Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 16-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
greenhulk40

Default Doctor Who the next Doctor is a woman !

The next Doctor Who will be a woman !
Interested to hear your opinion.
I knew this would happen Doctor who is finished .
greenhulk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
fairyprincess

Doctor who is a show about change.... Change is at its core.

It can be set anywhere.
It can be set in any time.
The TARDIS can, hypothetically, look like anything.
Anyone can be the doctor.
Anyone can be an assistants.

If you don't like the idea of a female doctor, you can't really understand dr. Who....
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #3
greenhulk40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess View Post
Doctor who is a show about change.... Change is at its core.

It can be set anywhere.
It can be set in any time.
The TARDIS can, hypothetically, look like anything.
Anyone can be the doctor.
Anyone can be an assistants.

If you don't like the idea of a female doctor, you can't really understand dr. Who....
BBC feminist LGBT propaganda and also to boost falling ratings , i have been a fan of Doctor Who since the Pertwee era so don't tell me i don't understand Who.
Old 16-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
fairyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhulk40 View Post
BBC feminist LGBT propaganda and also to boost falling ratings , i have been a fan of Doctor Who since the Pertwee era so don't tell me i don't understand Who.
Oh, so you understand that the doctor can be anyone.... Even a woman....
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Old 16-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
artmuzz

I was a big Dr Who fan from the age of eight in 1981 right up until the new reboot in 2005 and that's when I stopped giving a shit about the show. To be honest I don't really give much of a shit to be glad or bothered that they have chosen a female for the role because the show has not been my cup of tea since it came back in 2005.

I still love the old classic series from 1963 to 1989 and I love watching the old episodes from the Peter Davison and Colin Baker eras though I love watching the other old classic Doctors too like Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.

Last edited by artmuzz; 16-07-2017 at 07:18 PM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
fairyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
I was a big Dr Who fan from the age of eight in 1981 right up until the new reboot in 2005 and that's when I stopped giving a shit about the show. To be honest I don't really give much of a shit to be glad or bothered that they have chosen a female for the role because the show has not been my cup of tea since it came back in 2005.

I still love the old classic series from 1963 to 1989 and I love watching the old episodes from the Peter Davison and Colin Baker eras though I love watching the other old classic Doctors too like Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.
I agree that classic is better.... Ive quite like this new series, though.

I love nardole.....

Old 16-07-2017, 08:05 PM   #7
white light

I think I'll put on my curmudgeon face.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #8
greenhulk40

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post

Yes the old classics are the best even though they were cheaply made with dodgy effects the episodes were better than the new stuff.
Old 16-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #9
hayed joe

See how long she lasts in the role, or even if every year we get a series!
I enjoy the last series,. Nardole was the perfect foil for the lighter lines in the stories.
If he had happened under Matt Smith's run then it would have been seriously insufferable.
Huge gamble. If she gets the stories and brings back the millions of people who stopped watching , well that will please the TV bosses but not really do anything for anyone really.
I saw a meme of "If you have understand the show then you'll respect this decision!".
Bullshit! I've seen some fans who also vote and support the Tories!
Respect the show and live by it's principles, you say? (Not you OP!)

It's all bollocks!
Old 16-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #10
white light

The show is clearly behind the times if Dr Who is gonna be a woman, and not gender neutral.
Old 16-07-2017, 09:08 PM   #11
the mighty zhiba
Inactive

Well when they re-wrote the whole regeneration laws to suit beyond the 12... 507 / whatever.... they effectively rebranded the whole frikking thing.

Thing is, when the Doctor gets into a pickle, why doesn't he just go back ten minutes like Austin Powers did?

Doctor Who from ten minutes ago could say 'watch out for the Dalek that sneaks up on you...'

Or 'i don't think you wanted to do that, did you?'

And then of course....

Just to mix it up some more
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #12
the mighty zhiba
Inactive

i actually thought that Paul McGann should have had a much bigger role - he was one of my faves

When The Master was a woman, no-one battered an eyelid

I hope that Jodie (new Doctor) is a lezzer and that Billy Pipper comes back in

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 16-07-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 16-07-2017, 10:06 PM   #13
Daisy101

As a woman I have always found the assistants most annoying.
After a while you get used to most of the new doctors but some assistants you just want a dalek to destroy as soon as possible.
Top of my annoying list was Bonnie Langford, Clara Oswald and Billie Piper.
They made them know it alls with annoying, put on, over acting accents .

Nardole is the light relief it needs I don't think he needs another assistant as the Dr. meets new people every episode anyway.
But if they do she should have a male one - just to change it up a bit - perhaps she'll have a younger guy to perve over like he does.
hopefully not though - as a woman he'll probably have more sense written in (yeah right).

I'd like to think they picked a woman because the storyline is going there since he has been a lot of men in a row so it's well overdue for the character.
But there is a sense of the politically correct brigade writing in things - forcing them to be there to make sure that no one is offended.
It started with a gay assistant - no probs - but they have to show them kissing, then have Dr.Who saying he has 'a man crush'
and OMG now it's going too far for a kids show - I can guarantee you kids are not in the least bit interested about sex
so why keep going on and on about the sexual preferences of the Dr and his assistant?

If anything a huge change would be to concentrate on a better storyline instead of sex - or make it 18 and be done with it.
But as it stands it is uncomfortable viewing for kids these days due to this and kids are switching off from it.
(Kids find that stuff boring thank goodness - kids used to relate to him - but now he talks like an adult its boring for them)

People always moan about the new doctor as no one likes change - but she's a good actress so give her a chance.

If anything there have been 3 Scottish doctors and since it is filmed in Wales you'd think they'd make Dr.Who welsh just for a change or Irish or alien - but English and Scottish seems to be all he or she can change into.

I'm past caring now - I'll still watch it but it's getting like Emmerdale and Corrie - just waiting for the next storyline put in there by the government
to make people aware of something and then the words 'if you have personally been affected by this storyline please phone the number below...'

So please tell me they chose a woman for any reason other than women's rights - women deserve more than that.

Last edited by Daisy101; 16-07-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Daisy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 02:13 AM   #14
derekbuttery

Peter Capaldi turned me off... not sure how I feel about this... Dr Who was ALWAYS a white male (just like Bnd) and they're politicising it IMO.

My kids are disappointed...
Old 17-07-2017, 06:33 AM   #15
the mighty zhiba
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy101 View Post
As a woman I have always found the assistants most annoying.
I hope you are not talking about Billie Piper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy101 View Post
Top of my annoying list was Bonnie Langford, Clara Oswald and Billie Piper.
OMG!

Old 17-07-2017, 07:20 AM   #16
kiwi_

Remember Ocean's 11 and the sequels? apparently there's an all female one coming soon
kiwi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #17
gestaltdude

I honestly dont think the Beeb could have pleased anyone with this. If it was another white guy, they would have been attacked for resisting change. Mad him a blasck guy, playing the race card. Making him a woman is the Pc/Feminist card...Remember people thought Matt Smith was doomed, he was one of the most popular.

Most of those complaining loudest are those simply scared of change. This show could potentially be on for another 30-40 years . This was bound to happen sooner or later. At least now they've greatly expanded the pool of potential candidates each time there is a new one. Imagine what someone like Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, or any other Dame of memory could have brought to the role if only the door had been opened earlier.

I cant help but wonder why she didnt get her own special announcing the role like Capaldi did? One thing the haters can hang onto though...male or female, at least she is still British.
Old 17-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #18
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
The show is clearly behind the times if Dr Who is gonna be a woman, and not gender neutral.
gender neutral?

that's old hat....no to be cutting edge the doctor should be a cyborg slave of the rothschild-cabal

still...one step at a time

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 17-07-2017 at 09:03 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #19
iamawaveofthesea

what i can't understand is why they have to turn male characters that were the creation of male minds into women

why don't women writers just create some new female characters?

we don't doctor who or the ghostbusters turned into females. We need female writers to create whole new female characters doing cool things from a female perspective

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 17-07-2017 at 09:06 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #20
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
gender neutral?

that's old hat....no to be cutting edge the doctor should be a cyborg slave of the rothschild-cabal

still...one step at a time
Dr Who has never been adverse to technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7vCCn5NiXE