Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
joeblow

Arrow Time to immediately form a post-Internet Group

Time for us to immediately form a post-Internet Study Group (Fidonet, Packet Radio, SneakerNet).

It looks like that within the year, the current Internet will be destroy (in whatever manner, that does not matter). We need to gather people who have REAL Information Technology skills like Assembly, C, C++, PIC, Electrical Schematics/Soldering, Packet Forwarding/Storage, and etc (I think you get the idea about the level of expertise desired).

When Internet1 is turned off and everyone is forced onto Internet2, in the beginning, there of course be plenty of opportunities to circumvent the extreme moderation and filtering (Software bugs in the software they use, Steganography, Encrypted Files), but eventually, we will have to create our own networkS (<-- notice the captial S, emphasis).

I foresee that each home will be connected with regular Ethernet to a central neighborhood hub that connects by way of WIFI to a ward station DSL or even ISDN (still copper wires) connected to a central city server that in the beginning will only have sporadic connections to other cities by way of Ham Packet Radio. Forget about networks larger than the State or Provence level.

After enough people decide to join the group, we will start off having informal discussions leading to concrete plans with the goal of designing an information package to be burnable onto a DVD for distribution.

*** http://www.umu.nu
*** http://twitter.com/umunu
*** http://www.youtube.com/user/JoBloSho
joeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
Time for us to immediately form a post-Internet Study Group (Fidonet, Packet Radio, SneakerNet).

It looks like that within the year, the current Internet will be destroy (in whatever manner, that does not matter). We need to gather people who have REAL Information Technology skills like Assembly, C, C++, PIC, Electrical Schematics/Soldering, Packet Forwarding/Storage, and etc (I think you get the idea about the level of expertise desired).

When Internet1 is turned off and everyone is forced onto Internet2, in the beginning, there of course be plenty of opportunities to circumvent the extreme moderation and filtering (Software bugs in the software they use, Steganography, Encrypted Files), but eventually, we will have to create our own networkS (<-- notice the captial S, emphasis).

I foresee that each home will be connected with regular Ethernet to a central neighborhood hub that connects by way of WIFI to a ward station DSL or even ISDN (still copper wires) connected to a central city server that in the beginning will only have sporadic connections to other cities by way of Ham Packet Radio. Forget about networks larger than the State or Provence level.

After enough people decide to join the group, we will start off having informal discussions leading to concrete plans with the goal of designing an information package to be burnable onto a DVD for distribution.

we did mention this before about learning how to home make ham radios and how important one would be if one had the ability .

thanks for the reminder .

you made some good points too .

brilliant thread .

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
jakemaverick
Banned

i got mind frelled, so forgot my ltd IT skills....but count me in, anything i can do!
jakemaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
jonas parker

Good post, Joe!

I just earned my Amateur Radio Tech license, call-sign KF5ETJ, and am set to take the General exam next Wednesday. I don't know the HAM rules in the UK but I got an on-line study course to learn the information and would highly recommend it.

http://www.hamtestonline.com/study.jsp

Last edited by jonas parker; 12-02-2010 at 08:32 PM.
jonas parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
rydeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas parker View Post
Good post, Joe!

I just earned my Amateur Radio Tech license, call-sign KF5ETJ, and am set to take the General exam next Wednesday. I don't know the HAM rules in the UK but I got an on-line study course to learn the information and would highly recommend it.

http://www.hamtestonline.com/study.jsp
If you can, start catcheing files from the internet on a 1 TB++ external HDD. All the useful stuff from wikipedia.
If you have any websites you've built make sure you back-them up to disk.
rydeon is offline   Reply With Quote