Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Other News

Old 31-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #41
elshaper
Inactive

It's better that you make your pc non Win10 and switch off wifi etc to safeguard your privacy.... but at the end of the day....if you buy anything online or communicate with someone via email, this is where everything goes pear shaped because chances are that they use gmail, yahoo, hotmail or win10. So they will send your order confirmation with your name, home address, tel number etc in it. No matter how much YOU safeguard at your end, other people will submit your information for you.

It's a bit like driving. You may not drink and drive safely only to find out other bastards has lam into you.

Anyway, this has been the case with my email. I've different address for different use and even if I am clean from virus/malware, other people are infected therefore my email address gets distributed to hackers and they send me spam from there onwards.

To have privacy, you have to be offline. Then people will look at you as if you are mad when you say I don't have an email address/phone number to give to you. I do try though. Usually I say...you have to write to me. What's wrong is that?

I hate this world.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:55 AM   #42
Dude111

According to sheep "WE HAVE NO PRIVACY THESE DAYS" while they sit there on thier spy phones,facebook,etc.......

NO OF COURSE THEY DONT!!!!!!!!!! -- IT DOESNT MEAN WE ALL DONT!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #43
elshaper
Inactive

Can someone tell me please.
When I buy Win7 CD, do I have to register it or can I not register it? What happens with updates if you don't register?
If I MUST then I'll just enter my name as John Doe.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #44
kaito9

What we need is someone to Fan-upgrade/modify Windows XP to even better than Windows 7/10. That way i think we can keep those spies at bay.
kaito9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #45
furling

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Can someone tell me please.
When I buy Win7 CD, do I have to register it or can I not register it? What happens with updates if you don't register?
If I MUST then I'll just enter my name as John Doe.
Quickly say as have I to go soon.

You don't need to register anything with Microsoft but you do need a COA key and needs to be activated online, with windows 7 to receive all updates.

Microsoft brought in stricter anti piracy with windows 7, the tight sods they are. If you don't have a valid key or don't activate windows 7, then you won't receive all updates unfortunately.

You can use any name you like. I never use my real name for security.
Technology will eventually, be used to enslave the human race. Time to wake up.
The UK voted to leave the corrupt, undemocratic EU. Get on with starting article 50!

Last edited by furling; 01-02-2016 at 11:59 AM.
furling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #46
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by furling View Post
Quickly say as have I to go soon.

You don't need to register anything with Microsoft but you do need a COA key and needs to be activated online, with windows 7 to receive all updates.

Microsoft brought in stricter anti piracy with windows 7, the tight sods they are. If you don't have a valid key or don't activate windows 7, then you won't receive all updates unfortunately.

You can use any name you like. I never use my real name for security.
I will buy one with a valid key but online registration was what I meant.
Will have to become John Doe who lives at B'ham palace. Jus kidding.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #47
atredies

How Microsoft will cram Windows 10 even harder down your PC's throat early next year [30 Oct 2015 at 00:57]
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10...ws_10_updates/

Quote:
Microsoft will automatically download Windows 10 to millions more PCs in a "recommended" Windows update early next year.

The tech giant shows no signs of slowing the rollout of its new operating system, utterly undeterred by the growing public outcry at its pushy attitude.

Windows 10 already appears as a free "optional" update for some Windows 7 and 8.1 systems, and soon this will be widened to all machines running a genuine copy of Win 7 and 8.1.

Then early next year, Windows 10 will become a free "recommended" update – meaning it will be immediately downloaded by any PC or device that automatically installs "important" and "recommended" updates.

Windows 10 will therefore find its way onto potentially millions more machines because Microsoft recommends that people always install "important" and "recommended" updates automatically.

Once the new operating system is fetched, users will be asked if they want to boot into Windows 10.

"We understand you care deeply about what happens with your device," Terry Myerson, Microsoft's Windows supremo, wrote in a blog post on Thursday.

"This is why regardless of your upgrade path – you can choose to upgrade or decline the offer."

But, and there's always a but...
Quote:
That being said, we would encourage everyone to upgrade because Windows 10 is the best Windows ever – familiar, safer, faster, and full of innovations.

After any upgrade, you can easily go back to your prior version of Windows within 31 days if you choose. We do this by keeping a full copy of your previous operating system on your device – including apps and settings – for the first 31 days following your upgrade. At any time during the first 31 days, you can go to “Settings->Update and Security->Recovery and Uninstall Windows 10” to return to your prior version of Windows.
Microsoft is also updating its media creator tool so that it spits out DVD ISOs and USB disk images that can upgrade any 32-bit and 64-bit Home or Pro machine to Windows 10. ®

Last edited by atredies; 02-02-2016 at 03:58 PM.
atredies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #48
raffles

All the telemetry bullshit is added windows 7 and 8 via updates now anyway so you are wasting your time.
If you can find a copy of windows 10 enterprise you can turn all the telemetry nonsense off via gpedit.msc thats what i'm running.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #49
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffles View Post
All the telemetry bullshit is added windows 7 and 8 via updates now anyway so you are wasting your time.
If you can find a copy of windows 10 enterprise you can turn all the telemetry nonsense off via gpedit.msc thats what i'm running.
Anyone with opinion on this?
I'm all ears. Win7 or Win 10.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:26 PM   #50
raffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Anyone with opinion on this?
I'm all ears. Win7 or Win 10.
Here's a couple of links about it.

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/28/mic...and-8-systems/

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...re-a-business/
Old 03-02-2016, 06:39 PM   #51
Dude111

Exclamation

New details emerge about forced Windows 10 upgrade -- and how to block it
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #52
furling

Arrow You can avoid windows 10 telemetry in windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffles View Post
That's a bit like saying, well windows 7 and 8 have the same, so may as well upgrade to windows NSA spy 10.

What you fail to say correctly is, that you can choose not to install them windows 7 and 8, telemetry, spy, nagware updates but you have to check each update one by one, individually.

To many people who are not meticulous or don't care what gets installed, have automatic updates switched on or by default. So will install these windows spy 10 updates on windows 7 and windows 8.

I have never done that, even before windows NSA 10 BS! You need to select, check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.

I have been doing just that with no issues since windows NSA spy 10 edition was launched last year.
It's a pain but one of the only ways. Use that GWX tool to stop the windows 10 update from downloading on to your windows 7 PC as well if you want.

Select what I was saying above like in this image.

I hope you elshaper are not thinking of upgrading to windows 10? Thought you was buying windows 7?
Technology will eventually, be used to enslave the human race. Time to wake up.
The UK voted to leave the corrupt, undemocratic EU. Get on with starting article 50!

Last edited by furling; 13-02-2016 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Right now
furling is offline   Reply With Quote