Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 21-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Smile Tracker

Why did you close that thread ?? Nobody was trolling it, you were getting some different input, especially about the feasibility of snares Of course snares are good and you must use them but the strike rate is low so you must put a lot out. This means a larger area to patrol and be a safe zone.

As for the legality of it you need the landowners permission to set traps. But Im sure that's not always adhered to

As for weapons, well thats your prerogative, but in a real situation you are going to need a weapon of some description, even if its just a knife. You know what they say practice makes perfect, train hard fight easy

So get the fuck back here
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrangermercenary View Post
Why did you close that thread ?? Nobody was trolling it, you were getting some different input, especially about the feasibility of snares Of course snares are good and you must use them but the strike rate is low so you must put a lot out. This means a larger area to patrol and be a safe zone.

As for the legality of it you need the landowners permission to set traps. But Im sure that's not always adhered to

As for weapons, well thats your prerogative, but in a real situation you are going to need a weapon of some description, even if its just a knife. You know what they say practice makes perfect, train hard fight easy

So get the fuck back here
it is because of the eventual outcome of a mistake that I made .
my bad

it was supposed to be a news letter hence it should have been closed from the begining .

any reviews could have been done on another thread .

it was my mistake , not to close it , but to not have closed it as soon as it was created .

just for the record , i was seriousely thinking about asking admin to deliet all my threads . every single one of them .

I have noticed that I am Ok giving information out , but totally crap at conversing with others . Many of my survival threads have gone slightly sideways due to my inability to comunicate properly and many have been recked because of it .

what I would do is create a thread , then lock it .

but my threads all have the battle scars of my lack of social abilities that many seem to be natural in , thus many of my threads are now looking pritty bad to people who might want to get into the survivalism topics .

I am contemplating reverting back to a stand that i took not so long ago which allowed me to chat to folks but with out the hassle i create .

anyway nuf said there .

if you read the thread carefuly to see why i closed it down .

but it doesnt matter now , i re-opened it .

Last edited by tracker; 22-02-2010 at 03:33 PM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
starstuff

Don't you dare go silent, Tracker! You're one of the few reasons I'm still bothering with the Icke forums atm - you've got good info to give. OK so your writing style's a bit abrasive at times but your heart's in the right place so people can either learn to accept you as you are or sod off, no need for you to go changing to suit society's view of false politeness.

As for the thread in question, it was an interesting read, and I for one hadn't considered the whole traps/guns/knives issue so it might be worthwhile reopening it (or starting another one) so that that area can be explored some more.
starstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstuff View Post
Don't you dare go silent, Tracker! You're one of the few reasons I'm still bothering with the Icke forums atm - you've got good info to give. OK so your writing style's a bit abrasive at times but your heart's in the right place so people can either learn to accept you as you are or sod off, no need for you to go changing to suit society's view of false politeness.

As for the thread in question, it was an interesting read, and I for one hadn't considered the whole traps/guns/knives issue so it might be worthwhile reopening it (or starting another one) so that that area can be explored some more.
I do have an inability to comunicate with others in the ( how do i put it ? ) normal social way lol.

Im sure that trips with air rifles and guns can be sorted out some time eventually . it just needs careful planning , co-operation with preppers and land owners etc etc etc first .
so no worries , these trips are also possible .

however ; regarding the no weapons rule , I just want folks to think about this for a moment .
When people meet up for the first time , we must remember that we are indeed meeting people that we speek to on the internet .
this poses a problem for which i need not explain im sure you understand .

this is why , no weapons rule is made on the trips .
mainly because , we are all in a way meeting for the first time .
we need to get to know each other .
understand the clicks we have
the problems that we might have ( if any )
our abilities and lack of
including ( LOL ) comunications ( PMSL ) .

reading some of my past threads you only have to go through a couple of pages to see how some simple minded public come onto the threads and trash them .

they steriotype survivalism .
they think its about training to be a rambo and sterio type us with setting up anti NWO groups with guns .

thats why I have gone out of my way on my threads never to mention them .

other than that , in a real life situation , how long would amo last ?

this is why trips are made with out them , because its fun , safer and makes a more aproachable atmosphere for others who might wish to learn but are afraid to join because of any sterio type views they have .

all in all , survivalism is mastered when one only has a small knife , or even nothing at all .

can you imagine having no tools ?
what about starting from scratch ?
like ?
starting odd with flint .
making a sharp tool with flint like an axe .
then making a bed , a shelter , making things with just ------the etha ?

thats the real art of it IMO even though we did bring small knives on the trips .
after all , we dont want to first few meet ups being hard . the idea of the first few meet ups as mentioned is just to meet up , have a bit of fun , and maybe from there ( in private ) at the trip , conversing about other trips etc etc etc etc can be done with ease , understanding and in a better atmosphere .

wow dont i rabbit on .

well thank you for your comment , i shall take it as a compliment . thankyou .
Old 22-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
bush doctor

Default Think again bud

I think your gonna get a lot of hits on this thread dude, all wanting you to stay true to your calling, there is not many if any like your concise unbiased threads on purist survival, so many different angles covered from camp-craft to gardening for the survivalist or off gridder ,be it info or shared idea's your work is appreciated.

For the peeps after using weapon's or knowing how to trap animals for game, maybe there could be a thread just for that, all weapons need training to use proficiently one shot one kill so to speak, nothing worse than an injured animal gone to ground to die slowly never to be recovered, waste of ammo and a waste of a life, any one with an air rifle could join a club to zero there sights, you tube vids will show how to set and make traps.

Weapons and traps are an extra in a survival context and will only last as long as the ammo unless of course you have a mould and lead Trackers approach of training without these aids is SPOT ON.

Dont under estimate your skills as a blogger Tracker possibly 80% of forum useres are not public school educated and have only a modest education like me peeps like you give inspiration and idea's to better the chance of survival in a disaster situation and for me its been refreshing to absorb all of your input There exists a future where many will fail and die ignorant of the way of the woods.

YOUR FORUM NEEDS YOU !

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7...lesamcopy2.jpg

Last edited by bush doctor; 22-02-2010 at 06:06 PM.
bush doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
tracker

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

very nicely put and deeply apreciated .

I have re-opend that thread because i was wrong about something i said on the bottom post so i re-edited it .

I am glad how you see weapon training and carrying such equipment because they are dangerous !

most people dont even know how to hold safely a weapon . they might be good shots , they might know everything about the weapon .
being trained in armed combat my self many years back i must admit i am very cearful when standing next to a person with a gun .

most dont even know the TRUE basics of weapon training ;

IE
NEVER ! NEVER ! UNDER ANY CERCUMSTANCES , WETHER WEAPON IS LOADED OR NOT ----------------NEVER ALLOW THE BARREL TO BE POINTED AT SOMEONE .
THIS INCLUDES DURING CLEANING !

I have seen this rule broken so many times its astonishing !
even when the barrel has been cleaned , when the weapon is empty , i have seen people casually talking about them whilst moving them around in the air , but unknown to them they have pointed it straight at poeple during that time .

I do not trust other people with weapons especially guns !
mainly because of their slack mind set .
it doesnt matter of you are only cleaning and empty rifle /gun , or have taken it apart and its empty .
rule ONE ! never allow the barrel of that gun to pass by or to be pointed at any person is the main and most important rule of weapon training .

I remember training my son to fire a cross bow .
he had pulled back the thrusting string and secured it .
I then took his attention perposely to watch his inner mind set , and this was straight after telling him rule 1 .
upon me asking him a question , he naturally turned towards me with the empty cross bow .
i then quickly got out of view from it and pushed his hand gently away .
he frowned .
i told him "remember rule one?"
he then replied ( even though i explained why ) that it was empty and not a danger .
i then expalianed again .
if one can accidently point a cross bow or a gun whilst it is empty , then it shows that their mind is not ready to use it because if it is easy to point a weapon even if it is not loaded towards a person , then whast to say that they wont make the mistake when its loaded ?

he then thought about it , and then we carried on .

NOW ----when he uses it , he either points it to the ground at alltimes including when loading it , carrying it , cleaning it , or he points it straight up in the air .

he is now ready to use that cross bow safely because i know that his mind is dissaplined enough to undertand weapons .

thanks for your compliments by the way .

just for the record

that thread has been re-opened .

thanks to the mods it has given me a chance to think and re-edit my last post on it .

after all , i do wish to make the survival topics look atractive to newbes .

Old 22-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
jonas parker

Track, a service veteran (here in the US an ex-Marine drill sargeant) would be an excellent firearms instructor. If a person knows an Army, Marine, or SAS veteran, perhaps he or she would provide such instruction for a day at their home using the student's firearm in return for dinner and a few pints.

I have a good friend who's a retired Marine Sgt. Maj. who I got to teach my wife to shoot. Cost was dinner for him and his wife at our house - cheap at twice the price!

Last edited by jonas parker; 22-02-2010 at 04:06 PM.
jonas parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas parker View Post
Track, a service veteran (here in the US an ex-Marine drill sargeant) would be an excellent firearms instructor. If a person knows an Army, Marine, or SAS veteran, perhaps he or she would provide such instruction for a day at their home using the student's firearm in return for dinner and a few pints.

I have a good friend who's a retired Marine Sgt. Maj. who I got to teach my wife to shoot. Cost was dinner for him and his wife at our house - cheap at twice the price!
yep , good weapon training is a "MUST" .

Old 22-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #9
bones
Banned

stay rambo pls...
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #10
them

Tracker, I'm glad that you revived the Newsletter thread & did not delete all your posts as I enjoy reading your commentaries. Your style reminds me of a poster at the original Icke forum called Foot.

Threads can be like having a conversation with a group of people in a pub, Tracker, with everybody trying to get their points across.. or breaking into sub groups to shoot the shit about something before rejoining the main set. Threads evolve, sometimes to the point of Moderation.. (not that I'm discussing Moderation ) & I personally don't believe anybody has ownership over a thread just because they started it.

It's the internet man

As for firearms, extreme discipline needs to be employed when in possession of a weapon. Just turning up armed & unannounced on somebody else's land will get you very familiar with the inside of the local nick.

Last edited by them; 22-02-2010 at 07:07 PM.
them is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
stay rambo pls...
sssshhhhhhhhh charlie is closing in
Old 22-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
petercookie

Quote:
Tracker, I'm glad that you revived the Newsletter thread & did not delete all your posts as I enjoy reading your commentaries.
+1
petercookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #13
jonas parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by them View Post
As for firearms, extreme discipline needs to be employed when in possession of a weapon. Just turning up armed & unannounced on somebody else's land will get you very familiar with the inside of the local nick.
You all are too polite! Showing up armed and unannounced on someone else's property here in Texas (especially from sunset to sunrise) will get your sorry ass shot! Only the lucky make it to the local jail!

Last edited by jonas parker; 23-02-2010 at 04:29 PM.
jonas parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #14
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas parker View Post
You all are too polite! Showing up armed and unannounced on someone else's property here in Texas (especially from sunset to sunrise) will get your sorry ass shot! Only the lucky make it to the local jail!

this is what I am talking about .
people setting up the odd small trap really isnt seen as a threat .
only if they are forgotten about are they dangerouse because of other peoples pets during walks .

mind you , a snare is just a peace of wire and isnt harmful in it self . it could be used as a tieback , or a holdfast rope , but ,

roam the country side with a gun ?
on some ones land with out permition ?
with out notifying the authorities or land owner ?

just for the record all you UK gun holders
did you know ?
that last year , a young man walked onto a farmers field and shot a rabbit .
apart from being prosecuted for poaching
the court system sort out a "armed robbery" complaint ??????????

did you know this ?

is this sinking in ?

yes ! on some ones property , armed with an air rifle , it is now an increasing thing for land owners to seek prosecution under armed robbery !

does this sink in folks ?
is there anything that you do not understand ?

this is only one reason why guns are not allowed on trips !
also

since survival trips are usually created by people on the internet
that you have never met ?
do you really think its wize to turn up armed , with out even knowing who the hell is turning up ?

this is why , when we create survival trips , that a no weapons policy is upmost important .

OK , in time , weapon training with the land owners permition might well be done some time , some land owners dont mind if you converse in a proper way
but
start waving around your rights
and they will wave theirs , along with the flag of the authorities next to it .

you need permition from the land onwer to be on their land with a gun !
you dont need permition to pitch up for the night with a bit of wire .
Old 23-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush doctor View Post
i'd concur with that sentiment
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #16
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
i'd concur with that sentiment
aw thankyou merlincove.

its just me , sometimes i get down in the dumps at times .
some one says something
i take a wrong angle and leave way for arguement
folks get upset
and then i get cross .

however , not so long ago i learned how to rescue a potentialy loosing point and turned it around quite nicely .

sometimes i just need to learn to think before i speek .

but thanks again .

Old 24-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #17
wazaaap

Tracker is a god!

He would be a brilliant asset to a Full time survival school and would have my full recommendation!

As for your writing style mate - don't worry about it! the people who know the real tracker appreciate you!

the world of survivalists is growing and with it you are always going to get bad apples, i think in this industry there is always going to be a problem with the knowledge holders passing that knowledge to new ppl, because before it was done with mouth not keyboards!

I was thinking about putting a website together to help people who want to share there information with people on a professional scale, but didn't know if there was a market for it.

If you are interested mate then i can make it happen!

take care mate.

George Orwells 1984
wazaaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #18
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
Tracker is a god!

He would be a brilliant asset to a Full time survival school and would have my full recommendation!

As for your writing style mate - don't worry about it! the people who know the real tracker appreciate you!

the world of survivalists is growing and with it you are always going to get bad apples, i think in this industry there is always going to be a problem with the knowledge holders passing that knowledge to new ppl, because before it was done with mouth not keyboards!

I was thinking about putting a website together to help people who want to share there information with people on a professional scale, but didn't know if there was a market for it.

If you are interested mate then i can make it happen!

take care mate.
yep Im on with it , full go ahead from me and you'll get my full support too .

the real issue is this realy .

true profesionals know that there isnt much debate as far as survivalism goes .

some folks use this , some folks use that is my reconing .

I think my problem doesnt lay in the survival section realy , its the trolls here on forum .

they invade the survival sections and scorn , chant , form groupies of who is with who and bla bla bla .
thats not a profesionals conduct .

Whilst I admit I am no profesional , I do my best to become one and it always starts at the begining . dissaplin !

lol , no not running around in boots and standing to atention lol , just a dissaplined aproach is good enough .

thank you for your kind words .

( Tracker is a God ? ) lol , OK then , you've all got the rest of your life off and your all gonna get payed for it too .
drinks on me

On a different note you are so right , the world of survivalism is indeed growing very fast .

Tv keeps mentioning people should grow their own food / learn how to make soups and dinner from pork - trotters ( poor mans meat ) , and it looks as though even if we think the food shortage is a false flag , it is none the less slowly coming into view .

we will see a big rise on self suficiency very soon on tv , the inevitable slow but sure warning of the times ahead .

we must understand that the time is NOW ! prepare , learn , gather knowledge that our grandfathers had .

its all there , right there , if we choose to see what is happening all around us .

if you dont learn now , all the more harder it will become .