Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 23-08-2016, 02:41 AM   #41
tommorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Give the conscious mind and the unconscious mind different attributes and set them in a game of oppositions.
Explain please.
tommorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 04:09 AM   #42
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommorgan View Post
Explain please.
Well, I don’t mean that the conscious and unconscious mind are necessarily in opposition to each other, although it can often seems like that, more that the reality lived in is a reality of opposites. We only need to look at this forum to see opposing views expressed.

If one becomes conscious of the unconscious mind then it is no longer unconscious of course.

Ultimately we are all one mind, yet whilst persona holds a conscious belief or opinion that is seemingly in opposition to other people’s seeming beliefs and opinions then it will be in a state of opposition to those beliefs and opinions, when they are really only expressions of the unconscious mind.

I’m not advocating having no opinion though. It’s just the way the world is. I like having an opinion.

Of course, the conscious and unconscious mind is a lot more complex than merely having similar or differing opinions. Oh yeah, and it's all an illusion btw.

P.S it's past 5 in the morning here and I'm attempting to express the inexpressible. Lol. and flailing, and it's only my opinion anyways.

Last edited by white light; 23-08-2016 at 04:32 AM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 04:52 AM   #43
tommorgan

Quote:
Ultimately we are all one mind, yet whilst persona holds a conscious belief or opinion that is seemingly in opposition to other people’s seeming beliefs and opinions then it will be in a state of opposition to those beliefs and opinions, when they are really only expressions of the unconscious mind.
As I see it the opposition comes about from misunderstandings due to the inability to communicate effectively and the ego's need to be right or dichotomise. This is why I am finding language increasingly cumbersome and frustrating as a means to communicate ideas. I do not however understand what you mean by beliefs and opinions being expressions of the unconscious mind. Can you explain what you mean by this?
Old 23-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #44
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommorgan View Post
As I see it the opposition comes about from misunderstandings due to the inability to communicate effectively and the ego's need to be right or dichotomise. This is why I am finding language increasingly cumbersome and frustrating as a means to communicate ideas. I do not however understand what you mean by beliefs and opinions being expressions of the unconscious mind. Can you explain what you mean by this?
We all have an individual persona, made in part from beliefs and opinions. Whatever is not a part of our persona exists also within us, but in subconscious or unconscious. Both our persona and the other are manifest into the wider reality by whatever mechanism amplifies it. If the conscious realises the subconscious then they cancel each other out, for the illusion is the interaction or as you say the dichotomy of the two.
Old 24-08-2016, 09:41 AM   #45
jimijams

Quote:
What would you actually see? Just an abstract and meaningless shape.
What you would see is what is, not a mental interpretation of what is. Look around the room now without naming things, there is a knowingness there that is non-conceptual. That knowingness (awareness) sees reality (your room) complete, yet if I were to ask you to describe what it is you saw to me would that description in words be complete? No, it is ever only a partial description of what is, and so we live our lives an interpretation. Yes, words give meaning to abstraction, but is meaning conducive with reality? Concepts are useful as descriptors, problem is though we mistake the menu for the main dish or the map for the territory.
jimijams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #46
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijams View Post
What you would see is what is, not a mental interpretation of what is. Look around the room now without naming things, there is a knowingness there that is non-conceptual. That knowingness (awareness) sees reality (your room) complete, yet if I were to ask you to describe what it is you saw to me would that description in words be complete? No, it is ever only a partial description of what is, and so we live our lives an interpretation. Yes, words give meaning to abstraction, but is meaning conducive with reality? Concepts are useful as descriptors, problem is though we mistake the menu for the main dish or the map for the territory.
Well, yes. All descriptions can only be partial. But the knowledge of the whole is formed from what you know via the language you use and the understanding derived.

If you see a radio for instance, it has shape, form, non-conceptual realness. Yet that is not what it is. You wouldn’t have a preformed essential knowledge to understand that you can turn it on and listen to some music, which is it’s real essential function.

Even if you knew that much you still wouldn’t know how it worked or how it was constructed without learning about it’s constituate parts and how they fit together and you can only do that via describing them, in language. So what you would be seeing is merely a surface, not the whole. The map not the terrain again. Language is not merely mental interpretation.
Old 24-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #47
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlore View Post
you have 30000 posts and you dont know that??

what do you talk about on this forum
Never David Icke's take on Mindfulness.
Hence the question.
Do you know?
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 05:31 AM   #48
tommorgan

Mindfulness is not discussed in David Icke's work that I am familiar with. My perception is that his teaching is more along the lines of heart love, individuality and the message you are enlightened already so who gives a [redacted] about finding God! That works for him but I agree with the author of the thread that we need to make some effort to move into deeper states of consciousness.
Old 26-08-2016, 04:01 AM   #49
tommorgan

Lightbulb

David Icke writes about accessing consciousness by deprogramming the mind that is trapped inside the dream world. This is a similar goal to mindfulness, finding peace, but a different approach in a different context. Institutional religion is a pillar of the deception he is exposing. Does everybody know this already? If so, tell me, and we can stop wasting each other's time!

Last edited by tommorgan; 26-08-2016 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #50
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
This is how i think we move towards the higher states of consciousness

ego causes us more problems than we can accept, and we also don't see everything as clearly as we should, so some effort must be made to increase perception

http://www.vipassana.co.uk/meditatio...in_english.php
http://www.effective-mind-control.co...exercises.html

i couldn't find any of these books on the forum and i find them the best iv read on mindfulness/awareness

food weighs us down to earth, so reducing what you eat will help

http://www.truthseekerz.com/Robert_M...ebook_EBOK.pdf
http://breatharian.info/texts/Inedia...ingFasting.pdf

http://forum.breatharian.info/viewtopic.php?t=763
http://forum.breatharian.info/viewtopic.php?t=746

religious people fast and stop eating for a while, because doing so brings them closer to God, some also believe the body is like a temple, so it makes sense to keep this clean, by fasting and eating better
cleaner body = happier spirit

we also need to reduce our contact with negative forces so we are not dissuade from our potential

http://montalk.net/matrix/67/the-art...imensional-war
http://www.metaphysicalmusing.com/ar...les/unplug.htm
So Weightwatchers and Slimming World alumni are spiritually liberated are they?
They don't eat much at all.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #51
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
they eat loads
The ones who win slimmer of the year eat next to feck all.
Top Fashion Models get by on a fags and and a leaf of lettuce a day.
Are they hyper-spiritual?
How about anorexics. Some of those lasses starve themselves to death.
Spiritual are they?
Most would call them 'ill'.
IMO it's the intention that matters, not what one chooses to put, or not put; onto one's plate.
If fasting aids spirituality how come the Dalai Lama starts each day with a full English breakfast of bacon, eggs, fried slice, Harrods pork sausage and Heinz Baked Beans?
Old 03-09-2016, 12:13 PM   #52
pound

Quote:
beliefs are so powerful. its like placebo effect and psychosomatics.

how come one person can drink loads or take loads of drugs, and hardly get effected and another can't?
Reminds me of that University of New Zealand "Alcohol Placebo" study in 2003. Participants were told they were drinking vodka and lime when it was really just plain old water. Oddly enough, despite never actually drinking real alcohol, the participants displayed mental and physiological signs of intoxication. The power of belief at work.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3035442.stm

Last edited by pound; 03-09-2016 at 12:19 PM.
pound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #53
cosmicpurpose1.618

>>>>>nam-myoho-renge-kyo<<<<<
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #54
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound View Post
Reminds me of that University of New Zealand "Alcohol Placebo" study in 2003. Participants were told they were drinking vodka and lime when it was really just plain old water. Oddly enough, despite never actually drinking real alcohol, the participants displayed mental and physiological signs of intoxication. The power of belief at work.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3035442.stm
Good call.
Once saw a 'designated driver' get pissed off his face drinking Kaliber Alcohol Free beer.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #55
carlore

https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=50407
carlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:05 AM   #56
carlore

also i think most of the food they provide in some way blocks our connection to higher realms
Old 04-09-2016, 08:18 AM   #57
carlore

i don't know what you think about this

https://veilofreality.com/2011/04/18...ulless-humans/
http://montalk.net/matrix/157/spiritless-humans

but if you consider that if a large amount of the population doesn't have spirit, or at least not like we do

it could also explain why there is so much disinformation about food, and why most people don't care about pineal gland, flouride / pesticides in food and all that.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #58
carlore

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/pl...iansbook14.htm

maybe originally humans didn't need to eat, before this civilisation, and the only food here was fruit
Old 06-11-2016, 08:15 AM   #59
carlore

adam and eve chronicles might be worth researching
Old 27-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #60
creativespirit

Why is it the general assumption that seeking knowledge of reality/self is egoistic and that one should seek only "love" for the sake of love, even if being almost completely unaware as to what real love even is. I'm tired of that word, it honestly seems like somebody started applying it wrongly and attempting to explain something which it was never meant to imply in English language. Understanding, being and truth seem much closer. Anyway, back to my thought: we are supposed to run away from our ego, but not just from the misconceptions of the self, but also the rewards of this journey. "I'm doing this because I love doing it" seems like a general idea and its a great idea, but there's also many things I don't always like to do that turn out to be gratifying later on and that also seem necessary.

In this journey I don't see it possible to avoid ego and what I WANT to bring to this reality, its what keeps me going and so far it seemed to be the only path that made sense to me, I'd be completely lost without purpose of the ego-self. I use this word journey, its what it is, its been for years. I don't mean it in a way that there is some causal process of getting what I want after or anything like that, but I can't seek "love" with my eyes closed and wanting to know and learn of something I have no idea of. Sorry, but I don't know what this love is and I never felt it, everything in my world so far had a price and a condition, looking for a way out based on what I know seems like some escapism, even the 2nd hand feelings based on conclusions of other people seem like projections of the mind. Good luck to anyone that can manage to sort out this mess logically.

Another false assumption that people have is that you don't need a teacher or a guide that mastered this. You can't even learn Chinese without experienced teacher, let alone this. Everything we know so far didn't come from the higher source directly to us, its been communicated through various sources some of which are simply BAD, passed around incorrectly and so on, scriptures for one. This is perhaps the biggest delusion that I've come across, that somebody can read internet guides on enlightenment or 'let it happen'. This requires disciplined thinking and awareness of various things and somebody needs to be told and shown this before knowing it for themselves, it's completely out of reach for average person. These things have been passed around in secret and not so secret schools and societies for thousands of years since 'the fall of man' and they still are. What we're all doing right now is nothing and it seems useless. Good luck stumbling across something, but we're all scrapping bits and pieces of scaterred and precious skill.

I completely intend to seek knowledge differently from now on, this absurd mess that is trying to logically and willfully come to some tremendous conclusion about this reality can quite literally lead people to insanity of their mind which seems to be the healthiest in the logical surroundings for which purposes it exists. Besides, communities online that existed until about 2012-2013 aren't even devoted to truth seeking anymore, its hard to come across something valuable these days. I fondly remember this board as it used to be and various other places where people would gather in genuine curiosity and attract various experienced individuals and I think we even learned something or were pushed in the right direction if you can even call it that.

Last edited by creativespirit; 27-11-2016 at 10:03 PM.
creativespirit is offline   Reply With Quote