Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 03-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #21
domathy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Please be careful with the Theobromine in chocolate in fact google it and see for yourself,in tea and coffee too,it alters digestion,toxic really also be careful now with chocolate if it has added in soya, athough you are talking raw. You might be interested in www.red23.co.uk for raw stuff like goats milk too.I know not so cheap.
I'll be honest, although I would rather be full vegan I find i am better with milk chocolate as there is much less theobromine. Dark choc and cacoa gives me a bad headache. But maybe thats cos I still havent learned moderation.
domathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #22
lesleypumpshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Please be careful with the Theobromine in chocolate in fact google it and see for yourself,in tea and coffee too,it alters digestion,toxic really also be careful now with chocolate if it has added in soya, athough you are talking raw. You might be interested in www.red23.co.uk for raw stuff like goats milk too.I know not so cheap.
Thanks for posting that, I just googled that and I think that all the raw cocoa I have eaten during my special ladies time might be the cause of my 3 day migraine. I will have to lay off it I think!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #23
domathy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
I dread to thinkhow much I have spent over the years on supplements, although I do like kelp. I thought it wasn't doing anything, then I stopped it for a bit and felt quite lethargic.

Most of them have been a waste of money though. I am enjoying raw cocoa nibs right now, but more as a treat. I get a bag of 100g for £1.90 and they are so strong that I can only eat a few in one go, so they go a long way. But they are much better than eating a mars bar!

I quite like maca too to put in smoothies and to have as a hot drink because it tastes like horlicks. I just get the raw powder though. That isn't really a supplement though. I did take it for PMS and hormonal things and it did help, so I started taking it again.

To be honest I find I feel healthiest when I eat mainly raw unadulterated fruit and vegetables.
Its funny i was looking at kelp the other day and think i might give it a try again.

I was just saying to blue2, if Im going to have treats im better off with a bar of green and blacks milk choc -I still havent mastered moderation and I find if i over indulge on superfoods that i suffer way more than regular junk food. Prob cos superfood is so nutrient dense, wheras junk is just hollow apart from toxins and acids - both of which I am an expert at neutralising G&B is the only junk food I can tolerate though as anything else makes me feel like crap.

Last edited by domathy; 03-05-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #24
infinite i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
Really? What kind of things? Shamanic things?

Enjoy your raw chocolate and smoothies
Aye works great to potentiate well everything I usually use it for a wee boost and to potentiate mescaline containing cactus, I then discovered yerba mate and that sort fo replaced my stimulating drinks of the day, I cant drink coffee. I used to make fruit smoothies for breakfast and they were a bit meh but then I found this, similiar fruit smoothie but with chocolate, lvoe the taste of them really improved my smoothies, oh linky to a friend of mines brain smoothie recipe

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=658.0

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #25
trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by domathy View Post
I know the diet stuff i post is not for everyone but I post it as i know some will resonate - but I know it must seem evangelical. I had to go extreme with my diet as I was hanging by a thread and had screwed my body up really bad so had to take drastic measures. For other people just making small changes will make a big difference. Your approach is great if it works for you, just keep plodding along and learning and doing things at your own pace. Small changes add up over time.
Great thread. I'd be very interested to learn more about your diet and how you healed yourself. I could really do with a drastic change.

Last edited by trooper; 06-05-2011 at 08:10 AM. Reason: mistake
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #26
domathy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Great thread. I'd be very interested to learn more about your diet and how you healed yourself. I could really do with a drastic change.
Well. I was just starting to write my bio so here's my story:

I spent my teens in discomfort due to an unknown wheat allergy that made me depressed and gave me muddled thinking. So took drugs (skunk, E’s, speed etc) to escape and feel good. Turned 19 and still in discomfort plus effects of drugs (paranoia, psychosis and generally burned out). I gave up drugs but still felt bad. I became interested in alternatives like meditation which gave me a glimpse of feeling good. Nutrition seemed important, so gave up wheat, dairy and sugar and got some progress, much trial and error, read lots of contradicting views about diet. Didn’t make as much progress as I wanted but knew this held the solution. Then got dengue fever causing severe weight loss and CFS, then while recovering got broken leg & haemophilia & blood clots in my lungs. Started learning lots about raw food. Whilst still on crutches went to seminar on alkalizing and live blood analysis. Turns out my symptoms were linked to over acidity and within just a few days on an alkaline diet I was making progress. Within a few weeks my health had improved more than it had in years of trial and error. I was so impressed that I got my doctor to agree to take the cast off my leg 1 week early so that I could fly to USA so I could train to be a blood microscopist (also I no longer needed blood thinning medication as my haemophilia and thrombophillia had ‘disappeared’). Since then I have been helping others & my health on upward trend now finally fit.

If you are interested in changing your diet, here is the alkaline diet thread:
http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=165023

I will be posting 'how to' videos soon which explain healthy meals you can make in 2 mins. Also cheap ways to detox acids out your body.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #27
trooper

Thanks for the info, really interesting.

I've been vegetarian for about 6 years and to be honest I don't feel healthy at all, and I still crave meat now and again.
My plan is to completely give up alcohol and add plenty of raw foods to my diet as well as regular exercise. I've also been drinking Bi-Carb in water but I've not been doing it consistantly enough to see results yet.

Are there basic things you could suggest that should be done everyday which would help improve our health? What are good ways to heal a broken down body?

Thanks for the alkaline link, amazing information everyone should read this. Also looking forward to your healthy meals and detox advice.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #28
domathy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Thanks for the info, really interesting.

I've been vegetarian for about 6 years and to be honest I don't feel healthy at all, and I still crave meat now and again.
My plan is to completely give up alcohol and add plenty of raw foods to my diet as well as regular exercise. I've also been drinking Bi-Carb in water but I've not been doing it consistantly enough to see results yet.

Are there basic things you could suggest that should be done everyday which would help improve our health? What are good ways to heal a broken down body?

Thanks for the alkaline link, amazing information everyone should read this. Also looking forward to your healthy meals and detox advice.

C.O.W.S:
Chlorophyll (green veg, good quality wheatgrass powder ie not freeze dried)
Oil - omega 3&6 (udo's oil)
Water (for £10 buy: www.aqua-vortex.co.uk to improve tap/bottled water, ideally get a decent water filter too)
Salt (and bicarb)

If all you do is consistently apply those things your body will bounce back.
But, you need the right salt, oil, water and chlorophyll. My video clips are almost finished so will give some easy recepie ideas too.

I will be doing more threads and posting the vids too - but feel free to message me if you need extra help.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #29
oneofthemasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by domathy View Post
......is the line that sceptics constantly parrot.

So why are so many people sick?
Most of my clients had been eating very healthy diets for a long time before coming to me, but were still sick. Yet with strategic supplementation and diet modifications were able to heal fully from their symptoms.

A healthy diet may be fine for maintaining health, but not for restoring it.

What is a healthy diet? The top soil is practically dead - so where do we get minerals from?

Just my little rant. There seems to be so many people who will put there spoke in where nutrition is concerned without knowing what they are saying.
For people who are ALREADY severely ill (due to genetics, toxins, pharmaceuticals, vaccines, infections, etc.) this is often true.

I agree that a healthy wholesome clean diet is necessary for good health for the majority of people (some lucky people can eat shite but have great genes and natural endogenous antioxidants to prevent disease), but it is not always *sufficient*, as already pointed out. If you have a genetic or serious disease, toxic overload, etc. it is more likely that diet alone is not going to be enough. Almost certainly you will need more than the "average" well person.

I once had a dumbass dietitian tell me that all I needed was a "good diet" and that anything else was a waste of money. I was pale as a ghost, could barely walk, and weak.

At the time, I had just been diagnosed with Celiac Disease (and started a gluten free diet), which had gone misdiagnosed for quite some time. Not only did I not have any intestinal villi left to actually ABSORB the nutrients from food, I had established nutrient deficiencies as well.

I required high dose mega supplements, some of them sublingual. I probably should have had IV nutrients at that point as well as I was so ill. Even though my intestines have now healed, I still require mega dosease of nutrients and supplements for my health to be even somewhat normal. This is alongside a nutrient rich clean diet.

Not everyone needs supplements...but in today's toxic world, with less nutrient rich foods, many people do. In the case of people ALREADY sick, or with those with a genetic or environmental predisposition, supplements should be part of a healing/health plan, IMHO. Ideally you get everything from food...but for some people this is simply not enough.

I personally get the feeling that most mainstream healh practitioners, even those not Big Pharma puppets, have little to no alternative training, are taught to dismiss the validity of it, or simply don't care. In my case, if I would have died, it would have saved the healthcare system in costs (public healthcare-Canadian),so it's not like anyone would have fought hard to help me heal other than the ineffective "basics". How many people are dying a slow death to this lack of information/misinformation?
oneofthemasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #30
domathy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofthemasses View Post
For people who are ALREADY severely ill (due to genetics, toxins, pharmaceuticals, vaccines, infections, etc.) this is often true.

I agree that a healthy wholesome clean diet is necessary for good health for the majority of people (some lucky people can eat shite but have great genes and natural endogenous antioxidants to prevent disease), but it is not always *sufficient*, as already pointed out. If you have a genetic or serious disease, toxic overload, etc. it is more likely that diet alone is not going to be enough. Almost certainly you will need more than the "average" well person.

I once had a dumbass dietitian tell me that all I needed was a "good diet" and that anything else was a waste of money. I was pale as a ghost, could barely walk, and weak.

At the time, I had just been diagnosed with Celiac Disease (and started a gluten free diet), which had gone misdiagnosed for quite some time. Not only did I not have any intestinal villi left to actually ABSORB the nutrients from food, I had established nutrient deficiencies as well.

I required high dose mega supplements, some of them sublingual. I probably should have had IV nutrients at that point as well as I was so ill. Even though my intestines have now healed, I still require mega dosease of nutrients and supplements for my health to be even somewhat normal. This is alongside a nutrient rich clean diet.

Not everyone needs supplements...but in today's toxic world, with less nutrient rich foods, many people do. In the case of people ALREADY sick, or with those with a genetic or environmental predisposition, supplements should be part of a healing/health plan, IMHO. Ideally you get everything from food...but for some people this is simply not enough.

I personally get the feeling that most mainstream healh practitioners, even those not Big Pharma puppets, have little to no alternative training, are taught to dismiss the validity of it, or simply don't care. In my case, if I would have died, it would have saved the healthcare system in costs (public healthcare-Canadian),so it's not like anyone would have fought hard to help me heal other than the ineffective "basics". How many people are dying a slow death to this lack of information/misinformation?
Great post, sounds like youve been through it!