Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies / Satanic Cults / Occult Secrets

Old 30-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #41
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by exu156 View Post

Depends on your definition. I use the more updated definition which uses the word in connection with fanaticism
Any faith in an unseen hand that requires obediance and delivers an infinite source of priority of the faithful above others as a core maxim to that faith may be construed as fanaticism, and certainly fancical.

To what doctrine do you give your faith to exu?
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #42
exu156
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
Any faith in an unseen hand that requires obediance and delivers an infinite source of priority of the faithful above others as a core maxim to that faith may be construed as fanaticism, and certainly fancical.

To what doctrine do you give your faith to exu?
I subscribe to a Thelemic idea of spirituality. This form of spirituality does not demand that my beliefs have priority over any other persons beliefs because each are unique and a direct manifestation of the Will. It does however require me to carefully scrutinize all beliefs and carefully assess each for their affects. The reason for this is that there is a higher Will and then there is the ego and the two are so easily confused (I plead guilty on this charge). Fanaticism is a condition where the ego has not only supplanted the higher Will but is now in full control. The result is always dangerous and it's crimes are always manipulated and excused around righteousness and 'faith'.

I condemn no other man's spiritual path so long as the individual practicing it realizes that his path is his own and he has no business condemning the paths of others. In true religion there is no sect and each path is but a petal in this flowering and beautiful mystery we call life. If the path be genuine then it will lead to the mystery, if it is not genuine then it will lead to hate, fanaticism, obsession, scorn and filth.
exu156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #43
jtdavy
Inactive

< not religious

I know this is not on-topic, but I have to ask...
Why would someone exercise a demon? Wouldn't it just get in shape?

Since I'm not adding much insight to to thread I'll ask you this, because I'm curious. What does it take for a person to become a priest, minister, father, preacher, or w.e? And how does someone know they have what it takes to be a spiritual leader? Maybe my question should be more like: Why would someone become a priest?

Now, I'm not saying all who adhere to the bible are ignorant, just some, but it's still not fair to say that people ask for this. Naive people arrive in flocks and surrender their attention to anyone they assume is trustworthy. All the while their innocent children frolic in the parking lot... unattended? So what now? How does one recognize true righteousness during this mascaraed? Why credit a person solely on their profession, especially when it's possibly an outfit, meant only to cover the true, ugly, wickedness underneath, literally.

Dear Lord, please forgive me for spreading my subjective opinions and for passing judgement in such a manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exu156
I condemn no other man's spiritual path so long as the individual practicing it realizes that his path is his own and he has no business condemning the paths of others. In true religion there is no sect and each path is but a petal in this flowering and beautiful mystery we call life. If the path be genuine then it will lead to the mystery, if it is not genuine then it will lead to hate, fanaticism, obsession, scorn and filth.
That's actually quite poetic. Noninterference is a genuinely acceptable approach to life and allows people, plants, and animals to flourish, unlike a violated child.

Last edited by jtdavy; 11-05-2012 at 04:31 AM.
jtdavy is offline   Reply With Quote