Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 06-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
Jared_L

Default Why Do Christians insist meditation is "dangerous"?

I have read that meditation "opens one up to demonic forces"... on a christianity forum. As someone who meditates every day I find this assertion ridiculous. In the context of Christian theology, meditation is prayer. Outside of Christian tradition, as with Buddhism, meditation involves stilling the constant chatter we all have inside our heads to allow clarity of perspective to emerge. Is there any reason beyond simple superstition to impute "demonic activity" to meditation practices?
Jared_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #2
markritter
Banned

Its an odd statement as Im sure some would claim it brings a person closer to God.

I would guess that for some of the nothing matter except believing literally in the bible while claiming everything else is a risk. To such people anything that opens your mind to other ideas, which might raise questions and doubts about a rigid dogma is going to be a threat.
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
jake_ball

I think that meditation could be seen as a threat to organised religion cos it could possibily lead people AWAY from the church.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #4
saty

People fear what they don't understand. It's human nature.

t's an ongoing invention by certain Christian churches which aims at spreading as much fear about new religious movements and the new age as possible.
They say the same thing about Yoga, for example.

What you are dealing with is a particular subset of Christianity that believes the only path to self-betterment is through Christ. Under that worldview, all other attempts at self-improvement are misguided and must therefore be the work of occult influences- not to be played with, in other words.

You should know that the third eye is the satanic portal to the demonic realm
Old 06-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #5
oz93666

Many churches also won't allow yoga on their premises (as osho didn't also)..

On one level the christians see meditation and yoga as associated with a rival religion tied up with buddhism and hinduism, "if it were any good we'd be teaching it".

The top of the evil christian cabal know yoga and meditation are realspiritual practices and will lead to clarity, hence people turning their back on christianity.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #6
trebor8

Oh the irony, I go to my local church sometimes just to meditate
trebor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:13 AM   #7
Jared_L

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
I think that meditation could be seen as a threat to organised religion cos it could possibily lead people AWAY from the church.
Yes, I agree. What if they will find out that giving their money to church and putting candles is not what God really wants?
Jared_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #8
ceasar909

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
meditation cuts out the need for a middle man between people and whatever it is that guides our senses of right and wrong.

emancipate yourself from mental slavery,none but ourselves can free our mind
ceasar909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:54 PM   #9
aronia

Post Thats how Fritz Spingmeier see things too

Quote:
Originally Posted by saty View Post
People fear what they don't understand. It's human nature.

t's an ongoing invention by certain Christian churches which aims at spreading as much fear about new religious movements and the new age as possible.
They say the same thing about Yoga, for example.

What you are dealing with is a particular subset of Christianity that believes the only path to self-betterment is through Christ. Under that worldview, all other attempts at self-improvement are misguided and must therefore be the work of occult influences- not to be played with, in other words.

You should know that the third eye is the satanic portal to the demonic realm
Thats how Fritz Spingmeier see things too.
aronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:51 PM   #10
IAwake
Premier Subscribers

It would not be not true to say that Christianity en toto has a problem with meditation. In fact, Christianity has its own meditative tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_meditation

Granted though, many Christians and their respective denominations condemn or are at least wary of certain forms of meditation.

Last edited by IAwake; 09-10-2016 at 07:57 PM.
IAwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:06 PM   #11
iamawaveofthesea

If you look at what magicians do they are practicisng meditative practices and breathing exercises to prepare for experience on entheogens in order to focus their attention

they are opening up a portal in effect. Before their practices they will do banashing rituals which is kinda like having anti-viral software for their mind/body computer

Here is a quote from a magician about possible dangers:

'A few precautions, however, should be observed prior to projecting the Body of Light. To leave the physical body by itself without the guiding intelligence and control of the inner Self is tantamount in most cases to extending an open invitation to whatever astral entity, malignant or otherwise, is in the vicinity to take possession'- Regardie

one concern christians have is that in yogic practices people are repeating the names of entities as mantras

So when christians read about the kind of practices occultists are upto they then see it all in terms of demonic possession

Some magicians argue it is all about psychology whilst others argue a more....paranormal aspect to the process

So....the christians aren't as crazy as they might sound

The following clip has alex jones speaking about his contacts in the military telling him that the CIA and deep state groups are taking DMT (known as the spirit molecule) in order to contact off world groups

the UFOlogists would call them 'extraterrestrials', the occultists might call them 'discarnate entities', truthers might call them 'inter-dimensional beings', but the christians would call them 'angels' and 'demons'

Icke has spoken about 'reptilians' and many people who have taken DMT and other entheogens have described seeing reptilian entities

Graham hancock speaks about an ayahuasca experience where he entered a temple and saw a crocodile-man which sounds like the egyptian 'god' sobek

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 10-10-2016 at 12:17 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #12
gore tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_L View Post
I have read that meditation "opens one up to demonic forces"... on a christianity forum. As someone who meditates every day I find this assertion ridiculous. In the context of Christian theology, meditation is prayer. Outside of Christian tradition, as with Buddhism, meditation involves stilling the constant chatter we all have inside our heads to allow clarity of perspective to emerge. Is there any reason beyond simple superstition to impute "demonic activity" to meditation practices?
It's typical of them. Propaganda at best. They sway mankind from Relearning/Remembering their true essence & power because it contradicts everything they've ever taught their followers.

Knowledge is information; wisdom is transformation. Knowledge is borrowed; wisdom is your own.

Walk without feet. Fly without wings. Think without mind.
gore tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #13
Rogue

Emptying the mind is such a foreign concept to them, that the only conclusion they can come up with is that it's bad, since Christianity is the ultimate extreme duality.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #14
ms_loren

Meditation and religion are different things
ms_loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #15
grandmasterp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_L View Post
There is a huge Christian tradition of meditation.. more here.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_meditation
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote