Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David's Political Campaign - Archive

Old 19-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
lockieholland

Default Love and Acceptance at a day to day level

Hi everyone, With everything going on today and all the push and pull and whats right and whats wrong, I was just thinking today about the importance of showing love and attention to people in our day to day lives, from first hand experience sometimes it is better to give someone some loving intent than it is to try and give some info on how bad the world is and show them all the facts. I can think of a great example, I do some work at an old folks home ( something we should all watch considering how many of us are destined to go there soon) and I spent some time with an elderly gentleman there. I know whats going on in the world and things that are playing out around me, but what he needed was some love and attention and somebody to listen to him. were all part of the same team here, and often I have experienced people displaying there frustration at not being the "next david icke" etc not being the voice, but I would like to remind you all how important it is to care and love those around you, and just how powerful that act really is, maybe to you it was nothing, but to that person it meant the world. David was right, and it starts with you. I encourage everyone reading this to try and reach out and change our societies divisions, to reach out and help a fellow traveller on his journey is a NOBLE and amazing thing

BLESS YOU ALL.

LOCKIE
lockieholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.

Bless you lockie. I completely agree with you.
Even just having time to talk to someone who wants to talk is giving love.
I'm not one for telling my friends and family I love them particularly, but I try to show that I love them in how I talk to them and my actions.
Iv'e sat for hours before with an old man who lived over the park, talking with him and enjoying the time we talked. He smelled bad and his camp was a real mess, but that I really don't care about that and I definately learned something from that. Most other people would steer well clear of him but I had time for him.

I have also spent time talking with other tramps here and there on my journeys and always remember being fascinated by those people when I was a kid, although my mum and dad would warn me to stay away from them.
Imagine the difference a small amount of love and care shown to someone who is contemplating suicide can make.

I also years ago worked with old people with altzheimers and dementure and they were lovely people. I felt that most of the other staff there didn't really have time for them but I used to sit and talk to them if they were able. I particularly miss one old guy called Harry who I spent the most time with. He used to tell me he was getting confused and I would talk him out of the confusion and relax him. I treated him as a friend, not as a client/patient and I know how much he appreciated that.

Love can simply be having time for someone, and that can make a huge difference to the person.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom

Added: Oh and sorry, welcome to the forum friend Hope you enjoy your time here posting.

Last edited by silent revolution; 19-09-2013 at 08:32 AM.
silent revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
getagrip
Forum Advisor

Thumbs up

Nice post, lockieholland. Welcome to the forum.

*waves* @ silent revolution x
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
angelthecat

the government think it is lovely that you love your servitude, love your illustrious leaders, and love and accept what is done in your name,

Government of this Church to continue without any Alteration to the People of this Land in all succeeding Generations [this was the creation of the UK Government 1706 act of union]
angelthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
alba13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieholland View Post
but I would like to remind you all how important it is to care and love those around you, and just how powerful that act really is, maybe to you it was nothing, but to that person it meant the world.
You are right, it is very powerful to bring happiness to someone. Only those who have done that can understand it. The feeling you have after that is full joy and happiness, plenitude.
Beggars and people living in the streets have a profound knowledge of life and circumstances. There are two beggars at the supermarket I usually go shopping and I always ask them for advice. The last thing I asked them (as an example for you) it was that maybe I had to go to live in Australia to have a better life and was afraid being so far away. I would feel alone and could not come back if I didn´t like it or could not afford the ticket, and one said "what it matters is not how far it is but the flight hours" and another thing "it doesn´t matter if you don´t like the place, you have to think that you are earning money to come back and make your dreams come true at home" isn´t it brilliant?

Last edited by alba13; 11-10-2013 at 11:01 AM.
alba13 is offline   Reply With Quote