Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 05-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #41
john67

i tend to try to 'awaken' people when i've had a few beers, which is probably not the best time. My close friends haven't got a clue and are more interested in the football scores or what a 'slut' amy winehouse is. One of them, Tommy, listens then blames everything on Labour or the jews, the other just doesn't care.

My wife and her friends have thought i was a nutter for the last 18/24 months because i have been telling them that the banks are going to fail and that they will go to the cashpoint one day and thier card won't work anymore. These people have started asking serious questions and want to borrow DVD's.

But, in this same time my anger(? maybe wrong word), has subsided as i spend more time thinking about reality and consciousness, and if everything is as i believe, internal, holographic, virtual or whatever what does the humdrum matter?

It's a funny old world.

As a good DVD to get people thinking about that sort of thing i would highly recommend any of the Ian Lungold lectures, i'm not saying he is right but i am saying that it will get you thinking about what consciousness is.

Last edited by john67; 05-11-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: which is probably NOT the best time (lol)
john67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #42
mountainwarrior

pearls before swine.....

i don't waste my energy 'waking people up' anymore. sure if someone wants to listen i will share with them what i know, but i won't go out of my way, and i sure as hell won't waste my precious energy trying to convince some hopelessly enslaved fool of the truth.

i used to try to wake up the family, the dog, the drunks in the pubs, the whole damn neighborhood, and the people of the planet via the world wide spider web.

those days are over. im all about me nowadays.
mountainwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #43
mountainwarrior

"One of them, Tommy, listens then blames everything on Labour or the jews, the other just doesn't care"

ive met a few of them. except over here in canada, people blame it on the americans or the jews.
mountainwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #44
mila

For me, the difficult thing with this is that a wake-up call for most people around me, would be as if throwing icecold water at someone who is in a state of deep-sleep.
Is that what works? Maybe reading a book of David for the first time (which was The biggest secret for me) was -my ice-water- and I was in a state of shock for days, but now, after many books and seeing the world in a different way, there is not much that would surprise me anymore.

About throwing pearls: I feel that is true to a certain point. Like I read on another thread here, maybe not everyone is supposed to wake up, we are at different levels here....but, I will still try to 'wake up' people who I care about, in a gentle way, even though they think I'm crazy. I don't feel superior to those who 'know less'. In the end, I stil have to figure out what power I really have as an individual to change things, that is what my mother always asks me: what can YOU really do then? I notice that I have no good answer to that. I only know that waking up is the first step.
mila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #45
cafetimes1991

I've all but given up now. Though I still send my father the David Icke newsletter every week. Illegal? Woops.

cafetimes1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #46
metacomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwarrior View Post
pearls before swine.....

i don't waste my energy 'waking people up' anymore.
I like this guy. Cool name too. And I agree, never cast knowledge upon unwilling recipients. Icke has been blessed by the nature of his fanbase growing so that people come to him and not the other way around. When he went on the Wogan show he was seeking to 'reach out' and he got rejected... once people realized he was right they came to him willingly.

This happens. And it sounds like most people in this thread have learned that lesson. Nicely done thread.

I don't agree with sharing too much conspiracy theory with people because it is more or less like talking about situations in Darfur or Africa. Bummer material, because it is true and horrific.
metacomet is offline   Reply With Quote