Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David's Political Campaign - Archive

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #41
smoking oceanus
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 569
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Are you saying there are better, less cornier book covers out there...?


smoking oceanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #42
onourwayto2012
Senior Member
 
onourwayto2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Bend, So Oregon coast
Posts: 2,024
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

So now we've got something like Shit Book Covers vs Book Cover Huggers goin on. I have found them to all be quite interesting actually..... and have a precensored copy of I Am Me...... how special...
onourwayto2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #43
follz20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 190
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccaagainstnwo View Post
I would say who 'really' cares about what the book cover looks like???, does it make a difference to your life??? really think deep about that....... it dont does it??.... so why worry??... do you really have to be a strange and different person to be able to own a book that shows a cover which dont fit into mainstream society???... I think you guys are still sleeping yes? if you would not rather buy his books just because you have friends who will take the mick out of what they think the content invloves just by judging from the cover then you are still pretty much sleeping my friends.

Yes, they will take the mick but thats totally their problem isnt it and not yours?? it will instantly make you realize from looking at their reaction to the book cover alone that they are just trapped in the society that has made them think like that in the first place. YOU know whats in the book and YOU know what it really contains and means and most of all YOU know what things are contained in the book are TRUE. All you need to tell your friends when you hear their reaction to the cover is..."have you read it before?".... they will obviously say no, then you say to them... "so then how do you know its a load of crap then???" they will either shut up or still ridicule it but you will see the look on their face that they know your right, they will just never want to admit it because then they will just make themselves look stupid.

Who really cares about book covers? I dont give a shit because ive completely woken up and the sooner more people dont give a shit is the day when we will be just a little bit closer to getting the majority of the population to realize that the reason they gave a shit in the first place is because the manufactured society has got them that way in the first place.

I could own one of David Ickes books even if it was bright flourecent pink with a big flashing sign pointing to it saying 'this book is shit'... I dont care, I read the book and it makes sense to ME, let people think what they want to think, their the ones who are missing out, never feel embarrased by having a book that looks different, if you did then there wouldnt be any true change in the world would there?

Im actually quite surprised at the amount of people on here that still havent woken up from societies spell considering that this is David Ickes website, most you people obviously need to watch all them David Icke lectures again that you once watched before to make his message truly sink in like it should have in the first place. Yes breaking away from the mind set of society can be hard for people because its hard wired into your minds from birth, im just advising for you to watch them all again, then maybe the thought of what other people think might truly go away and you will see this whole place for what it really is.

Im not on this website too often but while im here, your more than welcome to join my group on facebook 'public awarness of the new world order' and invite your other freinds who need waking up, thanks, Macca.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...id=50618289786
Well said sir, I agree
follz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #44
dean_bpm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Although i would read his books no matter what cover they had i have got to admit they do look like they were knocked up by a 12 year old designing a myspace page.
dean_bpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #45
asentinel
Senior Member
 
asentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in peace
Posts: 422
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default that type of shallow insecurity is ego rejecting

the knowledge/info but wanting an excuse for it. I told someone about the site/forum etc and they had a similar excuse for not wanting to investigate any further. Being obsessed with an acceptable package to be aligned with, is just saying you are in the programme and game of being concerned what people think of you. You need the approval of others. When you are guided by your inner voice, could be DI's X-factor, so described, you would not care if it was packaged in a cover ripped and stained, from a second-hand store, you would be happy to acknowledge sanity like a man in a desert with parched lips, welcomes a precious drop. When you make a judgement like that, discomfort, something is making you squirm, I find that to be confirmation that there must be something tasty awaiting.
__________________
"~~*Star Child*~~child of the stars ~knowledge and creativity ~contained in all ~the universe ~is yours ~for the asking ~be reminded ~of your connection ~because it is continuous ~it is only you ~who choose confusion ~from time to time ~forgetting ~your heritage! ~love..."
asentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #46
celtic isis
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,301
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosatellites View Post
Lol - i share your issue. I haven't read any of Davids books for aesthetic reasons. I'd be embarassed to be caught dead with one of them. Those covers are so fucking ugly it's surreal.
now that is sad.

I have David's last book proudly displayed for everyone to see when they come in the door, it's right there on the shelf, if they bother to look...i don't have the rest because family members have my others lol

The artwork on the book covers is eye catching, which i think is what its purpose was in the first place! My favourites are I am me, I am Free and the last one with the reptilian eye in the middle of the swirl of images of logos, politcal figures, symbolism etc. The scales too were a nice touch lol

The only thing to pick at i'd have is maybe the wording of things sometimes, the subtitles, can be a bit tongue in cheek, as in we get the humour behind what it means but the clueless don't. But that's it


I say it's fun to provoke, stick your book out there and display proudly!!

It's obviously what's in the book that matters.
celtic isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #47
celtic isis
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,301
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
I'm a straight man.. Is it wrong that I peeled away the "CENSORED" sticker on the cover of "I am me, I am free"?
i'm so disappointed, the book i got had no way to peel off the sticker part was printed on!!

darn it, i wanted to see dave's golden jubeliees! haha

i want my money back now lol

celtic isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #48
hellosatellites
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,626
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic isis View Post
now that is sad.

I have David's last book proudly displayed for everyone to see when they come in the door, it's right there on the shelf, if they bother to look...i don't have the rest because family members have my others lol

The artwork on the book covers is eye catching, which i think is what its purpose was in the first place! My favourites are I am me, I am Free and the last one with the reptilian eye in the middle of the swirl of images of logos, politcal figures, symbolism etc. The scales too were a nice touch lol

The only thing to pick at i'd have is maybe the wording of things sometimes, the subtitles, can be a bit tongue in cheek, as in we get the humour behind what it means but the clueless don't. But that's it


I say it's fun to provoke, stick your book out there and display proudly!!

It's obviously what's in the book that matters.
Don't be too sad ok

Good on you for enjoying the books so much. It's just a question of different tastes really can't be discussed, taste, it's so subjective isn't it.

I wouldn't be cought dead with one of the books, but do enjoy Davids talks and interviews very much. He is such a powerful communicator and a very charming and funny man too - he has great body language too, which i love - so i prefer to listen and look and feel his vibe all of which doesn't really come through in his writing. Granted, i only know his writing from the newsletters, and based on that i prefer his spoken words and the presence of spacial fullness between the words, if that makes sense.

Enjoy whatever you enjoy

Last edited by hellosatellites; 30-04-2009 at 10:02 AM.
hellosatellites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #49
tracker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,347
Likes: 3 (3 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennystetson View Post
Have any of you guys ever been in the awkward situation when a friend or someone spots the cover of the book your currently reading which happens to be David Icke's: The Biggest secret - The book that will change the world.

This has now hapened to me a few times with different people where it is absolutely impossible to not want to take the piss out of the book cover that looks like some some bullshit thats designed to brainwash gullible people in to believing some random crap that written with the sol purpose of 'selling' and making money. I've got to say this is a classic example of don't judge a book by its cover.

How are you ment to get to the ignorant masses if the book cover alone is so fucking hilarious that theres no way anyone could conceive reading the first page. personally I can look past the book cover but this isn't exactly making it easy for the message to get to the people, it's like a shield protecting the book saying : dont read me I am full of shit.
If only people knew that this book really does hold a lot of interesting and very important information.

I don't know I just believe that if they would have left the cover blank I would have been able to grab peoples atention with it a lot easyer, without sounding preachy or nothing you know?

First of all the title, although very truthfull is waaaaay to direct: THE BIGGEST SECRET - THE BOOK THAT WILL CHANGE THE WORLD and writen in massive orange letters that look like they were straight out of Word 97. On the front cover theres gimmicky pics of some politicians that were 'Hot' topics when the book was released. On the back again there is the one liner "THE BLOCKBUSTER OF ALL BLOCKBUSTERS" and a picture of david with the cheesiest grin youver ever seen.lol
To me these are all the brainwashing tools used in the world today that david actually speaks out against, just doesnt make sence.
Though my best guess is that the cover has nothing to do with david, its probably all down to the editor,
I was just wondering had noticed this?
peace
lets start at the beginning here .

1 )So you admityou perposly bring the book into full view of people who you know damned well will take the piss ?
hhm -----------interesting .

2 ) you then blame the book for your mild yet totaly blind mistake of issue 1 above by slagging the cover right down , ie so you blame the book for issue above by blaming its cover .

3 )
you say it looks like a book thats designed by an old program ( ie indicating it appearse insupeior which somehow is a side track from the real issue here ) you also said that it LOOKS like a book designed to mind wash the gullable .

forget all this , but do you see how you are acting ?
what you place the blame on ?

yet if any of those people around you in anyway respected you , they would purely understand -------------that its just a book !

if you insist on bringing in a focus point that they can hook onto -then thats your fault .
lets face facts -----------ask your self

why do you do this ?

why is it ------that you cannot see the truth that these people wish to ridicule you and put you down anyway --- the book is only a tool inwhich they use to do this .
if it wasnt that book ------------what book will it be ?
if it wasnt a book ------------------it would be something else .


you must face facts here -------------- they are punishing you with mental and emotional bullying because you dont fit their idea of what you have to read and think .


im not going to say anymore because it doesnt seem as though you are able to face this truth let alone be capable of accepting these facts so i will waist my time no more on this subject .

other than to say this

just because the majority think this----------or think that-----------or do this or that --------being a majority does not make them right and never will !

not so long ago the majority thought the world was flat !
that people are witches if they fly !
that saying god does not exist is punishable by death !

these traist are still what programms the masses today !

its called the tribe mentality !

tribes look after the tribe .

their is no such thing as an individual ina tribe .

if a tribe was about being individuals , the tribe would not exist .

thats the same with the masses today .

and besides , it sounds as though you are either at a school yard , or a gathering for the mentaly ignorant .

fkem all !

read it somewhere else , if you keep being bogged down by what others think


you'll never learn a thing !

the world didnt get where it is today by people worrying about -------what others think !
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #50
cheeney1
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Moderator
Posts: 3,233
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Talking Di books

I Don't Care what The Fucks on The Cover, I Just Read The Book... Never judge A Book By Its Cover isn't that the saying.......
cheeney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #51
onourwayto2012
Senior Member
 
onourwayto2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Bend, So Oregon coast
Posts: 2,024
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Geeez... I think the covers are way coool!! And to not read or share a book cuz of it's cover is somewhat ridiculous. I think you must have been kidding....you can't possibly be that shallow..
onourwayto2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:36 AM   #52
kennystetson
Senior Member
 
kennystetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 104
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
lets start at the beginning here .

1 )So you admityou perposly bring the book into full view of people who you know damned well will take the piss ?
hhm -----------interesting .

2 ) you then blame the book for your mild yet totaly blind mistake of issue 1 above by slagging the cover right down , ie so you blame the book for issue above by blaming its cover .

3 )
you say it looks like a book thats designed by an old program ( ie indicating it appearse insupeior which somehow is a side track from the real issue here ) you also said that it LOOKS like a book designed to mind wash the gullable .

forget all this , but do you see how you are acting ?
what you place the blame on ?

yet if any of those people around you in anyway respected you , they would purely understand -------------that its just a book !

if you insist on bringing in a focus point that they can hook onto -then thats your fault .
lets face facts -----------ask your self

why do you do this ?

why is it ------that you cannot see the truth that these people wish to ridicule you and put you down anyway --- the book is only a tool inwhich they use to do this .
if it wasnt that book ------------what book will it be ?
if it wasnt a book ------------------it would be something else .


you must face facts here -------------- they are punishing you with mental and emotional bullying because you dont fit their idea of what you have to read and think .


im not going to say anymore because it doesnt seem as though you are able to face this truth let alone be capable of accepting these facts so i will waist my time no more on this subject .

other than to say this

just because the majority think this----------or think that-----------or do this or that --------being a majority does not make them right and never will !

not so long ago the majority thought the world was flat !
that people are witches if they fly !
that saying god does not exist is punishable by death !

these traist are still what programms the masses today !

its called the tribe mentality !

tribes look after the tribe .

their is no such thing as an individual ina tribe .

if a tribe was about being individuals , the tribe would not exist .

thats the same with the masses today .

and besides , it sounds as though you are either at a school yard , or a gathering for the mentaly ignorant .

fkem all !

read it somewhere else , if you keep being bogged down by what others think


you'll never learn a thing !

the world didnt get where it is today by people worrying about -------what others think !
Right, lol.
Funny how people are completely over reacting to this, I wasn't trying to make a massive deal out of all this, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

1) yea i admit bringin the book in to full view, just as you would any book, Im not exactly waving it around in front of them, Im just reading it in front of them as I would any book, so? why not? Yea I know theyll probably take the piss, but im one of those that tries to find ways to advance the truth, so I do mind if people are gonna be put off by the cover.

2)I dont get your point? I blame the book of what? yea the cover is shit.lol.end of

3) K when I said that it looked like it was done on word 97 i just ment it looks very cheaply thrown together, thats not a problem. It just looks shit, theres no real intelecual debate to be had about that or anything beyond the fact that its just quite funny how blatent it is....just pointing it out, its not a major opinion attacking david and his work or anything.lol.people need to chill
Yes it does look like its designed for that purpose to mind wash the gullible, I'm saying that taking the position of the wider audience u know what I mean? yea the cover does use loads of shitty marketing techniques, thats a fact...what can i say, and yea everyone does it, but david speaks out against this in his speaches. Im not acting anyway apart from pointing out the obvious.
Yea the people around me do understand that its just a book. THATS THE PROBLEM right there, to me its not just a book, its one of the most important pieces of information in the world! The only book that I know of that goes in to such detail on how the world really goes round and that gives enormous amount of details on these truths. Yea theres loads of books out there that talk about the world as it is, but none on the reptilians, which is surely the most important fuck up. im not bringin in this ocus point, the cover does, they see it, as I said, Im putting myself in there position thats all, it isnt necessarily my view on it, im pointing it out.
I think people here have gotten my point the wrong way round, I am aware of what they are doing, im not duped, it doesnt bother me more than the that , I just felt like it was important to point out that this is one of the reasons other people might choose not to read it...
simple as, yes I do care, I want people to ge beyond that. This isnt about me being caged up behind my rational barriers, its about them... I completely understant the concept of walking with the masses and ridiculing the ones that choose their own path, dont get me wrong on that.

Last edited by kennystetson; 09-05-2009 at 01:40 AM.
kennystetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #53
lewi
Senior Member
 
lewi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Supraconsciousness
Posts: 7,053
Likes: 14 (6 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennystetson View Post
lol, Ive considered that option. My friends arent quite mad, just as lost and confused as we all are
Have your friends even sat down and read a book from start to finish

Over 515 pages and they couldn't even open it because of the cover

Surely they must take some intrest after you tell them what you know and have learned since reading the book and visting the forum
__________________
We Are One !!

Last edited by lewi; 29-07-2009 at 02:37 AM.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #54
passing
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 5,653
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

The first Icke book I read was Children Of The Matrix, which I borrowed because the cover was unbelievably awful! I started reading in the spirit of seeing how much I could take, like a thought experiment.
...I found it heavy-going, emotionally speaking, and I gave up a couple of times. But I kept going back and reading more, then a couple of his other books and now I have a lot of respect for him and try to remain open-minded about some seemingly impossible things being possible.

So I suppose I agree that the artwork is generally bad. I also think Icke is not a good writer, in terms of style and the awkward jokes he inserts. But these things are unimportant compared to his subject matter, in fact they reveal a humanity which is not apparent in ultra-slick corporate books!
passing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #55
pureheart
Senior Member
 
pureheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,167
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I get your point. I had the Global Conspiracy book in the car and gave somebody a lift the other day. They picked it up and looked at the green scaly cover and remarked that it says "how to end it".

Out of context it must have seemed like a suicide manual.

I could do without all the lizard stuff on the outside to be honest.
__________________
** Be the change you want to see in the world **
pureheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #56
haukipesukone
Senior Member
 
haukipesukone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ultima Thule
Posts: 6,556
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

I agree that most of David's book covers are quite ugly. What was that thing they say about books, covers and not judging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytch View Post
Don´t judge a book by it´s cover....
Dammit, you beat me to it. Basterd.
__________________
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #57
pound
Senior Member
 
pound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 6,466
Likes: 465 (254 Posts)
Default

Children of the Matrix=Favorite Icke cover....

While a basic image, its a creepy, thought provoking one! It certainly caught my eye and my interest when I first saw it! Just off of my first impression based on the art on the books cover, I knew I had to read it.
pound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #58
subl1minal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,732
Likes: 3 (1 Post)
Default

Insecurities ringing out in here or what.

''Oh it's so embaressing having my friends see the cover and thinking I'm crazy''

Fuck your friends. It's not hard to say ''Have you read it?'' and when they say ''No'' ''Pleaaaase'' or ''as if'' then say ''well then, shut the fuck up'' or in a more polite manor

Just goes to show how brainwashed people still are when they can't face the embaressment of their friends knowing what they believe.
subl1minal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #59
pound
Senior Member
 
pound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 6,466
Likes: 465 (254 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subl1minal View Post
Insecurities ringing out in here or what.

''Oh it's so embaressing having my friends see the cover and thinking I'm crazy''

Fuck your friends. It's not hard to say ''Have you read it?'' and when they say ''No'' ''Pleaaaase'' or ''as if'' then say ''well then, shut the fuck up'' or in a more polite manor

Just goes to show how brainwashed people still are when they can't face the embaressment of their friends knowing what they believe.
+1
pound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #60
kennystetson
Senior Member
 
kennystetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 104
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

hehe, I don't think people here are getting what I was trying to say ages ago when I started this thread and no matter how much I keep coming back to try and explain I'm still getting people telling me I'm programed to be embarrassed by the cover and that I must still be fast asleep etc.......... no!
The book cover of THe Biggest Secret was just simply shit, it has nothing to do with being asleep or heavily programmed. It's just a matter of artistic taste I guess, nothing more nothing less, so everyone just chill

It could have been any book in the world, one that has nothing to do with conspiracies, Shakespeare or anything, I simply think the cover for the biggest secret looks awful, apart from that, great book, I've read it twice.
But yes, there are people out there that will be put off by how mind numbing that shitty book cover looks, it's just a shame....

I'm repeating myself over and over but people still don't get my point so I'll just leave it at that, this thread died ages ago.

I don't understand how so many people go on about how programmed other people are in the way they think, how they just do what they are told to subconsciously... but these same people who have supposedly deprogrammed seem to reprogram themselves in a way, they start to follow some other program which says that pretty much anyone with an different opinion is being played by the system, is brainwashed and fast asleep. Do you get what I mean? I'm not trying to attack anyone here by the way.
It's ironic though... I think the key is to just keep an open mind before jumping to conclusions through the same group thinking that most of you condemn in the first place.
kennystetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.