Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > War on Terror

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #321
skaff
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Do you realise the armed services are at war and have been for a number of years,have you ever served in HM forces?

Believe you me even when not at war no member's of the regular HM forces do not get that amount of time off.

Ask anyone who has ever served.

Also if someone ever has a long term injury they usually get medically discharged.

Ask him what branch of the forces he serves with.
Sorry LG but that all just isnt true. People dont get discharged just because they are injured and although you might like to think it isnt true, even regular soldiers get evenings off.

You have made some valid points on this thread. Don't tarnish it with sweeping statements that don't hold water. You are better than that.
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #322
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default Liar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Did I not tell you that I have suffered with knee injuries last year and have had an operation on one. Funny how you have chosen to ignore that.
The only suffering you have is in your liar head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaff View Post
Sorry LG but that all just isnt true. People dont get discharged just because they are injured and although you might like to think it isnt true, even regular soldiers get evenings off.

You have made some valid points on this thread. Don't tarnish it with sweeping statements that don't hold water. You are better than that.
Bollocks

Hey its the stick out like sore thumb bullshitters.

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #323
skaff
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

LG. Firstly, why did you send this as a pm and not on the forum:

Tosh, you have never served so you you do not know.

Stop making weak pathetic excuses.

It is starting to whiff.


Secondly, do not presume my knowledge or lack of it.

And thirdly, as i said before to many, no amount of angry posts and purile insults are going to make me rise. Try conversing with me. Who knows. You might just learn something.

Back to the thread, has it occurred to you that things may be different from when you served? Just a thought

Last edited by skaff; 10-03-2010 at 06:00 PM.
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #324
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default Dim

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaff View Post
LG. Firstly, why did you send this as a pm and not on the forum:

Tosh, you have never served so you you do not know.

Stop making weak pathetic excuses.

It is starting to whiff.


Secondly, do not presume my knowledge or lack of it.

And thirdly, as i said before to many, no amount of angry posts and purile insults are going to make me rise. Try conversing with me. Who knows. You might just learn something.

Back to the thread, has it occurred to you that things may be different from when you served? Just a thought
You are another troll and a good one at that,you have never served so you know nothing,

The Thread is has anyone been to war you have not so why don't you depart.

You are bringing nothing but insults and are derailing just like you pals.

You are a Weak Infidel.

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 06:04 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #325
skaff
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
You are another troll and a good one and that,you have never served so you know nothing,
At what time have i said that i have or haven't served LG? As i said, do not presume my knowledge or lack of it.

Or is this going to turn into another 'who's khaki balls are hairier' debate?

Lets see if we can avoid the name calling and accusations and return to the OP shall we?
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #326
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaff View Post
At what time have i said that i have or haven't served LG? As i said, do not presume my knowledge or lack of it.

Or is this going to turn into another 'who's khaki balls are hairier' debate?

Lets see if we can avoid the name calling and accusations and return to the OP shall we?
Maybe you should try and stick with the op,it appears you just like to insult.

same old shit.

so come on who have you served with when and where.

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 06:06 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #327
skaff
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Maybe you should try and stick with the op,it appears you just like to insult.

same old shit.

so come on who have you served with when and where.
As i suspected LG. However, unlike Marpat i am not going to make the same mistake and hide my light under a bushel. I actually came on here to discuss the OP but with you two bickering like old maids, it was impossible. I tried to mediate on several occasions but you then decided to attack me instead.

I am still serving in the Army and am just short of 19 years service and counting. I have been on 2 tours of NI, served alongside SF in Kosovo, went to Iraq with the AAC and was in Afghanistan with 16 Air Asslt Bde where i supported both the Paras and 5 Scots in Helmand. I have smelt bodies slowly decaying and have shared breakfast tables with guys young enough to be my sons that were dead before lunch. I also have had the privilege of working in the hospital where most injured troops return.

Now i don't know if that meets your strict criteria LG and frankly, i don't mind. However, i do have evenings off and had them when we were fighting on 4 fronts when NI and Sierra Leone were ongoing. I admire and respect what you achieved in your short time but, and i mean no disrespect here, that was a long time ago. Things change, people change, actions change. In theatre i worked 16 hours days with few exeptions for 6 months barring 11 days r&r. Back in the UK however it simply isn't like that.

As for your suggestion that people are discharged with injuries that was indeed true in your time and in my early years. I will give you an example of how that has changed. 3 of the soldiers i looked after in hospital i met again later. The first, who was paralysed from the chest down was working in the PRI and still serving. The second, an amputee i met in Camp Bastion with his unit and the third, who narrowly escaped death when his throat was ripped open by shrapnel from an RPG i met on patrol in Sangin. So please don't use such sweeping statements as i feel that it is an insult to the spirit of guys like that.

Now, pretty please, can we get back to the OP?
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #328
marpat
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,577
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Robert, now that you have made a complete arse of yourself can we stop the personal stuff?
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #329
skaff
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I had to just go back and read the OP as i had forgotton what i came on here to say! lol

I find it funny when people talk to me about conflicts and find that i am not gung ho and all for getting over there and teaching people lessons. While we are attacking Iraq 'because of its eveil Dictator' then why not take swipe at North Korea? At least they can be guaranteed to have WMDs. Maybe they are too strong? Ok, Zimbabwe, there are ex pats there so it could be considered another Falklands?

No, we all know that Iraq was for reasons other then 'Regime change' so then if you are wondering why i went that is simple. I joined the Army and took a wage when things were easy. Is it moral of me to watch my friends put their life on the line while i stay back? No. I agree i could have left afterwards? Perhaps that is why LG left? I don't know but many fine soldiers do.

I stayed on because it gave me a career path that was not available to me in the early 90s. I am well educated but, by the time i was in my 10th year in the army or so, the choice was simple. Leave at the 12 year point with a small lump sum or push on until 22 years and get a decent pension. a rarity these days. At that point in my life ihad 18 month old twins and i was the breadwinner. My choice was simple to me.

So when people look at military personnel from all countries and capbadges, you will find that there is no one reason behind their motives. All i know is that even the ones i don't like i respect. Whatever your thoughts, know this. It's not easy.

Last edited by skaff; 10-03-2010 at 06:55 PM.
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #330
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaff View Post
As i suspected LG. However, unlike Marpat i am not going to make the same mistake and hide my light under a bushel. I actually came on here to discuss the OP but with you two bickering like old maids, it was impossible. I tried to mediate on several occasions but you then decided to attack me instead.

I am still serving in the Army and am just short of 19 years service and counting. I have been on 2 tours of NI, served alongside SF in Kosovo, went to Iraq with the AAC and was in Afghanistan with 16 Air Asslt Bde where i supported both the Paras and 5 Scots in Helmand. I have smelt bodies slowly decaying and have shared breakfast tables with guys young enough to be my sons that were dead before lunch. I also have had the privilege of working in the hospital where most injured troops return.

Now i don't know if that meets your strict criteria LG and frankly, i don't mind. However, i do have evenings off and had them when we were fighting on 4 fronts when NI and Sierra Leone were ongoing. I admire and respect what you achieved in your short time but, and i mean no disrespect here, that was a long time ago. Things change, people change, actions change. In theatre i worked 16 hours days with few exeptions for 6 months barring 11 days r&r. Back in the UK however it simply isn't like that.

As for your suggestion that people are discharged with injuries that was indeed true in your time and in my early years. I will give you an example of how that has changed. 3 of the soldiers i looked after in hospital i met again later. The first, who was paralysed from the chest down was working in the PRI and still serving. The second, an amputee i met in Camp Bastion with his unit and the third, who narrowly escaped death when his throat was ripped open by shrapnel from an RPG i met on patrol in Sangin. So please don't use such sweeping statements as i feel that it is an insult to the spirit of guys like that.

Now, pretty please, can we get back to the OP?
so who do you serve with?do you have any actual proof?and why do you come on a conspiracy forum if you are still serving

Now I wonder if marpat could actually state what his role is within the forces.

When I served in the regulars long term sickies got medically discharged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Robert, now that you have made a complete arse of yourself can we stop the personal stuff?
You will have to do better than that,Robert indeed.LOL.

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 07:10 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #331
marpat
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,577
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
so who do you serve with? and why do you come on a conspiracy forum if you are still serving

Now I wonder if marpat could actually state what his role is within the forces.

When I served in the regulars long term sickies got medically discharged.
Well I am not long term sickie, less than a year in fact. I even have a date for my next overseas
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #332
skaff
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
so who do you serve with?do you have any actual proof?and why do you come on a conspiracy forum if you are still serving

Now I wonder if marpat could actually state what his role is within the forces.

When I served in the regulars long term sickies got medically discharged.
1. I am in the REME but have been employed in E2 posts when i was in Helmand
2. The question is what proof could i offer that you would accept?
3. Why should i not be on this forum because i am serving? Do i not have my own mind?
4. Please don't use me as leverage for others. I have my own mind. So does he.
5. You are absolutely right on that and i said as much in my thread.
6. When are we going to return to the OP?
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #333
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default Taliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Well I am not long term sickie, less than a year in fact. I even have a date for my next overseas
Anywhere nice.

Are you taking your laptop with you so you can carry on posting,maybe when the Taliban attack you could put them on for a chat.LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaff View Post
1. I am in the REME but have been employed in E2 posts when i was in Helmand
2. The question is what proof could i offer that you would accept?
3. Why should i not be on this forum because i am serving? Do i not have my own mind?
4. Please don't use me as leverage for others. I have my own mind. So does he.
5. You are absolutely right on that and i said as much in my thread.
6. When are we going to return to the OP?
and,I find it bizarre that serving soldiers come on here,how do you get the time
who are you attached to.

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 07:17 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #334
marpat
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,577
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Anywhere nice.

Are you taking your laptop with you so you can carry on posting,maybe when the Taliban attack you could put them on for a chat.LOL



and,I find it bizarre that serving soldiers come on here,how do you get the time.
Actually it is a very cushy detachment in many ways but somebody has to do it. You never know, the Argies might change that for me

I get, leave, time off, etc. Even when I am away from home I take mobile broadband with me to kill time and stay in contact with people. We dont all live in the 19th century you know
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #335
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default Cushy time

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
Actually it is a very cushy detachment in many ways but somebody has to do it. You never know, the Argies might change that for me

I get, leave, time off, etc. Even when I am away from home I take mobile broadband with me to kill time and stay in contact with people. We dont all live in the 19th century you know
Its cushty what a surprise oh yeah make sure you take the laptop in the filed of operations so you can continue your Icke debunking.

2 years leave must be the longest in the memory of HM forces.

Strangest Serving forces I have ever encountered.

The royal corp of forums.

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 07:20 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #336
skaff
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Anywhere nice.

Are you taking your laptop with you so you can carry on posting,maybe when the Taliban attack you could put them on for a chat.LOL



and,I find it bizarre that serving soldiers come on here,how do you get the time
who are you attached to.
Do i take it that your shift from 'it doesn't happen' to 'i find it bizarre' a slight admission that you may, just may have been mistaken?

And, unlike your time, theatre now have internet portacabins for guys to communicate with home so he could indeed continue to post from theatre but not nearly as often as the work rate would seriously ramp up!

I still don't understand what your issue is with a serving soldier posting here.
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #337
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default Funny force

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaff View Post
Do i take it that your shift from 'it doesn't happen' to 'i find it bizarre' a slight admission that you may, just may have been mistaken?

And, unlike your time, theatre now have internet portacabins for guys to communicate with home so he could indeed continue to post from theatre but not nearly as often as the work rate would seriously ramp up!

I still don't understand what your issue is with a serving soldier posting here.
E you all have every excuse under the sun,sorry folks it does not wash

Hey guys quick come on lets all go on th D Icke conspiracy forum tonight.

Do none of you have family's or children.

The Issue is I do not believe you.

I know Service people and they do not go on conspiracy forums especially if they are still serving it is near impossible to find the time.

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 07:23 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #338
skaff
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
E you all have every excuse under the sun,sorry folks it does not wash

Hey guys quick come on lets all go on th D Icke conspiracy forum tonight.

Do none of you have family's or children.

The Issue is I do not believe you.

I know Service people and they do not go on conspiracy forums especially if they are still serving it is near impossible to find the time.
Oh my goodness!

Firstly, i don't think i could have told you more about me including the fact that i had a wife and children soplease, whenm you ask for answers have the common courtesy to read them.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you don't believe me as to do that would then involve an admission that you were mistaken and you can't seem to bring yourself to do it.

You 'know service people' and because they act that way the other 98000 squaddies must act the same right? Guess what, i know some italian people thatdon't like pasta

And i did ask what proof would convince you and you didn't answer. I don't know if i can provide it but would love to hear what it would take.

I also said in at least 5 posts about returning to the OP. You have neglected to address that as well.

I look forward to your next post so that we can bring some closure to this and move on.
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #339
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inactive
Posts: 36,483
Likes: 237 (190 Posts)
Default HM forces of the Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaff View Post
Oh my goodness!

Firstly, i don't think i could have told you more about me including the fact that i had a wife and children soplease, whenm you ask for answers have the common courtesy to read them.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you don't believe me as to do that would then involve an admission that you were mistaken and you can't seem to bring yourself to do it.

You 'know service people' and because they act that way the other 98000 squaddies must act the same right? Guess what, i know some italian people thatdon't like pasta

And i did ask what proof would convince you and you didn't answer. I don't know if i can provide it but would love to hear what it would take.

I also said in at least 5 posts about returning to the OP. You have neglected to address that as well.

I look forward to your next post so that we can bring some closure to this and move on.
Pal serving members of HM forces do not come on conspiracy forums.

you have given no real proof of who you serve with,just words.

who are you attached to?

Last edited by lightgiver; 10-03-2010 at 07:34 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #340
infidelyork
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,942
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Pal serving members of HM forces do not come on conspiracy forums.
Why speculate when you can just go balls out with a sweeping generalization?....
infidelyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.