Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > RiP / MSM Obituaries

Old 04-06-2016, 08:04 PM   #41
ramirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhar26 View Post
The illuminati did it!

Question everything my son, question everything.

Remember, the Rothchilds started Sci Fi and ET over a hundred years ago, even funding authors, so beware the fake ET talk, the real stuff is ok though
ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:09 PM   #42
mister

There's a movie about muhammad Ali starring will smith called Ali
That I have never watched, the reason being is Ali was such a legend
And so famous that no one could realistically play him.

There is another movie about Muhammad Ali made in the 70s called the greatest
And muhammad Ali played himself, worth a watch if anyone has not seen it.

Last edited by mister; 04-06-2016 at 09:10 PM.
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #43
strummer101
Banned

"Man, I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong. No Viet Cong ever called me nigger."

Guessing he had never met a Viet Cong, that could have changed!

He is pretty! George Foreman is ugly!

Could have been President..........
strummer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:54 PM   #44
i_am

"It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen" -Muhammad Ali
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #45
strummer101
Banned

Default It was the '70s!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTeudEWOL4w

....but then again.
strummer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #46
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummer101 View Post
"Man, I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong. No Viet Cong ever called me nigger."

Guessing he had never met a Viet Cong, that could have changed!
I actually agree with Ali's stance, but the reality we have now all got to deal with is that the commies have taken over the world.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:45 AM   #47
jhar26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikwan View Post
i reckon theres something in it too
when a big name critisizes the authorities and is making an impact....hes got
to be punished. when the average joe smith stands on his soapbox and says
exactly the same things nobody cares---he has no effect
ali was in superb condition and suddenly he gets "parkinsons"
it makes perfect sense too me. when i first heard about it when it happened
i knew ir was false. call it intuition if you like
its a warning to other big name personalities-----this is what you get when
you fuck with us
Ali didn't get parkinsons "all of a sudden." He already was slurring his speech and mumbling in the late 70's when he was still fighting. He was failing medical tests and thus should no longer gotten a boxing lisence, but there was lots of money to be made from Ali, and besides - once he was in the ring "he always found a way to win." But he could barely run anymore. Instead of going out for a run while in training camp he had to settle for long walks. During medical tests he couldn't touch the tip of his nose with his finger. In his last few fights his timing was completely off - both in terms of slipping punches and throwing punches himself.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:25 AM   #48
jikwan
Inactive

Quote:
Ali didn't get parkinsons "all of a sudden." He already was slurring his speech and mumbling in the late 70's when he was still fighting. He was failing medical tests and thus should no longer gotten a boxing lisence, but there was lots of money to be made from Ali, and besides - once he was in the ring "he always found a way to win." But he could barely run anymore. Instead of going out for a run while in training camp he had to settle for long walks. During medical tests he couldn't touch the tip of his nose with his finger. In his last few fights his timing was completely off - both in terms of slipping punches and throwing punches himself.
i reckon i aught to research things a little better
thanks for the correction
jikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #49
anonamongstmany

Loved that man. On his 70th, one of the sports channels were showing his fights back to back. Must have watched about 8 hours in one sitting. His stance against the US government was amazing. How he wasn't bumped off, I don't know. Incredible man - brave to take up the government over 'Nam and civil rights and brave in his against Parkinson's. A class act. I'll be watching his funeral on Friday with my family to pay respects to this legend.
anonamongstmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:55 PM   #50
batthing

He told us he was the greatest and proved it.
"It's not bragging if you can back it up."
batthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #51
knightofalbion

Quote:
Yes, sadly very true. It's hard to know where the buck actually stops. How much was Ali's stubborn pride refusing to accept that he was no longer the fighter he was? How much was management for whom Ali was big box office and a mega money machine? A bit of both probably.

The fight with Foreman can't have done him any good, the shambolic Inoki stunt certainly didn't, but it was probably the fight with Larry Holmes that did him most harm.
Larry Holmes lacked personality and charisma, so never received the recognition he deserved. But certainly he was one of the all-time great heavyweight champions.
Pitting an ageing fighter, years past his best, against a great champion at the height of his power ...
I wouldn't blame Larry Holmes in any way. Clearly there were those in Ali's camp who didn't serve his best interests.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
knightofalbion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #52
jhar26

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
Yes, sadly very true. It's hard to know where the buck actually stops. How much was Ali's stubborn pride refusing to accept that he was no longer the fighter he was? How much was management for whom Ali was big box office and a mega money machine? A bit of both probably.

The fight with Foreman can't have done him any good, the shambolic Inoki stunt certainly didn't, but it was probably the fight with Larry Holmes that did him most harm.
Larry Holmes lacked personality and charisma, so never received the recognition he deserved. But certainly he was one of the all-time great heavyweight champions.
Pitting an ageing fighter, years past his best, against a great champion at the height of his power ...
I wouldn't blame Larry Holmes in any way. Clearly there were those in Ali's camp who didn't serve his best interests.
Larry Holmes held back a little in his fight with Ali imo. He made sure that he won the fight, but didn't go flat out. He had some mercy because he knew that Ali wasn't Ali anymore. He was put in an impossible position. When he did beat Ali he had only beaten an old sick guy. But nobody would have accepted him as the champ if he had refused to fight Ali. If on that day Ali's opponent had been the young George Foreman or Mike Tyson I don't think that Ali would have survived it.

The fight with Foreman took a lot out of him. The young Foreman was probably the hardest puncher in boxing history and Ali took massive shots to the body. He was urinating blood for weeks after that fight. But his next fight, his third against Joe Frazier was the final nail in the coffin. A 14 round slugfest in inhuman temperatures in Manilla where both came (in their own words) close to death. That should have been Ali's last fight. Even leaving aside the health issue, legacy wise it would have been the ideal fight to go out on. Unfortunately, he continued for another five years or so. He still managed to win, but often only barely and you could see him declining before your eyes. By the time he was fighting Holmes he was little more than an old guy giving a pale imitation of the man that once upon a time had been Muhammad Ali.

Why did he continue? Well, he was surrounded by parasites that depended for their (fat) paycheques on him. But there's no doubt that Ali himself enjoyed being the centre of attention. He had his heart in the right place, he could be generous, etc. But he also had a big ego. And he had lots of self-confidence. So much so that even when he should have known that he no longer had it, he still believed that he would somehow find a way to win, because he always had.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #53
ramirez

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
I actually agree with Ali's stance, but the reality we have now all got to deal with is that the commies have taken over the world.
Commies, Facists, Demonocracy not much difference really.

Ok Demonocracy is marginally better, but only via the illusion of choice, but as soon as the 'debt' gets too high every 100 years, TPTSNB just revert to Facism or Communism.

I guess they are at least predictable mind you !

But it is blatantly obvious that Politics is a waste of time, energy and effort.

All we need is vibrant local communities, with a system that just makes things run smoothly.

Remember, the Rothchilds started Sci Fi and ET over a hundred years ago, even funding authors, so beware the fake ET talk, the real stuff is ok though

Last edited by Ramirez; 05-06-2016 at 08:05 PM.
ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:53 PM   #54
knightofalbion

Quote:
Larry Holmes held back a little in his fight with Ali imo. He made sure that he won the fight, but didn't go flat out. He had some mercy because he knew that Ali wasn't Ali anymore. He was put in an impossible position. When he did beat Ali he had only beaten an old sick guy. But nobody would have accepted him as the champ if he had refused to fight Ali. If on that day Ali's opponent had been the young George Foreman or Mike Tyson I don't think that Ali would have survived it.

The fight with Foreman took a lot out of him. The young Foreman was probably the hardest puncher in boxing history and Ali took massive shots to the body. He was urinating blood for weeks after that fight. But his next fight, his third against Joe Frazier was the final nail in the coffin. A 14 round slugfest in inhuman temperatures in Manilla where both came (in their own words) close to death. That should have been Ali's last fight. Even leaving aside the health issue, legacy wise it would have been the ideal fight to go out on. Unfortunately, he continued for another five years or so. He still managed to win, but often only barely and you could see him declining before your eyes. By the time he was fighting Holmes he was little more than an old guy giving a pale imitation of the man that once upon a time had been Muhammad Ali.

Why did he continue? Well, he was surrounded by parasites that depended for their (fat) paycheques on him. But there's no doubt that Ali himself enjoyed being the centre of attention. He had his heart in the right place, he could be generous, etc. But he also had a big ego. And he had lots of self-confidence. So much so that even when he should have known that he no longer had it, he still believed that he would somehow find a way to win, because he always had.
Yes, I agree with you. To his eternal credit, Larry Holmes definitely held back, doing just enough to win. He could have pulverised Ali had he chosen.
And yes, Ali kept boxing long after he should have made a dignified retirement.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:23 PM   #55
i_am

It is also an interesting fact that he was against mixing races. Interesting to hear from a black perspective.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #56
i_am

This is very funny but a question many ask

Old 06-06-2016, 05:27 AM   #57
Ooberman

GEORGE CARLIN TALKS ABOUT MUHAMMAD ALI (2:17)

'The young and funny George Carlin as funny as ever talking about Muhammad Ali. RIP'
Atrocity propaganda is a term referring to the spreading of deliberate fabrications or exaggerations about the crimes committed by an enemy, constituting a form of psychological warfare - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocity_propaganda
Ooberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:46 AM   #58
mister

A lot of people quoting Ali so Here's a another interesting thing he said,
I don't smoke but I keep a matchbox in my pocket. when my heart slips towards a sin, I burn a matchstick and heat my palm. Then I say to myself, Ali you can't even bear this heat, How would you bear the unbearable heat of hell.

Last edited by mister; 06-06-2016 at 08:58 AM.
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 AM   #59
knightofalbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
This is very funny but a question many ask

Quite brilliant. Putting a black person's perspective on a white-run world in a humorous yet deeply insightful and thought-provoking way.
Will have done far more for positive race relations and understanding than any podium-thumping rant.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #60
knightofalbion

My favourite Ali quote:

'A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life'

Brilliant. We are here to learn and grow in wisdom, love and understanding.