Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 09-01-2019, 02:47 AM   #1
size_of_light

Default The More You Walk Around The Bigger You Feel

Not 'fat' bigger, but bigger in terms of your consciousness and its relationship to the physical world.

Your spatial awareness and sense of location improves and you end up feeling 10-foot tall and bulletproof.

There's too many lazy, overweight prats getting in my way as they struggle to waddle short distances.

start striding around with purpose!

Last edited by JumpRogue; 09-01-2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Might move this to the rant area
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:58 AM   #2
size_of_light

Get moving.

If your feet aren't burning at the end of the day you're a kitty-kat.

Last edited by size_of_light; 09-01-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:11 AM   #3
size_of_light

Quote:
Walking six miles each week could reduce chance of getting Alzheimer's

Walking six miles each week could reduce chance of getting Alzheimer's

By Jenny Hope for the Daily Mail
29 November 2010

Walking is the best medicine to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s - and cut your risk of getting it, claim researchers.

They prescribe five miles of walking a week to reduce the chances of the disease getting worse.

Healthy people should walk six miles to reduce their chances of developing it, says a new US study.

It found regular daily walking strengthens the brain’s memory circuits and also helps people who are starting to become forgetful.

Researchers used MRI scans to investigate how regular physical activity affected the structure of the brain in people with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and Alzheimer’s disease.

Lead researcher Dr Cyrus Raji of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine said: 'We found that walking five miles per week protects brain structure over 10 years in people with Alzheimer’s and MCI, especially in areas of the brain’s key memory and learning centres.

'We also found that these people had a slower decline in memory loss over five years.’

In cases of MCI, a person has cognitive or memory problems which are more marked than typical age-related memory loss, but not yet as severe as those found in Alzheimer’s disease.

About half of the people with MCI progress to Alzheimer’s disease.

Dr Raji said ‘Because a cure for Alzheimer’s is not yet a reality, we hope to find ways of alleviating disease progression or symptoms in people who already are cognitively impaired.’

Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, which causes shrinkage of the brain, affect more than 700,000 people in the UK.

For some sufferers new drugs can delay the progress of devastating symptoms such as memory loss and erosion of the ability to do everyday things but there is currently no cure for the disease.

For the ongoing study, the researchers analysed the relationship between physical activity and brain structure in 426 people in their 70s and 80s, including 299 healthy adults, 83 patients with MCI and 44 Alzheimer’s sufferers. The researchers monitored how far each person walked in a week.

After 10 years everyone underwent 3-D MRI exams to identify changes in brain volume, which is a vital sign for the brain, said Dr Raji.

'When it decreases, that means brain cells are dying. But when it remains higher, brain health is being maintained’ he added.

In addition, patients and the healthy volunteers were tested using the mini-mental state exam (MMSE) to track cognitive decline over five years.

The findings showed across the board that greater amounts of physical activity were associated with greater brain volume.

Those with MCI and Alzheimer’s needed to walk at least 58 city blocks, or approximately five miles, per week to maintain brain volume and slow cognitive decline.

The healthy adults needed to walk at least 72 city blocks, or six miles, per week to maintain brain volume and significantly reduce their risk for cognitive decline.

Over five years, MMSE scores decreased by an average of five points in cognitively impaired patients who did not engage in a sufficient level of physical activity, compared with a decrease of only one point in patients who met the physical activity requirement.

The findings were presented at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America on Nov. 29 in Chicago.

‘Alzheimer’s is a devastating illness, and unfortunately, walking is not a cure’ said Dr Raji.

‘But walking can improve your brain’s resistance to the disease and reduce memory loss over time.’

Professor Clive Ballard, director of research at the Alzheimer’s Society said: 'Whether it is going for a jog or walking the golf course, keeping physically active is a great way to keep your heart and your brain healthy.

‘By keeping active you make sure your brain has a good, strong blood supply, which is essential to help it function better now and in future.

‘Exercise is beneficial at every stage of your life so there is no excuse!

‘Regular exercise can reduce your risk of developing dementia by up to a third.

[continued at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...uce-risk.html]
Old 09-01-2019, 10:03 PM   #4
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
Get moving.

If your feet aren't burning at the end of the day.

burn it ,,

Last edited by jupiter12; 09-01-2019 at 10:12 PM.
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:28 PM   #5
decim

Oh yeah..
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:34 PM   #6
size_of_light

Old 10-01-2019, 01:39 AM   #7
decim

Talking

Nah, this festival of slavic peregrinations wins the interwebs.

DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #8
solowrist

The two best doctors in the world are your legs.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #9
decim

Graham Coxon - Walking All Day

Old 14-01-2019, 08:09 AM   #10
techman

One thing I always often do, and which I like and doesn't bother me in the slightest (or makes me exhausted), is walking long distances.

I walked about 5 miles in one afternoon last week, wearing nothing but regular trainers, a winter coat, scarf and hat. All through houses and along a country lane through several villages. I was abit sweaty and hot when I got home, but I never felt tired or my knees aching. My sole was abit sore, but only through my trainers being abit crap. Walking that distance, non stop without being out of breath must be a good thing. I'm not a skinny thing but I'm quite well built and stocky.

I know people my age who are out of breath after walking a short distance. The reason it doesn't bother me is because I'm generally used to it.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote