Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies / Satanic Cults / Occult Secrets

Old 24-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #41
lightgiver

Default Masih ad-Dajjal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
I'll be honest that I have not noted the time specifically, but I will say I have noted the attitude increasing during my lifetime. I am 43 years old.

So long as folks are comfortable and consider themselves secure, only a relatively few march in peaceful demonstrations or go to town meetings.

For example, if property taxes are proposed to be raised, people are vocal in their opposition, of course property taxes will rise anyway. Just one example.

Another example more recent and local to me is some new schools opening mid season and students being split up into new schools. Parents met about this and voiced disapproval; they wanted their children to finish out the school year in their respective schools. Effect? None.

Things like this have been chipping and chipping away at folks creating a "Hey, what are you gonna do?" attitude more and more, bit by bit.
well when the shit goes down they will have only themselves to blame some are ready for it

Daǧǧāl is a common Arabic word, with the meaning "deceiving"

Signs of his coming

The following signs are ascribed to Ali in the forthcoming of Dajjal:

* People will stop offering the prayers
* Dishonesty will be the way of life
* Falsehood will become a virtue
* People will mortgage their faith for worldly gains
* Usury and bribery will become legitimate
* Imbeciles would rule over the wise
* Blood of innocents would be shed
* Pride will be taken on acts of oppression
* The rulers will be corrupt
* The scholars will be hypocrites
* Adultery will be rampant
* Women will dress like men and men will dress like women(shayler MI5 or whatever agent)
* The liars and treacherous will be respected
* There will be acute famine at the time
* There will be no shame amongst people
* Children would challenge their mothers
* Youngsters would perform marital relationship with their mothers
* Many people would worship Satan
* there would be no respect for elder people

Television, the drug of the Nation
Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation

ONE EYE

It is said that he will have right eye damaged and the left will be working because knowledge acquired through the right eye can be nūrī (means that pertaining to light) and through the left nārī (that pertaining to fire)

- George Orwell 1984 P1:

Linear reasoning and language functions such as grammar and vocabulary often are lateralized to the left hemisphere of the brain. Dyscalculia is a neurological syndrome associated with damage to the left temporo-parietal junction. This syndrome is associated with poor numeric manipulation, poor mental arithmetic skill, and the inability to either understand or apply mathematical concepts.

In contrast, prosodic language functions, such as intonation and accentuation, often are lateralized to the right hemisphere of the brain. Functions such as the processing of visual and audiological stimuli, spatial manipulation, facial perception, and artistic ability seem to be functions of the right hemisphere.

I will be re posting this later on the religious section to ruffle a few feathers

Last edited by lightgiver; 24-05-2010 at 10:31 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #42
coco

Spot on.

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
http://www.uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi
coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #43
bush doctor

Quote:
The TV is an excellent tool from a certain perspective: He who controls the media, controls the hearts and minds of people.

More people have a 'hey, what can you do?' attitude.
It Is an "info war" and LG certainly has "the info" if peeps could only get past the tool box that these "magicians" use to maintain ones core be-lie-f systems they may well wake up smell the coffee.

For those who say what can I do, easy one that,,,, [B]question everything and demand answers,,,,,
Old 24-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #44
coco

Spot on again, doctor.

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
Old 24-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #45
lightgiver

Default One Eyed Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush doctor View Post
It Is an "info war" and LG certainly has "the info" if peeps could only get past the tool box that these "magicians" use to maintain ones core be-lie-f systems they may well wake up smell the coffee.

For those who say what can I do, easy one that,,,, [B]question everything and demand answers,,,,,
Yes spot on

Its hard for people to accept,all in due course

I am sure Stewart,GS, Keystone and co........co know all about it

Last edited by lightgiver; 25-05-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 25-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #46
purplepebble

Quote:
LG, in post #27, the tall, pointy hat is resemblant of the 'dunce cap' a student in the old days had to wear while sitting in the corner of the classroom when they misbehaved. It typically was not red, though. I don't know if there is any connection.

Anyway, an interesting thread and thank you both.

The Dunce Cap was designed to collect/focus the students energy up towards the 'point' of the cap to aid in focusing the students attention/mental energy.

Similar to the spires found on churches, although for the spiritual energy given off in churches.
purplepebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #47
coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepebble View Post
The Dunce Cap was designed to collect/focus the students energy up towards the 'point' of the cap to aid in focusing the students attention/mental energy.

Similar to the spires found on churches, although for the spiritual energy given off in churches.
I'll be darned:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...-the-dunce-cap

What's the origin of the dunce cap?

Dear Straight Dope:

It all started when someone asked why Kate Bush was wearing a "D" on a cone-shaped hat in her "Sat In Your Lap" video and has now turned into my quest to learn the origin of the dunce cap and why it was used in classrooms. One site claims these paper cone hats where put on women accused of witchcraft (this same site claims Joan of Arc was wearing one when she was burned at the stake). This doesn't explain why cone hats were used in the first place nor when/why American teachers started putting them on students with below-average grades. Help me, Unca Cecil, you're my only hope!

— Patty Marvel, Cleveland, Ohio

You know, when I was just a little 'un, my mom told me a story about a school of monks who lost an "intellectual battle." She said they wore "dunce caps" and that''s why they are considered a symbol of stupidity. I never found any other reference to this tale while growing up, though.

Isn't it amazing when you find out your mom was right all along?

Still, there's more to the story than she let on. The "dunce cap," and the word "dunce" itself, comes from one man: John Duns Scotus, or "the Subtle Doctor," born in 1266 in Duns, Scotland (hence his name). He was considered a master philosopher in the late middle ages, coining such oblique terms as "haecceitas" ---literally, "thisness." (I'm keeping that one in mind for my next Scrabble game.) He taught in Oxford, Cambridge and Paris, and founded the school of Scholastic thought called Scotism, whose followers were referred to as "Dunsmen." In an almost certainly apocryphal tale, shortly after he was made Abbot of Malmesbury his students stabbed him to death with their pens for "trying to get them to think." [Insert your own joke about "the pen is mightier than the sword" here.]

His teachings were respected until about the 16th century, when they were attacked by reformers and humanists as being sophist and needlessly complex. The Dunsmen (or Dunces) rallied against the attack (their name was by then already associated with "hair-splitting-ness" and specious reasoning), but all their struggle against the "new learning" only made their name synonymous with "idiot."

Poor Duns has gotten a pretty bad rap that none of his fellow Scholastics had to suffer through. The problem seems to be a tendency to favor extremely subtle and indirect reasoning that makes fellow Scholastic Thomas Aquinas seem accessible by comparison. Still, modern scholars think that the permanent association with stupidity is a bit much and are looking at his teachings with new interest; he was even beatified by Pope John Paul II in 1993.

What does this all have to do with those silly pointy hats?

Well, one of the more mystical things Duns accepted was the wearing of conical hats to increase learning. He noted that wizards supposedly wore such things; an apex was considered a symbol of knowledge and the hats were thought to "funnel" knowledge to the wearer. Once humanism gained the upper hand, Duns Scotus's teachings were despised and the "dunce cap" became identified with ignorance rather than learning. Humanists believed learning came from internal motivation rather than special hats, and used the public shame of having to wear a dunce cap to motivate slow learners to try harder.

So, Mom, you were right on this one. But I still don't know if I buy that eating my bread crusts will make my hair curly.

— Gaudere

Old 25-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #48
lightgiver

Default Spiral

Quote:

Like this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
This encompassing of the entire head is where the idea of putting halo on various deities came from. It also is the place where the tradition of a king wearing a crown comes. The crown symbolizing the fully open and active crown chakra, indicating that the individual was ruling with God and not just ruling with the human self. A missaligned Crown Chakra can cause self centeredness, spiritual poverty and on a more physical side, poor reality control, and low energy all the time.

http://meditation24-7.com/page41/page41.html

The Planet ruling the Crown Chakra is Saturn, who is the Lord of Karma, meaning work yields its own rewards, that good things are worth waiting for. No instant enlightenment lasts, although the experience may be profound. The reality is that spiritual work is tiresome, repetitive, boring and mostly unrewarded in the short term. In the long term, however and particularly as we approach old age and death, spiritual work becomes the only reality worth pursuing, however erratic the progress might be, most of us have many life times to attain enlightenment, others through hard work now and our previous life experiences will attain that which we all desire before our transition. The colour of this Chakra is violet / purple.

http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/ck/chakra_des.shtml

ALL Solfeggio Hz CHAKRA TUNE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPsN_Y-wlNo
Old 25-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #49
bush doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Yes spot on

Its hard for people to accept,all in due course

I am sure Stewart,GS, Keystone and co........co know all about it
Yes I'm in no doubt its' firmly entrenched knowledge that is being jealously guarded, funny the big boys don't want to play any more or they may be busy frying smaller fish

Keep up the good work bro
Old 26-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #50

eresting thread . The red Cap and as was mentioned to a lesser degree yellow caps , do they derive from mushrooms ? there has to be a link there with hallucinogens and sacred knowledge .worth looking into .
a section from the page .
Quote:
Amanita muscaria, commonly known as the fly agaric (pronounced /ˈæɡərɪk/) or fly Amanita (pronounced /ˌæməˈnaɪtə/), is a poisonous and psychoactive basidiomycete fungus, one of many in the genus Amanita. Native throughout the temperate and boreal regions of the Northern Hemisphere, Amanita muscaria has been unintentionally introduced to many countries in the Southern Hemisphere, generally as a symbiont with pine plantations, and is now a true cosmopolitan species. It associates with various deciduous and coniferous trees. The quintessential toadstool, it is a large white-gilled, white-spotted, usually deep red mushroom, one of the most recognizable and widely encountered in popular culture. Several subspecies, with differing cap colour have been recognised to date, including the brown regalis (considered a separate species), the yellow-orange flavivolata, guessowii, and formosa, and the pinkish persicina. Genetic studies published in 2006 and 2008 show several sharply delineated clades which may represent separate species.

Although generally considered poisonous, deaths are extremely rare, and it has been consumed as a food in parts of Europe, Asia, and North America after parboiling in water. However, Amanita muscaria is now primarily famed for its hallucinogenic properties, with its main psychoactive constituent being the compound muscimol. It was used as an intoxicant and entheogen by the peoples of Siberia and has a religious significance in these cultures. There has been much speculation on traditional use of this mushroom as an intoxicant in places other than Siberia; however, such traditions are far less well-documented. The American banker and amateur ethnomycologist R. Gordon Wasson proposed the fly agaric was in fact the Soma talked about in the ancient Rig Veda texts of India; since its introduction in 1968, this theory has gained both detractors and followers in the anthropological literature.[1]
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 02:29 AM   #51
purplepebble

That connection has crossed my mind, especially the Liberty Cap.

Saci - Brazilian Devil

Celebrated on October 31st...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

This cannot be a coincidence

Last edited by purplepebble; 26-05-2010 at 02:46 AM. Reason: pictures
Old 26-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #52
purplepebble

30. Redhats
(C.W. 154 The Scholars)

Red hats with pointed tops
on heads that claim to mean no harm,
these learned lamas dressed like fops
proclaim a dharma without charm
in lessons meted out by rote
or mantrum murmured, note for note.

They shuffle where the prayer wheels spin
declaring that a jewel must dwell
inside the lotus, without sin,
as if their lot alone can tell
what miracles the mind can trade
the other side of this charade.

http://www.kalirising.org/2009/03/25...-unborn-28-34/

“The Masters of Black Magic” (WHERE THE MOUNTAINS ARE GODS, Reynal and Co.), he writes: “According to Tibetan belief, the many evil spirits and half-tamed demons are only too willing to aid sorcerers in the destruction of human life—subject to receiving offerings of special sort. The so-called ‘inner-offerings’ presented to them in these cases consist of a cake of dark flour and blood, five kinds of flesh (including human flesh), and the skull of an incestuously begotten child filled with blood and white mustard seeds.” (The “hidden meaning” of the latter ingredient in this devil’s recipe will be obvious to the reader who knows the demons prefer human substance above all.) To these are added “‘outer offerings’—bowls of blood and brains, a lamp fed with human fat and having a wick of human hair, a doughy mass of gall, brains and human entrails—must be spread on the flayed skin of a child. In addition to this, poisonous thorn apple blossoms and human flesh are to be burnt as incense. In the third, so-called ‘secret offering,’ the deities are supplied with symbolic partners for ritual sexual intercourse”—“symbolic,” one might add, only if the “deities” cannot “materialize” or make astral appearance before the sorcerer.

It is not irrelevant to remind the audience that these complicated sexual practices performed by more than two persons are indeed related to Black Tantra, and this can be evidenced when we study the sinister teachings of the Dag-Dugpa [Drukpa] clan within the church of the red hat priests in the region of the Himalayas, in Eastern Tibet. [Editor's Note: Drukpa comes from the Tibetan འབྲུག་ཡུལ་ (’brug yul), which means "country of Bhutan," and is composed of Druk, "dragon," and pa, "person."

http://gnosticteachings.org/online-b...a/16-the-devil
Old 26-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #53
lightgiver

Default The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
eresting thread . The red Cap and as was mentioned to a lesser degree yellow caps , do they derive from mushrooms ? there has to be a link there with hallucinogens and sacred knowledge .worth looking into .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria
a section from the page .
John Marco Allegro's The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross -

The concerted and biased attempts to destroy Allegros discoveries have failed. The confirmatory evidence is mounting in his favor. The critics can now raise their voices again. Let us hope that they do, since the matter is not settled, but they should be advised to do so with more careful consideration. This book that many have prized in secret is now available again. It demands the serious consideration of theologians, mythologists, and students of religion. No account of the history of the Church, both West and East, can afford to leave the poor despicable fungus unconsidered, nor the role that entheogens in general have played in the evolution of European civilization.
~ Professor Carl A. P. Ruck, Boston University.

Why was Jesus a magic mushroom?
Because an English scholar specializing in languages by the name of John M Allegro, was the only non Christian commissioned by the church in 1947 to be on the team to decipher the Dead Sea Scrolls.
His findings were shunned by the church, his books were banned, and his life works were ridiculed.
In his book the sacred mushroom and the cross he clearly states that Jesus was a mushroom, because he kept seeing words in the ancient dead sea scrolls that when translated meant magic mushroom the reason for this was because the ancient peoples, possibly Sumerians that wrote the scrolls were nature worshipers & there most sacred thing of all was the magic mushroom animetus mascara a very strong red and white Psychedelic mushroom.
They believed the mushroom was in the image of the penis that shot up out of the earth, the mother, after the sacred rain, seen as the sperm of God, the mighty sun, the mighty penis in the sky.
You can see why the church discredited Allegro’s findings they didn’t want to except that sex and magic mushrooms was what the Bible & Christianity was all about.

1. The church says only by partaking of the flesh of Jesus can you reach the kingdom of heaven. = meaning: the flesh of the magic mushroom has a psychedelic property that when you partake, eat, digest, the flesh you can reach haven.

2. To drink the blood of Jesus = meaning: to make a magic mushroom brew to enlighten
And awaken to the sacred realm of the sacred magic mushroom and this explains why only through Jesus.

3. Why the symbol of the cross for Jesus? = meaning; the shape of the mushroom is the same shape as the cross. The cross is the symbol of the mushroom.

4. Why was Mary the virgin mother? = meaning: "Jesus was a mushroom" because the primitive people knew most plants came from seeds and some one in the sky fertilizers them, mushrooms don’t come from seeds, their spores don’t need fertilizing hence the allegorical story of a virgin birth.

5. So why wont the church is honest about Jesus the mushroom? = meaning because they make more money out of the lie that Jesus was a real man.
But only a fool would believe one man in history could die for us and rise again from the dead when we all know that’s imposable it has to be a story to hide a greater truth like the realities of the magic mushroom that suppress ego and reduce wars when used in a religious way.

http://mountzion144.ning.com/profile...magic-mushroom

Atlantis and the Magic Mushroom (Part 1)

The Copper Scroll

The controversy over the Copper Scroll deepened the rift between Allegro and the team. At the request of the authorities, Allegro had arranged for the scroll to be cut open in Manchester over the winter of 1955/56. He supervised the opening and made a preliminary transcription and translation of the contents. He found it to be a list of Temple treasure hidden at various locations around Qumran and Jerusalem, most probably after the sack of Jerusalem in AD 70. Initial excitement turned to poison when the team accused Allegro of leaking information to the Press (which was denied) and later objected to his pre-empting the official translation (in 1962) by publishing his own version first (in 1960). In Allegro's defense, it is suggested the team had already issued a preliminary translation, and Allegro held his book back to try and let the official version take precedence. But he could not in honesty support the official interpretation of the Copper Scroll as a work of fiction, and some later scholars have endorsed his view that the treasure was real.[2]
[edit] Christian origins

Allegro believed that Essenism was the matrix of Christianity. He suggested that there were so many correspondences between the scroll texts and the New Testament — words and phrases, beliefs and practices, Messianic leadership, a teacher who was persecuted and possibly crucified — that he thought the derivation obvious. This brought him into conflict with the Catholic priests on the editing team, and with most church spokesmen, who maintained the orthodox assumption that the arrival of Jesus was the unique, historical, God-given event described in the Gospels. Allegro also started to look in more depth at the way the New Testament appeared to weave together a mix of folklore, myth, incantation and history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Allegro

Manna From Heaven

There are a great many people who would never consider the use of visionary plants to be a spiritual experience. These people believe that spiritual experiences must come directly from God and that the use of visionary plants goes against the teachings of the Bible. Contrary to this notion, the Bible never explicitly prohibits the use of visionary plants or potions. What you will find however, is many curious references to a spiritual food sent down from heaven by God, called manna.

The Bible never tells us exactly what manna was and where it came from, but there are many Old Testament passages which describe its physical qualities and conditions associated with its appearance. The Bible's first reference to manna is in the Book of Exodus as the children of Israel are fleeing from Egypt and following Moses into the wilderness. After six weeks of wandering, they began complaining to Moses that they are tired and hungry. What happens next is truly extraordinary:

Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will vain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law or no (16:4).

And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground (16:14). And when the children of Israel saw if, they said one to another It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat.

http://deoxy.org/manna.htm

Moses, 9/11 and Magic Mushroom (Atlantis & Shrooms Part 2)

Where No Man Has Gone Before

Beam me up, Scotty

Last edited by lightgiver; 26-05-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 26-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #54
purplepebble

The oldest representations of hallucinogenic mushrooms in the world are in The Sahara Desert. They were produced 7000-9000 years ago. The idea that the use of hallucinogens should be a source of inspiration for some forms of prehistoric rock art is not a new one. After a brief examination of instances of such art, this article intends to focus its attention on a group of rock paintings in the Sahara Desert, the works of pre-neolithic Early Gatherers, in which mushrooms effigies are represented repeatedly. The polychromic scenes of harvest, adoration and the offering of mushrooms, and large masked gods covered with mushrooms, not to mention other significant details, lead us to suppose we are dealing with an ancient hallucinogenic mushroom cult. What is remarkable about these ethnomycological works, produced 7,000 - 9,000 years ago, is that they could indeed reflect the most ancient human culture as yet documented in which the ritual use of hallucinogenic mushrooms is explicitly represented. As the Fathers of modern ethno-mycology (and in particular R. Gordon Wasson) imagined, this Saharian testimony shows that the use of hallucinogens goes back to the Paleolithic Period and that their use always takes place within contexts and rituals of a mysfico-religious nature

http://www.magic-mushrooms.net/history.html

Thought this was interesting

To this day Siberian shamans dress in ceremonial red and white fur-trimmed jackets to gather the magic mushrooms. First they pick and place the mushrooms to partially dry on nearby pine boughs which prepares them for ingestion and makes the load lighter. This is why we decorate our Christmas trees with ornaments and bulbs, because the gatherers would always adorn trees with drying mushrooms. Next the shaman collects his red and white presents in a sack and proceeds to travel from house to house delivering them. During Siberian winters, the snow piles up past the doors of their yurts (huts), so the red and white clad shaman must climb down the smoke-hole (chimney) to deliver the presents in his sack. Finally the appreciative villagers string the mushrooms up or put them in stockings hung affront the fire to dry. When they awake in the morning, their presents from under the pine tree are all dried and ready to eat

Old 26-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #55
lightgiver

Default Magic

Quote:
That connection has crossed my mind, especially the Liberty Cap.

Saci - Brazilian Devil

Celebrated on October 31st...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

This cannot be a coincidence
HO ho ho

Quote:
The oldest representations of hallucinogenic mushrooms in the world are in The Sahara Desert. They were produced 7000-9000 years ago. The idea that the use of hallucinogens should be a source of inspiration for some forms of prehistoric rock art is not a new one. After a brief examination of instances of such art, this article intends to focus its attention on a group of rock paintings in the Sahara Desert, the works of pre-neolithic Early Gatherers, in which mushrooms effigies are represented repeatedly. The polychromic scenes of harvest, adoration and the offering of mushrooms, and large masked gods covered with mushrooms, not to mention other significant details, lead us to suppose we are dealing with an ancient hallucinogenic mushroom cult. What is remarkable about these ethnomycological works, produced 7,000 - 9,000 years ago, is that they could indeed reflect the most ancient human culture as yet documented in which the ritual use of hallucinogenic mushrooms is explicitly represented. As the Fathers of modern ethno-mycology (and in particular R. Gordon Wasson) imagined, this Saharian testimony shows that the use of hallucinogens goes back to the Paleolithic Period and that their use always takes place within contexts and rituals of a mysfico-religious nature

http://www.magic-mushrooms.net/history.html

Thought this was interesting

To this day Siberian shamans dress in ceremonial red and white fur-trimmed jackets to gather the magic mushrooms. First they pick and place the mushrooms to partially dry on nearby pine boughs which prepares them for ingestion and makes the load lighter. This is why we decorate our Christmas trees with ornaments and bulbs, because the gatherers would always adorn trees with drying mushrooms. Next the shaman collects his red and white presents in a sack and proceeds to travel from house to house delivering them. During Siberian winters, the snow piles up past the doors of their yurts (huts), so the red and white clad shaman must climb down the smoke-hole (chimney) to deliver the presents in his sack. Finally the appreciative villagers string the mushrooms up or put them in stockings hung affront the fire to dry. When they awake in the morning, their presents from under the pine tree are all dried and ready to eat

Old 26-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #56
purplepebble

Humanity's use of mushrooms extends back to Paleolithic times. Few people - even anthropologists - comprehend how influential mushrooms have been in affecting the course of human evolution. Mushrooms have played pivotal roles in ancient Greece, India and Mesoamerica. True to their beguiling nature, fungi have always elicited deep emotional responses: from adulation by those who understand them to outright fear by those who do not.

The historical record reveals that mushrooms have been used for less than beneign purposes. Claudius II and Pope Clement VII were both killed by enemies who poisoned them with deadly Amanitas. Buddha died, according to legend, from a mushroom that grew underground. Buddha was given the mushroom by a peasant who believed it to be a delicacy. In ancient verse, that Tassili mushroom shaman ala dimitri mushroom was linked to the phrase "pig's foot" but has never been identified. (Although truffles grow underground and pigs are used to find them, no deadly poisonous species are known.

http://deoxy.org/mushman.htm
Old 26-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #57
lightgiver

Default MM

Quote:
Humanity's use of mushrooms extends back to Paleolithic times. Few people - even anthropologists - comprehend how influential mushrooms have been in affecting the course of human evolution. Mushrooms have played pivotal roles in ancient Greece, India and Mesoamerica. True to their beguiling nature, fungi have always elicited deep emotional responses: from adulation by those who understand them to outright fear by those who do not.

The historical record reveals that mushrooms have been used for less than beneign purposes. Claudius II and Pope Clement VII were both killed by enemies who poisoned them with deadly Amanitas. Buddha died, according to legend, from a mushroom that grew underground. Buddha was given the mushroom by a peasant who believed it to be a delicacy. In ancient verse, that Tassili mushroom shaman ala dimitri mushroom was linked to the phrase "pig's foot" but has never been identified. (Although truffles grow underground and pigs are used to find them, no deadly poisonous species are known.

http://deoxy.org/mushman.htm
Yes its all very interesting

The Buddha died of old age, when he was eighty years old. The death was triggered by his body reaction to a dish of wild mushroom. He died peacefully and mindfully.

http://www.buddhanet.net/budsas/ebud/ebsut006.htm

Another interesting Link,

THE USE OF MARIJUANA IN ANCIENT TIMES

Richard E. Schultes, a prominent researcher in the field of psychoactive plants, said in an article he wrote entitled "Man and Marijuana":

"...that early man experimented with all plant materials that he could chew and could not have avoided discovering the properties of cannabis (marijuana), for in his quest for seeds and oil, he certainly ate the sticky tops of the plant. Upon eating hemp the euphoric, ecstatic and hallucinatory aspects may have introduced man to an other-worldly plane from which emerged religious beliefs, perhaps even the concept of deity. The plant became accepted as a special gift of the gods, a sacred medium for communion with the spiritual world and as such it has remained in some cultures to the present."

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi..._spirit2.shtml

"In the Judaic world, the vapors from burnt spices and aromatic gums were considered part of the pleasurable act of worship. In proverbs (27:9) it is said that 'Ointment and perfumes rejoice the heart.' Perfumes were widely used in Egyptian worship. Stone altars have been unearthed in Babylon and Palestine, which have been used for burning incense made of aromatic wood and spices. While the casual readers today may interpret such practices as mere satisfaction of the desire for pleasant odors, this is almost certainly an error; in many or most cases, a psychoactive drug was being inhaled. In the islands of the Mediterranean 2,500 years ago and in Africa hundreds of years ago, for example leaves and flowers of a particular plant were often thrown upon bonfires and the smoke inhaled; the plant was marijuana." (Edward Preble and Gabriel V. Laurey, Plastic Cement: The Ten Cent Hallucinogen, International Journal of the Addictions, 2 (Fall 2967): 271-272.

Man they were all just stoned and tripped out way back then

The Mysterious smoke mentioned in the covenant on Mt. Sinai is also referred to as a cloud.

Exodus 24:15 "And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. 16 And the glory of the Lord abode upon Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

"The earliest civilizations of Mesopotamia brewed intoxicating beer of barley more than 5,000 years ago; is it too much to assume that even earlier cultures experienced euphoria, accidentally or deliberately, through inhalation of the resinous smoke of Cannabis?" (Ritual Use of Cannabis Sativa L, p. 216.)

"It is said that the Assyrians used hemp (marijuana) as incense in the seventh or eighth century before Christ and called it 'Qunubu', a term apparently borrowed from an old East Iranian word 'Konaba', the same as the Scythian name 'cannabis'." (Plants of the Gods -- Origin of Hallucinogenic Use by Richard E. Schultes and Albert Hofmann)

"It is recorded that the Chinese Taoist recommended the addition of cannabis to their incense burners in the 1st century as a means of achieving immortality." (Marijuana, the First Twelve Thousand Years by Earnest Abel, page 5)

"There is a classic Greek term, cannabeizein, which means to smoke cannabis. Cannabeizein frequently took the form of inhaling vapors from an incense burner in which these resins were mixed with other resins, such as myrrh, balsam, frankincense, and perfumes." (Ritual Use of Cannabis Sativa L)

"Herodotus in the fifth century B.C. observed the Scythians throwing hemp on heated stone to create smoke and observed them inhaling this smoke. Although he does not identify them, Herodotus states that when they "have parties and sit around a fire, they throw some of it into the flames. As it burns, it smokes like incense, and the smell of it makes them drunk, just as wine does us. As more fruit is thrown on, they get more and more intoxicated until finally they jump up and start dancing and singing." (Herodotus, Histories 1.202.)

Last edited by lightgiver; 26-05-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 26-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #58
purplepebble

LG -

Santa, Mushrooms, etc...interesting info here and pics

"So, why do people bring Pine trees into their houses at the Winter Solstice, placing brightly colored (Red and White) packages under their boughs, as gifts to show their love for each other and as representations of the love of God and the gift of his Sons life? It is because, underneath the Pine bough is the exact location where one would find this ‘Most Sacred' Substance, the Amanita muscaria, in the wild." -James Arthur, "Mushrooms and Mankind"

http://hubpages.com/hub/mushroomsanta
Old 26-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #59
coco

I heard Buddha was accidentally offered a poisonous dish to eat and after he became ill ordered the food destroyed but did not hold blame to the person who offered the food because he knew it was unintentional.

I always wondered how you offer poisonous food accidentally, unless the food was not kept in a proper environment and spoiled.

Mushrooms makes sense of the story.

Old 26-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #60
lightgiver

Default Hail the MM

Quote:
LG -

Santa, Mushrooms, etc...interesting info here and pics

"So, why do people bring Pine trees into their houses at the Winter Solstice, placing brightly colored (Red and White) packages under their boughs, as gifts to show their love for each other and as representations of the love of God and the gift of his Sons life? It is because, underneath the Pine bough is the exact location where one would find this ‘Most Sacred' Substance, the Amanita muscaria, in the wild." -James Arthur, "Mushrooms and Mankind"

http://hubpages.com/hub/mushroomsanta
So along with Hail Horus we also have hail the Mushroom

I wonder if the con sumers are aware of this,most likely not

Quote:
I heard Buddha was accidentally offered a poisonous dish to eat and after he became ill ordered the food destroyed but did not hold blame to the person who offered the food because he knew it was unintentional.

I always wondered how you offer poisonous food accidentally, unless the food was not kept in a proper environment and spoiled.

Mushrooms makes sense of the story.
Should the Buddha have not been aware of this with his Buddha nature

I prefer to cook my own

Last edited by lightgiver; 26-05-2010 at 07:51 PM.