantastic bit of anarchy from the Smiths...live!

thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #67
nicholaq
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 197
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I love this song! It reminds me of years ago...

Aaliyah feat DMX - come back in one piece (HD)

nicholaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #68
indolering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 3,092
Likes: 79 (59 Posts)
Default Gatherer:

It's been awhile since I read it, but briefly, when John and Yoko were not getting along in the early 70s, Yoko ordered May Pang, then Yoko's assistant, to stay with John as his girlfriend so she could keep an eye on him. The book basically follows John along on his extended 'lost weekend' in LA. Quite entertaining, actually...anyway, John and May are working on music and partying and falling in love. But John's a difficult man, not only with his own demons (alcohol, anger, frustration, etc) but it appears Yoko has her own scheme conjured up for John's future. My guess is, however, that there must be a larger agenda behind the crippling and murder of this influential artist besides the mere whim of a wakko girlfriend.
So anyway, after many months of slowly getting his shit together in LA with his new girlfriend whom he really seemed to care for, and away from the bitch he left uptown, it almost seemed like there was hope for John to finally rid himself of the spell cast on him. And then came the phone call, 'I need to see you in person'... so he went to see Yoko, staying much longer than planned, and when May finally saw him again, it was too late. The net had been cast and John was in it. He left May shortly after and returned to the wife. There are indications of drugging and possibly some serious gris-gris mojo.... It's a fucking sad tale, man, John could have changed the world, he had so much influence.
indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #69
thegatherer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,207
Likes: 469 (202 Posts)
Default All You Need Is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by indolering View Post
It's been awhile since I read it, but briefly, when John and Yoko were not getting along in the early 70s, Yoko ordered May Pang, then Yoko's assistant, to stay with John as his girlfriend so she could keep an eye on him. The book basically follows John along on his extended 'lost weekend' in LA. Quite entertaining, actually...anyway, John and May are working on music and partying and falling in love. But John's a difficult man, not only with his own demons (alcohol, anger, frustration, etc) but it appears Yoko has her own scheme conjured up for John's future. My guess is, however, that there must be a larger agenda behind the crippling and murder of this influential artist besides the mere whim of a wakko girlfriend.
So anyway, after many months of slowly getting his shit together in LA with his new girlfriend whom he really seemed to care for, and away from the bitch he left uptown, it almost seemed like there was hope for John to finally rid himself of the spell cast on him. And then came the phone call, 'I need to see you in person'... so he went to see Yoko, staying much longer than planned, and when May finally saw him again, it was too late. The net had been cast and John was in it. He left May shortly after and returned to the wife. There are indications of drugging and possibly some serious gris-gris mojo.... It's a fucking sad tale, man, John could have changed the world, he had so much influence.

Thanks for that.
It is sad that he didn't conquer his demons and live out the potential of his consciousness...which was awesome. But the snippets of his idealism that he conveyed in some of his songs will live on and has changed the world anyway.
I do believe he was killed by the CIA. I know Mark Chapman pulled the trigger but he was a Jesuit, a sect heavily involved in CIA mind control etc. You probably know John was under heavy CIA surveillance for many years, marked as a potential trouble maker. His assassination came just when he had restarted his music career.

thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #70
indolering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 3,092
Likes: 79 (59 Posts)
Default

Screamin' video, Gatherer. One of the high points in their career. Even Mick and Keith were digging the love!

There's no doubt he had a huge influence (mostly positive) on millions of kids worldwide but I can't help but think so much more could have been done. But we're all artists and geniuses here, right? So I guess it's up to us now to finish the job....

Last edited by indolering; 12-11-2010 at 01:49 AM.
indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #71
diamondgeezer
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,677
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Diamondgeezer, the Santana tune is from his 1972 album called Carvanserai, an album which really should be heard in its entirety
Yep, Caravanserai, is one of my top 10 albums ever


Here's ''Just In Time To See The Sun' (track before Song Of The Wind' on Caravanserai)

What a band/guitarst/album. Genius
diamondgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #72
indolering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 3,092
Likes: 79 (59 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeezer View Post
Yep, Caravanserai, is one of my top 10 albums ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGtw...eature=related

Here's ''Just In Time To See The Sun' (track before Song Of The Wind' on Caravanserai)

What a band/guitarst/album. Genius
Excellent! This album marked a courageous departure from the formulaic rock albums into jazz/rock fusion with spiritual themes. Carlos is a major star and belongs alongside the other immortals of modern music like George Harrison, John Coltrane, and Stevie Wonder.
indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #73
moon monkey
Restricted Profile
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 856
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Beautiful and moving song about difficult dietary choices:


Last edited by moon monkey; 12-11-2010 at 11:13 AM.
moon monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #74
thegatherer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,207
Likes: 469 (202 Posts)
Default Pigeons In Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon monkey View Post
Beautiful and moving song about difficult dietary choices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8eh72REd_s
Hehe!

Could be moving slightly off the theme a bit but here's more from the inspirational John Shuttleworth:

thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #75
troubled
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,876
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default


troubled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #76
troubled
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,876
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Shawn Lane



enjoy
troubled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #77
indolering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 3,092
Likes: 79 (59 Posts)
Default

Ray Davies - RETURN TO WATERLOO

His best song ever.



Gabriel - WALK THROUGH THE FIRE

Great song


Last edited by indolering; 12-11-2010 at 07:30 PM.
indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #78
thegatherer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,207
Likes: 469 (202 Posts)
Default How to post videos on forum

How To Post Vidoes on Forum

For anyone who doesn't know how to do this, it's really quite easy. Once you know how to do it you can post videos which come up as the little rectangular box that people click on.

1. In windows you need to have two windows open, one where you're making the post in the forum and one on say Youtube with the song / video you want to post.
2. When you get to the point in the post where you want the video, go into the other window right click with your mouse on the URL (the www.etc bit). You should get a menu with 'copy' and 'paste'. Left click on 'copy'.
3. Go back into the window with the forum post. Right click on the mouse again and when the menu comes up left click 'paste'. The URL should come up in text from.
4. When you click 'submit reply' the video will be shown as a box in the post.

It's really easy once you've done it, but I didn't know when I first joined this forum and it took someone to talk me through it before it sank in.
thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #79
thegatherer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,207
Likes: 469 (202 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indolering View Post
Not sure fella, you may need to try again!
thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #80
indolering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 3,092
Likes: 79 (59 Posts)
Default

The Clash - Charlie Don't Surf


indolering is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.