Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies / Satanic Cults / Occult Secrets

Old 18-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
hadaka_jimmy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_frankenstein View Post
Love Gottfried, and have for years!

This thread is just an example of people hating and fearing that which they don't understand. That is the mentality that leads to the repression of freedom. Funnily enough, the repression of freedom is a big subject of his work.

How uncivilized people are.
It's fucking crap designed to dumb down and erode the feelings of revolutions to such profane images.
hadaka_jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
2x helix

No fear here, man. Just concerned. I can't deny Helnwein that is an amazing artist. Manson too for that matter. The main point of this thread is to be aware and to generate discussion. The images he depicts aren't as direct an abandoned child in decimated city, but depicts the loss of innocence with kids wearing metal contraptions in their mouths? I also wish to know what Epiphany III is trying to depict. Anyone?

We know pedophilia and ritual abuse exist. We know that high profile individuals who engage in this are protected. We know that even if they did engaged in these acts, it's not like they'd admit it, throw up their hands and surrender. John Wayne Gacy was an artist too.

Again, I don't wish to promote slander, just thought.

When coming across incidents like the Hollie Greig case, this artwork makes me feel kinda queasy. Since one of the main purposes of art is to raise emotions and thought, if Helnwein's sincere goal is to bring attention to things like this, then I say more power to him.

PDF -The Franklin Cover Up

Last edited by 2x helix; 18-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
2x helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
saint_frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x helix View Post
No fear here, man. Just concerned. I can't deny Helnwein that is an amazing artist. Manson too for that matter. The main point of this thread is to be aware and to generate discussion. The images he depicts aren't as direct an abandoned child in decimated city, but depicts the loss of innocence with kids wearing metal contraptions in their mouths? I also wish to know what Epiphany III is trying to depict. Anyone?
Why don't you do some reading on his work and make up your own mind on what it means to you, rather then derive your meaning from the opinions of others?
Quote:
Head of a Child
State Russian Museum St. Petersburg, Helnwein's "Head of a Child" ("Kindskopf", 1991, oil and acrylic on canvas, 600 x 400 cm), being installed in the retrospective of Gottfried Helnwein, 1997, (Collection of the Sate Russian Museum St. Petersburg).

A clarity of vision in his subject matter was emerging in Helnwein's art that was to stay consistent throughout his career. His subject matter is the human condition. The metaphor for his art, although it included self-portraits, is dominated by the image of the child, but not the carefree innocent child of popular imagination. Helnwein instead created the profoundly disturbing yet compellingly provocative image of the wounded child. The child scarred physically and the child scarred emotionally from within.[2]

In 2004, The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco organized the first one-person exhibition of Gottfried Helnwein at an American Museum: "The Child, works by Gottfried Helnwein" at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor.[3] The show was seen by almost 130,000 visitors and the San Francisco Chronicle quoted it the most important exhibition of a contemporary artist in 2004. Steven Winn, Chronicle Arts and Culture Critic, wrote: "Helnwein's large format, photo-realist images of children of various demeanors boldly probed the subconscious. Innocence, sexuality, victimization and haunting self-possession surge and flicker in Helnwein's unnerving work".[4]

Harry S. Parker III, Director of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco explained what makes Helnwein's art significant: "For Helnwein, the child is the symbol of innocence, but also of innocence betrayed. In today's world, the malevolent forces of war, poverty, and sexual exploitation and the numbing, predatory influence of modern media assault the virtue of children. Robert Flynn Johnson, the curator in charge, has assembled a thought-provoking selection of Helnwein's works and provided an insightful essay on his art. Helnwein's work concerning the child includes paintings, drawings, and photographs, and it ranges from subtle inscrutability to scenes of stark brutality. Of course, brutal scenes – witness The Massacre of the Innocents – have been important and regularly visited motifs in the history of art. What makes Helnwein's art significant is its ability to make us reflect emotionally and intellectually on the very expressive subjects he chooses. Many people feel that museums should be a refuge in which to experience quiet beauty divorced from the coarseness of the world. This notion sells short the purposes of art, the function of museums, and the intellectual curiosity of the public. The Child: Works by Gottfried Helnwein will inspire and enlighten many; it is also sure to upset some. It is not only the right but the responsibility of the museum to present art that deals with important and sometimes controversial topics in our society".[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottfr...ead_of_a_Child

Quote:
We know pedophilia and ritual abuse exist.
Yes, the vast majority of it is Christian in nature.

Helnwein's art has nothing to do with unfounded rumors of "satanic ritual abuse", which is a depraved Christian fantasy. His art is a reaction to culture.

"I was, I am, I shall be!" - Rosa Luxemburg, another murdered revolutionary

Last edited by saint_frankenstein; 18-04-2012 at 06:45 PM.
saint_frankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #24
2x helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_frankenstein View Post
Why don't you do some reading on his work and make up your own mind on what it means to you, rather then derive your meaning from the opinions of others?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottfr...ead_of_a_Child

Yes, the vast majority of it is Christian in nature.

Helnwein's art has nothing to do with unfounded rumors of "satanic ritual abuse", which is a depraved Christian fantasy. His art is a reaction to culture.
Thanks, man! The more diverse the info the better.
Old 18-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
saint_frankenstein

Quote:
You're welcome.

"I was, I am, I shall be!" - Rosa Luxemburg, another murdered revolutionary
saint_frankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #26
arjuna12

Quote:
Sorry to bring up this unsettling subject matter...
No apologies needed here my friend

Thanks for posting!
arjuna12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #27
arjuna12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdavy View Post
Do you think he is trying to get attention and money for this or attempting to expose the underhandedness of the darker side of humanity?
If he was exposing the underworld he would say that's what he's doing. (His explanations of his art don't reveal much IMO)

I suspect all he is exposing is his sick-fuck self!

Last edited by arjuna12; 22-04-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 22-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #28
arjuna12

Quote:
I agree the more diverse info the better, but don't be fooled by saint_frankensteins, dis-info!

For a heated debate re. satanic ritual abuse go to this thread.
IMO, the deniers expose themselves as who they are... creepy!

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=207652
Old 22-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #29
arjuna12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc12 View Post
Really fucked up, please don't post things like this
No, please do!!!

This is no time for cowardly, head-in-the-sand behaviour. The dark-side loves those who fear it! Look at it in the eye with courage and the conviction to combat radical evil wherever it rears it's filthy head!