Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 16-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
dawnuk

Exclamation UK Based Preppers...

So, if the SHTF.

Any plans to meet up with others?
dawnuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
tom bombadil

None. What of yourself?

I do intend to mix with the local economy if the time comes though.

I think that a traveling prepper would be recognised a such when they come to town though.
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
dawnuk

Well, not at the moment, but a network of preppers might be a good idea should we need to band togather if the worst happened?.....or looked likely to happen?

Is it a case of safety in numbers?

I suppose it depends on who the people are......

Could cause more trouble than it worth if you get with the wrong crowd as it were....
Old 17-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
tom bombadil

Yup. I think that staying single ( ) is the way to go.

If one takes it to its logical conclusion, most prepper will bug in, or go to a bol. And bug in there. Having to do extensive travel in the initial periods would not be fun. That's assuming that we are few and far between.
Old 17-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
maxine

I'm gonna be a selfish c**t! I will sit in my home - with my water, and food stores - and sit it out! If I die - then I will die from what has been dealt! If I were to live - and had not bothered to prep.....then it would be my own stupid fault!!
Old 18-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
tom bombadil

Doing what you wish is not selfish if it does not effect others.

Your warm and secure abode will come in handy for a needy family when you pop your clogs. I am sure you will be given a good send-off. Just try not to poo in the corner as it might rot the floor. Use a bucket.

Old 18-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
dawnuk

tom are you uk based?
Old 18-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
Doing what you wish is not selfish if it does not effect others.

Your warm and secure abode will come in handy for a needy family when you pop your clogs. I am sure you will be given a good send-off. Just try not to poo in the corner as it might rot the floor. Use a bucket.

Ain't no family gonna need this shoe box! As for shitting - I'll be sure to collapse, and die in the corner! Therefore, evacuating my bowels - in a perfect place!! The next occupant can accept it as a gift - from me!!
Old 18-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
stickwhistler

Quote:
.......Just try not to poo in the corner as it might rot the floor. Use a bucket.

Nah!
Use a spade or shovel, that way you can share it with your neighbours,
using the oriental method of Hu Flung Dung or Poo-fling Yuk!
Old 18-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
dawnuk

I think a lot of UK Preppers are falling into the category of not coming forward so much because they fear being branded a nut case.

Plus you have to remember that all n sundry can read these forums.....so any possible plans etc are difficult to discuss for that reason?

So therefore we have a problem......
Old 19-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
tom bombadil

I am living in Kent, England at the mo. I will soon move to Wales (as in England, Scotland and Wales. And i do recognise the Cornish corner too.) England is my own. I will be back. I am not running away.

I dont come forward on-line cos its full of nutters. But most folk that know me also know what I am about. I find that most folk are happy too with my and my wives life choice.
Old 20-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
dawnuk

Quote:
I am living in Kent, England at the mo. I will soon move to Wales (as in England, Scotland and Wales. And i do recognise the Cornish corner too.) England is my own. I will be back. I am not running away.

I dont come forward on-line cos its full of nutters. But most folk that know me also know what I am about. I find that most folk are happy too with my and my wives life choice.
Yeah, there are lots of prepper sites out there.... full of instant experts
There's a lot of stuff I could duscuss but won't for obvious reasons (re online)...

enough said!
Old 21-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #13
brighteyes

My personal feeling is that my ultimate responsibility is to our young child. So we'll just be sitting it out in our tiny house, quietly drinking tea and playing board games. I'd rather not broadly advertise the fact that I've 'prepared' which actually makes me feel bad as I'm a naturally sharing person. Nothing to do with being branded a freak and more to do with not wanting unwanted 'guests' IYKWIM.

Ironically, I have broached the subject (in a round about way) to others and been surprised to learn that some are actually doing their own prepping on the quiet too.
brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
dawnuk

Indeed.

I realised a while back, that you can't save the world....

The intelligent savvy folk are switched on enough to realise that they may have to look out for themselves, should something happen, be it a financial meltdown or whatever.... and have made "arrangements" (ie prepped).

Question is, if you bug in, sooner or later people very desperate for food etc will come a knocking.....could be illegally armed gangs.....soooo.....

I think in the UK there are very few places that are far enough off the beated track that it will make it hard to not being found.......
Old 21-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
postmanjimjim

Wouldnt it be great idea if a number of members on here came together ( with there savings as a combined total ) ( sell off there house etc etc )

Brought some land ( Wales got cheap land )

And set up a Stubstanble comuinty.

Containter houses/Self built/ Eco / Cheap housing.

Set up Veggie pots for each family unit.
Set up chickens and goats
Get water pureifaction for the "group" ( Pick a plot of land close to lake or river )
Solor pannles for leecy ( Feed to subarine batterys )
Pick plot of land with a abdunce of Trees, USe wood to make fires to get hot water and cook meat and food. ( also have the opition of a small shove running of the subarine batts! )

And all learn to create and substanble, no money system, peacfull way of living.

I dont know how much we would need but im in if it can be done!

Last edited by postmanjimjim; 21-01-2013 at 11:39 AM.
postmanjimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
dawnuk

sounds good on paper, but.... there are many things to think about......like who do you trust to be in that group?

they could be very nice at face value, but cause insurmountable problems later on and cause rifts/trouble......

plus you would be a big static target then for people from cities, fanning out looking for food etc.....same problems as buggin in..... sooner or later you will be found and hypethetically, if the gang is armed, then what?....
Old 21-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
postmanjimjim

Very good point, Make sure the "group" is armed best as they can ?

I think the likeyhood of being found tho is slim i reckon.

People are more likey to stay in there close area they know. I.e. Lets go to that tesco down the road. lets go to xyz place in B town they good food stores and rich houses there.

I wouldnt of thought they would think lets start looking out in the country side because the might be a small group of ppl with food. I could be wrong, i just dont htink they would see it that way?

As for who can you trust ? Hmmm good point, i guess it would be a risk, weather people willing to take the risk would be down to personal choice i guess.

Would love to get my family to group together to do it. Shame tho, i think, they think i gone mad.
Old 21-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
zoidberg
Banned

get as many people in your street to band together, block off roads , paths etc, organise a 24 hour watch(armed) pull resources, anyone not interested can opt out and go it alone, delegate daily tasks , food , water, fire, shelter needs etc, go on foraging parties.

anyone not fit to do this would stay at home and prep, meals, keep fires going, make weapons, repair clothes etc..............i can work if you want it to
zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
jonas parker

We have plenty of room for you all here in Texas! Heck, we'll even teach you all how to shoot!
Old 21-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #20
grandmasterp
Banned

Wales is a no no.
Ask the Welsh.
Cottage industry round Wales is selling useless land to English dreamers.
Welsh smallholdings are cheap for a reason, they won't feed ya, that's why they are for sale.
Gated communities are the way of the future for England.
Gypsies in the Midlands have the right idea.
The rest of us muddle along as best we can.
No effective prepper UK websites cos the UK arm of the survivalist nets full of potless dreamers posting from council flats and the like.
Come the day when it's open season on and for chavs then anyone living near social housing of any description is toast.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 21-01-2013 at 05:21 PM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote