Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #321
al209

The fats that are not destroyed or altered are the ones that end up in body tissues. Most likely to be linoleic acid than any other due to availablity and chain length. This are what causes excess inflammation by conversion to prostaglandins etc. if you were eating low pufa generally, had low body fat and a history of good diet, the vitamin E no doubt will ameliorate the problem somewhat.

I don't think we should have a diet high in sat fat. I think the diet should be reasonably low total fat but a high amount of sat fat relative to pufa.

A few nuts won't hurt, and contain beneficial minerals etc, but i think there's a reason they are not really used as a staple in many places. I only really know of the San bushmen relying on them in any amount (as an undesirable fallback food) and prior to exposure to western medicine their lifespan was shockingly low.

I think ray can be a bit extreme re pufa, for instance I think the fat content of grains is overstated in real terms. But the overall message is good and in the context of someone who has eaten crap all their life and carrying around massive stores of pufa in their adipose, restricting it as much as poss is probably one of the best things you can do with your health.

I've seen nothing that says we are better off with them.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #322
steppewar
Eternal Member

I've just stopped taking fish oil supplements after listening to the below videos.

Taking fish oil supplements is a death sentence on all fronts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By8icw-ua8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7SYlEuRnVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KOfPAuupgc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuf5nFTtwEY

http://www.brianpeskin.com/
steppewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #323
al209

The advice to cut fish oil is good, but i would stop there with Brian Peskin. I read his book "The true story of cancer" years back. Once i had learned a bit about biology i realised what he was saying didnt make sense. I contacted him to challenge him about it and all i got was vague and innacurate responses not befitting a "professor" (which he is not, but loves to say he is). He basically says that pufa is esential to oxygen transport into the cell, which is a load of bollocks.
Old 14-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #324
gaias child

Quote:
Originally Posted by al209 View Post
The fats that are not destroyed or altered are the ones that end up in body tissues. Most likely to be linoleic acid than any other due to availablity and chain length. This are what causes excess inflammation by conversion to prostaglandins etc. if you were eating low pufa generally, had low body fat and a history of good diet, the vitamin E no doubt will ameliorate the problem somewhat.

I don't think we should have a diet high in sat fat. I think the diet should be reasonably low total fat but a high amount of sat fat relative to pufa.

A few nuts won't hurt, and contain beneficial minerals etc, but i think there's a reason they are not really used as a staple in many places. I only really know of the San bushmen relying on them in any amount (as an undesirable fallback food) and prior to exposure to western medicine their lifespan was shockingly low.

I think ray can be a bit extreme re pufa, for instance I think the fat content of grains is overstated in real terms. But the overall message is good and in the context of someone who has eaten crap all their life and carrying around massive stores of pufa in their adipose, restricting it as much as poss is probably one of the best things you can do with your health.

Agreed, good post.

I think possibly the reason nuts would not be beneficial in large amounts all year round, is in nature they are only a round for a short time of the year anyway.
gaias child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #325
gaias child

Quote:

Agreed, good post.

I think possibly the reason nuts would not be beneficial in large amounts all year round, is in nature they are only a round for a short time of the year anyway.
gaias child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #326
pepsi78

Quote:
The advice to cut fish oil is good
Is it fish oil or omega 3 in general, what is the problem ?
I mean almost anything in large portions is bad, maybe cut it to a level not cut omega 3 out of your diet for good. It's an essential fatty acid.
If it's just fish oil you can get omega 3 from other sources.

Last edited by pepsi78; 14-07-2013 at 05:09 PM.
pepsi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #327
al209

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi78 View Post
Is it fish oil or omega 3 in general, what is the problem ?
I mean almost anything in large portions is bad, maybe cut it to a level not cut omega 3 out of your diet for good. It's an essential fatty acid.
If it's just fish oil you can get omega 3 from other sources.
You should read the article in the opening post.
Old 14-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #328
nixieolgb

as the mrs changed her diet as soon as we learned that she had cancer she started losing pounds almost at an alarming rate. to stop the decline started her on low or no pufa containing nuts. it did the trick. her weight is now stable. (but she lost around a stone since the diagnosis - which is ideal for hormonal tumours)
nixieolgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #329
al209

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixieolgb View Post
as the mrs changed her diet as soon as we learned that she had cancer she started losing pounds almost at an alarming rate. to stop the decline started her on low or no pufa containing nuts. it did the trick. her weight is now stable. (but she lost around a stone since the diagnosis - which is ideal for hormonal tumours)
Macadamias?
Old 14-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #330
nixieolgb

Quote:
Macadamias?
yes mate and chestnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews etc...although not really low on pufa but a few brazil nuts as well (antioxidant value).
nixieolgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #331
al209

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixieolgb View Post
a few brazil nuts as well (antioxidant value).
selenium too...the organic kind!
Old 14-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #332
pepsi78

Quote:
You should read the article in the opening post.
Fair