Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
jondoeuk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In My Head
Posts: 3,803
Likes: 4 (3 Posts)
Exclamation Americans puting hormones & pesticides in uk food

(Monsanto are going to make a killing, in more ways than one it seems. Which is good news for a number of MP's, Lords and Ministers)

Don't let Americans put hormones and pesticides in our dinner, warns Jamie Oliver as he launches latest food offensive
TV chef opposes 'dangerous' trade deal between EU and U.S.
Says Translantic Trade and Investment Partnership could lower standards
Agreement could let in food additives the U.S. allow but which the EU bans
Such substance include pig growth hormones and chicken feed with arsenic

Jamie Oliver is planning a campaign to stop British food standards being lowered to allow American food imports pumped full of pesticides and hormones into the UK.

The TV chef hopes to intervene to stop a trade agreement between the European United and U.S. aimed at removing trade barriers between member states.

Mr Oliver, 39, claims the 'dangerous' Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) deal could undo 'decades of work' by getting round bans imposed by the EU on putting growth hormones and pesticides in meat.

The same restrictions do not exist in America - and at present if U.S. companies want to export food to the EU they must ensure it meets the higher standards.

Speaking to The Times, Mr Oliver said: '[The deal] has the capacity to be very negative to British public health and British companies and British farmers.

'We don't have hormones in our meat, that's banned. But not over there. We don't have hundreds of poisons and pesticides that have been proven to be carcinogenic. They do. Their laws, their set-up, their safety regulations are nowhere near ours.'

He said he has tried to lobby Hillary Clinton, the former U.S. Secretary of State, on the issue, but wasn't able to show her a video message he recorded on the subject.

Substances that the EU have banned but which are permitted in the U.S. include pig growth hormone ractopamine and milk hormone BST.

The agreement could also open the EU to chickens containing arsenic, poultry that has been chemically washed, and pesticides used on fruit and vegetables.

A report from the Center for Food Safety, a U.S. lobby group, raised fears that the negotiations will 'dismantle many food safety regulations that corporations view as impediments to trade and profitmaking' and criticised the 'shroud of secrecy' under which negotiations are being conducted.

Mr Oliver has previously launched food campaigns in the UK, notably on the standard of school dinners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...offensive.html
jondoeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
blue2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: On a Superhuman Planet
Posts: 4,481
Likes: 90 (63 Posts)
Default

It's nothing new Pesticides have been used for decades i know i was tested for it and came up with high levels of MIREX, DNOC,& DDT all of which are Endocrine disruptors. Arsenic in RICE too. Wheat is high in Pesticides as it is growing and in storage containers the wheat berries are sprayed at least six times i saw programme on TV within last few years about the wheat, as is butter. I use only Organic Spelt home baked things. I like to know what is in my food with so many other additives poisoning us too.

Last edited by blue2; 16-08-2014 at 03:56 PM.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20,404
Likes: 1,436 (935 Posts)
Default

No but its disgusting how they are not only ruining OUR FOOD but everyone elses also!!!!

Last edited by Dude111; 17-08-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 02:15 AM   #4
dentedarthur
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10,983
Likes: 21 (21 Posts)
Default

Yeah Jamie, from the country that gave us mad cow disease.....
dentedarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 03:27 AM   #5
observed
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 829
Likes: 79 (42 Posts)
Default

Is this why 12-year-olds are so tall these days?
observed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #6
frase
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,069
Likes: 678 (309 Posts)
Default

Good for you. Jamie Oliver.....food is one of the biggest ways people are being fucked with..
frase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
jondoeuk
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In My Head
Posts: 3,803
Likes: 4 (3 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
It's nothing new Pesticides have been used for decades i know i was tested for it and came up with high levels of MIREX, DNOC,& DDT all of which are Endocrine disruptors. Arsenic in RICE too. Wheat is high in Pesticides as it is growing and in storage containers the wheat berries are sprayed at least six times i saw programme on TV within last few years about the wheat, as is butter. I use only Organic Spelt home baked things. I like to know what is in my food with so many other additives poisoning us too.
A lots of the ''ides'' (pesticides/fungicides/herbicides) that are used in the US are banned in the UK and/or EU. Also there has been a big push to get GM grown and eaten in the UK too
jondoeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
slackpenguin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 439
Likes: 245 (108 Posts)
Default

Growth hormones are the main cause of obesity in the US. The hormone exists in the prepared/cooked meat and is then ingested by the person. If it makes pigs/cows develop more fatty tissues and deformed muscle structures, then it will logically be passed onto the human who eats it where growth hormones are found in the meat itself.

I've always wanted to be vegetarian (heck, i'd love to go as far as vegan).... but i still eat meat for whatever reason. Maybe a habit i can't break quite yet.... but man, if growth hormones are being legally put into livestock for consumption, i think i might just quit eating meat altogether.

I suppose by the time i turn vege/vegan i'd be stuck with no choice but monsanto's mutant corn and cabbage. Isn't their plan world domination by wiping out all non-modified crops?

I suppose dust will be on the menu soon. :sadface:
slackpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #9
fishin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,241
Likes: 13 (12 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackpenguin View Post
Growth hormones are the main cause of obesity in the US. The hormone exists in the prepared/cooked meat and is then ingested by the person. If it makes pigs/cows develop more fatty tissues and deformed muscle structures, then it will logically be passed onto the human who eats it where growth hormones are found in the meat itself.

I've always wanted to be vegetarian (heck, i'd love to go as far as vegan).... but i still eat meat for whatever reason. Maybe a habit i can't break quite yet.... but man, if growth hormones are being legally put into livestock for consumption, i think i might just quit eating meat altogether.

I suppose by the time i turn vege/vegan i'd be stuck with no choice but monsanto's mutant corn and cabbage. Isn't their plan world domination by wiping out all non-modified crops?

I suppose dust will be on the menu soon. :sadface:
The main cause of obesity in the US is overconsumption of carbs.

Livestock already has hormones whether hormones are added or not. Feedlot or CAFO meats often have added hormones. Other meat, not so much.
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
gremlin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: moo moo land
Posts: 26,722
Likes: 1,735 (1,048 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by observed View Post
Is this why 12-year-olds are so tall these days?
And full pubity and collecting a pension too.
__________________
“We trade real labor for fake money to pay fraudulent taxes on stuff we don’t own.” Doreen Hannes

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
food, food control, monsanto, poisoning people

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.