Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > War on Terror

Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #361
lightgiver

Default Back up claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrangermercenary View Post
Should not the op be titled

Have you been to war in Iraq and Afghanistan ?? As that is what his post is about.

No war is the same, ...except for the killing. By that I mean the reasons, there is war for oil, wars for controll of drugs, civil wars for lands etc. What about villagers fighting each other in Africa for cattle and water. May not be war as we know it...but try telling them its not a war !!!!!!!

I think times have changed LG...todays soldiers have been brought up with facebook etc, there primary means of communication. So for some1 to be serving and on here I can see it. Plenty of regs that are not front line troops so have a different regime.

Personally not something I would have had the time or inclination to do many years ago. To busy drinking and shagging when any downtime was around
This is not facebook,it is a conspiracy forum,

Stating who you serve with is giving nothing away,if someone is claiming something they should at least have the balls to back it up,

it could be anyone ,its the internet for goodness sake

would you let your daughter meet just anyone on the net or a forum, because they claim to be a certain person.

I don't think you would.

BTW when in HM forces when not at war they do exercise for weeks on end and lots of other time consuming events,

we are at war for goodness sake ,how the hell do serving members of HM forces get the time to come on here everyday for 2 years,

and then there are more coming claiming to be serving in HM forces but no proof,more like some kind of weird wind up behind closed doors,

some strange HM forces if you ask me

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 10:59 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:43 AM   #362
mauviene

I went to war with the gay demon in my back closet..
Old 11-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #363
skaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
This is not facebook,it is a conspiracy forum,

Stating who you serve with is giving nothing away,if someone is claiming something they should at least have the balls to back it up,

it could be anyone ,its the internet for goodness sake

would you let your daughter meet just anyone on the net or a forum, because they claim to be a certain person.

I don't think you would.

BTW when in HM forces when not at war they do exercise for weeks on end and lots of other time consuming events,

we are at war for goodness sake ,how the hell do serving members of HM forces get the time to come on here everyday for 2 years,

and then there are more coming claiming to be serving in HM forces but no proof,more like some kind of weird wind up behind closed doors,

some strange HM forces if you ask me
With respect LG, you know i offerred you the chance to receive the proof you requested but you declined. That is your perogative but you cannot then judge people to be false.
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #364
eustacekidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauviene View Post
Hahahahahaha thread has been won.
eustacekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #365
lightgiver

Default PPP results in PPP

Quote:
I wonder if those forces work with this lot LOL

stuck in the shit.

Last edited by lightgiver; 11-03-2010 at 06:32 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #366
thegreatbambino

oef 09 usmc infantry
thegreatbambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #367
hagbard_celine

Has anyone posting on the last few pages ever been... I don't know, a postman? A bus driver? A double-glazing salesman? Let's have a ten-page barney abvout whether or not you really did those jobs or not!

Let me begin: If any of you were a postman... I don't think you ever were one! You're lying!

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #368
eustacekidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
Has anyone posting on the last few pages ever been... I don't know, a postman? A bus driver? A double-glazing salesman? Let's have a ten-page barney abvout whether or not you really did those jobs or not!

Let me begin: If any of you were a postman... I don't think you ever were one! You're lying!
If someone says they are a bus driver and then begins telling people what bus driving is like how they are an expert etc. it would be common sense to ask them to back their claims of whether they actually are a bus driver wouldn't it? In the end, I think this thread is a victim of some very personal disagreements between certain members and I think it should be locked.
Old 15-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #369
skaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eustacekidd View Post
If someone says they are a bus driver and then begins telling people what bus driving is like how they are an expert etc. it would be common sense to ask them to back their claims of whether they actually are a bus driver wouldn't it? In the end, I think this thread is a victim of some very personal disagreements between certain members and I think it should be locked.
I agree. I tried (and failed) to get things back on thread but at least i managed to answer the OP from my perspective. A shame it couldn't have been debated more. There is much to be learned there.
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #370
cpfc12

Quote:
Is that him on your avatar ?
cpfc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #371
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eustacekidd View Post
It is a bit like that.

My point was I think to illustrate the cultural phenomenon created out of military service. This is sinister I think. It's actually in the Fourteen Signs of Fascism.

"Supremacy of the Military... Soldiers and Military service are glamourized and glorified". See: http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm

I'll give you an example: Not one single article in music journals about the singer James Blunt have failed to allude to his former status as an army officer. Very few articles about another singer, Marc Almond, refer to his prevvious life as a Hospital Porter. Why is that?

Last edited by hagbard_celine; 19-03-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 19-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #372
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
It is a bit like that.

My point was I think to illustrate the cultural phenomenon created out of military service. This is sinister I think. It's actually in the Fourteen Signs of Fascism.

"Supremacy of the Military... Soldiers and Military service are glamourized and glorified". See: http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm

I'll give you an example: Not one single article in music journals about the singer James Blunt have failed to allude to his former status as an army officer. Very few articles about another singer, Marc Almond, refer to his prevvious life as a Hospital Porter. Why is that?
Rense is a US sites isn't it? they are glorified over there, far more than they are in the UK. US service personel get a lot of perks and priveleges. In the UK you hear stories of them being turned away from hotels, etc.
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #373
cpfc12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Rense is a US sites isn't it? they are glorified over there, far more than they are in the UK. US service personel get a lot of perks and priveleges. In the UK you hear stories of them being turned away from hotels, etc.
Seriously, i believe thats mainly the Sun and Daily mail joining in with the hero worship, and trying to get people to hate those who dislike the armed forces and military in general.
cpfc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #374
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc12 View Post
Seriously, i believe thats mainly the Sun and Daily mail joining in with the hero worship, and trying to get people to hate those who dislike the armed forces and military in general.
So its OK for people to dislike the forces but not OK for people to dislike those who hate the forces? sounds very one sided.
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #375
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Well naturally I agree that's unfair; it may have something to do with the forces reputation for rowdy behavior, unwarrented in my experience, but then I'm probably a bit desensitized: Obviously those hotels have never hosted a Hospital Porters' outing because if they did they'd be happy to have those squaddies back any day!

But I doubt if any soldier ever feels pressured to keep their occupation secret in the way some of my Brother and Sister Porters do (See: http://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2007/12/d...e-porters.html) On the contrary, I've found that it's a subject they are loathe to avoid and will find a way to slip it into a conversation within two or three sentences and become a bit miffed when the person they're addressing is not instantly "squaddie struck". How opften does a soldier go out on a date with a girl and when askes what he does for a living reply: "Oh... I work for the Minstry of Defence" She asks: "Doing what?" and he responds: "Oh, I just do a bit of this and that." I've had conversations with my Brother Porters where they relate dates they've had where they've said: "Oh I just work at a hospital" and "I just do a bit of this and that, generally helping out." See the link above for more detail. When a soldier is introduced to his fiancees parents does he ever have to watch their eyes glaze over when he "confesses"; and does he then have to hear later from his loved one: "Oh, Daddy said: 'Couldn't you have found a man with a better job!?'"

I'm afraid I find myself scoffing and groaning inwardly when anybody laments to me that the military are not appreciated by the public and are so looked down upon.

Still I should end this post by apologizing for complaining; it's a just a mood I was in. At the end of the day I'm in the Hospital Portering Service through my own choice. I couldn't have been in the military; in fact I was in Royal Navy basic training and dropped out through my own choice. It's a decision I do not regret.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #376
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc12 View Post
It's true that the media is currently glroifying and glamourizing the military, and this is straight out of the 14 Signs of Fascism. See point 4: http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm

Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #377
godgoo

If i go to war its in a plane. I will accept nothing less. But I dont have the quals yet to get into the RAF and be a pilot. But I dont want to suck upto the RAF anyway.

Alls I want is to fly, if that means war then so be it. No not really, I'll find another way?

But back on subject I haven't been to war no. but I know a dozen or so people who have. Some family been to gulf, Iraq etc. They didnt like it, tbh.
The Engineer.co.uk

Last edited by godgoo; 12-04-2010 at 09:58 AM.
godgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #378
eustacekidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by godgoo View Post
If i go to war its in a plane. I will accept nothing less. But I dont have the quals yet to get into the RAF and be a pilot. But I dont want to suck upto the RAF anyway.

Alls I want is to fly, if that means war then so be it. No not really, I'll find another way?

But back on subject I haven't been to war no. but I know a dozen or so people who have. Some family been to gulf, Iraq etc. They didnt like it, tbh.
Lol chairforce.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #379
manxboz

Quote:

Very, very few of those that enter the RAF ever make pilot, better off learning to fly in civvie street.

Spellbounds promise to stop posting Webbot predictions
manxboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #380
jakemaverick
Banned

Quote:

try applying to the other side then, dnt think they're as funny abt state sanctioned qualifications!
jakemaverick is offline   Reply With Quote